My Answer

Unfair! |Do Kyungsoo x Reader x Byun Baekhyun FanFic|

You arrived in school in 9 AM in the morning. You didn't have classes for the day and you'd be spending it with Jongin in the morning so he could help you with the lyrics of the song he'd dedicate to Naeun.

You met Kris and Tao on your way to the studio room and they greeted you and noticed the new look you had. "You're wearing glasses, for real?" this was the first time they saw you wearing eyeglasses.

"Well, I actually am nearsighted." You told Tao and immediately Tao took the eyeglasses off from you. "I don't really want to be accustomed to use eyeglasses but my head really hurts."

Tao soon gave you your eyeglasses back and Kris told you, "I didn't really recognize you, your hair is down and you have eyeglasses, you look more like a lady now." He patted your head and you smiled at him.

They soon went to their classes and you went on your way to the studio. No one was around so you reviewed the lyrics you composed the other day. 2 more songs. One is Jongin's. I wonder what the third song will be.

You leaned back on your chair and glanced where Baekhyun was usually working. Your face suddenly heated up with the memory you had yesterday but there's a slight smile planted on your face. You held the top of your head where Baekhyun's touch lingered.

Then you suddenly went back to reality when someone went inside the studio room. You turned around and suddenly pinched yourself because you thought you were still daydreaming.

Baekhyun was surprised to see you with your new look. He didn't notice that your hair was longer than your waist. He greeted you silently and settled in on his worktable.

You then went up to him and sat across him. You were shaking as you slid a sandwich towards him. You were embarrassed because he was confused at why you're offering food to him. "T-that's a thank you for yesterday." You smiled at him sheepishly and his mouth opened and realized what it was for.

He smiled a little to you and accepted the sandwich, "Thanks, you don't have to." And there you slowly nodded at him and awkwardly went back to your seat after saying, "You could eat that comfortably."

Baekhyun was new to how you're acting today because you were being shy at all. Yeah, she's a girl, definitely. He glanced at you and watched as you doodle on your notebook. "You're not writing a song?" Baekhyun suddenly blurted out which surprised the both of you. He cleared his throat and asked once again, "How's your work?"

You answered him, "I'm done with the lyrics of the first one. Jongin is requesting so he could dedicate it to Naeun so that's the second song. And I still don't have the lyrics for the third song." you admitted.

And Baekhyun was a little worried because you only had a week left. "I don't think you can make it, Jieun."

But that was not a problem to you at all. "That's okay, we'll go acoustic if ever I didn't make it in time." and Baekhyun kind of agreed to your idea.

"Yeah, you can do that." He told you and you asked him how he's doing. "I'm only doing 2 songs." His answer was short but you understood that he's already done with it.

But still, you said, "I bet you're done with those two. Ah~ So lucky, you don't have to do anything anymore." You looked back at your notebook and sighed.

"I'll edit some parts, I think." Baekhyun told you and then you were a bit envious by the work he had done. You just stared at your notebook and heavily thought of another topic to compose.

You put leaned your head on your arm and wailed. You then looked at Baekhyun who immediately averted his gaze away, "Baekhyun, do you have some ideas?"

Then he sighed and gestured to you to sit beside him. And you saw on his notebook that he was already scribbling some lyrics and you thought that he was a genius. Your eyes shone with that and he told you. "Since it's your idea, this one will also be played acoustic." You nodded at him and he already had the melody in mind as he sang the chorus part.

You were smiling the whole time he was helping you and you suggested and composed the lyrics in the verses, too. And with the whole morning, you and Baekhyun had written your third song.

Your eyes shined in glee, "Baekhyun, you're really a great help!" you couldn't help but to hug him on his side. But you didn't realize it at first until you saw his blushing face. He turned your face away on the other direction and told you, "D-Don't just jump on me!"

You apologized and there you both got awkward again. you thanked the heavens when Jongin arrived. Jongin settled on across you and Baekhyun. You asked Jongin some points in the song that could make Naeun realize that it was for her and you jotted it down.

You were in the zone in writing and your mind was working its way to immediately compose the First verse of the song. Baekhyun soon interrupted and helped with the Chorus of the song and Jongin just nodded at everything he heard and just admired you and Baekhyun working hard and smart.

2 more hours had passed and your alarm started to ring, indicating that you should cut the day off and continue on looking for a job. "Is that why you're wearing eyeglasses and had your hair down, so you could look smart and pretty?" Jongin exclaimed and you cursed him.

"Whatever you say, I'm going!" You hissed at your brother and he just laughed at you. Baekhyun soon went after you and left Jongin behind after bidding him goodbye.

"Jieun, wait." Baekhyun called you. You turned back to him and he said, "Where are you going?" You told him once again that you'd go look for a job but he changed his question, "I mean, will you go around that area again?"

You check your phone with the addresses your blockmates gave you, "Yes, apparently there's still 2 more stores around there which is hiring." Baekhyun then just stayed there, thinking of something to say. You waited for him to compose himself but you soon said, "Anyways, I really have to go now."

And you started walking away from him. Your mind was clouded of what was going on with Baekhyun because usually, he'd just let you go alone and not care about you anymore. But then he stopped you again. "I'll come with you!" he blurted out and you were surprised.

You turned back at him and asked him if you heard the right thing. But Baekhyun didn't answer you instead, he walked past you and said, "I have time to kill anyway." And you went up to him, happily skipping like the child you were.

You were walking behind him and were admiring his back and the fact that he willingly went together with you when Baekhyun suddenly felt awkward with you, just tailing him. He looked at you back and forth but didn't say anything until you arrived at the bus stop.

You two settled down on the bus stop. You didn't really know what to tell him so you just blurted out, "Can I ask you something?" Baekhyun didn't respond and just continued on fumbling on his phone like earlier. You just cued that as his approval, "What's your relationship with Hyeran?"

Then Baekhyun looked at you with his eyes asking if you were asking that ridiculous question. "Didn't I tell you guys about that?"

And then you reasoned out, "Oh, I'm not around when you introduced her to the group so I don't really know." You sheepishly laughed.

Then Baekhyun just sighed and went back on watching something on his phone but he answered. "Me and Hyeran are childhood friends. She doesn't have any relatives left, they got into car accident that's why our family kind of takes care of her."

You felt a little bad for Hyeran and with your thoughts before about her being all over Baekhyun. Now, you understood her a little. "So she's staying with you guys?"

"No, she's living in an all-girl dormitory. She wants to move out there immediately and live on her own but we didn't let her since it's dangerous." Baekhyun explained and you nodded, feeling a little envious of Hyeran because she was already an independent in spite being younger than you were.

The bus arrived soon and you both went inside, sitting on the furthest seats available. You were staring out the window, taking in the peaceful atmosphere between you two. Baekhyun soon dozed off while having earphones on his ears. You looked at him and stared at him for a while. "Thank you, Baekhyun." You whispered at him.

Then you noticed a child looking at you from across your seats. You smiled at him and offered him a sandwich you made, the same with the one you gave Baekhyun. The child poked his mother and pointed at your sandwich, you sheepishly smiled at her and she did, too, allowing her son to go to you.

The toddler cutely walked to your side and you wanted to squish him right there. You patted his head when he bowed at you and tried his best to give you thanks. The child then poked Baekhyun's leg that made Baekhyun woke up. You sheepishly smiled at Baekhyun while the child was staring up at him.

"Old!" the child exclaimed, pointing at Baekhyun, before going back to his mother's side. The lady apologetically thanked you and smiled at the both of you. Then you laughed at Baekhyun's confused reaction as he turned to you, "Do I look old?!"

"Well, that's because of your hair, it's white. You know how children think." You explained to him and he quite understood it.

But still, it bothered him. So he asked you shyly, "Doesn't my hair suit me?"

"No, it looks cool! I really like it." you exclaimed and after thinking how embarrassing that sounded, you took it back and stuttered. "I-I mean, yeah, i-it's good that you have a n-new look." You were about to explain once again but Baekhyun looked at you which made your heart stop for a moment. "Y-yeah, you're okay." And you sat properly and turned away from him and covered your face with your hair so he wouldn't see your blushing face. Why does he have to look so handsome with his silver hair?! You tried to calm yourself down.

"W-well, you're okay too." Baekhyun whispered but you sure heard it. You were surprised at what he said and you turned slowly to him, asking him if he really said it. Baekhyun was embarrassed and irritated at you so he told you, "Why do you have to make everything awkward?! Turn that way, sheesh!"

And you immediately turned to the window again and ask yourself, What the hell is going on? Your body felt hot, especially your neck up and you knew that you were blushing intensely.

You both froze at the moment, calming yourselves from what just happened. But then your stomach growled and you remembered that you hadn't had your lunch yet. You heard Baekhyun laughed and you pinched his leg.

You covered your face with your hands with all the embarrassment you're feeling. Then Baekhyun poked you, you looked at him, offering you the sandwich you gave him earlier. You shook your head, "But I gave that to you."

"But you're hungry." Baekhyun insisted and you somehow regretted that you offered your sandwich to the child earlier. You pinched a portion of the sandwich and insisted, "You should eat, too. You haven't eaten since the morning so I know you're a little hungry, right?" And Baekhyun couldn't argue more so he ate the half of the sandwich.

You got off the bus and went to the address of the store your blockmate recommended you. While walking, you and Baekhyun saw a fast food chain on your way. You both looked at each other and immediately went inside to eat lunch at 2 o'clock in the afternoon.

You had finished ordering for both you and Baekhyun when you heard some girls talking about a certain silver-haired handsome guy and wanting to ask him if he had company. You slowly gulped because they'd see a plain you accompanying that handsome guy.

Then Baekhyun saw you from a distance and immediately went up to you and scolded you, "Why didn't you ask for help?"

"But I can manage." You told him that it was not a big deal, and you heard all those girls being curious of who you were to Baekhyun. Settling down your seats, you told Baekhyun, "Baekhyun, by chance, in that one month of vacation, did you become a model?"

Baekhyun gave you a confused look, "What are you saying?"

You explained to him, "You're becoming more and more popular. Almost all of the girls we met on the way are all curious about you." He just looked at you as if it was nothing to him. "Let them be."

"Doesn't it bother you?" You asked him and he shook his head casually.

"Why will it bother me? Just let them judge all they want and say things. I just wanted a change, that's what." He explained to you and you agreed to him. "Luhan and Sehun both dyed their hair pink. They worry about nothing."

You nodded at him, "Talking about matching hair, Kyungsoo wanted to dye his hair brown so he could be the same as Jisoo." And you made a scrunched face indicating how you found it cheesy.

Baekhyun then chuckled, "So, you're fine with them now?"

And that question made you nervous. You didn't notice that you were both sensitive about that topic. "Y-yeah I mean, I can do nothing about it now. Well, I mean, I chose to do nothing about it and eventually, I got over it."

Then Baekhyun looked at you, "Then you're moved on now?"

You shyly answered, "I-I guess."

Then Baekhyun chuckled but you were too nervous that you sensed that he was not in a good mood at that time, "So who is it? Is it Dongmin?"

And you gave Baekhyun a confused face. Then he pointed out, "Still as dense as ever." That made you look at him with confusion more.

You clarified to him, "Dongmin is just handsome, that's all. No good points anymore." You told Baekhyun as you remembered how arrogant he actually was. Then you changed the topic back to him, "Then how about you and Hyeran."

And Baekhyun's eyebrows twitched and he answered you coldly, "There's nothing going on between me and Hyeran."

"But she likes you, right? I'm sure you know that." You told him and he didn't answer but he looked at you as if saying that he did know about Hyeran's feelings.

You suddenly felt nervous because you didn't know how to respond to that. You were about to talk nonsense about him and Hyeran, "You and Hyeran look good togeth-"

But he suddenly cut you off which made you jump on your seat and look at his eyes, boring into you. "Don't tell other people who they should be dating." And Baekhyun looked at you, now having the same look on his face the moment he confessed to you. "'Cause they might do it."

And you couldn't say nothing but, "I'm sorry." And you went on eating with the atmosphere you hated. An atmosphere where it's obvious that you hurt Baekhyun.

That kind of atmosphere soon vanished as you two walked around the town, looking for a decent part-time job. You looked inside the third store that was hiring when Baekhyun stopped you.

"There's a café nearby and I think that they were hiring." Baekhyun then pulled you to the café he was talking about. And as you took the first step inside, you were welcomed by the smell of coffee and the eye-smile of your Senior, Kim Junmyeon.

Your eyes popped out when you saw him welcoming you as if he's anticipating for your arrival. You looked at Baekhyun and he gestured to talk to Junmyeon. But even before you speak, Junmyeon exclaimed, "You're hired!"

And your eyes shined in glee and excitement when Junmyeon asked about your schedule in school and in practices. You asked him, "This café is yours?"

"It's my family business and we really hire student part-timers. Oh and by the way, Minseok is here, too." Junmyeon called Minseok who was in the pantry and he smiled immediately when he saw you, "Oh, you're here~" he strutted towards you like that cute 'child' he was.

You bowed at him and greeted him. "I'm really looking forward to working with you, my seniors." And you felt relieved because you didn't have to be meek with your surroundings because you knew some people working there.

"It's good that Baekhyun knew about this place." You looked at Baekhyun and gave him a smile as a thank you. "I'll treat you when my first salary comes." Baekhyun was about to say no but he didn't when he saw you smiling from ear to ear and looking up the ceiling and describing how beautiful the interior was. I like you when you smile like that. 
 

A/N: I'm sorry I am not able to upload earlier >.< I was too busy reading mangas ^^