Rough Times

Gfriend Oneshots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When gold starts to rust, and times do get tough

Then baby ooh would you love me the same

If diamonds were rough, and coal was the stuff that made us

Ooh would you love me the same

SowonxEunha

A tired sigh left the girl's lips, creating a small fog just right in front of her face. She exuded tiredness, slumped shoulders, tensed back, and furrowed brows. Her boss fired her for consecutive absences this week. Just thinking of ways on how to earn more money now that she doesn't have a job, made her much weary.

"I'm home..." she called out, her hoarse voice echoing around the walls of their worn-down apartment. 

Silence.

She awaited for a voice to reply, but nothing came. She listened for sounds, it was then when she heard a light noise of water dripping. Curious, she padded onto the bathroom just to see a drenched Eunha.

"What are you doing?" A question came out of with difficulty as she tried not to laugh. Eunha grumbled out curse words as she wiped her face and forehead that was soaked. "The pipe's broken again." The simplicity of her words, and how casual she sounded, like it usually happens, made Sowon apolegetic at their current situation. She removed her wet shirt and went to grab a dry one.

Eunha just stood there, leaning against the broken bathroom door, just watching her lover fix the broken water pipe.

After some while, Sowon finally stood up, dusting herself off. "Done." A small smile on her face. She leaned down to Eunha's height to plant a kiss on her forehead, her eyes apolegetic. The shorter of the two just closed her eyes and smiled softly.

Then the lights went out.

Surprised, Eunha clutched Sowon's hands, holding it tightly. The latter clearly remembered paying last month bills, why the sudden cut out?

"I forgot to tell you," Eunha started, staring at their entwined hands, relishing at how perfect it fitted like a puzzle piece. "The other bill's due today." Sowon just nodded solemnly at t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter