take her to the moon for me

Gfriend Oneshots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

YujuxUmji

Light breeze blew inside the cold room, making it colder. The blue curtains danced with the wind, creating a more magnificent view as more stars lit up the sky. She observed the glowing moon, enchanted by the simplistic beauty that it held. She laid on the bed, almost still, the steady sound of the heart monitor beeping kept her from doing unnecessary things. A knock on the door shook her out of her trance. 

She slowly and carefully sat up, using the bed grills as her guide. Her back ached more than usual, but she was quick to ignore it. The small beam of light from outside was enough for her eyes to familiarize on the unexpected guest's face. A small smile formed on her lips.

"Hi." That voice. It was sweet like what she was used to hear, just a hint of huskiness laced with it, it was her favorite voice, just second to her mother's. She closed her eyes and hummed a little when the girl sat beside her bed.

A cold touch on her hand prompted her to open her eyes, albeit slowly as she felt them get heavier. Her breath hitched at the view, at the face in front of her. Yewon knew it's been a while, but looking at those pair of honey brown eyes-her most treasured pair of brown eyes-still brought such intense emotions to her, just like the very first time. 

Yuna looked as beautiful as ever, features more defined and chiseled. The apparent change made Yewon fall even more, if that was even remotely possible.

"Hey," she replied, causing Yuna to smile, "what are you doing here? Visiting hours were over an hour ago." She said, her eyebrows slightly raised. The taller girl looked at her incredulously. "Are you forgeting that my father is a resident here?" A teasing tone in her voice made Yewon smile.

She would have face palmed herself, if only she could, instead she resorted into rolling her eyes at the sarcasm. Finally over the question, Yewon felt a lump in , the room becoming more stuffy as the both of them were enveloped in silence. 

The night wind continued to rush in the room. At the added coldness, Yewon wanted to grip, wanted to feel, Yuna's hands against her own. She missed the warmth she once get to hold, she missed it, but somehow, her hands stayed idle on her side, limp, lifeless, cold.

"The moon looks beautiful tonight, doesn't it?" Yuna suddenly uttered looking at the bright light coming from the moon, the soft glow of the hospital light made her look more mezmerizing. 

"So beautiful," Yewon replied, staring at Yuna's profile, memorizing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter