HeroVentures : Death of Me

Gfriend Oneshots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The clanging of metals resonated around the cavern like lair, creating a distinct noise most people would be afraid of. Sowon chucked a pungent liquid into the boiling pot, pinching her nose as she did so. She mixed it a couple of times, letting the mixture bubble into a thick liquid.

After brewing, she got up from her seat to continue on fixing the ray gun she recently purchased from an old man. She bit her lip, concentrating hard on fastening the last screws to finish the gun off.

"So this is what you do in your free time huh?" A voice asked, making the busy girl jump in surprise, shocked at the sudden intrusion. She clutched on her clothed chest and tried to normalize the erratic beating of her heart.

"You really have a habit of scaring people don't you?" Sowon said, glaring at the intruder. 

Yuna shrugged, not really caring about scaring other people off. She bit back her smile at Sowon's baffled expression.

"Your city is in ruins and you're here-" the villain said, stopping herself as she properly looked at the girl. Her eyebrow raised. "You're here, wrapped in my cape." 

Enwrapped in the red silk fabric, only the hero's face was visible. Sowon chuckled at the mixed scowl and pout planted on Yuna's lips.

"It's cld down there," Yuna said, pointing at the door leading to the underground chamber, where she was previously trapped down, "besides, if you weren't so wrapped up in here, I wouldn't resort to stealing your stuff." She said in a matter-of-fact tone, wiggling her eyebrows in amusement.

Sowon rolled her eyes at the girl, her eyes scanning the hero's features. 

"You look adorable." She said, trying so hard to add a sneer into her voice. She did try, but failed miserably.

Because she did, Yuna looked adorable and warm, and perfect.

Sowon shook her head. "How come you're here? I remember locking up your cell." She said, quirking her eyebrow up. She went back on finishing the ray gun while waiting for a reply.

Yuna managed to snag a nearby chair and so she sat on it before replying. 

"Did you already forget that I'm a hero? If I wasn't so fed up with the people in my town, I would have taken you down by now." Yuna said, her hands balling up a fireball. Smugness exuded in her tone and it made the villain cringe. Sowon didn't even need to turn her head around to see Yuna's smirk, because she knew it would be there, mocking her.

"Did you know that you're really annoying?" Sowon voiced out her thoughts. Yuna j

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter