Girl X Friend

Unfair! |Do Kyungsoo x Reader x Byun Baekhyun FanFic|

Luhan and Naeun once again dragged you to the rooftop. That had been your routine since last week when they first gave you that simple make-over. You rolled your eyes because you were tired of it. Well, you wanted to look more decent now but you always gave up with your hair.

"Here, try this hair style yourself." Luhan said as he showed you a simple hairstyle downloaded on his phone. You looked at Luhan and begged for him to do it instead but he sternly said no, so you had no choice.

After fixing your hair according to what Luhan told you to do, they smiled at you and told you to keep on doing that. You just smiled because although you're still awkward, they're helping you on improving yourself.

"Oh, by the way, where's Kyungsoo?" Luhan asked since he was a little confused because for the whole week after the concert, you and Kyungsoo were inseparable but now, Kyungsoo was nowhere to be found.

"Ah, Kyungsoo is going to talk to Jisoo." You answered and the two were shocked at what you said.

"So Jisoo finally showed up?!" they exclaimed and you were surprised as well but you were a little relieved because since the confrontation between you and Kyungsoo, Jisoo didn't attend classes. And although Kyungsoo was always with you, his thoughts were full of Jisoo.

-

"Jisoo." Kyungsoo called after waiting for hours for Jisoo whose class just ended. Jisoo was surprised because after what happened and after the avoidance she did, Kyungsoo was still looking for her.

Jisoo just looked at Kyungsoo for good three seconds and wanted to apologize but she couldn't so she just put her head down and was about to leave when Kyungsoo stopped her, "Let's talk."

Kyungsoo dragged Jisoo to the tree where they always talk and hang out. Jisoo was still bowing her head and not talking so Kyungsoo started, "Jisoo I know you don't really like me."

And Jisoo just bit her lips, "I know you really hated me and Jieun, right?"

Jisoo nodded because what Kyungsoo said was true. She really hated the friendship between you and Kyungsoo, "T-then why are you still here?!" Jieun clenched her teeth, "Y-yes that's true so you should really leave. I'm done playing with you!"

"Then why, Jisoo? Why?" Kyungsoo asked because he didn't have any idea what you two did to Jisoo.

"Why? Because I want you two to be ruined, no girl and boy stay as best friends. There's no friendship between a boy and a girl Kyungsoo." Jisoo answered as she remembered what happened to her.

"That's why you're trying to split us apart? Well I'm telling you Jisoo that we won't be destroyed, our friendship is much stronger than what you know Jisoo." Kyungsoo defended and believed in your friendship.

Jisoo then laughed at Kyungsoo, "That's why I'm telling you to go to her, right? You've heard enough from me, so go on and hate me all you want because I don't care." Jisoo was about to leave when Kyungsoo told her. "I know you don't want that!"

"You don't know anything Kyungsoo." Kyungsoo could see the hatred and loneliness in Jisoo's eyes. "You only know my weakness but that doesn't mean you know all about me."

"I may not know all of you Jisoo, but I know one thing's for sure." And Kyungsoo pulled and hugged Jisoo. Jisoo was taken aback at what Kyungsoo, but still, she tried to push Kyungsoo away and cursed him. "You tell me there's no friendship between a boy and a girl, then what are we?"

Jisoo was surprised at what she heard, that was the first time that she heard that. "W-what?"

"We're friends, aren't we?" Kyungsoo said as he smiled at Jisoo.

Jisoo just stared at Kyungsoo and tears welled up in her eyes, "Look, your eyes are answering yes!" Kyungsoo laughed as he pointed at Jisoo's eyes and Jisoo immediately wiped away her tears and cursed Kyungsoo.

Jisoo had finished crying and she asked Kyungsoo why he still looked after her in spite of she had done to him and you. Kyungsoo then answered, "Well, I did my research. You had a boy best friend but he got a girl friend and he left you."

Kyungsoo explained and Jisoo just bit her lips as Kyungsoo continued, "So I understand why you felt that way towards us." He ruffled her hair, "But not everyone is like that, we are not like that. We won't leave each other, and I won't leave you."

Kyungsoo smiled and Jisoo's heart softened and smiled at him too, "Thank you Kyungsoo."

-

"And so, that's what happened." Kyungsoo explained to you how he and Jisoo reconciled. You then pouted and found Jisoo a little bit immature but you knew that she just hurt so much that she was able to do that to other people. "Oh and by the way."

Kyungsoo said, "About Luhan..."

Then you remembered that you hadn't explained and clarified to Kyungsoo yet what the truth was, "Ohh, I just said I love you to Luhan as a friend, not as... you know."

Kyungsoo smiled and nodded, "I know." Then you looked at him and hissed, "You didn't believe me that time!"

Kyungsoo then explained himself, "I mean, yeah, I admit that time, I misunderstood it. But I saw him here in the rooftop and told me everything."

You then were shocked because you thought that Luhan wouldn't tell it to others. "And Luhan is the one who made me realize everything." Kyungsoo smiled at you and you told yourself to give thanks to Luhan later.

"A-and I think I'm feeling something..." Kyungsoo said and you looked at him and were curious of what Kyungsoo noticed, "Does Luhan like Sehun?"

And there ou remembered how observant Kyungsoo was, in just a short span of time, he noticed that Luhan liked Sehun. You were about to say yes but then you were not sure if you could tell that to Kyungsoo because it was Luhan's secret.

But you didn't want to lie to Kyungsoo so you just said while putting your head to your knees, "I-I think I'm not the one who should tell you that." And you wished Kyungsoo to understand.

Then Kyungsoo put his hand on your head and smiled, "I understand." You smiled at Kyungsoo and looked at him because he was looking away. His face really looked peaceful and that was also the first time you saw him that way for a long time.

"D-do you like Jisoo?" you suddenly blurted out which made Kyungsoo look at you nervously. And that look made you uneasy even though he said, "I-I really don't know. Because whenever we're together, all she talks about is her best friend and of course, you."

He was laughing sheepishly, "Well, do you know that feeling that you've grown tired of hearing that." He explained and you nodded while hiding the feeling of pain. Ah, I'm really hopeless. You laughed at yourself internally for falling for your best friend.

You exhaled and looked at the skies. "Maybe I do." You were shocked at what was happening because he was looking at you and he suddenly held your hand. You're confusing me, Kyungsoo.

You gulped and thought of what to say, but you just punched him on his side and said, "Y-you should really pursue it! She likes you, right?" you laughed awkwardly.

But he laughed and you looked at his hurt expression, "That's not true, I know that at least." You didn't know but you also got hurt when he said that, "She just likes the idea that there is someone who is always beside her and will never oppose her. And that's me."

Maybe Kyungsoo also realized that he was being used by Jisoo, at first. "You really know her now, huh."

Kyungsoo laughed, "Yeah, we've been together for quite a time so I guess, I know her a little. But Jieun..." Kyungsoo then looked at you in all seriousness, "I know that what I'm asking you is too much since Jisoo hurt you and tried to break us but I really want you to consider."

He smiled at you sincerely and you couldn't refuse to that. You assured him, "You know me Kyungsoo, I forgive easily but I won't forget. But you know what? The reason why I let you be by her side even though I don't really like it is because I know that there's something good about her."

You explained further, "Yes, you are not good with girls but with people, I trust your instincts Kyungsoo, so I know that there's a little hope for us." You smiled at him and he gave you what you loved the most, his heart-shaped smile and his hug. You hugged him back and wished for that moment to stop because you knew that you would lose Kyungsoo sooner or later. He might not admit it, but you knew your best friend. You wanted to cry.

Then Tao suddenly opened the door to the rooftop and called for you, "Jieun! Kyungsoo!" and you could see the panic and excitement in his eyes which made you laugh at his state. Once he saw you two, he shouted, "Junmyeon called you to the office now!"

Then you and Kyungsoo immediately followed Tao towards the office of the Performing Arts Organization and were met by some visitors you didn't know of.

Junmyeon and Yixing were smiling and everyone was present and it seemed like they were waiting for all of you to be complete. The visitor then said after some greetings, "We are an organizer in our town and we've seen your performance in your concert. And we would like you to hold another 2 concerts for the summer and winter festivals that will be held at the center." And all of you were surprised and excited at the news as they added, "And of course, with a good offer of money for you to produce and for the preparation of songs and the money that we'll get from the concert proper will be divided equally."

Kris and Junmyeon then signed the contracts and papers that were needed for the legality of the agreement of the two parties. They also discussed the requests of each party while you and the others waited inside the practice room, waiting giddily for the announcement.

Junmyeon and Kris arrived and they told you the good news that the contract was signed. You all celebrated until Kris said the conditions for the concert, "Okay, for the summer festival, of course, we need summer vibe for the songs we'll create. And the concept of the songs we must compose is the word itself but..." and all of you anticipated for what he would say. Kris looked at you and you suddenly felt nervous, "they require that girls would participate in the concert itself."

And your mouth dropped because you knew no girls who would want to practice and stress over a concert instead of relaxing and enjoying the summer, "I-I would like to inform you that I don't sing." You smiled sheepishly at them.

"Me, I sing!" And you all looked at the lady at the door, "I-if you'd like to include me. I-I will audition if you'd like." Jisoo said while she bit her lips and gulped after seeing all of your reactions.

Baekhyun looked at you who were shocked as well. He knew that you were still not in good terms with her. You were looking at Kyungsoo the whole time Jisoo was explaining. Then Kyungsoo said when he noticed that the others were asking for his approval. "It's up to you, guys. I mean, let's have her audition and give our honest opinions. We could also do that to other girls who wanted to join, too. Still, there's price to pay so I think others would be interested as well."

Jisoo sang in acapella and you all were surprised because she could really sing. how much you hated to admit it but it was the first time you saw her beauty as she sang with her heart. And you knew that others saw that, too. "I approve that she should join the concert." You said as the others smiled at you because you were not basing your decision by your feelings.

Junmyeon and Kris were appointing who would lead the songs to be performed when Jisoo held your hand and dragged you on the corner of the practice room.

You were still having your eyes cold at her because even though you understood what her reason was, she still hurt you and the fact that she would still be around was equivalent to the fact that you'd have your time with Kyungsoo cut off once again. Then she held out a handkerchief to you while bowing her head, "I-I'm sorry!"

You were surprised not because she apologized to you, but you were surprised that she handed you a handkerchief with your name embroided in it. So you straightened her up, "Don't bow to me, or to any of the guys." You hissed at her, but you had that slight smile on your face as you accept the handkerchief and her forgiveness, "Just don't do it again, okay? Or else." You pouted at her while she smiled at you sincerely, "You ." You told her and she laughed at it.

-

It had been a week since you all started to appoint the things each member was supposed to do. And it was a week before the summer vacation would start. You were surprised at the sudden opportunities and the sudden turn of events. Just like right now, you were on the canteen to eat after classes for working later than usual for the concert, but with a surprise set of friends. Jisoo was sitting beside you and Kyungsoo, and Jongdae and Sehun were diligently eating across you.

Jisoo stared at your food once again, and she put one of her carrots on your plate. So you hissed at her, "I told you I don't like carrots!"

Jisoo was a little bit surprised but she scolded you, "Still, you should try it!"

"I've already tried, okay? Every time you eat with me, you always give me at least five cuts!" You complained at her because she was always forcing you to eat that and you couldn't refuse. You just didn't know why you couldn't.

And again, Sehun and Jongdae eyed you two because you were peculiar partners. And Jisoo had been always sticking together with you even more than Kyungsoo. "Yah, yah, Jieun, just eat that, okay?" Sehun scolded you, too.

Then you put the carrots Jisoo gave you and put it on to Sehun's food. "Then, you eat it." You pouted at him because he shouldn't be saying those things when he's at the same level with you in eating vegetables.

"Jongdae, you eat this." Sehun then passed it on to Jongdae. Jongdae was about to eat it when Jisoo glared at him, making him put the vegetable on your plate again.

You sighed, "Yah Kyungsoo, I think you should get her back to her cage. She's annoying once again!" you tugged at Kyungsoo's shirt but he just laughed.

"I tried but she said she misses you." Kyungsoo said and you looked at Jisoo and pinched her.

"We're always together after classes, composing the song, how come you miss me?" You hissed at her but she just clung on to your arms in return. You rolled your eyes in irritation at what was happening around you.

Then you saw Naeun in the canteen too and she was shocked when she saw you with Jisoo. "What's the meaning of this?!" she exclaimed.

And there you stood inside the practice room, in front of Naeun who was crossing her little arms, and beside Jisoo who was biting her lips because of Naeun being angry at her.

"I'm sorry Naeun for hurting your friends." Jisoo started since nobody was talking. "I'm making up for what I've done." She was bowing her head down then you told her to look up straight.

Naeun wasn't looking at Jisoo, instead, she was looking at you and saying, "Do you really believe this girl? Didn't you know she's mean?"

You knew that you couldn't convince Naeun easily for accepting Jisoo, and you understood that. Then you told Naeun to make her feel at ease, "Oh don't worry, it's very normal for Jisoo to be mean." You nodded and agreed with Naeun which made Jisoo pinch you on your side.

You laughed then Naeun pulled you on her side and said, "Don't take Jieun away from me!" she pouted and glared at Jisoo.

Jisoo then teasingly clung onto your other arm and told Jisoo, "Oh, I'm sorry but I just did." And they sent daggers with their glares at each other. You just sighed and rolled your eyes. "Excuse me, I'll just fix the things, so two continue what you're doing." You said while starting to slip off of their grips.

You were arranging the stereos and the dust on the floor when you glanced at the two, still bickering with each other. You smiled at them because you knew that they would be friends in no time. Then Jongin arrived in the practice room which made Naeun hide behind Jisoo which surprised all of you.

Jisoo was shocked for a second to why Naeun did that but immediately understood what that meant, she smirked for she knew how to tease Naeun. Jongin then looked worried because Naeun had been acting like that since the concert and he didn't want that to continue.

So he approached Naeun like the usual and flicked her forehead, "What's your problem huh? Why did you look like you saw a ghost?!" Jongin sure was sulking but Naeun just put a tongue out to Jongin.

Then Jongin noticed Jisoo and were a little confused to why was she there without Kyungsoo around, "Oh, why is there an enemy?" Jongin turned to you while he pointed at Jisoo who just glared and pouted at what he said.

You then went towards them and scolded Jongin, "Yah Jongin, stop bullying people."

Then Jongin laughed at the three of you and you kicked his shin and asked him what was funny, he then said while touching his shin you just kicked, "What are you? Powerpuff girls?!" and he laughed so hard while the three of you just hissed at him.

Jongdae, Sehun, and Kyungsoo soon arrived and exclaimed, "Yah, we're looking for you girls. You just disappeared like that!" but you three just didn't mind them and continued to chat with each other.

Luhan and Baekhyun soon arrived and they all arranged their things and set the practice room accordingly. All of you were busy with your own works as you swayed with Kyungsoo's singing.

You were singing with Kyungsoo even if Jisoo told you that you're not blending with him, "Yah, let Jongdae sing with Kyungsoo, okay? You're ruining the song." She said and you just hissed at her and cursed her for being mean. Naeun then still couldn't believe that she was joining the team without her even knowing it beforehand.

Then a voice suddenly sang with Jongdae and Kyungsoo and all of you went silent hearing it. Everybody looked around to see who blended with Jongdae and Kyungsoo perfectly, then you looked at Baekhyun who just seemed embarrassed for what he did, he wasn't sure if you all liked how he sang with the two.

Then Jongdae giddily pulled Baekhyun towards them and they all started harmonizing with each other. You closed your eyes and felt the song. The three perfectly blended with each other and they easily knew who would sing the high, low, and the melody parts. You all then demanded for them to have a performance in the concert.

Then Jongdae turned to you, "Hey Jieun, Senior Junmyeon said to have a performance with the girls and Kyungsoo." And the said party all looked at Jongdae, and Jongdae explained further, "Uhm, me and Baekhyun are working in a song as what we discussed in the meeting. Then the coordinator demanded to have a performance with both the girls and the boy, so Junmyeon told me to inform you that it would be you girls and Kyungsoo. You and Kyungsoo will be arranging the song."

Then you pouted at Jongdae, "What? I'm already arranging a song." But you couldn't refuse since it was for the concert, the girls just said that they would help you in arranging to lessen the stress you were feeling.

That night, you broke down, not knowing how to manage your time in composing, arranging, and choreographing everything. You were drained because you still have to write the lyrics of the song that you'd be doing with Kyungsoo and the girls. You still didn't have any idea how to relate it to the concept of the concert which was summer.

Then your phone buzzed and got a message from Kyungsoo which instantly made you smile in spite of your stress. "How's the lyrics going? Do you want me to come over so we could write it?" was Kyungsoo's message for you. You couldn't help but smile.