Two Pairs of Eyes Looking at Each Other, and Another Pair

Unfair! |Do Kyungsoo x Reader x Byun Baekhyun FanFic|

It was not a question that Hyeran was accepted in the Performing Arts Organization since she was able to sing and dance. And now that you were tasked to be the Second Leader of the PAO, you would be working with her, and Baekhyun who would be the First Leader of the said organization. You're just thankful that Luhan was there with you.

You just got lucky that the Acapella Club's Office was adjacent to your office that you could go to your other friends in the next room. Kris and Tao were discussing the things that you had to do in the Welcoming Event of the school and as you were expecting, your group would be holding another concert.

"So we have to prepare a lot of routines and songs, just like what we always do. But..." You looked at Kris who was explaining the schedules and the collaboration with both the Acapella and Dance Troupe, it was the first time that you saw him this serious since last year, Junmyeon and Yixing was the one in charge on your concerts. "-we have to confirm to the Acapella and Dance Troupe the number of performances to fit in the schedule, and have a one or two routines together, maybe the starting and ending song would do."

You agreed to what Kris said and you were taking everything little thing that he said. And by that, Kris dispersed the members into their designated leaders to conduct the first activity for the first meeting as PAO members. You gathered all the members you were assigned to and approached them with some enthusiasm in order for them to fit in.

Then Kris called you and Baekhyun which made you feel a little awkward. "Baekhyun, I assign you to the Acapella Club, and of course, Jieun, you're in the Dance Troupe." You nodded and understood why he assigned you to your clubs last year.

You went to your group and excused yourself, "You could start introducing yourselves, I just have to talk to the Dance Troupe." They all smiled at you sheepishly and you went to the door where Baekhyun was waiting for you.

You first felt awkward because you didn't expect that he would wait for you since the Acapella Club was just next to the room, and the Dance Troupe's office was a little further away. You slowly glanced at Baekhyun whose face was stone as he stopped on the Acapella's office door. You silently bowed your head to say goodbye when he called you, "Ah wait..."

"I'm sorry, you're the Performing Arts Second Leader, right?" Suddenly, someone interrupted you two. You turned your head and saw Dongmin who was confused and was panting.

"That will be next year. This year, the second leader is Huang Zi Tao, I bet you should know so he won't hold any grudges to you. Next time, call him the second leader, not me." you warned Dongmin and he was surprised because he made a mistake.

He bowed and apologized sincerely and you patted his back, "Well, the room's that way. You're late, don't you know that?" and you scolded him this time. Dongmin, once again, apologized and bowed endlessly as he went inside the room. You laughed at the younger one's clumsiness.

Then you remembered that Baekhyun called you so you turned to him, but Baekhyun was nowhere. You looked through the glass on the door and saw that Baekhyun was already inside. He might had went inside while you were talking with Dongmin. But you thought that he had something to tell you since he called you, right? Then you pouted, "Well, that was rude."

"What was rude?" Suddenly, Dongmin interrupted your thoughts again. You looked at him and saw him holding the membership registration.

You told him that it was nothing and asked, "Where are you going? Didn't you just arrive?"

"Oh, Senior Kris asked me to photocopy the membership registration." He answered you with a smile. You nodded at the reason and then excused yourself to go to the Dance Troupe's office room.

You first checked if the Dance Troupe's leaders were discussing something important before going into the room. They all greeted you and they were all energetic as ever. You smiled at them and missed the light atmosphere around.

Yixing and Minseok introduced you first to their members and you smiled at them too as they welcomed you. You chatted with them for a while before discussing the matters.

"Oh that. Okay, we'll be working on that immediately and give it to you." Yixing nodded and smiled at you, although you got awkward when that smile went on for a little too long.

So you excused yourself after discussing and another little chat with Sehun telling you to take care of Luhan and to make sure he wouldn't fall for someone else. You just rolled your eyes in response as you said, "We're still classmates, you know. This is not our only life here in school." And Sehun couldn't argue more so he pouted.

Then you were about to open the door when Yixing called for you. You looked at him and he said, "Don't stress yourself too much, okay? You're getting thinner." And he laughed as Minseok also had the same remark.

"Well, I'm on diet~" you told them and excused yourself as you gave them smile. But as you opened the door of their room, you saw Dongmin again, still holding that one piece of paper to be photocopied.

"What? You're still here?!" you beamed after you closed the door of the Dance Troupe's office. And you could see that Dongmin was surprised to meet you in the hallway.

"A-ah! I went to the men's toilet. That's why I took my time." he smiled sheepishly as you although you saw that he was a little nervous and was sweating all over.

You crossed your arms and looked at him directly in the eyes, saying, "You're lost, aren't you?"

And there he halted and his expression changed, indicating that you were right. "I-I'm not really good with directions! And I don't know where to photocopy this!"

You sighed but laughed at his clumsiness, so you offered, "Let me take you there." And you two went to the canteen where a photocopy stall was. You looked at Dongmin who was blushing all over, maybe he was embarrassed and sweating the whole time. "Well, it's understandable that you might get lost in the campus, since you're just a first year, and this school is huge."

He agreed with you and complained to how hot the climate was on that day, and that added to the confusion and frustration he was feeling the whole time he was looking for a photocopy stall inside the campus. You then laughed at his innocent comments and complaints about why there were no signages inside a big campus like yours.

"What is your major, Dongmin?" you asked him and he answered, "I'm in Architecture Department." Then you beamed at him, "Oh! My best friend is also in that department! You might see her every now and then."

Then Dongmin looked like he was thinking, "But I think I didn't see her in the auditions." Then you answered him that she wasn't really there because she was with your brother. Then Dongmin once again asked, "A-are you all friends with both the Acapella, Dance Troupe, and PAO members?"

"Well, I can't say I'm friends with all of them, but I have worked with them last year." Then you clarified to him, "I'm good friends with some of them, as you saw in the auditions."

"Oh, you mean the officers and leaders." Dongmin beamed at you and you sheepishly nodded your head and he then bowed politely at you, "Please take care of me!"

Then you told him, "Yah, it seemed like you became so polite when you heard that I'm friends with the leaders huh?" you pointed out directly but without hinting a hostile attitude towards him.

Then he apologized, "B-because I don't know if I'm burdening you or what." Then you were asking yourself in what way did he burden you. Then he continued, "I mean, I was lost and you had to come with me to photocopy this when you should be in the room, chatting with others and doing the activities."

Then you laughed at his statement and you thought that Dongmin was a nice guy, hearing how he thought of what you were feeling, "Well, it really didn't burden me. in fact, I really want to be away from that room for a moment." You smiled and sighed at the same time, knowing that when you arrived, you'll see Baekhyun once again.

Then Dongmin looked at you like he still needed some explanation to cope with you, so you continued, "Well, I feel kind of suffocated, you know, in that room."

"Eh? You're claustrophobic?!" he asked worriedly and you laughed, saying that Dongmin was always thinking worse things.

"No! I meant it in another way. I mean, like, emotional way? If that's acceptable." And you laughed sheepishly, then Dongmin understood what you were talking about.

Silence suddenly fell between you two and you cursed yourself because you just opened a little serious conversation with him yet it was the first time you talked. You sighed at yourself, thinking that you were too lonely that you subconsciously talked about your loneliness.

Then you were caught when you felt Dongmin's big hand on your head. You looked up at him and noticed how tall he was. And you felt your heart beating fast and bursting out your chest. "It will be okay." He told you and gave you a symphathetic smile.

You appreciated his gesture so you smiled at him and thanked him for you somehow wasted time outside instead of suffocating inside the PAO's room. But that soon came to an end as you two were approaching the room.

You went ahead of him and called him, "Dongmin..." and he looked at you and you said, "You somehow remind me of him." Before going inside the room, leaving Dongmin asking who you were talking about.

"Yah, you really took your time, huh!" Kris scolded you and you sheepishly apologized and went to your group and you asked them how they were doing.

You could see that they opened up a little and you were just there, observing them. Then someone interrupted you again, "Uhmmm..." Dongmin awkwardly went to you. Then you read what was going on, "Oh, you must be in this group, too."

And you told Dongmin to introduce himself and conversate with the other members and you also bonded with them.

The activities of the PAO went to an end and you were able to at least enjoy yourself. Although you were conscious at first with Hyeran and Baekhyun being in the same group as if destiny, you were able to cope with them and be alright with your situation. You just always turned your back to them in order not to see them on your perspective. Although it was a little rude, but it was effective.

Luhan saw that and he began to bombard you with questions as you two walked to the Dance Troupe's office to see Sehun, "So you're basically jealous?" Luhan was direct and you were surprised at that.

"No! I'm not." You explained, "I told you, I was just conscious about how can he find another girl immediately after, like, confessing to me? isn't that too soon?"

Luhan then laughed at your reasoning because he thought that you were being selfish, "So you're expecting Baekhyun to hold on to you even after you rejected him? That's not how life works. Sooner or later, you must know that Baekhyun would find another girl. Well, Baekhyun just found Hyeran sooner."

You didn't like what you were hearing because for as long as you knew, Baekhyun was not yet dating Hyeran, "For the record, I didn't reject Baekhyun." You clarified to Luhan.

"So you like him?" Luhan asked and you immediately answered, "No."

"Then what's you problem, girl?!" Luhan was confused just as you were. "Why are you preventing him to like you."

"Because I don't want to lose him." You answered sternly.

"Then where is he now?" Luhan asked and you fell silent. You knew in your heart that you lost Baekhyun because of what you did. You hurt Baekhyun. "Look at this Jieun..."

And Luhan started to explain, "Kyungsoo knows what you're feeling when you liked him before, right? You just couldn't confess because Jisoo was there, ruining your confidence and all. But never once did Kyungsoo intentionally prevent you not to confess, right? It was your decision all along." You nodded at what Luhan said. "Then did you lose Kyungsoo when you confessed? Did he lose you when he let you confess to him properly through your song?"

Then everything became clearer for you, "T-then, I shouldn't have avoided Baekhyun when he was trying to confess."

Luhan nodded and emphasized, "Yeah, you shouldn't have always avoided Baekhyun whenever he confessed. That's a bad move."

Then you looked down the ground, reflecting, "So this really means that I lost Baekhyun."

"Well, he was never yours anyway." Luhan said and that hurt you. Sehun soon arrived and you were still there, not moving. You allowed Luhan and Sehun to go ahead since you're still waiting for Kyungsoo and Jisoo.

"But you know what Jieun." Luhan went to you on the last minute, "You could still be together with Baekhyun if you talk to him and confess."

Then you found it absurd, "But I don't like him."

Then Luhan sighed and ruffled your hair, "Yeah, keep telling yourself that." And they took their leave.

You were waiting for Kyungsoo and Jisoo when you saw Hyeran walking alone. You blinked your eyes for a second because that was the first time Hyeran was alone. She smiled at you and you did, too.

She soon went up to you to have a formal conversation, "Senior, why are you still here?" she asked you sweetly, and you noticed how her eyes always sparkled whenever you look at it. You were quite envious of that because that reflected who she really was.

"Oh, I'm waiting for Kyungsoo and Jisoo." You answered her and you brought the question back to her, "You're waiting for Baekhyun?" She then nodded gleefully and you admired that since you could readw what was going on. "You really like Baekhyun."

Then she immediately blushed, turning red all over and you saw that. "D-does it really show?!" and you were surprised because you found her cute, too. Baekhyun likes cute. But then you managed to smile and told her that it was obvious.

And there she was embarrassed for a moment before blurting out, "You know, I like you too, Senior." You were surprised at what she said so you asked her what she was talking about. "I mean, I idolize you because I saw one of your performances in the winter festival. And I heard from Baekhyunnie that you composed the songs that they were all singing."

You felt a tinge in your heart with the nickname Baekhyun had, but then you smiled at her, "I didn't do everything, I was just part of it."

You had a nice conversation with Hyeran and you were caught with her nice attitude since she was all praise with what you guys were doing, and of course, you were flattered by that. Soon after, you saw the familiar person that she was waiting for, so you told Hyeran, "It was nice talking to you Hyeran, good bye."

Hyeran was confused at first on why you bid goodbye then Baekhyun arrived and she waved at you as she ran towards Baekhyun, "Don't run towards him!" you told Hyeran and she laughed at your remark.

Then you saw Baekhyun, having that sour face you only saw right then. And that made you thought of why he was mad. And you couldn't figure out the reason why except that you were talking to Hyeran, Is Baekhyun really jealous? Then you remembered his attitude towards you earlier, too. Nah, he's just really mad at me.

Kyungsoo and Jisoo soon arrived and you scolded the both of them for being so late again. They both apologized and laughed at you at the same time. you just pouted at what they did because you didn't really have the feeling to smile and laugh with them.

Kyungsoo saw that your spirits were low so he asked you what the matter was. "N-nothing, I guess, it's just a bad day." You weakly said and both Kyungsoo and Jisoo didn't like what you were doing to yourself.

"Come on, spill it, Jieun." Kyungsoo told you and Jisoo continued, "There's no point in just keeping it to yourself. You'll just overthink everything and we know you, your decisions aren't that good." Jisoo was being direct and true. You hated that, but loved that also, because she was always punching the truth out of you. Just like Luhan.

Then you remembered what Luhan told you about not saying to other what you were really feeling and thinking. Jisoo went to her bus to go home while you and Kyungsoo were silent the whole time you were walking with Kyungsoo. But Kyungsoo just let you arrange your thoughts first.

And there you arrived in front of your house, gaining the confidence to at least tell your best friend what you were feeling, "H-Hyeran's a wonderful girl and she's perfect for Baekhyun." And you went inside your home, contemplating that you were accepting that you lost Baekhyun. But he's never mine in the first place.