the girl of my dreams

Gfriend Oneshots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SinbxYuju

Uneasy eyes darted around the unusual surroundings. A familiar feeling washed over her, but the alien environment that bounded her in settled anxiety on her nerves. She shivered, the coldness of the place increasing at each passing second.

She walked in a straight path, not really knowing where she's headed, when she saw her. The girl.

She sees the girl more often than not, with an unfamiliar setting going along with it. 

Sinb waved at the girl, her face blurred with an invisible opaque glass covering her. Sinb shook her head, trying to get rid of the imaginary glass, but to no avail, the girl's face remained hazy in her vision. 

The girl didn't seem to notice her, or it may be because of the incoming beam of light. 

Sinb blinked a couple of times. Sweat covered her entire body, leaving her in a sticky sheen. She tried to make sense of the dream. Or was it a nightmare? 

She sighed, it's the third time this week, the third time she had seen the mysterious girl appear in her dream.

The appearances made her confused all through out the day. The image of the girl's indistinct face hounded her, leaving puzzling thoughts and conclusions to surface on her mind.

---

"Hi."

Sinb shot up from her bed, sleepiness fading away as she recalled the words said to her. The mysterious girl finally spoke up. Sinb smiled, her eyes getting heavy again.

Her voice sounded, whole. It dripped with sweetness and mellowness that stuck in your brain, leaving a stain mark that is not easily removed. 

Sinb didn't bother anyway. She repeated the voice inside her head, reciting the words like a mantra that she isn't able to stray away from. 

She didn't know that a simple "hi" could make her this restless.

And as the words kept repeating inside her head with a low and pleasant voice, she's carried once again into dreamland.

---

Sinb's finger grazed a few book spines, her eyes scanning each title to try and find a book. A book that can answer her questions. 

Her finger stopped at a hard bounded one. 

"Soulmates." She murmured, her eyes solely focused on the heavy book in her hands. She traced the elegant calligraphy on the hard cover, slowly gaining interest on it. She immediately sat down on the floor, not even bothered to waste time on finding table and chair to sit on.

She turned the cover over, the front page instantly greeting her. It showed the imprint of the sun and moon, with words, "for the lovers that never met," written just below it. Typical, Sinb thought.

She turned more pages over, her eyes raking at each paper, reading the words with swiftness. 

Her eyes landed on a particular page. "The Dream." She read out in a soft whisper. An image on a figure holding palms with another figure, resembling a mirror, is shown. She read the first few words.

"The Myth of The Dream," she read, voice full of curiousity, "The myth of the dream, where you find your soulmate, in your dreams. Love will bloom, but the love you built will remain within the restraint of your dreams, reality not gaining access to it. Dreams will be dreams." She read out softly.

The sentence hung painfully in the air. She read the passage again, her eyes going back to the beginning just to see if it's really true.

The paragraph pitifully clutched her heart, taking it's time to shred it into two. 

She gently closed the book with quivering hands. The words weakened her resolve. She sat on the cold floor, staring at the shelves with hollowness in her orbs, creating a pathetic image to whoever walked by. 

Words that were never read sat on the page of the book, "...however, promises made by soulmates are meant to be kept, meant to be granted, never forgotten..."

---

This dream appeared to be longer than the other ones. Sinb walked around leisurely, already familiarized at the alien setting. Every dream

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter