Obsession

Unfair! |Do Kyungsoo x Reader x Byun Baekhyun FanFic|

You all were frantically looking for Jisoo who was missing. It was already 7 o'clock in the evening, even Naeun, who wasn't really familiar with her face, helped in looking for Jisoo. You were together with Naeun while Kyungsoo and Jongin parted ways too.

 

You were shouting her name and even asked the people around if they saw a girl around who was not familiar to the place, but they didn't see one.

 

You then looked around once more if you could see her in your peripheral view. Then your eyes got bigger as you saw her familiar figure going inside an alley. You called Kyungsoo and Jongin and told them to go to that corner.

 

You and Naeun were running towards that alley and saw Jisoo shivering in fear. She must have been so scared. You slowly approached her and you were worried that you might scare her more. You wondered what happened.

 

Then Kyungsoo suddenly ran pass through you and comforted the fragile one. Jisoo was running out of breath and was crying so much in fear. But you gradually saw that she was becoming better as time passed by. Jongin also handed her a bottle of water.

 

You then crouched down and attempted to touch her when she flinched. Kyungsoo then frantically stopped and looked at you, "Jieun, no! G-go for now. Please."

 

And you were shocked as he just said it just like that. You all were shocked, you gulped and stepped backward as soon as you got up. You didn't know what happened but why was Kyungsoo mad at you. "I-I'm sorry."

 

And you ran away from them, "Jieun!" Naeun called for you as she ran after you. Kyungsoo was about to run after you when Jisoo held him closer. Jongin saw this and he patted Kyungsoo's back and said, "I'll go. You should probably stay with her."

 

You were so confused at what happened. That was the first time Kyungsoo looked at you with those blaming eyes, as if you did something bad to Jisoo. Your eyes were welling with tears but you wiped it away before Naeun caught up to you. "L-Let's go to the convenient store." Naeun invited as she saw how shocked you were at what happened. Jongin saw you and Naeun went inside the convenient store and he also went inside to wait for you to calm down.

 

"Why Naeun?" Your eyes started gleaming with tears again as you tugged on the hem of her shirt and said every question that was inside your mind. "Why does it look like it's my fault?"

 

"I-I was the one who saw her in that alley and approached her. Why does it feel like..." you sighed in despair, your heart was so heavy because you couldn't forget the look in Kyungsoo's eyes when he told you to go away.

 

Your brother came up to you seeing that Kyungsoo and Jisoo were together, Kyungsoo carrying Jisoo on his arms. Jongin didn't want you to see that so he turned your head on the other direction and to lean on to him. But you sure saw it, which made your heart break more. "He really likes Jisoo now." You whined as you admitted that to yourself and that you were so frustrated because Kyungsoo always held Jisoo tenderly which he never did to you once.

 

Your eyes were puffed the morning you woke up. And everybody saw that. Naeun kissed both of your eyes when she saw you woke up. You smiled at her and told her that you felt better.

 

Naeun didn't really want to leave you but she had class in the afternoon, and you also had practice with others so you both had to say goodbye to each other. You and Jongin were walking together when Chanyeol came up to you two and he was shocked when he saw your eyes.

 

Chanyeol then walked up to you, "What happened Jieun?" he showed sympathy even though he didn't really know what happened, and he didn't have any idea of what was going on yet.

 

You just smiled at Chanyeol and he pouted, "Don't smile when you're not really okay." He pinched your cheek as he walked with you side by side.

 

Chanyeol tugged Jongin's sleeve to ask what happened but Jongin refused to tell it to Chanyeol. He just gestured not to mention Kyungsoo's name.

 

But then you three bumped onto Kyungsoo and Jisoo on your way to school. They lived on that same direction so it was not really an impossible coincidence to happen. Kyungsoo looked at you with guilt as he saw you had your head down and gripped the handle of your bag tighter.

 

They went on together and there Chanyeol got the idea. You all then went inside the practice room just to see Jisoo inside again. You just shifted your gaze as you were tired of getting Kyungsoo's attention. I guess it's impossible for me now. You thought to yourself.

 

Baekhyun and Luhan then arrived with that smile on their faces but when they saw you, Baekhyun instantly went up to you and lifted your face up to him, asking what happened. Luhan then put his bag on the corner first and was looking at Jisoo who greeted him and smiling sweetly, as if nothing had happened. Luhan then greeted back for courtesy.

 

He then went up to you and held your hand which you played with immediately. Your cute baby was there now and you were gradually feeling alright, seeing the concern others showed you. But still, inside your heart, you wanted that one person to approach you.

 

But that never happened until you had choreographed the second chorus part. Everybody was resting when Luhan went up and practiced his entry for the concert. You were watching him while Baekhyun was massaging your hands when you felt like dancing too.

 

Luhan saw your eyes and then he gestured to you to dance together with him. You then smiled and excitedly got up and danced with Luhan the choreography of a song you two created.

 

Everybody was in awe seeing you in sync with the music and Luhan. Minseok and Yixing were there, nodding with the praises you and Luhan got from the members of the club. Kyungsoo's and Baekhyun's eyes were glued at your movements. They never thought that you could dance like that.

 

With every sound of the beat had your body moved to it. From your head, down to the ends of your fingertips and feet were words that the song interpreted with your body. And they couldn't move their attention to others.

 

Everybody was astounded by your performance, Baekhyun and Jongdae approached you and mimicked some of the gestures you and Luhan danced to. Luhan laughed at the two so hard that he bumped into Sehun. He immediately apologized then Sehun asked, "Please let me be your apprentice!" with his body bowed down to 90 degrees to ask to dance like him. You then smiled at Sehun and told Luhan, "You should give him a chance. He really admires you." You whispered to Luhan as Luhan sighed and accepted Sehun's offer.

 

"Yah yah, then let me be your apprentice too~" Jongdae sweetly cooed at you as he showed you how he danced to the song you would be performing.

 

You then put a tongue out of him and told him, "You probably should just have Jongin to teach you, he's waaaay better than me."

 

Then Chanyeol immediately went to Jongin and asked him to teach him, Jongdae pushed Chanyeol aside as he jokingly told him that you referred to him as Jongin's apprentice. You smiled at them and they were relieved when they saw you smile.

 

Three days had passed and you suddenly panicked because you would be performing in just a week. You were looking at the schedule you set and were frustrated because you weren't on schedule.

 

"Junmyeon," you called your senior and bowed at him, "I forgot something to include in the schedule. We might not make it on time." You were stressed out to think of other ways. You were tapping your foot while biting your lips as Junmyeon checked the schedule you created for the preparation.

 

You could see that he was analyzing and thinking of a way to overcome the problem. "I-I'm not yet familiar how to edit that's why I seek for you. I'm really sorry."

 

"Is the routine finished?" Junmyeon asked and you shook your head. Junmyeon then found it odd, "Where's Kyungsoo? Isn't he the one in charge for this?"

 

You knew that Junmyeon would look for Kyungsoo but you stopped him because Kyungsoo was with Jisoo for sure. "Kyungsoo's busy of something... do you know others who could help me?"

 

"Baekhyun could help you." Junmyeon immediately called for Baekhyun and Baekhyun skipped to the studio and asked what the matter was. "You, help Jieun with this."

 

"But Baekhyun has his solo for the concert!" you told Junmyeon that both Baekhyun and Luhan were busy for their solo for the concert. "I-I can do this! I'll stay here later to edit out."

 

Baekhyun then hissed at you. "I'm almost done with my solo." He said and you and Junmyeon went at ease. "It's not like I would dance to it unlike Luhan." And you understood that Luhan was busier than Baekhyun. Junmyeon then patted Baekhyun's head and gave thanks to him. Baekhyun happily helped you in arranging.

 

You finally recorded everybody's voices and you and Baekhyun took charge of editing it out. You looked at Baekhyun who was humming to the song and you smiled. He really helped you this time. You were still staring when he slowly moved his hand in front of his face. "Argh, why are you staring?"

 

You then saw that his face turned red and you immediately apologized. You stood up and then offered a drink to him and he gladly accepted.

 

So you went to the nearest vending machine and bought two iced coffees you always loved. Then you halted, Does Baekhyun like this? You hadn't thought of it since you were used to buy two iced coffees at once since you and Kyungsoo both liked the same flavour.

 

"Is that for me?" Kyungsoo then approached you with a smile and was about to get the coffee. You looked around and Jisoo wasn't around. So it's alright to act normal around him. So you pouted at him and said, "Nooo, it's for Baekhyun!"

 

Then his mood suddenly went down, "Why?"

 

"He's really helping me a lot lately." You tried to smile in front of Kyungsoo so that he couldn't see that you were not looking at his eyes.

 

You were still stressed out and every time you saw Kyungsoo, all you could remember was his blaming eyes boring into you. So you immediately bid goodbye to him but he suddenly held your hand.

 

"Let's runaway for now." Kyungsoo dragged you upstairs while he smiled at you. You were confused at what Kyungsoo was doing now. Just earlier, his eyes were full of hatred, but now, it all came back. The Kyungsoo you loved came back.

 

And you tightened your grip on his hand, wishing that it would last for forever.

 

Your heart was beating fast as you sat on the ground of the rooftop where Kyungsoo dragged you. He carefully closed the door and checked if somebody else was there, gladly, no one else was there.

 

Kyungsoo sat beside you and rested for a while. You, too, did the same and let the wind blew on both of you. It was so soothing, indeed. I wish this is true. You thought as you stared at the clouds.

 

"Ah, so peaceful!" Kyungsoo beamed at you. You looked at him and saw the ease in his face as the wind blew on him. You let the moment sinked you in and stared as his face. I miss you.

 

Then he suddenly looked at you which made your heart beat faster again. You didn't know but you didn't turn away and just stayed on the same position you were. He then smiled and patted your head.

 

Your eyes were b with tears because finally, you saw his heart-shaped smile for you again, and not those eyes with hatred and annoyance. "Trust me Jisoo." He told you as he slowly held your hand. "Trust me."

 

And his smiled was so reassuring that you told him, "I will always." You smiled at him too and you thought of hugging him, though you didn't because it would be awkward and you were conscious of him knowing that you liked him.

 

"And I'm really sorry for yesterday." Kyungsoo's grip tightened and it all came back to you, how his eyes were so different last night. "I'm sure I scared you last night and I..." he sighed, "I just- I know it's my fault that you cried."

 

He pouted as he said sorry to you and he touched your eyes. Your heart was beating non-stop and you knew that you were turning red at everything he was doing now.

 

"You're killing me Kyungsoo." You mumbled but he didn't hear it. Then Kyungsoo crouched down in front of you and gave you the coffee you were holding earlier.

 

"I think you should go. I know that Baekhyun's waiting for you." He ruffled your hair and bid goodbye. You also did the same but you didn't really want to leave.

 

You were about to open the door of the rooftop when Kyungsoo called you again, waving his hand, "Trust me Jieun! Trust me!" and you willingly said, "I do!" and you went down the studio happily.

 

You greeted Baekhyun once you settled in the studio and you handed him the coffee you bought. He gladly took it and was little surprise at the sudden change of your mood. He saw that you were happy and were at ease.

 

Something good happened. He smiled and wished that you would always smile that way, and not the other way around.

 

He put his hand on your head. You looked at him and were confused at what he was doing. You then took note of his sincere smile and kind eyes looking at you. But you were snapped back to reality when Baekhyun said, "Your hair stinks." And you immediately punched him on his side as he was still holding your head.

 

"Yah! Does it really?" you held your hair and smelled it and Baekhyun laughed really hard as he ruffled your hair until you looked like a witch. You cursed him but your laughs could be heard in the hallway.

 

On the other side of the hallway was Jisoo who was eavesdropping on what you and Baekhyun were talking about. She gritted her teeth as she saw you smiling again. Shall I take Baekhyun away this time? But first... She then took her phone out and took a picture of you and Baekhyun.

 

"Jisoo?" Kyungsoo then called, seeing her glancing on the door of the studio. Jisoo freezed on the spot as Kyungsoo walked towards her and he could hear your laugh. A smile spread on his face and he was about to step in the studio when Jisoo held his arm, telling him not to go. And then Kyungsoo heard you call Baekhyun's name lovingly.

 

"What's the matter?" Kyungsoo whispered to Jisoo. Jisoo then looked up to Kyungsoo and dragged him to the rooftop where you and Kyungsoo went to earlier. Kyungsoo was worried because Jisoo's shoulders were so little and the little lady's lips were pale.

 

"I-I was walking on the hallway and I heard Jieun and Baekhyun talking..." and Jisoo purposely stopped midway to trigger Kyungsoo's wariness. "I-I probably shouldn't be telling you this. I'm sorry." And she was about to leave when Kyungsoo held her hand, stopping her.

 

"Spill it out Jisoo." Kyungsoo's voice was loud, and Jisoo heard it, she smirked.

 

"I-I overheard them saying that why aren't you helping them in preparing for the concert." Jisoo had her head down when she said that. Then she looked at Kyungsoo's reaction and she was enjoying it.

 

She saw Kyungsoo's shocked face, "What are you saying?" Kyungsoo was trying his best to be unbothered because there was no way you could tell that since you assured him earlier that you trusted him.

 

"I heard Baekhyun said that you aren't really a help at all. You just helped with the instruments because Chanyeol is really the one who can play many instruments. And now he is the one helping Jieun in arranging it." Jisoo's lies continued, "And J-Jieun said that Baekhyun is right. S-she thought that you would be helping her but she is so much thankful that Baekhyun is there, instead of you. A-and that is the initial reason why she didn't let you help with the lyrics the first time." Jisoo bit her lips as she finished the sentence.

 

Kyungsoo couldn't believe what Jisoo was saying. But it was true that you didn't really like to work with Kyungsoo in the lyrics initially that was why Kyungsoo was thinking. But Kyungsoo still had his trust on you; you were still his best friend.

 

Even though you really scared Jisoo, he knew that even though you didn't like Jisoo, you wouldn't be able to hurt her physically. But what made sense was that you could hurt people emotionally because you were a cold person, and he saw that you did it to Jisoo, that's why he was looking out for the fragile girl.

 

"And Jieun likes Baekhyun." Jisoo said and she gave Kyungsoo her phone and showed him the pictures she took earlier. You and Baekhyun were really close and he was holding your head and looking at you lovingly. Kyungsoo could see Baekhyun's feelings on that picture but what made him mad was he also could see you looking at Baekhyun, it seemed like you were embarrassed as your cheeks and ears were red and that meant, to Kyungsoo, you liked Baekhyun.

 

I thought I am the first one to know. Kyungsoo thought. He was feeling down because you had the opportunity earlier to admit to him the truth that you liked Baekhyun but you didn't say anything. Kyungsoo didn't really want any of these thoughts to be running in his mind all the time you were practicing but he thought that you were unfair. He thought that he was your best friend. But you never really did tell me anything.

 

Kyungsoo was sulking the whole practice. You noticed it and you tried to talk to him but he was not looking at you. And you thought that it was not a good time to approach him.

 

You wondered what happened to Kyungsoo. You were teaching him the steps but you knew that he couldn't focus well. We were alright earlier. You thought as you questioned if what happened earlier on the rooftop was real or only a dream.

 

"Kyungsoo, are you alright? Do you want to rest for a bit?" You asked but Kyungsoo just brushed you off. You were getting impatient because it wasn't really a time for him to be that way, there was only a little time left and Jongin was not there to help you teach because he was taking an exam.

 

"Okay let's start again!" You lead the group and taught them the final steps for the dance. You were frantic because you still had to polish the steps and arrange them according to their lines in the song.

 

But Kyungsoo was ruining it all. It's not that he was doing it on purpose but he was not really focused. You thought that maybe because Jisoo was not around. When the rest of the members were resting, you asked Kyungsoo if you two could talk in private. He followed you outside the practice room.

 

"What's the problem Kyungsoo?" You directly asked him since treating him with care as if he's not doing something distracting wouldn't help.

 

But that worsened his mood, "I already said that nothing is wrong." And he was about to go back to the practice room but you stopped him.

 

"I know that there's something wrong. Just spill it!" you really couldn't buy it, him sulking like a child and not focusing. "We're just a week away, Kyungsoo. And it is hard for me to teach all of you since I am the only one teaching you and Jongin's not here to help me." You explained to him.

 

"So?" Kyungsoo deadpanned you which really shut you out. "I'm not doing anything wrong." He defended himself.

 

"I'm not saying you're doing anything wrong. I'm just saying you need to focus in order to he-"

 

"Wow!" He cut you. "I'm not focused?! You say I'm not focused in this state?!" He showed you his self who was covered in sweat and looking problematic, you then gulped because you made him angrier. "Well, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for still not being focused like what you wanted and expected. I'm not yet focused in my state that I couldn't even sleep because of some exams and activities to do and being obligated to help yo-"

 

"I'm not saying that you had to sacrifice yourself for this!" you cut him off this time. You didn't want him hearing that he was so stressed about the responsibilities and activities in the club wherein he was just always together with Jisoo. "If you can't focus, then you shouldn't have signed up for this! I didn't tell you to join the concert! I didn't tell you to lead the music! You all did that to yourself! And you know what, you are the reason why you experience that, whatever you are going through." You were getting out of control. You were supposed to cheer him up but you couldn't stand on being blamed by his own actions.

 

"Lead the music?" he laughed at you and you were confused to why he was mad when you mentioned that. "You really are calling me the "lead" in music? I didn't even help, right?" And that was Kyungsoo's main reason why he acted that way. He still couldn't believe that you were really stressing out that he didn't even help with the music, even if you didn't really do that.

 

"What are you even saying?" You were really confused.

 

"I didn't even help, right? That's what you think! Because what? Chanyeol's better than I am in instruments and Baekhyun's better than arranging? Then go! Go to them! I'm not really needed, right? Why am I here anyway?!"

 

Kyungsoo was in rage and you could see that. As much as you wanted to explain to him that what he was thinking of was wrong, you knew that you couldn't change his mind and persuade him. He was mad, and you were mad as well. He wouldn't understand when he was mad like that. You were too, you admit, you couldn't understand him.

 

So you just told him. "I know you won't accept my request to focus on practicing as your best friend. But I am requesting as the lead in dance and for the other members as well." And you went back inside the practice room and everybody was looking at you.

 

"Let's continue." And you started practicing again while Kyungsoo went home.