Gravity

Unfair! |Do Kyungsoo x Reader x Byun Baekhyun FanFic|

It was a week later after the auditions that you found yourself always staring at nowhere and just overthink everything altogether at once. And that frustrated you. Kyungsoo noticed that so he tried his best to cheer you up.

"What's the problem, Jieun?" he said as he placed his palm on the top of your head, pouting at you and wanting you to tell him what you were thinking.

You were taken aback at what he did, having your heart beat faster just like before. After all, I still have feelings for Kyungsoo, maybe? You glared at him as if you're not blushing all over, "You're still aware that I like you, right? So don't do things like that!" you swatted his hand away and turned your head so he wouldn't see your blushing face.

Kyungsoo then chuckled and found you adorable. He just pinched both of your cheeks to ease the awkwardness between you two. But that didn't help with how fast your heart was beating so you pinched his arm and that made him wince.

"Are we interrupting something?" Suddenly, you heard Hyeran's voice and you turned to her, also seeing Baekhyun following the latter one. "They're not here yet?" Baekhyun asked as he put his bag on the bench inside the practice room.

Kyungsoo answered Baekhyun since he knew that you still couldn't talk properly to Baekhyun. You couldn't help but felt a sting on your chest every time you see Baekhyun.

But then Hyeran sat beside you and was smiling at you. You looked at her and felt embarrassed, "Don't stare, Hyeran." You said sheepishly and she grinned, "Sorry," and latched her arms on yours. And that you found sweet.

"This is my first time in dancing to an original song~" She shared to you and you could see that she was excited. "I'm really envy of you, Senior Jieun because you could compose an original song and even choreograph it." Her eyes were shining.

"Well, I get help from many people..." you told her, "Like my twin brother, Kim Jongin, he's in the Dance Troupe, he's the main choreographer in our dances. I'm just a composer." You were honest to her so she wouldn't expect much from you.

"What are you saying, Jieun? You're doing much more than everyone here." Kyungsoo said, opposing what you were telling Hyeran and you saw Hyeran being in high spirits around you.

You immediately corrected him. "Don't believe him, Hyeran." Then you looked at Baekhyun who was just fumbling on his phone, "In truth, B-Baekhyun has composed a lot of songs than I did." You opened a topic and mentioned the latter one to ease the tension between you two.

Both Hyeran and Baekhyun were surprised as you could see at both of their reactions. You were then confused because it was the total truth. Hyeran then turned to Baekhyun and pouted, "Yah, you told me that you didn't compose songs last sem."

You looked at Baekhyun to know what he was thinking of. Kyungsoo then interrupted, "Well, Baekhyun wouldn't be the PAO's First Leader if he doesn't compose and choreograph, right?"

What Kyungsoo said make sense, so Hyeran asked if she could listen to one of Baekhyun's songs even though Baekhyun seemed like he didn't want to let Hyeran hear those. You wondered what the problem was.

Kyungsoo then opened his laptop and played the first song Baekhyun composed. "This is Take You Home, the first performance of Byun Baekhyun, I think this was on our first concert, right?" Kyungsoo asked you and you nodded. You then looked at Hyeran and she was listening and watching carefully.

You then felt awkward because you could remember that Baekhyun dedicated the song for you. You subtly looked at Baekhyun and you could see that he was not amused at all. Well, I understand him because it's really uncomfortable right now. You turned your head and acted as if it was nothing to you.

Hyeran wailed after hearing the chorus part, "Yah! That really hurts! It's one-sided love, right?!" you were nervous at what Hyeran was saying, It's so awkward when Hyeran doesn't know anything. Kyungsoo subtly looked at you and teased you as he answered Hyeran, "Yah, it sure is one-sided."

You cursed Kyungsoo under your breath and swore that you wouldn't let this one go. You were about to pinch Kyungsoo on his side but Hyeran turned to Baekhyun and asked, "Yah, Baekhyun, don't tell me you're in one-sided love at that time?!" but Baekhyun never responded.

Kyungsoo then played all of the songs they've performed while waiting for the others. Almost everybody was inside the practice room yet you were still watching the performances and that also became a presentation to all the members to know what they would do for the rest of the semester.

Everybody was amazed with the performances they were watching and that eased your heart a bit since you were also immersed in watching those. A lot of things happened.

It was on the Summer Concert's Performances where everyone was hyped up since they could watch the girls having a prod. You were so embarrassed because of how you looked that time. you could see you were nervous.

Then the song 'I Like You' played and there you reminded of how everything started. "Originally, this was supposed to be Baekhyun and Jongin's performance, but they got nervous so we kind of just jumped right in the prod as well." Junmyeon explained to everyone and you gulped because everyone saw Baekhyun handing you three yellow roses and everything that has happened in that song.

Dongmin and Hyeran looked at you as if they wanted to ask you something, but you just tried to focus on the performance as if there was no issue. Hyeran didn't say anything but stared at you for long seconds but Dongmin asked you.

"So you and Senior Baekhyun are actually close?" Dongmin's face read confusion and you couldn't answer him truthfully. So you just told him, "Ah, it's just part of the performance."

Dongmin didn't get it, "But you're the only one who got three yellow roses from him." He talked to himself and you didn't bother to answer him. You didn't want others to know what was going on since it's your private life.

Dongmin didn't say anything since then but you could see that he was observing the performances. Maybe he wants to learn something. You set everything aside and thought of reasonable things.

The videos had ended and everybody clapped and was amazed for a great show. They were nervous and excited at the same time, wanting to do a great performance like that but didn't know how to do it.

So all of the leaders went on the front and explained what was supposed to be done for the day. Jongin, Sehun, and Lay were tasked to teach the new Dance Troupe members the choreography in Growl and Ko Ko Bop.

Jongdae, Junmyeon, Jisoo, and Kyungsoo, on the other hand, taught the songs to the new Acapella Club members. While you, Luhan, Kris, Baekhyun, and Tao went to the studio in order to compose the melody of each of the songs you were creating.

You were just staring at space because you didn't know what you wanted to do. Kris told you to just try everything and the rest would go with the flow but you don't work like that.

You looked around and could see that Tao and Kris working together and enjoying each other's company. "I won't be surprised if they'd be dating." Suddenly, Luhan said while looking at Tao and Kris, too. You then smiled and nodded at him, "Well, that could really happen."

You then continued to focus and try to compose until Luhan poked you, "It's actually rare to see that you and Baekhyun are not okay, yet."

That triggered you because you didn't know why your situation was like this as well, so you just sighed, "I guess this is how things would end." you tried to smile but Luhan just observed you as you try to avoid his questions. "So you're just really waiting for this to end, huh." Luhan said and you were taken aback.

In all honesty, you didn't know if everything would end for you and Baekhyun, but you just couldn't arrange yourself in front of Baekhyun and Baekhyun really changed. "He's so unapproachable." You pouted and whispered at Luhan.

Luhan agreed with you, "He's worse when you and Kyungsoo had a conflict before." You nodded and Luhan continued, "You two were cat and dog then, bicker, bicker, bicker; while you and Baekhyun are intersecting lines."

And you thinned your eyes at Luhan to ask what he meant. He explained, "Well like, you met in the middle before, you're inseparable for a moment, but now you both taken your own ways, not meeting each other again and going far from each other."

How much it saddened you, you tried to look cheerful towards Luhan as you pinched your nose and said, "That's really deep." But Luhan hit your head and cursed you. "You could be you to me."

And there your heart melted because no matter what happens, Luhan would always try to understand you and accept you for who you were, even with a lot of flaws.

You smiled at what Luhan said and complained how sweet he was. Then you noticed Baekhyun staring at the two of you and when your eyes met, he immediately turned his gaze away and started to bow his head as if writing some lyrics.

And you remembered Hyeran so you whispered to Luhan, "You saw the videos earlier, right?" you asked him and Luhan nodded, so you continued and made your voice softer so Baekhyun wouldn't hear what you're saying, "And you saw Hyeran's reaction when she discovered that Baekhyun actually composes songs for the organization, right?"

And Luhan's eyes got bigger and told you, "Yeah, I wonder why Baekhyun didn't tell her anything. They're together all the time, right?" you agreed with Luhan with not knowing what Baekhyun's reason was for not telling Hyeran that he composed the songs last semester.

Soon after, you and Luhan went on concentrating once again, but you couldn't do it at all because your mind was preoccupied with what was Baekhyun's reason. You pouted at your thought, Does it mean that he really does not want to get involved with me anymore?

You sighed at the train of your thoughts because you didn't know how to go back to how it was back then. You looked at Baekhyun who was already writing something and there you kind of figured out what to do, I shall, at least, try to mend things. So you gathered up your courage and thought of some ways where you could talk to Baekhyun.

The practice had ended and you immediately looked for Baekhyun who was already at the door. You were about to call for him but then Hyeran's smiling face to Baekhyun greeted you. And that was enough for you to back away. Not today.

When Hyeran saw you, her smile faltered and gave you an awkward one. That built up the tension between the three of you. You just waved goodbye to them and went on your way to the gates. You didn't wait for the others since they had their own rendezvous.

Back then, we were always walking together. You reminisced all the things that had happened in the last semester. But then, I guess their worlds are getting bigger...it's just me who's holding on to the past.

And to your surprise, you felt a hand on your shoulder. You turned to the owner of that hand and it was Dongmin's. you could see that Dongmin was catching his breath and he told you, "I'm calling out for you since you're on the gates. You walk so fast!"

And you suddenly felt guilty, "Oh, I'm sorry, I'm lost in my thoughts." You apologetically smiled at him and he nodded and gave you a reassuring smile.

You two then went on your way to the bookstore since Dongmin had to buy an architecture book and learn the basics. You've realized that you two had a lot in common in spite of the differences on your auras.

Dongmin looked so comfortable to be with and he sure was outgoing while you're the opposite. But then you both liked the same movies and television series that summed up your whole conversation with him.

But not until Dongmin asked you, "I'm really curious about something, are you and Senior Baekhyun ex-lovers?"

That question had taken you aback and made you laugh though nervous as well. You answered him, "No, we're not!"

Dongmin then explained, "But he likes you, right?"

You sheepishly smiled at him and asked, "Who told you that, he's probably just teasing me." and you thought it was Kyungsoo.

But Dongmin shook his head, "I just noticed it."

Then you looked at Dongmin because it was not possible to see by your relationship with Baekhyun today, "Hyeran and Baekhyun are always together, while me and Baekhyun don't really talk to each other, how'd you notice it?"

"I saw it in the videos we watched earlier." Dongmin answered casually and that made you nervous. "Like in his Solo Performance, Take You Home, I could especially tell that he was looking at you in the audiences."

And he stated everything he saw, "The three yellow roses he gave you, that's what made my intuition clear. He likes you." And he continued as if he was explaining something to a jury, "And like in each and every song in your Summer Concert, he always looked backstage and I could see your silhouette on the side, then he'll smile and his eyes will shine on stage when he sees you."

Dongmin was about to point out another but you stopped him. You didn't want to know those things because it was the time when you didn't look at Baekhyun because you loved Kyungsoo. "Okay, okay, I give up!"

And you prepared yourself to tell Dongmin what you and Baekhyun had. "In the last semester, me and Baekhyun were almost inseparable. The only thing that separated us was because we're in different courses. Kyungsoo is my best friend and we had a conflict back then that's why Baekhyun took care of me and stayed with me like every single day."

Then you pouted as you explained the gist of why Baekhyun was mad at you, "But on the Winter Festival, he's supposed to perform 2 prods, but he couldn't and that was my fault. There we separated ways and didn't talk again."

Dongmin was listening carefully and you knew by then that he would know the real reason why Baekhyun couldn't perform that night. "Ah, you rejected him."

And you were right. You realized that Dongmin was an observant person. He trusted his instincts. Then you explained to him, "Well, not particularly 'rejected' because I never answered at all."

There Dongmin got confused so you explained further, "Well, I did a cruel thing to him. I knew that Baekhyun likes me since the first concert but I was in love with another guy so I purposely stopped him from liking me or confessing. But then he blurted it out on that Winter Concert so I admitted what I was doing and there he got mad at me."

"But you like him, too, right?" Dongmin said and you shook your head. "If not, then why are you two awkward?"

"Well, it's because I hurt him." You explained to him and added, "And now, Hyeran's there."

"I don't think she's there." Dongmin looked up as if thinking something. "Hyeran is just literally there, but you're still there inside Senior Baekhyun, I think."

And you found it ridiculous, "It's funny that you think that."

Then Dongmin explained, "If Senior Baekhyun has moved on and is together with Hyeran, I don't think that Hyeran will always be behind Baekhyun, just tailing him like a dog. And I don't think that Senior Baekhyun will look up ahead when you're in front of him, and bow his head down when you're not around."

What Dongmin was telling you was confusing you for sure. How much you liked that thought, but getting your hopes up to go back to the ways things were just because an observer, that you only met in two weeks, told you some hopeful things would be ridiculous to believe in.

"And if Senior Baekhyun has moved on, he wouldn't be mad or awkward towards you. That means he is either mad, or is still hurting, thinking that you rejected him because you purposely avoided his confession." Dongmin gave you an advice and you wanted to take it.

"I-I don't really know what to do." You immediately gave in.

He pouted at you and told you casually, "Tell him you like him – that's the easiest way."

"But I don't like him." You said in worry.

"Huh?" Dongmin was sure confused at your response and reactions.

You explained, "I don't want us to be in a relationship because I don't like Baekhyun that way. I just want to bring our friendship back."

Then Dongmin laughed at you as if what you're hoping for was ridiculous, "Then you're being selfish, Senior Jieun." And there you were surprised. You knew yourself that you're selfish for having those hopes but you never thought that a younger guy would directly tell you that. "If I'm in Senior Baekhyun's position, I'll do just the same. Because I would want to forget you instead of being with you and just be friends."

And everything came back as if you were talking to Baekhyun that time. you couldn't speak anymore and talk back against Dongmin because Dongmin was right. And you could recall Baekhyun's words the last time you actually talked. I don't plan to be only friends with you forever, Jieun. Please, think of me too.