Give you my heart to break

Pixel Dreams of You

Pacing in her room, Jinsoul is starting to become impatient. She can’t really keep a smile off her face, giggling menacingly while tapping her fingers together. Jinsoul’s got her outfit picked out, steamed five times in totals to make sure every wrinkle is gone. Her makeup is lined up in perfect order, her jewelry laid out as well. Jinsoul made sure to clean her heels a few times just to make sure everything was in tip top shape.

Being this extra isn’t unusual for her, Jinsoul’s always been a perfectionist, this is the first time however she wanted nothing lacking for someone else. She’s always dressed her best for herself, never to impress anyone. Sooyoung was an exception though. Jinsoul wanted that girl’s jaw to drop on the floor and drag whenever she saw her. 

Jinsoul’s always loved people worshipping her, Sooyoung was a tough case, it was like breaking tooth and nail to that girl to even glance her way. But things are changing...Jinsoul thinks Sooyoung’s beginning to fall into her orbit. This time, when usually she ignores the person crushing on her, she won’t turn away from Sooyoung.

She can’t wait for the moment when Sooyoung gives in.

Laying in her bed, she snuggles into her pillow. The one she’s been screaming into the last hour because she was so excited. 

“Oh Sooyoung…”

Jinsoul quickly falls to sleep, dreaming only of a particular girl.

~~~~

It’s a beautiful day for Jung Jinsoul, as she struts down the street, all eyes are on her. She waves at most people that are staring at her, but there’s so many she can’t acknowledge all her admirers. Some give her strange looks, wondering why she’s smiling so big, others are in awe from her beauty. Jinsoul flips her hair and picks up her step, heels clicking down on the pavement in a rhythm.

Standing in front of the arcade, Jinsoul digs through her purse and pulls out a mirror and her lipgloss, reapplying it; she pops her lips a few times and fixes a strand of her hair. Jinsoul pats herself down a few times, getting any crinkles out of her clothes or a stray hair. Taking a whiff of herself, she smells like the perfume Sooyoung got her, she hopes it’s the girl’s favorite. That’s why she bought it right?

Stepping into the smelly area she hates that her red bottoms have to touch the grimey carpet of the arcade. She isn’t sure if that’s a yellow triangle she sees, or a perfectly shaped nacho cheese stain. Just about everyone stares at her, all heads turn in her direction. All the regulars are drooling over her.

Of course, the person she wants attention from is ignoring her. It’s funny, the girl who everyone wants, wants the one person who doesn’t want her. Jinsoul guesses that’s a part of her obsession with Sooyoung, she’s never met someone so uninterested in her. Or at least she thought so, Sooyoung just knew how to hide it.

Rolling up to Sooyoung she clears , some people are peeking behind arcade games just to keep stealing glances at her. The whole arcade is focused on her, and Jinsoul doesn’t blame them, she looks amazing right now.

Sooyoung doesn’t notice her presence, or is choosing to ignore it. Either way, it irritates Jinsoul to no end. “Hi loser,” Sooyoung doesn’t even blink, too focused on the game in front of her. She’s popping that gum again and Jinsoul resists the urge to shove it down so she’ll choke on it. 

Jinsoul watches her chew on it, sitting in that damn stool, one hand presses the buttons, the other holding her chin that was propped up. Sooyoung seems bored out of her mind and Jinsoul had a solution, only if she freaking looked at her. Jinsoul shuffles a little closer, so that she’s practically breathing down Sooyoung’s neck.

“Hey barbie,” Sooyoung nonchalantly replies, blowing a bubble and popping it again. Jinsoul couldn’t believe Sooyoung hadn’t even looked at her yet. Was the game that more important?

“Can you like...stop playing.” Jinsoul tries her best to not sound angry, but she’s seething through her teeth. Sooyoung smirks and Jinsoul knows the girl is doing it on purpose now. Of course the game wasn’t better than her, Sooyoung just loved to push her buttons. 

“Nah, just let me finish this game real quick.” Jinsoul crosses her arms, wishes she had some kind of supernatural power to make that chair Sooyoung was sitting in to disappear so she’d bust her falling down. 

Jinsoul rolls her eyes while waiting and turns around to see a group of boys looking at her. Smiling she winks at them, making them jump from shock and quickly turn back to their games. Their ears are red, at least she had an effect on someone in here. Glancing at the work counter she sees that Taeyong is working, they mutually flip each other off, Jinsoul even gives him a double finger. 

Sooyoung finally finishes and turns to her, the girl’s eyes widen in the slightest and she shoots up from her chair, knocking it over in the process. It’s very embarrassing, Jinsoul snorts, “very cool of you Sooyoung.”

Sooyoung’s blood red in the face, ears red and rosy cheeks, “shut up.” 

“Like what you see?” Jinsoul teases, Sooyoung glances away, it was obvious that she really liked what she saw. Sooyoung only took about three seconds before she freaked out and sprouted up like a tree. 

Jinsoul pokes her tummy and the girl whines. She got what she wanted, it wasn’t anything like the drooling, but Sooyoung did act like she was going to pass out. Jinsoul found it adorable. “Yeah, you look...um nice.”

Rolling her eyes she’ll take the compliment gratefully, she knows she looked more than just nice. But Sooyoung was having some medical problems right now, high blood pressure, system shock, maybe . All that. 

Jinsoul was wearing a matching pink two piece. The skirt was a bit short, pencil thin and framed her hips and thighs perfectly. The top piece was her favorite however, the front twisted into a bow shape leaving most of her waist exposed while the sleeves were puffy with angular shoulders. With it she wore matching white heels and a white headband, her hair was stick straight. She was saving it for a special occasion, but she considered this very special.

Sooyoung deserved to see her at her best. 

Playing with the pearls on her neck it seems Sooyoung wore her best as well. A tan skirt with the matching baggy blazer, only a tank top for the undershirt, Jinsoul knows one thing as she smiles mischievoulsy, she was very much liking what she seen.

Sooyoung notices where she’s staring and covers her up by crossing her arms. Jinsoul pouts up, “hey I was looking at those you know.” Sooyoung apparently had a vendetta against bra’s since she never wore one, and with that thin tank top...Jinsoul got to witness something very pleasing to her.

“ert.” 

“So?” Jinsoul raises a brow. Sooyoung’s glaring at her but there’s also a blush on her cheeks. “I’m pretty sure they were happy to see me anyway.” Jinsoul comments and Sooyoung’s makes an offended expression. The blonde giggles, it was pretty hot today, so Sooyoung couldn’t blame her headlights on the weather. 

“You little…”

Sooyoung tries to push her but Jinsoul smack her hand away with her bag, “no touching, I’m very expensive right now.”

Jinsoul backs away as Sooyoung follows after her, a smirk slowly growing on the girl’s face, “oh really?” 

“Yes, this is Lacroix you peasant,” the blonde replies while hitting Sooyoung’s grubby hands away from her again. “Stop trying to catch a feel.” Sooyoung was just playing on a very nasty surface. And well, Sooyoung was just gross in general...personality wise, physically Sooyoung always smelled fresh, like some sort of fruit.  

“Who?” 

Jinsoul scoffs, it was unbelievable how square Sooyoung was, “a very important designer.” 

Sooyoung rolls her eyes but then her smirk grows into a full, devilish smile. “I won’t touch the clothes, just you baby.” Jinsoul screams in horror as the older girl steps closer to her, the arcade had stopped paying attention to them, it was just a regular occurrence now. Whenever Sooyoung and Jinsoul were together nothing or anyone else existed.  

“God you’re like an animal!” Jinsoul holds her bag out straight, keeping Sooyoung at bay. Though she tried to pretend she was disgusted by the suggestion, she couldn’t bite her lip hard enough to keep the smile off her face.

Sooyoung backs away, “fine you win.” Jinsoul puffs her chest up in victory but then squeals when Sooyoung swoops her up in her arms anyway. Jinsoul grumbles and leans her face away as Sooyoung coos, “see, your clothes are just fine.” 

Blushing, Jinsoul doesn’t dare to look at Sooyoung, “let go of me.” Sooyoung’s holding her gently, pulling her closer every time she wiggles back. She curses Sooyoung for wearing heels too, for once she wanted to be the taller one. She can’t stand the way Sooyoung looks down on her. 

“Why would I do that?” Sooyoung asks in a softer voice, and the grip she has on the older girl’s upper arms become tighter, “it feels too nice with you close.”

Sooyoung’s an , Jinsoul thinks. How can she make such rules then say things like that. It was like she was wanting Jinsoul to croak over and die. “Get real.” The blonde mumbles as Sooyoung teases her with a smile. 

Jinsoul tosses the side eye to Sooyoung who was getting closer and closer to her, “god you look beautiful.” Sooyoung’s a breath away so Jinsoul moves her hands away from the girl’s upper arms to press against her shoulder. Sooyoung’s eyes are hooded almost as if she’s in a trance. 

“Yeah whatever, I know.” Jinsoul sighs while trying to keep her hands steady, she resists the urge to drag them lower, so that she could feel the smoothness of Sooyoung’s skin. Instead she fixes the girl’s blazer, her breath stutters when she accidentally brushes her fingers across Sooyoung’s collarbones. Sooyoung’s wearing all gold, she counts four necklaces one long enough to stretch between the girl’s s. 

Jinsoul likes being the reason Sooyoung gets caught in a daze. “I don’t think you do.” Sooyoung whispers out, seriously. Jinsoul knows she’s perfect, but not in the way Sooyoung sees it. It’s the older girl’s own special definition of it, Jinsoul wonders if Sooyoung sees her as an angel, or maybe as a devil in disguise.

It could be both, Jinsoul doesn’t like to stick to one title.

“Come on, let’s get out of here.” 

Sooyoung tells her while dragging her by the elbow. Jinsoul bounces on her feet as she’s pulled away, purse in one hand swinging alone with her. Sooyoung glares at anyone who dares to look at the blonde. Jinsoul only waves at them apologetically, it wasn't their fault that she was their fantasy come true. Still, Jinsoul can’t help but melt at Sooyoung’s possessiveness. 

She’s dreams of the day Sooyoung will call her my girl. 

~~~~

“Where are we going?”

“Somewhere.” 

“And where is that?” 

Sooyoung rolls her eyes and laughs, “You know you should try this one thing, it’s like super popular right now. All the cool kids are doing it.” Glancing at Jinsoul she cuts her laughing off when she sees that the blonde is not amused in the slightest bit. Sooyoung has her suit jacket in one hand, the other is clinging onto Jinsoul’s upper arm as she guides her through the streets.

Jinsoul huffs, “What? What could it possibly be?” Sooyoung loves being around Jinsoul, other people would probably have a heart attack after being exposed to such a bad attitude for a certain amount of time. But Sooyoung feels like she’d die without the bite to Jinsoul’s tone. 

“Shutting up for once in your life.” Sooyoung stares at the blonde for a reaction, it takes a few seconds but Jinsoul’s cute face puffs up into anger. It doesn’t make her look menacing like she means it to be, Sooyoung only thinks it’s incredibly adorable. 

Jinsoul is like a puppy to her, all bark and no bite. She knows the blonde really isn’t as nasty as some of her insults. Jinsoul was secretly selfless, and cared about Sooyoung more than she put out. Of course, Sooyoung realized this after a while and she wishes Jinsoul was as vain as she looked.

Then maybe she could give into her desires, and end up breaking Jinsoul’s heart in the end. Now, Sooyoung couldn’t even begin thinking about hurting this girl.

The blonde groans, “ you.”

“Awe you wish.” Sooyoung winks and gets her satisfaction with how the blonde’s skin starts to boil under her palm. 

Jinsoul jerks away from her, “You’re so stupid.” Sooyoung gets lost in Jinsoul’s profile, how perfect it is, the white headband she was wearing makes her ears stick out more than usual. Sooyoung doesn’t even think as she reaches to pinch one of them, rubbing her thumb across the shell of it.

The blonde whines and slaps away from her, but the look on her face tells Sooyoung she didn’t entirely hate it. Sooyoung’s heart pumps out of her chest, she wonders what happened to protecting it like she used to.

If Jinsoul really wanted to, she could take it whenever. Sooyoung would let her without hesitation. 

Jinsoul shyly glances at her and then forces it down to the ground. Sooyoung blushes, what an angel this girl is. Sooyoung accidentally runs into someone while staring at Jinsoul. The guy curses her and keeps on walking, Sooyoung waves him off with a grimace and turns back to Jinsoul.

Now this was just unfair. Really, either Sooyoung was extremely lucky or unfortunate. Having a girl like this look at her like that. It had to be a blessing or a curse. Jinsoul is standing there innocently, switching back and forth on each heel. Her arms are folded in the front and her chin is tucked downward.

Jinsoul flutters her eyelashes, “you really need to watch where you’re going.”

“Oh? I would have, but I was kinda distracted.”  

The blonde walks away from her. Sooyoung follows, like the girl in love that she is. She’d never admit. How Jinsoul makes her flutter every time she calls out her name. Or how she swoons whenever she feels the blonde’s grip on her waist. Or how at every waking moment she wishes Jinsoul would hold her at night.

Sooyoung only watches Jinsoul for a while. She likes how confidently Jinsoul walks even though she has no idea where to go. Blonde hair sways and bounces, Jinsoul kinda sparkles in the sunlight. Like a diamond. 

Not being able to handle how long Jinsoul’s legs look in that skirt, seeming soft to the touch she races forward. “Hold my hand?” 

The blonde glances at her hand and then up into her eyes. Sooyoung starts to sweat a little under that gaze, so pretty, how is she this pretty. Jinsoul rolls those eyes and grabs her hand, lacing their fingers together.

People will think they’re just friends right?

Sooyoung couldn’t stand to check...if they were getting strange looks.

She just keeps her focus on Jinsoul’s eyes, long lashes and the shades of makeup she used today. A light pink around the middle and dark red in the corners. It makes her eyes look darker.

It’s easy to fall into them, too easy.

~~~

Right now, they’re passing over the water way, the bridge a bit arched so Sooyoung tugs her by the hand. At the top of it Sooyoung pokes fun at her, “what? Don’t tell me you’re that bad out of shape.” Jinsoul huffs and walks in front of the girl. Sooyoung was smirking while chewing her gum and just for an extra effort into pissing Jinsoul off, she blows a bubble and pops it right in the blonde’s face.

“Pop that gum one more time.”

“Or what?”

Narrowing her stare she scans the area, Jinsoul notices the railing, “I might….I might push you off this bridge.” It’s a weak threat but it’s good enough. The water below is all spillway and a bit of sewers, Sooyoung would rather not fall the three feet way into some ty water. 

But Sooyoung of course calls her bluff, “Ohhh, but you won’t.” Sooyoung must have an obsession with her ears because she reaches up and rubs at them as they turn red from embarrassment. The sun is starting to set, the light slowly turns orange as it retracts from the streets, sparkling off the windows of buildings and sighs.

Jinsoul wonders where they’re going, and if Sooyoung’s making her walk all this way for nothing. “Whatever, do you have any more at least.” 

“Nope, just this piece.” Sooyoung mumbles and sticks the piece out and between her teeth.

Jinsoul gets the best idea, seeing that gum dangle between Sooyoung’s teeth. Quickly grabbing the girl’s jaw with a few fingers she grumbles when Sooyoung tries to pull away, “stand still or I really will push you off this bridge.” Sooyoung takes her threat more seriously this time. Jinsoul squishes the girl’s cheeks with her grip, oh how cute. Leaning onto her tippy toes she takes the gum out of Sooyoung’s mouth with her own teeth.

Hearing Sooyoung's breath hitch makes her skin tingle. 

She wishes she would have leaned in more...just so she’d feel Sooyoung’s lips against her own. But that would be breaking the rules, and she isn’t ready to face the consequences. Yet.

As she pulls away, Jinsoul snorts at Sooyoung’s face. The girl’s eyes are closed and everything. A rosy tint on the cheeks that Jinsoul was grabbing. Sooyoung flutters her eyes open and frantically looks around, but Jinsoul had checked that no one had seen her before leaning up. “That isn’t fair Jinsoul!”

Jinsoul smiles and starts to walk away. Sooyoung’s voice was three pitches higher, “what isn’t?” Jinsoul replies and flips her hair at Sooyoung. 

The girl in front of her looked like she was about to burst, “you know...ugh forget it.” Sooyoung tries to walk past her, but Jinsoul grabs her wrist.

“Sooyoung it’s adorable.”

Jinsoul’s being dared right now. Those eyes are daring her to do something, say anything. Sooyoung wants her to be the one to make the first move. Oh, Jinsoul’s too stubborn to do that, why should she just hand herself to Sooyoung. Isn’t that what every other girl has done? Sooyoung should be the one begging. She will be soon enough.

Jinsoul knows she’s too hard to resist.

“How bad you wanna kiss me right now.”

Sooyoung drags her away. 

~~~~

It’s always a competition between them, Jinsoul realizes. Sooyoung seems like she wants to lose though, at this little game they’re playing. Jinoul thinks the girl wants to be pushed towards the edge, wants to see just how much she can take. Jinsoul knows Sooyoung wants her, she knows she doesn’t want to commit to it. Commit to the feeling, commit to her. Commit to anything in her life.

Jinsoul will consume her eventually.

Sooyoung will want that.

~~~~

The city is so pretty at night. Jinsoul ooo’s and ahh’s at the skyscrapers lining the streets, she doesn’t come up this way often, too afraid and intimidated by everything. There’s too many lights and people. “This way.” Despite Sooyoung’s voice being so soft it she hears it through the constant mutter of the night life.

Jinsoul is dragged by her fingers and she sticks close to Sooyoung. Using her warmth as a way to not get lost in the cool streets of the city. There’s a lot of traffic, people and vehicles alike. They pass by a bunch of guys, leather coats and slick hair. Bikes as colorful as the signs shading them.

Sooyoung keeps her close, muttering random nonsense in her ear. It’s the first time Jinsoul doesn’t mind the bull. Because it’s the only thing that makes her feel comfortable. 

Jinsoul can nuzzle her face into the crook of Sooyoung’s neck. She lets the girl guide her wherever, she trusts Sooyoung. Jinsoul has always trusted Sooyoung even though everyone is telling her to run. 

She doesn’t want to run. When she can feel Sooyoung smile, her cheek pressing up tighter against her forehead. Sooyoung smiles a lot around her when she didn’t at first. Jinsoul thinks it’s progress. And at the same time, trouble. 

Jinsoul could get used to a smile like Sooyoung’s...so used to it she’ll want to have it be hers forever. She wants Sooyoung to smile for her, as long as they’re together. 

“I like it when you’re clingy.” Sooyoung says.

“As if.”

“I do. I like it a lot Jinsoul.” Sooyoung’s doesn’t have a lot of people close to her. A very small group. If they were previously, either Sooyoung pushed them away, making them hate her. Or they never liked her to begin with. Sooyoung didn’t realize just how many times she’s been heartbroken in her past, Jinsoul hasn’t done it once. Every piece of Sooyoung’s heart that’s crumbled, Jinsoul’s seemed to place stitches between the cracks. “I hate being alone.” Jinsoul pulls back just a bit, so that they’re face to face. Sooyoung’s eyes hold a lot more than they usually do. “But with you I think I’ll be just fine.”

“Yeah?” 

Sooyoung grabs her elbow to drag her down an alleyway. Jinsoul is about to complain about being manhandled but her jaw drops instead. It’s not just an alleyway, it’s a tiny street filled with neon signs and lights stringed across the two buildings. Jinsoul cranes her neck back as she looks at the network of power lines and laundry up above.

There’s an entire neighborhood in this small stretch of concrete. And when she brings her vision back down it’s just as pretty. There’s tiny bars and cafes every few yards, only screen doors for the entrances. It casts an orange light, from the dull ones of the miniature restaurants and bright ones from above. 

Jinsoul apparently is walking too slowly, because Sooyoung does grab her hand. Gasping at lithe fingers intertwined with her own, Jinsoul stares ahead at the most beautiful sight. Sooyoung is looking back at her while guiding her through the tight space of the backstreet. Time slows down just a little bit for her. 

Just so she can burn the image of the soft glow of Sooyoung’s skin into memory.

Jinsoul is dragged forward and Sooyoung whips her head back around. Her hair bounces with her step and Jinsoul can’t help but find it adorable. She squeezes Sooyoung’s hand in her own and follows her. After all, this time she isn’t chasing Sooyoung, the girl wants her to come along. Jinsoul likes the development. 

She likes that Sooyoung wants her around.

“Where are we going!” Jinsoul raises her voice since the world around them was a bit loud. Causing their voices to be muffled.

Sooyoung turns to her again and Jinsoul gets caught in that smile. The simple gesture of lips spreading across teeth shouldn’t be this heart stopping. But to Jinsoul it is. Her heart is dragging on the ground behind her.

“Somewhere you’ll like!” 

~~~~

“No freaking way!” Jinsoul squeals and takes both of Sooyoung’s hands in here, squeezing onto them for dear life.

The older girl just giggles, “yes way.”

It’s that new mall everyone’s talking about. Literally every store she could think of, a movie theater and oh my god there was even an arcade.

Jinsoul’s so eager to go in she starts to drag Sooyoung. The older girl is quick to stop her though, “I know you’re super excited an all and I promise to get you a few things but we’re kinda on a budget here.” Jinsoul freezes and looks up at the huge glowing sign, then down at the constant flow of people walking in and out of the entrance and finally turns to Sooyoung.

She looked nervous and a bit ashamed. 

Jinsoul shakes her head, god having a girl like this wrapped around her was a statement enough. She didn’t need bags full of designer to be happy. Sooyoung’s got her coat on again, so Jinsoul pulls her by the collar, down to where they’re eye level with each other.

“I’m not that shallow!” Jinsoul huffs and pulls the girl closer. “It’s you, you’re the one who makes me feel this way. I’m excited to spend time with you, not shopping.”

Sooyoung swallows a bit obviously, clearly affected by the words. Jinsoul knows she wasn’t expecting such an answer, “yeah?”

Sooyoung’s not used to being cared about like this. 

Nodding she crosses her arms, “If you asked I’d hang out at a dump with you, that's how much you mean to me...because I’d rather die than to be seen hanging out at a dump. It doesn’t matter where we go, as long as I’m with you.” Jinsoul says while scanning her eyes down Sooyoung’s body. Yeah, it’s never been about the money with Sooyoung, Jinsoul wasn’t like one of those snot-nosed freaks that used to bully her for being poor, she hated people like that. She just liked pretty things, and they usually cost a bit of dough. Sooyoung was pretty too… it started out with wanting the attention from such a cold girl, but now, it’s so much more for Jinsoul. 

Sooyoung shyly laughs and looks away while brushing some of her hair behind her ear. Jinsoul wishes she was the one doing it. Just so she could touch Sooyoung even more.

“Am I clear?” 

The older girl bites her lip, “yes ma’am.”

Jinsoul can’t help but smile, dragging Sooyoung in by the hands.

The mall is gorgeous inside, the interior design is colorful and abstract and the first thing they see is a fountain. 

Oh and it’s crowded. Very, seriously crowded. Jinsoul figures out that Sooyoung doesn’t like crowds, judging by the way the girl clings to her arm with both hands. “Sheesh I guess this was everyone’s idea.”

Jinsoul snorts, “I mean it is Friday night. Maybe we can find a cute girl here for you and maybe me-“ The blonde was staring all over the place as she spoke but as soon as she locked her gaze with Sooyoung’s she shut up. That icy glare always makes her tremble. 

Sooyoung lowly mumbles, “yeah you can forget about boys.” So much for not being jealous, Jinsoul thinks. Sooyoung hated any idea of her being with a boy. Not like she really had to worry about that, Jinsoul only had heart eyes for one person, one girl. And that girl was right here beside her. 

“Who said I was thinking about boys.” Jinsoul teases. Sooyoung’s eyebrows raise in complete shock, “oh come on you can’t possibly think I’m fully straight after making out with you for god knows how long.” Jinsoul recalls the kiss for the 100th time, how Sooyoung would make a tiny noise everytime she deepened it. God she understood why guys were all over pretty girls now, they were addicting. 

The older girl squeezes her arm, tugging her closer with a sigh. “Straight girls kiss other girls all the time, that’s totally a phenomenon.” Sooyoung seriously thinks she’s straight. Wow, Jinsoul’s kind of offended at that. 

Instead she says to be brutally honest, “I think about a lot more than just kissing you.” Sooyoung doesn’t dare to look at her. The older girl’s eyes widen and her ears go red. Jinsoul is pretty sure she can see the panic set in. “What, you haven’t thought about it? Us having -“

“Don’t.” Sooyoung warns, her voice trembling a bit.

“Well I do, I think about it all the time. I even touch m-“

“Jinsoul for the love of god.”

The blonde giggles, she was so good at this. She was a shameless flirt after all. Sooyoung thought she was the pro at hitting on girls, well Jinsoul was the champion. “I’m joking jeez! Loosen up a bit Sooyoung you’re getting too worked up over something silly.” It is endearing however, how flustered Sooyoung is getting over some the words. Of course Jinsoul’s never touched herself while thinking of Sooyoung, yes she thought about doing it. A lot. But really she was just teasing the girl. “I’m just saying.”

“I thought we were trying to be friends.” Sooyoung sighs, still refusing to look at her.

Jinsoul at her lips, “a girl can dream can’t she?” 

The grip that Sooyoung has on her arm becomes tighter, “yeah she can.” Jinsoul glances at Sooyoung who said the words so low she could barely hear them. She wonders if they were even meant for her at all. 

Trying to cool herself down, Jinsoul stares at all the mall-goers. A lot of which are couples. Used to, Jinsoul didn’t know who she was jealous of more. The guy or the girl, now she definitely knew it was the guy. Who wouldn’t want a cute girl with them while shopping, it sounded like a complete dream to Jinsoul. She wanted to be surrounded by girls all the time.

Some guys are such knob-heads, Jinsoul knows what girls really want. She loved treating them like queens, Jinsoul couldn’t help herself sometimes. The blonde loved making girls smile and making them feel good. Her reputation with guys were bad, but well, the ladies loved her. She was herself around them, while the dudes she dated saw another side.

There was just something about the way they reacted to her words that made Jinsoul melt inside. Sooyoung was extra cute. Sometimes Jinsoul thought she was gonna die when she saw Sooyoung’s timid smile. 

Yeah, Jinsoul couldn’t help herself. “So what do you like more? Giving it or her giving it to you.” Jinsoul bites her lip after asking, Sooyoung’s whole body turns to stone. It goes rigid against hers so Jinsoul brings her other hand to lay it across one of Sooyoung’s. 

For someone who is a master at seduction, Sooyoung surely can’t take it when Jinsoul does it. “I’m not answering that.” Jinsoul snorts at how quickly Sooyoung speaks, so she tilts her head down, trying to get a good look at Sooyoung’s face.

The blonde uses her signature pout, putting extra emphasize on her brows.” Pleaseee tell me I wanna know oh Sooyoung I’m so curious.” Sooyoung spares one glance at her and whips her head away.

“No. Drop it.”

Jinsoul pouts for real this time as she leans back up. “Okay brat.”

They walk silently together. Jinsoul notices all the heads turning at them. But no wonder, Jinsoul was flamboyant and doll-like, Sooyoung was chic and classy. Both of their styles were the population's current obsession, except on different ends of the spectrum. Jinsoul was out of a pop magazine, everything about her screamed diva and it was a girl's dream to grow up to be like her. Sooyoung was out of a fashion catalogue, she had elegance that not a lot of women could pull off without looking corny or a wanna-be.

Either of them could be mistaken as a celebrity. Jinsoul of course a star that everyone was in love with, Sooyoung more like the avant-garde model that everyone wanted to look like.

Of course, neither of them really paid attention to their admirers. Sooyoung’s too focused on not sweating, Jinsoul’s thinking about how hard the older girl’s grip is getting.

Sooyoung finally gets the courage, “I-I like both but-receiving is um I like being the one who ya know.” Jinsoul almost trips on the escalator that they’re getting on. Sooyoung retreats to the other side once she says it, leaving a small amount of space between them. 

Jinsoul her lips once and snorts, “You’re a pillow princess.” 

“Shut up, am not.” Sooyoung finally looks at her after avoiding her gaze the entire time. She’s glaring at Jinsoul, and totally lying. Jinsoul gets the biggest grin on her face.

Jinsoul breaks the distance between them, “Yeah no it makes total sense. Because when-,” cutting herself off she walks two fingers up Sooyoung’s tummy. They’re close enough that Jinsoul can feel the heat of Sooyoung’s body, but far enough that it doesn’t seem weird to the others riding the escalator. “When I think about us…I.” 

Slowly, her eyes drag from where her fingers were softly pressing into Sooyoung’s stomach, up towards her chest, Sooyoung shudders from a broken breath. Laying her palm against Sooyoung, she flicks her gaze up and at dark eyes. They must mirror her own, Jinsoul knows exactly what Sooyoung’s thinking about.

Jinsoul only grins, because when she pictures it. She isn’t the one underneath Sooyoung. She likes to think that Sooyoung wants to be taken care of...and that’s all Jinsoul wants to do. The way Jinsoul imagines it, she’s completely in control and Sooyoung loves every second of it.

“I want to-.”

“SOOYOUNG!!!” Jinsoul’s very glad for the distraction, she was getting a bit too carried away. She couldn’t help it though, Sooyoung’s stare was desperate, and she was chewing on her lips like she couldn’t stand it anymore. Jinsoul probably was coming off the same way. 

But there are the rules, they promised to be friends. Except, the thoughts Jinsoul was just having was everything but friendly. 

“Oh Jesus.” Sooyoung sighs and Jinsoul composes herself quickly, god this was getting to be too much for her. She was starting to want Sooyoung...no, she needed her more, so much that it was becoming impossible to ignore.

Looking down the escalator she sees a cute girl waving at them, “o-m-g she’s so adorable who is that.” The girl was tiny and had silky hair like Sooyoung’s, but it was a lot longer. Sooyoung’s was shoulder length now compared to when they first met.

“I-it’s my sister.” Jinsoul gasps.

The girl below is hopping excitedly so Jinsoul waves back at her. They wait for her at the top. The girl bounces off the escalator, honing a few shopping bags already. She skips up to them, smiling so wide Jinsoul’s heart aches. It’s a bit awkward, since Jinsoul can’t stop staring, she has a cheek mole, just like Sooyoung’s. Jinsoul literally wants to squeal. 

Reaching her hand out she smiles brightly, “Hi, I’m Jinsoul, Sooyoung’s uh.” Jinsoul freezes, girlfriend? Wannabe Lover? Secret admirer...ooh maybe mistress? Enemy. Yes, enemy No wait. “I’m Sooyoung’s friend.” Yeah, that’s a safe answer. 

The girl shakes her hand, mirroring her flashy smile, “Heejin, her beloved sister.” They shake hands for a long period, just staring at each other.

“Sooo.” Heejin glances between Jinsoul and Sooyoung, the blonde notices how deep the girl’s voice is compared to Sooyoung’s.

Sooyoung is pinching the bridge of her nose, “Yes, it’s her.” Jinsoul feels the blush reaching her cheeks, wait what?

“I freaking knew it, Sooyoung literally talks about you all the time!” Heejin bounces around and Jinsoul’s mouth hangs open. Sooyoung talks about her? What kind of talk? Like...good things or oh god does she gossip about her?

Jinsoul is having an internal crisis as the two argue, “I do not!”

“Do too!”

“No Heejin!”

Heejin rolls her eyes at Sooyoung, “Yes, you do.” The girl grumbles and then turns to Jinsoul, “But no wonder you are literally drop dead gorgeous.” 

Jinsoul shakes herself out of her little moment and holds a hand to chest, clearly touched. “Me? Babe Look at you! You’re just so-.” Sooyoung glances between the two who were complimenting each other like crazy oh now they’re screaming and hugging each other while spinning in a circle. Everyone is staring and Sooyoung only hides her face as the two in front of her completely fan-girl over each other.

Great, Sooyoung thinks.

Just great.

~~~~

Jinsoul hasn’t paid attention to her in approximately, Sooyoung checks her gold watch, seventeen minutes. She stares ahead and scowls, Jinsoul is currently squeezing her younger sister's cheeks.

This was just supposed to be them. Of course Sooyoung loved Heejin with all her heart, but she was seriously taking away all the affection she wanted pointed towards her. Sooyoung wanted to be the one Jinsoul was babying, not her sister. 

And Heejin had to come at that moment. When Jinsoul was looking at her like she wanted to eat her alive. Sooyoung would have let her too, if Heejin didn’t ruin the moment that is.

Sooyoung’s still hot, god she thinks about Jinsoul all the time and the things she would do to that girl. 

She couldn’t explain how hard it was to not react when Jinsoul confessed. That she thinks about it too, that she...

You have no idea what you’re doing to me Jung Jinsoul. 

I’m going crazy because of you.

But, for now, she follows behind the two talking about everything and nothing at the same time.

Later, she’ll address the fact that she is not a pillow princess...at least not all the time. Sooyoung blushes, Jinsoul sees right through her sometimes.

Sooyoung pays close attention to the two, well only Jinsoul. She would like to push her sister in the trash.

The blonde’s figure is to die for, Sooyoung gets stuck checking her out. Jinsoul knew exactly what she was doing putting that skirt on, Sooyoung can’t get over the shape of her hips. Trailing her eyes up Jinsoul she likes that she can see the dip of the girl’s back. Even further up, wait, Jinsoul was twisted in a weird way.

Sooyoung peeks up and sees that Jinsoul is staring right at her. The blonde winks and Sooyoung watches her tongue run across her teeth teasingly.

Pretending she wasn’t just caught, Sooyoung crosses her arms and stares down at the floor, she was embarrassed by how badly she wanted to look at Jinsoul all the time.

“Hey loser,” Sooyoung looks up, Jinsoul and Heejin are giggling while covering their mouths. “See I told you she reacts when I call her that, because she knows she’s lame.” Sooyoung rolls her eyes and sneers and suddenly a soft hand is tugging hers out, “babe I was kidding!” 

Sooyoung shouldn’t like the way Jinsoul calls her babe, but she does. In fact, she wants Jinsoul to call her that forever. “Sure sure, make fun of me for my sisters entertainment.”

Jinsoul gives her a tired look, “oh shut up and stop sulking back here. I’m starting to miss you.” So much for staying mad at Jinsoul, because as soon as Sooyoung hears those words she’s got the stupidest smile on her face. 

Sooyoung’s still not in the conversation, but at least Jinsoul’s holding onto her waist now. They walk around for a while, checking out shops without ever going in. Sooyoung can tell Jinsoul is dying to go blow some money, but something is holding her back. 

Instead, Heejin was the first to break, for food of course. “Dude they have mochi that’s wicked.” 

Jinsoul digs out of her pocket book, Sooyoung’s brows raise to the roof as the blonde hands her baby sister some money. “Here it’s on me.”

Heejin looks at Jinsoul like she is some sort of angel and Sooyoung completely understands that feeling. Jinsoul’s too sweet for her own good. 

Sooyoung watches her sister skip off and she takes the opportunity to whisper into Jinsoul’s ear, “why wasn’t you this nice to me at first.” Sooyoung even dares to press her lips there before Jinsoul’s pushing her away. For such a flirt earlier, Jinsoul clearly couldn’t handle it with Sooyoung. 

“Because you were rude. Still are.”

Rolling her eyes at that Sooyoung argues, “oh because I didn’t worship you and the ground you walked on when we met?”

Jinsoul glares at her and Sooyoung really really wants to kiss her right now. She loves that grumpy face Jinsoul makes whenever she teases her, “yes.”

Sooyoung laughs at the blonde’s reply, “I’m sorry, it doesn’t count now that I do?”

“No, you don't respect me like you should. You are still on my bad list.” 

Jinsoul is tapping her heel against the tile floor, huffing and puffing. Sooyoung knows better than to ruffle up Jinsoul’s hair like she wants to, so she simply tugs on the ends of it. “What do I gotta do to get on the good list?” 

The blonde smirks, and pretends to think for a few moments. Rubbing her thumb and index finger on her chin, “hmm let’s see. You admit that you’re obsessed and couldn’t live without me?” 

Sooyoung thinks it’s funny that Jinsoul says that.

Because she’s totally right, “okay.” Sooyoung was obsessed, and her life would be pretty lonesome and sad without Jinsoul in it. Now that she’s got a taste of how great it is with her.

“You admit it?”

“Yup, it’s pretty obvious isn’t it?” Sooyoung tilts her head, Jinsoul seemed a bit surprised she was winning so easily. But losing has never felt so good to Sooyoung. “You’re ruining my life.” Sooyoung murmurs and then brushes some of Jinsoul’s hair back behind her ear, “and I love every single second of it.”

Jinsoul shares a look with her, eyes sparkling and everything.

Sooyoung realizes then that she wants to change for this girl. That she wants to give another shot at love...she’s just not ready yet. There’s something still scary about Jinsoul. There's a weird feeling that Sooyoung’s got.

That maybe the blonde is playing her too.

At any second, Jinsoul could change her mind about them and leave her with an empty chest.

Just like she has done to other girls in the past. She feels like Jinsoul knows everything about her but Sooyoung doesn’t have a single clue about her. “I’m back! I got chocolate I know...basic.”

Jinsoul’s eyelashes flutter and the blonde turns to her sister, taking a deep breath she cheerfully replies, “nah chocolate is like delish’ or whatever, you guys find a seat imma get some too.” 

Sooyoung’s watches Jinsoul scramble away and Heejin becomes skeptical, “Sooooo is that your girlfriend.”

“No.”

“Soon to be girlfriend?”

“No.”

Heejin follows her to sit at some bench, Sooyoung swats at all the fake plants. Why were there so many fan palms? “What?! Are you stupid or something?” Sooyoung ignores Heejin’s shock. 

Sooyoung may be stupid, because an amazing girl like Jinsoul is in the palm of her hands essentially. The girl everyone wanted, wants to be Sooyoung’s. Yes she is stupid, for not going after all she’s ever needed, what she finds in Jinsoul. 

However, Sooyoung isn’t selfish.

Jinsoul is genuine, but Sooyoung has a lot of baggage. Jinsoul’s never had her heart broken before and well, Sooyoung doesn’t want to be the first one to do that. She doesn’t want to hurt a girl like that, that’s never been betrayed.

Sooyoung doesn’t want to be the one that steals the light from Jinsoul, who was brighter than any star in the sky.

She can’t put that burden on Jinsoul. The girl’s first love needs to be completely available and Sooyoung was...she’s not at all. She’d end up ruining Jinsoul’s first shot at love.

Jinsoul deserves better than her, that’s what Sooyoung keeps telling herself. That she deserves someone not afraid to be with her and treats her like the princess she is.

“We’re friends Heejin, and will only ever be friends.”

“Yeah you’re ing stupid.” Heejin is simple minded, Sooyoung’s an overthinker. Instead of looking at the probable dream that it would be if she were to love Jinsoul, she thinks of literally everything that could go wrong.

“She’s straight.” Sooyoung lies, it was an excuse. Jinsoul could not be straight after...

Heejin pops another mochi in , “And you’re stupid.”

“Stop saying that!”

“What?”

“That I’m stupid!”

Sooyoung grumbles when her sister starts to laugh at her, “Oh so you’re admitting it too!” Sooyoung rolls her eyes, ready to pop Heejin in the mouth like she used to but of course her sister's guardian angel appears.

“Admitting what?”

Heejin picks up another mochi, “That she’s stupid.”

Jinsoul snorts and Sooyoung slumps that not only her sister is calling her stupid, but now her secret crush was. “Oops I forgot chopsticks.” The blonde waddles the best she can in her heels back to the vendor. 

Sooyoung watches as a group of girls come up to Jinsoul, they had been staring at the blonde for a while and finally got the courage to come up to her. Sooyoung sighs as the girl’s fawn over Jinsoul and the blonde smiles and compliments them back. Jinsoul spins for them, showing off her outfit and shoes, one of the girls looks like they’re gonna faint when the blonde reaches forward to play with their hair. 

“How can someone be that pretty, nice and funny? It’s impossible, she’s perfect.” Heejin says with a mouthful of mochi. 

Sooyoung deadpans out, “she’s not funny.”

“Um hello she’s hilarious,” great, now on top of the other forty-five thousand admirers Jinsoul’s got, now there are forty-five thousand and one. Sooyoung has some serious competition and she has no idea how she’s winning. What does Jinsoul even see in her? A girl like her should be with someone equally perfect, Sooyoung doesn't feel like she’s even halfway there.

She should be thankful though. Actually, Sooyoung feels like the luckiest girl alive to have the attention of Jung Jinsoul.

“If I was you, I would hold onto her and never let go, she’d be good for you Sooyoung.” 

Sooyoung agreed, but she just can’t say it out loud. As far as she knows, the sun rises and sets out of Jinsoul’s . Her whole life was starting to revolve around this girl. All Sooyoung could do was gravitate closer and closer to her. Sooyoung is beginning to get into dangerous territory, where she just couldn’t say no to Jinsoul anymore. That she’d do anything for her.

“You think I’d be good for her?” She asks Heejin.

Sooyoung then turns to Heejin and waits. “Honestly, I think you’d be the only one good for her.” She blinks, not understanding what her sister means. Looking back at Jinsoul who was blushing at the girls gushing over her she tries to make sense of it all.

A lot of people seem to like Jinsoul for her looks, but Sooyoung, well she’s always appreciated the person the blonde is. Underneath the designer, Jinsoul’s still one of a kind. Maybe that’s what it is, Jinsoul wants to be loved in a certain way. And Sooyoung is the only one that can. She can remember how passionate the blonde wanted to be taken seriously, Sooyoung was the first person Jinsoul was interested in to do that.

Jinsoul likes looking as if she’s a doll, but she doesn’t like being treated like one.

Sooyoung understands that. 

The blonde returns and squeezes herself right between Sooyoung and Heejin. Sooyoung eyes the cup of sweets in Jinsoul’s hand, “Wait where’s mine?”

“This is yours.” Jinsoul says like it's the most obvious thing in the world.

“Where’s yours then?”

Jinsoul flutters her eyelashes, “I didn’t want a whole one so I was hoping you’d share.” Jinsoul then takes a piece and holds it up for Sooyoung. The older girl blushes madly...Jinsoul was trying to feed her which was entirely too intimate to do in front of everyone.

“What if I don’t wanna share?”

Sooyoung instantly regrets it when Jinsoul slowly lowers the cup. The blonde looks like she’s been shot, it breaks Sooyoung’s heart. “I can share mine!” Heejin holds hers up while smiling at Jinsoul, when the blonde turns to her she glares at Sooyoung.

Picking around at the mochi, Sooyoung ignores the two feeding each other next to her. This was gross. And she was starting to feel like a third wheel. Hearing them giggle Sooyoung has had enough. “Here Jinsoul you can have it.” She shoves the cup into Jinsoul and the blonde looks down at it and back at her.

“It’s barely eaten.” Jinsoul inquires, “Was it not good?” Sooyoung shakes her head no and crosses her arms. It’s awkward for a few seconds but then Jinsoul scoots closer to her and holds up another piece, “Baby do you want some?”

Sooyoung gulps, like the idiot she is. When Jinsoul says it like that...how could Sooyoung say no. Opening she allows Jinsoul to feed her. Jinsoul is smiling at her so sweetly and Sooyoung hums at the flavor, there was no way what she had minutes ago was the same thing that Jinsoul put in .

It was like the blonde did something to it to make it 100x better and Sooyoung eats every bite while slowly wrapping her arm around Jinsoul’s waist as people begin to stare at them. Covering while chewing Sooyoung shyly ducks her face down, “Jinsoul, people are watching.”

Glancing up, she finds that Jinsoul is only looking at her, not even bothering to check. “Let them.” Jinsoul says softly and holds up another bite. The blonde must be sensing her discomfort, so Jinsoul moves to where her back is facing the crowd, hiding Sooyoung away from them. 

Sooyoung doesn’t know how to tell Jinsoul that her small gestures meant a lot more than they should. 

When they finish they both turn to see that Heejin is gone, Sooyoung will have to call her later. But for now it was only them. “Awe she could have said bye!” Jinsoul sounds genuinely disappointed but then like a light switch turns to Sooyoung with the biggest smile.

Sooyoung doesn’t have a chance to protest as she’s dragged to the closest shop.

~~~~

Sooyoung doesn’t spend a dime, “How do you have this much money?” She asks as Jinsoul is pulling out yet another bill.

The blonde simply smiles, spending men’s money on herself was great...spending men’s money on Sooyoung however, was amazing. “I still have some left from my ummm little fling from Minho.” Sooyoung raises her brow and Jinsoul waves her off, “my fingers, they’re very talented.” Jinsoul watches as Sooyoung’s face drops in horror and she just realizes how that sounded. Bringing both her hands up she shakes them nervously at Sooyoung, “it’s not how it sounds! I stole it from him! I was meaning my fingers were talented in a pickpockety kinda way!”

Now the cashier was looking at her in horror, Jinsoul groans and stares up at the ceiling of the store, “I didn’t shoplift Jesus Christ will you people give me a break!” 

She has her eyes closed, irritated of course, because Jinsoul was just joking. Sure she checked Minho’s wallet when he wasn’t looking, it wasn't like he actually noticed it was gone. Soon enough she hears Sooyoung’s giggle, “what else are you fingers good at?” 

Jinsoul opens one eye to glare at Sooyoung before closing it and blowing steam. “What’s it to you?”

“Just curious.”

The blonde then looks down at her fingers, her perfectly manicured nails. Jinsoul then smirks, “you’re smart Sooyoung, figure it out.” The older girl doesn’t find it funny, so Jinsoul’s expression drops, “I was kidding, god tough crowd tonight huh.” Jinsoul smiles at the cashier as they hand her the bag full of clothes. They only give her a nervous laugh back, was Jinsoul that intimidating? 

As she struts out of the store she holds out her hands, “you really think these are good for anything but spending money?” Sooyoung scoffs and rolls her eyes. Jinsoul only continued to show off her nails, sure she was materialistic, it was just a part of her. It makes her extra-extraordinary Jinsoul tells herself. Of course she wasn’t only materialistic, she enjoyed the small things too

Sooyoung points it out, “I don’t know, holding your hand is nice, and you're freakishly good at video games, you probably even know how gigabytes work.” Jinsoul will admit one thing, that made her heart melt. Sure, Jinsoul doesn’t look like she has ever played a video game in her life, and no one would ever guess that her room was totally geek-a-fied. 

Jinsoul would never ever ever admit that deep down inside that she was just like the rest of those greasy losers. But she is, except she was y and gorgeous, with an outstanding sense of style. Oh and she really loves it when Sooyoung talks like a dork, it’s cute. However, a giga-what? What the is that? Jinsoul has no idea what she’s talking about. 

The blonde only smiles and pokes at Sooyoung’s waist who was blushing, “awe babe that was so lame but very sweet!” Jinsoul coos. Prompting Sooyoung’s blush to get deep, “hey let's go in here!”  

A makeup department looked more like Jinsoul’s natural habitat. The blonde hated cliches though, she knew she was the best at video games and could kick everyone’s at trivia night. Her and Sooyoung split while looking at the shelves and counters stock full of the newest makeup. 

Jinsoul is glancing at the eyeshadows, she’s never seen so many shades. Picking out some purples and pinks she skips over to Sooyoung who was looking at lipglosses. Sooyoung picks out a light pink color and shows it to her. 

“What do you think?” Sooyoung asks her and Jinsoul nods towards the mirror for Sooyoung to try it on. “But then we’ll have to buy it.” 

Jinsoul nudges her, “come on, I know it’ll look good.”

Sooyong gives a shy look and opens it up. Jinsoul backs away behind the counter to watch the girl apply it, a bit mesmerized by the site of her lips. Tearing her gaze away she tries to distract herself but then sees a group of guys pointing and checking Sooyoung out. Jinsoul can feel her blood boil as they talk about her. 

They’re making vulgar gestures with their hands and Jinsoul whips back around, Sooyoung had taken her coat off again, leaving her only in her skirt and tank-top. Jinsoul knows exactly where the guys are staring. 

It’s where she wants to stare, but she isn’t a pig. Jinsoul drapes Sooyoung’s coat back over the girl’s shoulders and hugs her from behind. Sooyoung squeaks at the contact and awkwardly holds her hands over Jinsoul’s. “Um Soul?” The blonde squeezes Sooyoung hard and glares at the guys, hoping they’ll go away.

Eventually they get the hint and stumble off, leaving Jinsoul to press her cheek between Sooyoung’s shoulder blades. “What’s all this about?” Sooyoung nervously rambles, and tries to turn in her arms but Jinsoul only whines and keeps holding her. 

“Some icky boys were looking at you and I didn’t like it.” Jinsoul takes a deep breath and pouts, “they were staring at these,” taking her hands that were resting on Sooyoung’s waist she slowly drags them up to the bottom of the older girl’s s. “And that.” Her hands quickly go to pat Sooyoung’s and Jinsoul doesn’t get the full satisfaction of squeezing it.

Sooyoung does spin around that time and smacks Jinsoul’s hands away, “you are such a-”

Jinsoul giggles, “a ert I know but do you blame me?” She says while letting her eyes linger in...particular places. Sooyoung sighs and properly puts her coat on, Jinsoul could tell she liked the compliment. Her body was very telling. 

Sooyoung goes back to applying her lip gloss, while Jinsoul waits and keeps her hands to herself. “Well, what do you think?” 

The older girl smiles for her, fake of course, but the heart attack Jinsoul is having is nothing but real. Jinsoul must look like an idiot, “like it was made for you!” Jinsoul stands perfectly still as Sooyoung giggles and picks five more colors out.

Jinsoul had no problem handing the cash over. 

The blonde tries to go to several more shops but Sooyoung whines and pulls her away from every single one. Claiming that she was shopped-out, Jinsoul was a bit appalled, how could anyone ever get tired of shopping, Jinsoul could do it forever.

As they’re making their way out Jinsoul glares at every guy that gawks at Sooyoung and her long legs, but waves at every girl with a smile on her face. Sooyoung glares at anyone who even dares to look at Jinsoul.

The jealousy rule had already been broken, probably destroyed. Neither of them would call each other out on it however. Sooyoung knew it would be hypocritical, and Jinsoul likes the thought of being Sooyoung’s. 

They pass by the arcade and Jinsoul begs Sooyoung to go in, just as the crossing the entrance the older girl spots a group of people she never wanted to see again, “not tonight princess, maybe next time.” Jinsoul gives her that signature pout and it takes everything within Sooyoung to say no, “I gotta get you home.”

Jinsoul sadly slumps, so Sooyoung throws an arm over her shoulder, “I promise we will go next time, if you want we’ll go a hundred times.” A small smile appears on Jinsoul’s face and it calms Sooyoung in the slightest but she doesn’t miss the way the group of guys in the arcade stare at her. 

She smirks at them and walks Jinsoul out of the mall.

The city is now only moonlite, and with the sun gone, a lot more people wake up. It’s much louder now, music is bouncing from every direction, in front of convenient shops or the corner of the block. Sirens blur in the distance as well. Even with the light gone, the city continues to be bright except with a change of color. 

As they’re walking, elbows locked, Jinsoul spots the venue she’s been at a few times. She’s seen some big artists, and local but slowly her eyes widen at the banner being showcased by a spot light.

Jinsoul drags Sooyoung towards the purple sign, Block-Creative, which also was the center for the radio station with the same name. It was a huge building, with a wide bottom and a small tower above. Jinsoul gasps as she gets closer to the sign, “Sooyoung, oh Sooyoung we have to go!” Jinsoul starts to swing Sooyoung’s arms around as she bounces.

Sooyoung looks at her like she’s crazy but Jinsoul only starts to run in place, “please please please this is like a dream come true!”

“Who is that?”

Jinsoul freezes, “eh?” 

She starts to question if she actually likes Sooyoung or if her brain has gone rotten, “do you actually live under a rock?” Sooyoung frowns at that, Jinsoul releases an exasperated breath, like it was the most obvious thing in the world. “It’s Yukika! She’s coming here! You know? Soul Lady?”

It doesn’t click for Sooyoung and Jinsoul seriously starts to reevaluate everything she has ever felt for Sooyoung. Of course, the older girl oozed swagger and seemed pretty caught up on the trends, but all and all, Sooyoung was just a dork that didn’t have a clue about anything socially adept. 

“Sooyoung, you’re basically committing social suicide here, how do you not know.” 

“Is she like a singer or something?”

Jinsoul deflates, my god how is she falling in love with a total loser? Wait what? Jinsoul flares her nostrils, did her brain seriously just think that? “I mean we can go, I’m sure I’ll like her. You want me to check the date?” Sooyoung’s words go in one ear and out the other because Jinsoul thinks about how she’s committing her own social suicide. Her? Falling for Sooyoung? Quite possibly the biggest (but iest) dweeb known to earth? 

Her falling for Sooyoung? The one person that she swore was her enemy not too long ago but now couldn’t stop thinking about being her lover?

“Come on, it’s getting late and I haven’t done my facial,” Jinsoul blurts out and grabs Sooyoung hand who was still mumbling about the concert. Jinsoul had a bigger problem to solve other than how she was going to afford the ticket, she spent her last dime on buying lipstick for Sooyoung, the girl who her brain just told her she was falling in love with.

They walk in complete silence. Jinsoul rolls over the sentence in her head over and over again. Is she falling in love with Sooyoung? What even was love? Could she be the one? Jinsoul doesn’t even notice Sooyoung pulling her in an alleyway until the brightness of the streets slowly fades away until they’re completely in the dark.

Sooyoung is shooing away some stray cats that meow at her before skittering away. The older girl giggles at them and Jinsoul’s heart flutters. 

Jinsoul is standing there, silent as she’s ever been, because the first time in ever. She isn’t sure of herself. When in her entire life she’s never questioned herself this much. Because when she first saw Sooyoung, she hated her, wanted to make her disappear because she was just like her. Better at the things Jinsoul thought she was the only thing good at.

Now Jinsoul realizes that’s the last thing she wants to do. Because secretly, she was a nerd just like Sooyoung was. And maybe the girl can’t give her the lavish life Jinsoul’s always dreamed about, but the blonde really doesn’t think she’ll ever meet someone that she can be herself around, geek out and fangirl with, and indulge in all her little obsessions without hiding them. Jinsoul can give herself the lavish life, but Sooyoung will be the one she can share it with. 

Jinsoul won’t find someone who fits her perfectly like Sooyoung does. She won’t find no one that she has this much fun with like she does with Sooyoung.. They’re made for each other, Jinsoul thinks. They belong together. 

Oh my god.

She is falling in love with this total loser.

The sweetest, cutest, most bestest loser out there. The loser that literally listens to every word she says and always knows what to say right back. The loser that tries to impress her with practiced charm. That pisses her off but then makes her laugh. Teases her but then makes her swoon. Fills her with a tummy with butterflies, only to make her feel empty when she’s not around. Takes her seriously, appreciates that she is her own person, doesn’t judge her in any way. 

The loser that once told her that she cares about her.

Jinsoul guesses she’s a loser too.

“So how’d I do.” Sooyoung asks shyly as she takes both of Jinsoul’s hands.

“It was amazing, you’re amazing.” 

“Jinsoul.” Sooyoung says her name so carefully, like it was meant to roll off her tongue. The blonde only hums, allowing the older girl to continue, “Are you thinking what I’m thinking?” Jinsoul smiles and her eyes instantly drop to Sooyoung’s lips, sometimes she can still feel hers tingling from the kiss at the festival. 

“If it’s a kiss then yeah, it’s all I ever think about these days.” Jinsoul bites her lip, “you know...kissing you.” She thinks about it, misses it, craves it. Jinsoul wants it. She wants to kiss Sooyoung again and again, so she doesn’t have to memorize how it feels to do so. She wants it to be second nature. “But wouldn’t that be against the rules?” The rules Sooyoung made, the ones Jinsoul agreed to.

God she hates rules.

“If we lean in at the same time it won’t count, if we both break the rules.” And she loves how smart Sooyoung is. She loves her little dork brain, thinking of the best ideas. Jinsoul hopes this kiss is the one, since the last almost killed her. Hopefully this is the one that will finally put her to rest and she won't be wallowing in anguish just thinking about how good it feels to move her lips against Sooyoung’s. Because Jinsoul doesn’t know if she can wait for the next one after this like she did after the one at the festival.

“Just one?” Jinsoul whispers while already leaning in.

Sooyoung’s eyes are dark as a new moon, slowly closing them as she ducks her head down to reach Jinsoul. The blonde keeps her open, just to see the bliss in Sooyoung’s expression, “Yeah, one, so I can sleep tonight.” Jinsoul likes the thought of Sooyoung not being able to sleep because of her. Because the thought of her keeps her up at night. Jinsoul really likes it.

The kiss they share this time is impossible compared to the one they shared at the festival. It’s a short press of their lips together, steady, and so slow it goes against time itself. It’s more than just a kiss really, it’s like they’re sharing a breath. Jinsoul, Sooyoung both wonder how they’re going to breathe without each other when they part.

Sooyoung kisses her bottom lip once and pulls away. It’s not even a fraction of the time they kissed at the festival. But it has Jinsoul just as lightheaded, even spinning harder as it did before. Sooyoung tilts her head and kisses her one last time and rests their foreheads together. Jinsoul has both of her hands on Sooyoung’s tiny waist, while the older girl has her elbows resting on her shoulders. 

Jinsoul opens her eyes and suddenly she knows why Sooyoung’s trembling against her. The girl’s eyes are still closed, but Jinsoul would be lying if she said she didn’t see the conflict etched in Sooyoung’s features. Jinsoul’s shaking because their lips slotted so perfectly together, she can’t convince herself it’s the same reason Sooyoung is. Jinsoul is shaking because she’s never done something so intimate with someone. Just a short kiss, a ghost of a breath, is more intimate than anything Jinsoul has ever done.

She’s starting to think this is Sooyoung’s first time too. 

Except she knows it isn’t. Because then, Sooyoung wouldn’t be this scared of such a sweet kiss that had their lips burning for more. Jinsoul’s starting to get scared too, so she blurts out, “Sooyoung, I don’t wanna just be your friend.” Sooyoung makes a small noise, and Jinsoul’s being pulled to her chest. Jinsoul presses her face against Sooyoung’s skin, and clings onto the heartbeat. The rapid heartbeat pounding against her ear.

“You’ve got to,” It’s such a lie, Jinsoul feels so vulnerable even though it isn’t her heart beating like crazy out in the open. Jinsoul listens to it as it gets louder and louder. 

Jinsoul tries to pull away so she can look into Sooyoung’s eyes but the girl doesn’t let her. “Why? I really like you! I...want this and I know you do too. I know you do Sooyoung!” One of Sooyoung’s drapes across her back, squeezing there, the other is tangled up in her hair and Jinsoul can’t bring herself to care about it being messed up. The feeling of Sooyoung’s blunt nails scraping across is the only thing keeping her from spiraling. 

“I know I’m the one you want.” Jinsoul huffs into Sooyoung’s chest where the rhythm of a heartbeat was still mocking her. Sooyoung shushes her and Jinsoul understands exactly why she’s being held here, Sooyoung couldn’t look her in the eye and deny this feeling. She couldn’t lie straight to Jinsoul’s face that the blonde isn't everything she wants. So she lies like this, and hopes that the drumming in her chest isn’t too obvious.

Sooyoung sighs above her, “It’s not that simple.”

“Then tell me how to make it simple.” Jinsoul says. Determination is the only thing keeping her voice steady. 

“You can’t.” Sooyoung chokes out, “I’m telling you Jinsoul you can’t.” It goes silent then as Jinsoul’s fantasy of a perfect love crumbles. It was all sunshine and rainbows, but Jinsoul realizes, while it’s nothing but a dream for her, Sooyoung is still burdened by a nightmare that she has no idea about. 

Jinsoul won’t give up, but she has to for now. Until she turns that nightmare of Sooyoung’s into a dream like hers. 

“So this is it. I couldn’t live with myself if I hurt a girl like you.” Sooyoung whispers into her hair. 

Jinsoul grumbles, “A girl like me?”

Sooyoung starts to rock them back and forth, “Yeah, a girl that deserves the whole world, deserves a lot more than just me.” Jinsoul crushes her eyebrows together, what a load of bull. It’s only an excuse. 

“You’re all I want Sooyoung, I don’t want the world.” Jinsoul does deserve the whole world, but it isn’t possible for one person to give her that. But she does deserve what she wants, and that girl is standing right here, telling her she can’t have it.

“I-I’m not much of anything.”

Jinsoul is able to push herself away from Sooyoung and the older girl avoids her steely gaze. “You’re everything.” Jinsoul doesn’t know what kind of darkness is clouding Sooyoung’s mind, if it’s doubt, fear, abandonment, hell Jinsoul just doesn’t know. But Sooyoung is not giving her much of an option, how is she supposed to know without being told. How is she supposed to fix this without being told what’s wrong. “Give me a chance.”

“To what? For me to just break your heart?” Sooyoung pleads.

Looking away, Jinsoul admits, “You’re doing that now.” 

Sooyoung reaches out to her and holds her hand, she’s more in pieces than Jinsoul is. “Trust me now...so that you won’t stop trusting me later.” Jinsoul doesn’t like the sound of it, because it makes her believe that she’ll never have a chance with Sooyoung. Jinsoul bites her lip and tears start to swell in her eyes.

“Look at me,” Jinsoul does and she can’t stand how Sooyoung is staring at her, “I want to...but I can’t.” 

“You can’t or you won’t?” 

“I can’t.” 

Jinsoul is crying now, her lip trembling and everything. She knows Sooyoung doesn’t want to hurt her, but not even giving her a chance hurts more. What if Jinsoul was the one that changed Sooyoung’s mind about all this? Jinsoul wasn’t scared, she didn’t fear the future with Sooyoung. She’d accept anything that happens. “You’re such an .” Because no matter what did happen, if it did become Jinsoul’s dream, or if Sooyoung did the same to her as she did to Jiwoo and all those other girls. Jinsoul simply wouldn’t let go of her. She’d figure it out, how to be with Sooyoung, as her lover or not.

She wants to try.

God, she wants to try.

Sooyoung isn’t going to let her.

Because Jinsoul knows now that Sooyoung really cares about her. Or she’d play her like the rest of the girls and take advantage of Jinsoul’s confession. All and all, Jinsoul’s already changing Sooyoung.

“I know baby, I know.” Sooyoung pulls her into another hug and starts talking into her ear, Jinsoul can feel her lips and just reminds her of the kiss. The kiss that sealed her heart into Sooyoung’s hands. “I’ll get you whatever you want, clothes, diamonds, all the shoes you could ever imagine.” Jinsoul cries like a baby,  “A shiny convertible with pink leather seats.” 

That’s what Jinsoul wanted in the past. That’s all people thought she ever wanted. No, she wanted to be in love, like in the movie and books. She wanted to be the one getting Sooyoung that stuff. The one holding her hand and making her happier and happier everyday. 

“But I can’t have you or the dates like tonight or the kisses or the…” Jinsoul whimpers out and she hears Sooyoung sigh sadly. Jinsoul doesn’t want any of it, if it’s not Sooyoung. 

“Don’t say it like that.” 

Jinsoul jerks away dramatically from Sooyoung’s arm and bounces on the ground, “You can’t butter it up in any way, it’s just the cold hard truth!” Jinsoul’s being rejected, she’s the girl that nobody says no to. Jinsoul has the signature pout and everything to stop people from saying no to and now she’s met her match. Of course, her once sworn enemy would be the girl who turns the tables on her. “I can’t believe you're dumping me...I’ve never been dumped in my life.”

She used to be the girl to get everything she wants. 

Now she feels like she has nothing.

“Jinsoul.” Sooyoung begs, and holds out her hands again, the same ones that Jinsoul dreamed of holding all the time. It isn’t the same. Because those hands belonged to the girl who dumped her. 

“Don’t, I-I’m leaving this, this…” Jinsoul picks up her shopping bags, stumbling backwards from the alleyway, “UGH THIS !” 

Jinsoul is completely humiliated and heartbroken, she can’t look at Sooyoung with hurting inside. So she starts to run, the fastest she can in her expensive heels. People stare at her as she rushes down the street, sobbing and swinging her bags all over the place.

She runs all the way home.

Sooyoung stands in the alleyway.

~~~~

I reread this and was very impressed with myself! This never happens...this may or may not be my favorite chapter yet but I really liked it! I hope you guys like it too :D 

Anyways...sorry for the end. Lots of love Mwah