Gonna be the death of me

Pixel Dreams of You

Jinsoul’s already got everything set up waiting for Sooyoung. The chair, a cold beer, and a pocket full of insults. Jinsoul spins around in the arcade chair, staring towards the entrance anticipating the arrival of Sooyoung. 

Some of the boys around stare at her, waiting as well. She and Sooyoung’s kinda gathered a fanbase. Apparently their little spurts of rivalry was entertaining, all though Jinsoul thought it was just straight up annoying. Sometimes she wanted to slam her fist straight into Sooyoung’s mouth.

Speak of the devil the girl comes walking in. Jinsoul lets her jaw gape in the slightest. It’s been a few weeks since the break-up and Sooyoung’s been more persistent when stopping by, their routine was becoming solid. Except for today, when usually Sooyoung appears in a wrinkled checkered shirt and a bunched up tie all covered by an old brown jacket. She looked better than Jinsoul would ever admit.

Today she was dressed a little more professional. Jinsoul looks down at her own attire, some baggy overalls and a striped t-shirt. Heels click up towards her and Jinsoul slowly glances up with a lump in . Sooyoung doesn’t have her glasses on today, her features are sharp due to the excess makeup when she’s usually light on it. 

Her voice is as smooth as ever and Jinsoul feels her ears turning red, “hey princess.” Sooyoung smirks and Jinsoul zones in on red glossy lips. Her whole face follows her ears and soon she’s redder than Sooyoung’s fancy blazer with the shoulder pads.

“Do you always have to be so weird?” Jinsoul grumbles and turns away, too embarrassed by Sooyoung’s soft laugh.

“Come on I know you like it when I call you that.” Sooyoung teases and Jinsoul glares at her while standing up. The girl in front of her looks too good and she thinks she’s made a mistake by being here today. Sooyoung loosens the gawky belt tied around her waist that was complimenting her figure. She shuffles off the blazer to reveal a silky shirt tucked into a work skirt that hangs past Sooyoung’s knees. 

Jinsoul chews on her lip as her eyes wander to places they shouldn’t. Sooyoung’s legs were long....and the bit that showed looked so smooth and Jinsoul found herself wanting to see for herself if Sooyoung’s skin was as silky as her shirt. Her eyes focus on one area in particular. 

The blonde hums a satisfied tune to herself. She’d have to thank god later for letting tight clothes become a trend. Because Sooyoung’s was-

Sooyoung clears and Jinsoul knows she’s been caught, but she doesn’t move her gaze. It was a nice sight and she wouldn’t deny that she was checking Sooyoung’s assets out. Watching Sooyoung squirm under her stare Jinsoul allows her eyes to climb back up, the girl’s sleeves were now rolled so she could see the thin gold watch on her wrist. Sooyoung liked accessories, rings, and the gold chain on her neck. The tiny hoops in her ears.

Oh and Sooyoung had a natural accessory as well at the moment. Her cheeks were bright red when Jinsoul’s eyes finally met her face. Jinsoul smiles sweetly, “you look nice today.”

Sooyoung tugs at the collar of her shirt and Jinsoul realizes she isn’t the only one feeling hot in this arcade, “thanks.” Sooyoung replies shyly, turning back to the game she was already playing. Jinsoul leans onto it as Sooyoung goes to sit in her chair. Crossing her legs with the straightest posture Jinsoul’s ever seen. 

Jinsoul lets herself be a fan girl a bit, Sooyoung looked straight out of a magazine sitting there. It was like she was posing for a photoshoot and Jinsoul’s head spins at the fact that Sooyoung looks so elegant while doing something so lame. It’s probably because she could pass as a model. “I had a meeting today, couldn’t half anything, not even my fit.” Sooyoung explains to her but Jinsoul only thinks that the girl looks good all the time. 

The blonde reaches down for the beer and opens it before handing it to Sooyoung, “yeah? How’d it go?” The girl accepts it gratefully and gives Jinsoul a smile for thanks. The blonde likes how Sooyoung’s hair is styled today and suddenly has the urge to play with it...so she does.

Sooyoung chokes on her beer and Jinsoul snorts. Sooyoung sure did like to tease but she couldn’t handle the slightest bit of Jinsoul’s touchiness. She couldn’t dish it out like she gave it. Sooyoung glances up shyly, “g-good.” Jinsoul twirls some of Sooyoung’s hair and the girl nervously rambles out, “you look um nice too.”

Jinsoul lips form a lop-sided grin, “thanks, I know.” The older girl shudders at the confidence and tries to ignore how nice Jinsoul’s hands feel in her hair.

An hour later, the consequences of skipping lunch come to haunt Sooyoung. Her belly rumbles and she pouts up at Jinsoul who’s going to town on Dig Dug. After teaching Jinsoul how to play it the blonde has been obsessed with it, even more so than Q*bert. “Hey barbie, let’s make a bet.”

Jinsoul ignores her at first so Sooyoung pokes at her side, making the blonde squirm and throw a kick at her. Sooyoung simply dodges it as Jinsoul groans, “leave me alone I’m busy.”

“Let’s make a bet.” Sooyoung repeats but Jinsoul acts as if she doesn’t exist. So she pulls on her ear.

“Stop it you freak!” The blonde whines and pushes her away.

Sooyoung smirks as the blonde was clearly getting riled up, “you have cute ears you know.”

“Shut. Up.”

Jinsoul’s irritated as hell at Sooyoung and is about to snap if the girl doesn’t leave her alone. But Sooyoung leans down, way too close and her red lips are right next to her ear. Jinsoul’s so focused on the warm breath and the chills it gives her to notice the hand slipping over the controls of the game. “Make me.” Jinsoul sharply inhales but she blows steam seeing that Sooyoung had only tricked her into losing the game.

Raising her hands up to strangle Sooyoung she stops herself and clenches her fist, so tight it hurts especially when Sooyoung gives her that teasing smirk. “What on earth could you possibly want?” Jinsoul asks her and doesn’t miss the way Sooyoung’s eyes flicker down to her lips for a split second.

“Let’s make a bet, I’m hungry, the winner buys dinner.” 

Jinsoul glares at her for a second and then mumbles out, “as if I’d ever have dinner with you.”

“You will once it’s free.” 

“Ugh no!”

“Come on barbie jus-” Sooyoung starts out but is quickly cut off by a deeper voice.

“You ladies looking for a challenge?”

They both turn to a greasy looking boy. He smirks at the two of them and his friends nervously sway behind him. Sooyoung quickly goes to stand in front of Jinsoul, not liking how the leader of the stank pack is staring at the blonde. Sooyoung raises a brow, “what kinda challenge we talking here?”

The boy giggles and it sounds kinda like a pig with how much he snorts. Sooyoung grimaces in disgust, “me and the fair...beautiful...madam behind you, one on one,” Jinsoul has to cover from puking, or maybe laughing. Sooyoung doesn’t know for sure but she let’s her eyes narrow since this guy was a straight up creep. He was talking like he lived and breathed dungeons and dragons. “Street fighter best out of five.” 

Okay, Jinsoul was pretty good at that game, much better than Sooyoung was. Jinsoul perks up from behind Sooyoung and leans forward to rest her chin on top of the girl’s shoulder. Sooyoung tenses up at first, having Jinsoul so close to her, but relaxes a second later and leans back into the blonde. “So what’s the catch.” Jinsoul asks. Her chin rubbing against Sooyoung’s shoulder as she speaks.

The boy smiles and Sooyoung swears she can smell his breath from here...it reeks like unwashed cheeks. “If I win she has to go on a date with me.” Sooyoung shivers, yeah no way in ing hell is she letting Jinsoul take this bet.

“Jinsoul let’s just-”

“And if I win?” The blonde asks innocently and Sooyoung doesn’t know whether she should be mad at the fact that Jinsoul isn’t listening to her or being reasonable or that she’s so cute when she flutters her eyelashes like that.

“Whatever you want my fair lady.” Sooyoung’s about to knock this guy’s glasses off...she doesn’t like how Jinsoul smiles and gives into whatever sick fantasy in his head. She doesn’t like how Jinsoul didn’t immediately refuse, she doesn’t like how jealous she’s getting.

Over some weirdo who probably jacks off every night to the bikini issue of Sports Illustrated. Sooyoung was one hundred times hotter and better than him...so why was she getting so tore up that Jinsoul was giving the slightest bit of attention to him.

Sooyoung’s eyes widen.

Oh no.

Jinsoul shuffles around her, “what’s in your pocket.” The boy smirks ertedly and Jinsoul’s quick to shut it down , “money like...how money you got.” Sooyoung calms down a little bit when she hears Jinsoul mumble freak under her breath.

The boy pulls out his wallet and checks, “forty seven dollars.” Jinsoul smiles evilly.

“Oh your so on…”

~~~~

First round goes to freak face, second goes to Jinsoul. Sooyoung stands by chewing on her nails nervously as the blonde curses the boy up and down while playing. Jinsoul gets too worked up and forgets to play sometimes while the boy eats it right up, playing along by saying below the belt things to her. Sooyoung knows when Jinsoul gets mad, the blonde can’t really function properly.

Still she can’t get over how attractive it is when Jinsoul gets mad. Her jaw clenches and tightens...her eyes go into a dangerous glare while her eyebrows know along with the puff of her cheeks. Sooyoung wouldn’t deny she pisses the blonde off on purpose.

“UGH YOU FREAKING CHEATER!” Jinsoul squeals and slams on the buttons.

The boy snorts, “or maybe you’re just slow, would make sense you know...cause you’re just a stupid blonde.” Jinsoul tenses and the boy lands a killing blow, letting the boy take the third round. It’s getting bad and Sooyoung pays close attention to the way the boy rakes his eyes over Jinsoul. Even if he did win Sooyoung would make sure he wouldn’t step a foot towards Jinsoul.

Still, she wants Jinsoul to win because she knows how happy the girl gets when she proves herself against the world. It brings nothing but a smile to her face when the blonde gets overly excited and bounces around.

Sooyoung knows Jung Jinsoul is a whole lot more than what she seems...and even then Jinsoul is everything.

So she wants her to realize that, no matter what it takes. Jinsoul is about to launch onto the boy with her fist already raised. Xiaojun, Jinsoul’s little friend has informed Sooyoung before that the girl has a hobby of fighting anything or anyone she doesn’t like. Sooyoung stops it before Jinsoul ends up breaking the freak's face into something uglier.

Pulling onto the blonde’s wrist she takes them away from the crowd of boys cheering on their creepy friend. The arcade is blasting listen to your heart making the whole situation more dramatic than it is and the lights were getting brighter since outside was getting darker. It smelt horrible, like soda and body odor, but Sooyoung can still smell Jinsoul’s sweet perfume over it all. 

Jinsoul’s attention is pinpointed on the boy so Sooyoung swallows down the nerves and pats on the blonde’s head, instantly tensing up at how soft her hair is. “Who’s a good girl?” Jinsoul furrows her brows but doesn’t look at her yet. Sooyoung will have to try harder, the best way to get Jinsoul’s attention is either by being annoying or fawning over her. Sooyoung had too much dignity(and anxiety) to do the latter, yet here she was. “Are you a good girl Jinsoul?” 

She can see the red creep on Jinsoul’s face and the blonde finally turns to her. The angry expression turns into something Sooyoung’s never seen before. She’s not for sure what Jinsoul is feeling right now but now that she’s got her focus she rubs more surely, even slipping her fingers into blonde silk. “Yeah you are…such a good girl.” 

Jinsoul’s eyes are a bit wide and her eyebrows are turned up. Sooyoung isn’t sure if she liked it or if it’s the worst thing ever to Jinsoul. “I’m not a ing dog you weirdo.” Okay maybe Sooyoung didn’t know how to be affectionate to a human being but she was trying. She knows what that expression is now. Jinsoul thought she was bat crazy.

The pout on the girl’s lips are too much and Sooyoung groans out, “then stop barking so damn much.” Jinsoul knows what she means. That she didn’t know how to shut the hell up when playing, that she should focus solely on the game and nothing else.

Jinsoul gives her a grumpy look, but to Sooyoung it’s the cutest thing she’s ever seen. “Would you rather me start biting then?” Sooyoung’s face drops and the blonde starts to whine, “seriously Sooyoung you’re a witness, he’s been saying awful things to me what am I supposed to do?”

Sooyoung brings her hands down to cup Jinsoul’s cheeks and she’s afraid she’s overstepped boundaries when eyebrows dart down. But Jinsoul not seconds after relaxes and leans further into her touch. “He’s so mean Sooyoung.” Sooyoung thinks she might die, Jinsoul’s cheeks squish perfectly between her palms and she can’t help but squeeze just to make sure they’re really that soft.

“I know, it kills me to stand by and let him say those things but…” Sooyoung pulls her hands together making Jinsoul’s cheeks puff up and the girl pouts. Okay yeah Sooyoung may or may not die soon. “Let’s wait till after you win to kick him in the nuts okay? If we do it now it’ll just give him another reason to think he’s better than you if you’re a sore loser.” 

Jinsoul understands but still lets out a pitiful sound so Sooyoung pulls her face back up when it droops down. “Listen you’re the best player here, hell in all of this city, you’re not gonna let some dweeb step all over you are ya?” Jinsoul shakes her head seriously and Sooyoung smiles, “good so you’re gonna win this and show everyone just how amazing you are.” 

The blonde’s eyes sparkle a bit and there’s a certain fondness to them that overwhelms Sooyoung. Jinsoul pushes her hands off her face and Sooyoung is shocked when she’s pulled into a tight hug. Jinsoul’s face is shoved into her chest and the blonde curls into her. Like the idiot she is Sooyoung doesn’t even hug back. Her hands freeze mid air as Jinsoul squeezes around her waist and deeply inhales. A satisfied hum vibrates against her chest and it creates an unexplainable warmth around Sooyoung’s heart.

Jinsoul pulls back, hands gripping her sides. “I like you a lot more when you’re not trying to be so cool.” Sooyoung raises a brow and Jinsoul giggles, “is it okay if I look at you everytime I get mad?” Sooyoung nods dumbly and the blonde runs off. Already cursing at the boy again, but this time it’s under control.

The fourth round starts and Sooyoung stands idly by as Jinsoul plays. The blonde is focused now and Sooyoung couldn’t be more proud. The boy still throws things out, especially when Jinsoul lands a deadly combo with Chun Li. The blonde’s jaw clenches but quickly looks at Sooyoung who gives her a soft smile and thumbs up.

Jinsoul smirks and finishes the game quickly. The boy malfunctions and keeps mashing the buttons even though his character is K.O’d. Sooyoung holds her arms out, expecting another hug, but Jinsoul only blinks clearly amused. Sooyoung plays it off acting like she’s stretching and Jinsoul giggles and rolls her eyes. 

The fifth round ends as quickly as the fourth and Jinsoul laughs like an evil maniac as the bills are folding into her palm. The blonde turns to Sooyoung and tilts her head with a bright smile, “you know...dinner doesn’t sound so bad right now.” Sooyoung matches her smile seconds after and Jinsoul sighs, “buuuut right after I do this.” She turns and aims her foot right and slams the edge of her sneaker right into the freak face’s junk.

His money isn’t the only thing he lost.

~~~~

Sooyoung tells her they’re going somewhere fancy.

Jinsoul sticks her tongue out as she counts her bills for the fifth time. “Good job winning us that money.” Sooyoung says. Jinsoul pauses in her step, stopping in the middle of the sidewalk and ignoring the people irritated she disrupted the flow of traffic. Sooyoung stops a little ways ahead of her, one of her hands stuck into her pocket and the other slinging her red blazer over her shoulder.

“Us? As far as I know...this is my money.”Jinsoul says seriously, pulling the bills towards herself and shaking her head with an attitude. Sooyoung rolls her eyes and turns to continue walking. Jinsoul groans and chases after her. Sooyoung doesn’t pay attention to her as she lists out the things she wants to buy with her whopping forty-seven dollars. Jinsoul gets annoyed that Sooyoung is ignoring her after being so sweet at the arcade but continues to follow her despite having no idea where the girl is taking her.

Jinsoul mentions something about getting a new pair of jeans and shouts when Sooyoung changes her direction, “hey!” The girl crosses the street without even checking if Jinsoul was following her. But Jinsoul does, because she doesn’t like how lonely it is when she isn’t with Sooyoung. This girl was burning up her time nowadays, unlike any other friend Jinsoul’s ever had.

She grimaces at the thought of being friends. God, she was even thinking nicely about Sooyoung after so long of trying not to. “Are you even listening to me?” Jinsoul asks the taller girl and feels her blood boil when Sooyoung turns to her finally.

“Hmm did you say something?” Jinsoul clenches her fists and glares at the girl walking faster than her. She’s been talking this whole time and Sooyoung chooses to ignore her existence for  no reason except to annoy her. 

Crossing her arms she decides to just shut up since there was no point anyways. When she’s too preoccupied staring at her shoes, Jinsoul squeaks when her elbow is pulled roughly. She grumbles and fights against Sooyoung’s hold until she realizes she’s in a restaurant.  

Or...a cheap buffet. 

Dim lighting(except for the buzzing hot food neon sign), a pungent smell, tired looking workers. A few lone eaters, it was an absolute hole. Jinsoul stares at a lone lobster crawling around on the ground before a worker stops and throws it back into the tank. Cross that, they were in another universe.

“I thought we were going somewhere fancy?”

“We are...buffets don’t get better than this one.” Sooyoung says innocently, “see they even have lobsters.” Jinsoul makes sure Sooyoung isn’t being sarcastic by giving her a questionable look, but no the girl was dead serious. “You’re paying right?” Jinsoul narrows her eyes further. She was not spending her hard earned cash at Planet Food. The smelly space themed buffet.

But Sooyoung is persistent. “We can both eat until we explode and you’ll have enough money to buy those jeans you were talking about.” See that’s one thing Jinsoul hates about Sooyoung, that she listens carefully while pretending she’s not. Sooyoung doesn’t look at her or even acknowledges her presence but somehow remembers the little things. 

“They won’t fit after this…”

“Of course they will, they’ll just be a bit tight.”

Jinsoul rolls her eyes as Sooyoung gets the attention of a waiter, they go to their seats and are given some plates. After Jinsoul stacks her plate high with noodles and tteokbokki she comes back to sit seeing that Sooyoung’s plate is full of chicken. Sooyoung smiles at her, “knew you were a noodle girl.” Jinsoul grimaces when Sooyoung takes a big bite out of the chicken, grossed out by the lack of manners. 

She glares at the girl across from her chowing down on some chicken. Jinsoul takes a bite of her noodles and moans. “Holy these are amazing.” Jinsoul gasps and digs her chopsticks back in. Sooyoung proudly smiles with a mouthful of chewed up meat as Jinsoul slurps the out of some questionably delicious noodles and rice cakes. 

Jinsoul is halfway through her plate when she hears a giggle from across the table. Looking up she slurps down a mouthful of noodles and knots her brows. “Hmph wha is it.” Jinsoul asks the girl almost choking on her food from trying not to laugh.

Sooyoung waves her off but Jinsoul kicks her under the table making Sooyoung’s eyes pop out from pain. The girl swallows down her food and grabs her injured shin, “n-nothing it’s n…” Sooyoung starts out and begins to laugh again, “it’s just you eat so aggressively.” Sooyoung cracks up as Jinsoul’s features continue to be straight laced, she’s not amused at all. Sooyoung was such a jerk. 

“Do you know when you take a bite your eyes get really wide and-here let me just show you.” Jinsoul gives her a death glare as Sooyoung mimics her eating habits. The girl across the table takes a big bite while opening her eyes up really wide. Sooyoung can’t even finish chewing as she starts to laugh.

“Do that ever again and I’ll kill you.” 

Sooyoung giggles and of course repeats the action, making fun of her. Jinsoul can feel her tummy twirl in embarrassment and her face heats up. “Sooyoung.” Her eyes twitch as she groans out the name and the girl grabs her stomach from laughing so hard. Jinsoul hates being mocked, especially by Sooyoung. 

The girl across from her holds up her hand, blocking out her death glare. “Stop looking at me like that!” Sooyoung whines and Jinsoul breaks into a smile. Ugh, why was her voice so cute when she did that. 

“I’m gonna kill you.” Jinsoul repeats, because she really might just do it. There’s something dangerous in the way Sooyoung makes her feel so Jinsoul has to destroy it before it consumes her...or even worse. Hurts her. It’s illegal how cute Sooyoung’s smile is, how addicting it is hearing her laugh even when Jinsoul’s the of the joke. But she can’t help it. She really does admire this girl. Sooyoung’s one of those bad things that feels so good.

But Jinsoul’s always been one to make bad choices.

Sooyoung calms down but her cheeks are still stretched by that perfect smile, Jinsoul can’t stop glancing down at chicken grease covered lips. “There’s people watching, are you sure?” 

Jinsoul nods surely, “I don’t care, next thing you know they’ll be serving Sooyoung at the dessert bar.” 

“Oh I’m sure you’d love a piece.” Sooyoung teases as Jinsoul groans in response. The girl starts to laugh again and Jinsoul can’t help but join in. 

“God I can’t stand you.” Jinsoul tells her seriously and she can’t. Sooyoung makes her tummy and chest feel funny. It’s something Jinsoul’s never experienced in her life. She can’t stand it the way Sooyoung’s got such a hold on her. It’s always the other way around for Jinsoul. She’s the one in control but Sooyoung makes her wanna give it all away. 

Jinsoul shyly looks down at her hands in her lap, twiddling her fingers. Why was her heart racing so damn fast? This was so stupid...maybe it’s because Sooyoung was so annoying.

Below the table she feels something rub against her calf, she realizes it’s Sooyoung. Jinsoul blushes widly, getting so worked up over an innocent game as footsie was. But what she didn’t know was the much more dangerous game Sooyoung was building. She doesn’t know because she doesn’t catch the bite of Sooyoung’s lip or the soft groan that comes out of the girl’s mouth when Jinsoul’s gasps at the minor contact under the table. Jinsoul’s too focused on staring at her sweaty hands clasped together.

“Tell me something you like.”

Jinsoul looks up at the question and stares into Sooyoung’s soft black eyes. She finds herself getting lost in them.

You. The way you look at me.

She clears before answering, “I like fashion. It’s kinda a comfort thing for me.” Jinsoul has always liked clothes, since her first pair of boots to her most recent turtleneck. She likes that if she really wanted to, she could keep any of her clothes forever. The longer she has them the more she falls in love with them and the harder it is to part with them. Even though they may no longer fit or are too torn to be wearable she still hated to throw something out. 

There’s this one sweater she adores. It’s old and stretched, not as pretty as when she first got it several years ago. But it’s soft and she has a lot of memories with it. She remembers it was the only sweater she had for a few months and she’d get made fun of for wearing it so much. But Jinsoul loved it and she didn’t mind that it had a few tears in it’s fabric.

Sure, the new feeling when she goes shopping is a different kinda love. But she loves that sweater like no other. 

She wants to find that kinda love in a person.

Jinsoul asks Sooyoung the same thing and the girl smirks before glancing around, “I think I’m addicted to candy.” Sooyoung answers and Jinsoul agrees, she always sees either a er hanging from the girl's lips, or a piece of gum stuck between her teeth when she gives her that arrogant smile. Jinsoul doesn’t know how Sooyoung’s teeth are still that white and shiny after all that sugar. Maybe it’s because she’s an avid brusher and gets rid of the lingering taste every night before bed.

Sooyoung likes to eat candy without even checking the wrapper, opening it straight up to stick into . She likes the surprise of flavor and textures with every and bite.

She likes candy that doesn’t last too long, it’s a short-lived sweetness that leaves her warm and wanting more. Maybe a new flavor, sour, sweeter, or maybe even bitter. It’s that tiny moment of satisfaction that leaves her coming back for more. But she hates when candy doesn’t melt on her tongue quick enough, when the same taste sticks around too long, it’s boring and a bit irritating. It leaves her teeth aching and she doesn’t eat for a while, until the craving comes back full force.Then she finds a new piece that’s sweeter than ever before.

It’s the same way she likes women. Sweet but never lasting. But sometimes they become bitter and linger too long.

Sooyoung doesn’t think she’ll ever have a favorite candy.

Jinsoul watches closely as Sooyoung flags a server down asking for a check, she goes to get her winning money but the girl in front of her already slides a bill down. Jinsoul quirks a brow up and shivers when Sooyoung locks their calves together under the table. She doesn’t know why it feels like they’ve done this before. Sooyoung's touch used to make her feel uncomfortable but now it’s safe...even though her heart still beats at a dangerous pace.

“Let’s get you to your doll house barbie.” 

Jinsoul’s a bit skeptical so she tries to make Sooyoung leave her behind at the train station, but the girl is persistent. Telling her it’s too dark for a girl like her to walk alone. Jinsoul wants to tell her she’s had a fair share of busting creeps to pieces, but she also likes Sooyoung’s company. So she silently lets the girl lead her into one of the cars.

When they get on the shaky train the older girl pulls her to a seat, since Jinsoul had a hard time navigating through the rumbles at first. It reminds her of the first night they met, when even she was giving Sooyoung a piece of her mind, the girl still reached out to help her.

Jinsoul is sitting a little ways away, staring at Sooyoung’s profile. It’s attractive, the dip of her nose and the curve of her jawline. So much so that Sooyoung feels the eyes boring into her cheek. The older girl has her head leaned back and peaks an eye open. Jinsoul frowns at the snort Sooyoung lets out, soon the girl is putting up her hand, “take a picture, it'll last longer.” Sooyoung mumbles.

The blonde chooses to be silent, so of course Sooyoung keeps running . “Kinda like the first time we met huh, except you're less annoying.” Sooyoung laughs at her blank expression. “Whaaa don’t give me that look, just saying, you were like,obsessed with me.” Jinsoul swallows tightly, it was nothing but obsession, now she’s not sure what it is that draws her to Sooyoung. “The silence was very nice at first but now you’re creeping me out.” Sooyoung sighs out and stares at her with a raised brow. Jinsoul’s never been this quiet, but her thoughts are so loud she doesn’t know what to say.

So she just voices them. “I was.” Jinsoul admits something she promised she wouldn’t. “I’ve been obsessed with you from the moment I saw your score.” Sooyoung’s smirk drops and she turns her full undivided attention to her. A stark contrast(and similarity) from the first night. “I was jealous of you, at first only because that you were better than me at the game I love.” Jinsoul mumbles, twiddling her fingers together. “But after I met you I was jealous over everything about you. You’re everything I want to be.”

Sooyoung is giving her a strange look, so Jinsoul continues. “You seem so sure of yourself and you know exactly what you're worth.” 

“When my whole life I’ve been trying to prove mine...when I really don’t even know myself.” Jinsoul let’s a bit of vulnerability show. She’s never thought highly of herself. All though it seems she has a mountain high confidence. She thinks if she proves to someone she’s worth it, maybe she’ll feel that way too. “That’s why I got so angry at you in the beginning, cause you treated me the way I see myself. Not worth a second of anyone’s time because I’m so...you know.” Clutters of negative words appear in her thoughts, but all she can do is look at Sooyoung.

Jinsoul sighs and breaks the eye contact they’re having. That’s the thing about Sooyoung, she makes Jinsoul feel like she’s worth a bit of time. “It killed me that you wanted nothing to do with me, when all I had been thinking about was you you you.” Jinsoul giggles to herself and closes her eyes, “I liked the thought of becoming friends with you and playing together. But it also scared me, because what if you didn’t want that.” Jinsoul’s thankful that wasn’t the case, “You really were everything I imagined, but you hadn’t imagined me at all.” 

She looks over at Sooyoung and the girl has a locked jaw. Some emotion in her eye that Jinsoul can’t pinpoint on. She doesn’t know what Sooyoung’s hiding, or if she’s not hiding anything at all. That all her assumptions are right, but it shouldn’t matter now. Because Sooyoung’s right here, in front of her. “I was only a ‘cause nothing I said affected you, it was the only way to get you to pay attention to me.” 

Jinsoul smiles and reaches over to grab Sooyoung’s wrist, squeezing it. Letting her know she’s telling the truth. “I don’t actually hate you.” She sees something similar to relief cross Sooyoung’s face, “I just like seeing that you don’t really want me too.” Sooyoung’s the type of person that everyone likes, and Jinsoul’s afraid that she’ll be the one that Sooyoung doesn’t like back. However, it’s been nothing but reassuring however, seeing how hard Sooyoung tries to get Jinsoul to like her.

“Thanks for sticking around and being nice to me Sooyoung.”

The blonde pulls away her hand, loosening her grip. But Sooyoung grabs it back and holds on tightly. “You know Jinsoul, I had no intention of ever coming back to that arcade.” Sooyoung tells her and Jinsoul relishes how soft the girl’s palm is against her wrist. “But I couldn’t stop thinking about you either.” Jinsoul blushes deeply and turns away shyly. “There’s something about you.” Jinsoul’s eyes sparkle into Sooyoung’s and they forget about the weird man laying on the floor down the car. They can only see each other. To Sooyoung, Jinsoul’s a strange foreign feeling to her. “Thank you...for being honest.”

A flavor Sooyoung’s never had before.

Something that she doesn’t mind if it sticks around for too long.

Maybe forever.

~~~~

Somehow, Sooyoung’s blazer gets stuck over her shoulders. Jinsoul has her hands in the pockets, feeling all the old candy wrappers and a lighter or two. It’s not chilly, but Sooyoung seemed to notice the goosebumps on her arms.

They walk through one of the neighborhoods on the outskirts of the city. Brick buildings and townhouses repeat every so often. Street lamps either flicker or buzz, too dull to be considered aid to light up the dark sidewalks. Jinsoul counts the cracks in pavement as she steps over them, and hears the faint splash of water from a gutter nearby.

She’s close to her home, close enough to see that her sister is bopping around in her room due to shadow against the window.

Jinsoul stops them there and slips off the blazer, the walk had been quiet. Both of them too caught up in their thoughts to make sense of them. The new found confessions have both of them trying to figure out what to do next. Jinsoul doesn’t know if she should go back to pretending to hate Sooyoung, or not pretending at all.

“Thanks, loser. I’ll see you around.” Jinsoul says softly into the night air and turns to leave Sooyoung behind. But she’s stopped when Sooyoung grabs the back of her overalls and drags her back. Sooyoung wasn’t ready to leave this night behind...not yet.

Jinsoul huffs and turns around before pushing Sooyoung off of her, irritated at the man-handling. “Can I have your number barbie?” Sooyoung’s really tall in those heels and Jinsoul has to tilt her head up to make eye contact. Sooyoung’s. The older girl’s stare is warm, and longing. Like she’s eager to see more of the blonde, she wants more. There’s not enough of this sweet flavor. 

It’s like there’s cheesy rom-com music being played by the universe right now. But Jinsoul snorts and takes the record of the turntable and smashes it against the nearest wall. “No.”

Sooyoung’s stare softens and she even pouts up. Even though it’s adorable it doesn’t change Jinsoul’s mind. Not even when Sooyoung whines, “huh?”

“No Sooyoung, you may not have my number.”

The older girl seems confused, as if she’s never been rejected before. As if that’s the stupidest thing that could ever happen...if it was even possible for her to get rejected. Ha Sooyoung never gets blown off, she’s always the one to do that. 

So Jinsoul spells it out for her, so it makes more sense. That it’s totally possible that she won’t get what she wants, “N-O...here want me to say it in italian too? No.” 

Sooyoung becomes like a little baby, ready to throw it’s tantrum. “Come on don’t be like that I want your number.”

Jinsoul crosses her arms, “and I want a tommy dress but we can’t always have the things we want.”

The older girl bounces on her feet and down turns her lips. Slumping fully over so that she’s face to face with Jinsoul. “Pleaseee.” 

“Why? So you can be weird and call me in the middle of the night to ask me if my refrigerator is running?” Sooyoung laughs at that and swings around, amused but also tore up that Jinsoul is being so stubborn. “Seriously. I’m not risking it for you to be annoying and run my phone bill up.”

Sooyoung smiles and claps her hands together, pulling them to her chest in a pretty please pose. The older girl even tilts her head and flutters her eyelashes, “but what if I wanna see you? Or just talk.”

Jinsoul starts to back away, “you know where to find me.”

Sooyoung follows after her, “what if you’re not there?”

The blonde shrugs, “not my problem.”

“Ugh Jinsoul you’re gonna be the death of me.”

Not if you don’t kill me first Sooyoung.

“Goodnight Sooyoung, see ya soon.”

“When is soon?”

Jinsoul rolls her eyes, god this girl is persistent, but she can’t deny. She loves how eager Sooyoung is to see her again. She loves how Sooyoung wants to see her again...soon at that. “Next saturday.”

Sooyoung shakes her head seriously, “not soon enough.”

Jinsoul groans, “can’t help it babe, I got a life.” Sooyoung bites her lip at the pet name and stops following after Jinsoul, thinking that she’ll finally leave her alone for the night. Sooyoung softly groans and begins walking backwards, making Jinsoul stop to watch her go.

It’s always weirdly painful watching Sooyoung leave.

“Fine.” Sooyoung growls and shakes her head. Upset that she wasn’t given more candy to chew on. Jinsoul waves sarcastically at Sooyoung and goes to spin on her heel before a series of numbers is called out to her. She freezes and listens to everyone of them, soon realizing it’s Sooyoung’s number. “Better remember that.” Sooyoung commands and Jinsoul rolls her eyes dramatically, “I know you will...see ya soon princess.”

Sooyoung does leave then, turning and walking down into the darkness.

Jinsoul turns and races to her house. As she’s ripping her sneakers off another body appears in front of her. She looks up and groans when she sees her mom's sparkling eyes. She knows exactly what she’s gonna ask, “who’s your friend sweetie?” Jinsoul blushes, that knowing tone of her mother’s kills her.

“A friend mom.”

Her mom makes a tiny noise of happiness, “hmmm a Yoojung friend or a,” please don’t say that name please don’t say that name, “Xiaowei kinda friend.” Jinsoul looks up with a death glare and a grimace as her mother wiggles her brows. 

“A friend mom, just a friend.” Jinsoul groans and pushes past her mother. She ignores her name being called out and skips up the stairs. 

That sweater Jinsoul was talking about? Yeah the one she couldn’t ever let go? That was her sweater. It leaves a sick feeling in her tummy. But she ignores that feeling and fishes for her diary.

Beside of Sooyoung’s picture in her diary...she’s not getting into the reason why a picture of Sooyoung is in there. She writes down the digits that were just relayed to her. For well...

No reason why.

~~~~

An alarm pierces through Sooyoung’s dream of red and blue. Flashing neon lights and 8bit tracks all surround the familiar flow of blonde...her eyes crack open, pissed that she couldn’t live in the fantasy forever. Sooyoung slings her arm over to slam her fist down onto the annoying clock. 7:30 every morning Monday-Saturday...she’d only have to work till Friday if she got everything done in time. 

She used to love it (she still does), creating her own little worlds through coding. Controlling movement with her own hands and made up numbers. Her favorite part was the painting, doodling, just drawing her ideas onto paper. Bringing them to life with textured lines and color. Sooyoung could do whatever she wanted in those worlds...be whoever she wanted.

When Sooyoung first started working she was given a lot of freedom and helped develop a hit game. Only for her name not to be in the credits. The big corporate guy saw her potential and how imaginative she was and made her the creative director of this new game they were doing. Oh, she was also the head in the software development.. and the coding.

Sooyoung felt like she couldn’t breathe, because she had to make sure everyone else had enough air before she could check for herself.

Sure it was still fun, but there were too many deadlines, not enough time to think outside of the box. It was this and that, to that and this. It was about the money now and Sooyoung liked being paid, but she liked being happy too.

She used to be, when she was eager to graduate and show her worth. Only for it to be poured down the drain. She lost her passion almost a year ago when all this had started.

So she tried finding it again by doing what she loved the most. What started it all. Playing games late into the night at the arcade. Instead she found Jung Jinsoul, who wasn’t exactly what she was looking for. 

But just what she needed.

Jinsoul made her feel worth it and Sooyoung knew that was a dangerous feeling to have. She shouldn’t feel that good when that girl smiles at her. 

The blonde had that cheerfulness that she wishes she had. She isn’t afraid of being exactly who she is. It makes Sooyoung feel safe, and makes her feel alive. Being around her was like having one of those energy pills but after Sooyoung would part she’d noticed that most of the stress that was weighted upon her shoulders had vanished and she’d become more relaxed than if she had a couple hits from a bong. 

Sooyoung can’t ruin this.

Jinsoul’s too good of a friend.

So she turns to the girl beside her who groans at being awakened. Sooyoung smirks and kisses her lazily on her lips before slipping out of the warmth and into her chilly bedroom. As she slips her underwear back on she snorts at something the girl mumbles underneath the sheets and heads to the bathroom.

After a quick shower she fixes her hair and starts to brush her teeth. Sooyoung stares at her own body through the mirror, she might need to up her diet again. She doesn’t know how she’s gotten skinnier when she eats donuts every night before bed. 

Tracing the outlines of her waist she pokes at a memory.

It’s a nasty scar that stretches across the left side of her rib cage right under her . It’s deep and rugged, pale and thinner than the rest of her skin around it. Sooyoung pauses brushing her teeth, digging her finger tip into the scar, suddenly aware of the screws and plate in her jaw from when it was broken. 

She looks into the mirror, and presses into the part of the weak tissue where the pain remains. Sooyoung blinks, her reflection is not what it seems. A swollen black eye and bloodied nose. Her jaw is numb and swollen as well. Her fingers are bruised but shake near the deep gash in her side, the blood spilled until frantic hands placed a cold rag on top, holding it tight there before finally getting to the hospital.

Sooyoung is left there alone for days in that bed, trying to heal from something that she will never recover from.

She was only 17.

The door to the bathroom opens and Sooyoung jumps from the flashback. Jennie, her part time lover, raises a brow. “Did I interrupt something?” Sooyoung sighs and shakes her head and Jennie slips into the bathroom to clean up herself. 

Tugging up her work pants, Jennie makes it back in time to help her put on her shirt and tie. Something that Sooyoung has never really learned how to do. The girl smiles lazily at her as she fixes her attire up. “There, you big baby.” 

Sooyoung mumbles out a thanks before falling back onto her bed. Jennie sits beside her and starts to rub on one of her thighs. Sooyoung knows what’s about to come and dreads it. Kim Jennie, fashion model with a secret life. Sooyoung was a big part of that secret life. And in turn Jennie knew all her secrets. “You okay Sooyoung?”

She closes her eyes, “yeah yeah I’m fine.”

Jennie was extremely observant even though she seemed disinterested 99% of the time. She was a good match for her, but a long time ago Sooyoung established that she’d never settle for a girl. Not even one as perfect as Jennie. “It was really good last night.” Sooyoung smirks knowingly and opens her eyes back up to stare at Jennie who in turn rolls her eyes.

Raising back up Sooyoung teases, “is it not really good every time?”

Jennie laughs lightly as Sooyoung starts to ghost kisses over the curve of her neck and grabs onto the girl’s collar before pushing her away. “It is...but last night was different.” Jennie says cautiously, “you were frustrated.” Sooyoung blushes at the remark and fully pulls away. She doesn’t like being rough but things have been getting to her lately, poor Jennie got those build up tensions let out on her.

“I’m not complaining, you know I like it like that.” Jennie mumbles seductively but then turns serious, “but I wanna know what’s got you all stressed out.” 

Sooyoung sighs tiredly, “it’s just work-”

“It just work I know, I know…” Jennie cuts her off, “it was just work too when you ed my best friend.” Sooyoung glares at her. Back then when things were still fresh between them Sooyoung had ‘accidentally’ slept with Lisa, one of Jennie’s foreign model friends. “But I forgave you for playing me like a fool, because I knew it wasn’t just work.” 

That’s what Sooyoung loved about Jennie. She was a calm soul and in turn a great friend. She was the one thing Sooyoung didn’t end up ruining. Sure Jennie had ed her out for a while about it but they established this kind of relationship. It’s easy between them, whenever they were feeling lonely they’d always return to each other.

Sooyoung knows she can trust Jennie. “I made a new friend.” 

Jennie perks up at that and fixes her hair, “yeah? Tell me about them.”

Sooyoung looks around, trying to stop the blush to appear on her face. “I met her at an arcade.” 

“Oooh does she work there or play?” Jennie asks seriously and Sooyoung finds herself forgetting that she’s supposed to be going to work.

But all she can think about is Jinsoul, “she plays, she’s really good too.” 

The girl beside her narrows her eyes, “what’s she like?”

Going silent Sooyoung lays out all her memories of Jinsoul. “She’s...” Jinsoul’s many things, hotheaded, confident, a bit superficial, ambitious, very mean...sweet, thoughtful, smart, patient with her and caring just so, “amazing. She’s amazing.” Sooyoung finishes and turns to Jennie, already knowing she’s made a mistake. 

Jennie squints her eyes, “is this a new friend or conquest?” Sooyoung’s smile drops and she pouts up making Jennie laugh loudly, “Sooyoung jeez I’m kidding!” Sooyoung continues to sulk as Jennie shakes her, “but don’t deny that you’re a womanizer and you totally have a crush on her!”

Sooyoung groans, “shut up I do not!” Jennie tilts her head questionably, “okay fine she’s attractive or whatever but she’s also a good person I don’t want to ruin whatever this is.” Sooyoung rambles out trying to save her case. At first Jinsoul was a conquest because she would be such a challenge for Sooyoung to break. But after hanging around her more Sooyoung didn’t want to lose her which happens most of the time during her little games.

She’d break girls hearts just for the hell of it. Sooyoung never really did care about them in the end when she was done, it was fun and she was never the one to get hurt. 

It was better to not commit. Sooyoung learned the hard way how dangerous that could be. So she’d pursue girls, they’d either fall in love with her or get sick of her unfaithfulness. Either way Sooyoung had to cut them off. 

“Then don’t ruin it. That's simple.” Jennie quips and starts to get back under the cover. For some reason Sooyoung didn’t like that answer, “Sooyoung just don’t woo her. You need more friends anyways.” Jennie is being dead serious. Because she can already tell how into this girl Sooyoung is. She’s never handled Sooyoung with a broken heart and she’d rather not.

“She’s different.” Sooyoung mumbles. She doesn’t want Jinsoul falling for her because she  doesn’t know if she’d be able to cut her off.

Sooyoung doesn’t know if she’d fall too.

“You’re right, I’ll just keep my hands to myself.” Sooyoung says sleazily and Jennie groans. The girl reminded her a bit of Jinsoul. Well the way they started. In an argument, but Sooyoung realized that was only what got Jennie going and Sooyoung didn’t know how to resist. “Besides she’s straight and clueless, I don’t think it will ever come to that.” 

Jennie raises back up and her lips, “I was straight and clueless once too and you saw what happened.” Sooyoung leans in but she’s pushed away by a dainty hand. “Don’t hurt this girl Sooyoung, you’re lucky I’m still around.” She knows Jennie is right, so she’ll just resist the temptation that Jinsoul is.  

If Sooyoung did give in to her desires then she could lose Jinsoul forever, just like Seola. She’d end up breaking the blonde’s heart no matter how much she liked her. Sooyoung just couldn’t dedicate herself to someone. She couldn’t take that risk no matter what. 

She’d keep her distance from Jinsoul, it’s untelling what would happen if she got too close. She’ll be able to...Jennie’s fingers and lips was good enough to satisfy her. The evidence being the claw marks on the girls back and the bruised teeth print on her shoulder when Sooyoung bit away her screams.

“I’m off, you know where the spare key is.” Sooyoung tells Jennie and gathers her things, “I won’t be back until late.” Jennie mumbles something back, already falling back asleep. 

Sooyoung leaves her in the sheets and hopes she isn’t there when she returns.

~~~~

Sometimes Jinsoul can’t get over how cute Jiwoo can be. She stops by the library and drags the girl out since she’s getting off anyway and holds her hand as they walk to her house. Jiwoo nervously rambles on as Jinsoul squeezes her hand making her speak faster than normal. The blonde was an expert at making friends when she really wanted to.

Jinsoul was sweet to Jiwoo from the start. The girl was absolutely adorable. How could Jinsoul be the slightest bit mean to her. When they’re back in the safety of Jinsoul’s cluttered room(Jiwoo gawks at the countless figurines and posters, the books and gadgets for the hundredth time) the blonde squeezes the girl’s cheeks and throws her on her bed with the hoard of pillows and plushies.

“Wow Jinsoul forgot you were a huge geek!” Jiwoo says innocently and Jinsoul glares, the blonde turns on her tiny little RCA tv and fiddles with the antennas before changing it onto the channel. She and Jiwoo’s got a weekly routine now, they watch the new episodes of Jem and The Holograms when they come on and rave about it until late at night.

The past few weeks have been at Jiwoo’s but they thought they’d go to Jinsoul’s today. Jiwoo gets comfy back into the pillows as Jinsoul throws her some cuddly pink pajamas, the ones matching Jinsoul’s baby blue pair.

Chit-Chatting about boys and rubbing their toes together while holding hands(since that’s what girls do at sleepovers) Jinsoul squeals when she hears the theme song play on. The two jump up from the bed and start to spin in each other's arms singing along. Jiwoo’s a bit sweaty...being close to a pretty girl as Jinsoul is a bit nerve-wracking, but the blonde was like her only friend weirdly enough, so she tried to keep her homoness a secret.

They sit way too close to the tv, laying on the bellies even though the carpet rubs their skin annoyingly. Jiwoo has her feet up into the air rocking them back and forth while Jinsoul cuddles into a care bear.

The episode ends way too quickly and Jinsoul rolls onto her back. “Wanna watch Sixteen Candles?” Jiwoo nods at her offer and the blonde struggles to get up, but not before grabbing Jiwoo’s a little too provocatively to be considered friendly. Jiwoo squeaks and rolls over to give Jinsoul a confused look. Jinsoul only giggles like a ert “sorry it’s just so cute.”

Jiwoo blushes at the wink she’s thrown and Jinsoul skips out of the room to grab the VCR. Jiwoo sighs and starts to chant inside her head. She’s just a straight girl with gay hands she’s just a straight girl with gay hands she’s just…a girl with really nice hands with long fingers and they’re soft and-

OH JIWOO ONLY IN YOUR DREAMS.

Okay, so maybe Jiwoo had the slightest crush on Jinsoul, how could she not. Jinsoul was gorgeous and sweet and smelt like heaven. She was everything nice tripled. But Jiwoo wasn’t delusional. She didn’t actually have a crush on Jinsoul, she just liked when the blonde would call her pretty and squeeze her cheeks.

Both the ones on her face and her bottom.

Closing her eyes she thinks about how much she loves Jinsoul. The blonde was kinda the whole world to her. She felt bad for having a lot of...inappropriate fantasies about her in the beginning but now she really couldn’t see Jinsoul other than a really good friend.

She blows her bangs out of her eyes when she starts to daydream about Jinsoul’s almond shaped eyes and decides to peak around her room. The redhead shuffles onto her feet and closely observes the posters on Jinsoul’s walls and ceilings. The blonde didn’t have one poster of a man except Prince, oh there’s a billy idol one too.

Jiwoo giggles at a lot of the little knick-knacks on Jinsoul’s desk before opening up a notebook. Jiwoo’s heart drops to her tummy and her face goes ghost pale.

“No ing w-”

“Ayyyy I got the VCR babes ready to get our HEY DON’T LOOK AT THAT!” Jinsoul screams and pounces towards Jiwoo before sitting the VCR down gently. Okay, maybe Jiwoo is wrong. Because there’s no way Jinsoul is fully straight when she has an old picture of Ha Sooyoung(the one she ripped from the newspaper) taped into the notebook with a heart drawn around it several times in several shades of pink.

Jiwoo should be mad at the fact that Jinsoul dismantled some good library material. But no Jiwoo is mad at the fact Jinsoul’s even involved with that . Jiwoo’s painful feeling in her tummy isn’t jealousy, she’s had that plenty of times when she thought she was dating Ha Sooyoung only to find out she was ‘dating’ five different girls including her. No, Jiwoo was deathly afraid.

She didn’t want Jinsoul getting hurt.

Of course this was almost four years ago when Jiwoo was just starting out in college and a student helper at the library and Sooyoung was a second year. The girl was a lot more promiscuous when she was nineteen so she may be different now. But Jiwoo doubts it, Sooyoung actually didn’t hide the fact that she was a cold hearted jerk nowadays. 

They fight over the book for a few minutes before it tears in half. Jiwoo has the half where Sooyoung is so lovingly cherished with a rainbow of pink and glitter. Jinsoul has the half where Sooyoung’s eyes are crossed in x’s and there’s a few dart punctures in her stupid face. Jiwoo looks down, this picture was taken when Sooyoung was in her final year. When just about everyone at that school was in love with her because she was so sweet and pretty.

Sooyoung was the epitome of chic now. She was no longer that girl with the warm smile from Busan. She was cold and all aloof, fitting right into the narrow streets of Seoul. 

Holding her side up Jiwoo questions seriously, “explain please!”

Jinsoul blushes and looks around, “it’s a photo…”

“Of who?” Jiwoo furrows her brow when Jinsoul mutters under her breath, “I CAN’T HEAR YOU JINSOUL!”

“ITS A PHOTO OF HA ING SOOYOUNG!”

They stare at each other for a second before Jiwoo sits the picture down. Going to flop on Jinsoul’s bed she starts to ramble out, “Jinsoul are you just friends with her?”

The blonde wobbles over to lay next to her. Jiwoo peaks at her with one eye and Jinsoul shyly mutters out, “not really, we kinda hate each other, sorta.” Jiwoo relaxes at that, “why? Is it not a good thing to be friends with her?”

Jiwoo quickly shakes her head. No, Ha Sooyoung was an amazing friend...but that was it. If she was asked for anything more the girl would turn stale on in the blink of an eye and push whoever far away. Jiwoo regrets it because she misses Sooyoung’s friendship more than anything. She remembers vividly, her telling Sooyoung she was in love with her after the girl had *beep* the lights out of her. 

Sooyoung had grimaced and turned her cheek. Clearly uncomfortable. 

You know you can’t fall for me.

Since I’ll never fall for you.

Jiwoo blinks the memory away since it was painful. Not only did she ruin the chance she had with Sooyoung, but she also lost her as a friend. Sooyoung had said before that the was only for fun and they should keep it that way. Jiwoo should have listened to her. But how could she when Sooyoung was borderline perfect. The only flaw being that she would never open up those walls of hers and trust someone for once. 

“No no it’s not that.” Jiwoo says and turns to face Jinsoul. She’s equally afraid of it happening with her. What if the universe was evil and someone as perfect as Jinsoul was a homophobe, still even if she was, Jiwoo thinks she’d like to know if her best friend would hate her. “When I tell you this promise not to tell anyone else ever I mean EVER.”

Jinsoul blinks and holds out her pinky, “of course babe lay it on me.” Jiwoo blushes at the words and locks pinkies with Jinsoul. The blonde kisses hers and Jiwoo shudders at the softness of Jinsoul’s lips. She’s praying to god this isn’t the last time Jinsoul’s looks at her in that way.

“I’m gay.”

Jiwoo’s heart stops for a second, but then beats wildly when Jinsoul’s eyes sparkle. “Okay.” That’s all Jinsoul says at first but then she raises a brow, “that’s like cool or whatever but what the hell does it gotta do with that loser Sooyoung.” Jiwoo shakes a bit...ugh she could kiss Jinsoul right now. Too she thinks Sooyoung is a loser so it might not be as serious as she initially thought.

“You don’t care?” Jiwoo asks her.

Jinsoul’s face slumps, “my two best friends are gay Jiwoo...now it’s three of course I don’t care.” Jiwoo goes all heart eyes and Jinsoul squeals, “AWE YOU’RE ADORBS but. seriously. What’s up?” 

Jiwoo takes a deep breath, “I kinda used to date Sooyoung.” Okay now that visibly affects Jinsoul and Jiwoo starts to worry again. “And I don’t know Jinsoul...”

“Whaaa iz it, you can tell me.” Jinsoul urges and Jiwoo starts to question if she should even tell her friend or not. What if she was blowing it out of proportion? Or if wooing Jinsoul wasn’t even Sooyoung’s intentions.

Jiwoo wiggles her nose, “has she told you she’s liked girls yet?

The blonde swallows hard, “she told me she had a boyfriend.” Jiwoo sighs in relief, that means Sooyoung wasn’t actively pursuing Jinsoul, yet. She was probably trying to see if Jinsoul was chill like she did moments ago, either that or wasn’t interested. But then again Jiwoo knows Sooyoung’s type, Jinsoul would be her dream girl.

Jiwoo nods and scoots closer, “well she’s like extremely closeted so don’t like bring it up or anything unless she does.” Jiwoo doesn’t know the full story, but Sooyoung’s experienced violence in the past. From her family and strangers. The girl was extremely private and careful. Jiwoo thinks that's the main reason she never commits to anyone. “I, I don’t think it will happen with you but um...but-”

Jinsoul groans and squeezes her waist, “c’mon Jiwoo stop blue balling me here spit it out!”

“She’s notorious for um, seducing straight girls.”

The redhead was once upon a time straight. Until a tan and lanky Sooyoung with braces and long silky hair came into her life. Sooyoung’s eyes were pretty and Jiwoo of course got lost in them. While losing her heart as well. 

The game Sooyoung played was simple and well known around campus back in the day. She liked to get friendly first then it would become more intimate before finally banging said girl. Then it’d either end peacefully with them becoming friends and moving past it...because Sooyoung would always tell them it didn’t mean anything. Or the poor girl would fall hopelessly in love with Sooyoung along the way only to see a side they could never imagine. 

“Oh...um.”

“Seriously Jinsoul, she’s a player, and her favorite game is breaking hearts. Pretty sure she’s the world record holder.”

Jinsoul rolls her eyes and Jiwoo’s unsure if Sooyoung’s magic would ever work on her. Jiwoo realizes that she may have nothing to worry about. “Please, even if she was gonna try that bull with me you think I’d actually let her? Besides I’m one hundred percent straight the thought of even being with that loser…” Jinsoul fakes a gag and Jiwoo simply raises a brow. “Ew Jiwoo. Ew.” 

Jiwoo grabs Jinsoul’s face to make sure her point gets across, “listen Jinsoul you may think there’s not a chance but Sooyoung's very charming and good at what she does, it will feel like she’s in love with you and like you’re the only girl in the world that matters.” Jinsoul’s eyes get a little glossy, “if anything weird starts to happen...don’t give in. Cut it off as soon as it begins, trust me she’s not someone you won’t want to get involved with...or lose. She’s a good friend to keep around but a terrible lover.”

The blonde’s cutely shaped eyes bore into her own, all watery and stuff. Jiwoo pulls away, “but I wouldn’t worry about it.” Surely, Jinsoul’s stubborn enough not to fall into an easy trap like that.

“Yeah…”Jinsoul mumbles out, “I hate her or whatever.”

“That’s why you have a picture of her surrounded by a heart?” 

“That was a joke. Please.” Jinsoul mutters and then pouts up at her cute friend, “Jiwoo?” The girl hums and Jinsoul’s afraid to ask, “did Sooyoung break your heart?”

Jiwoo nods firmly and Jinsoul makes a final decision about Sooyoung.

She was gonna kill her.

Because how on earth could she turn down the cutest most beautiful girl on the planet. Jiwoo was so sweet it left her teeth rotting, “ugh what a .”

Jiwoo giggles like the little angel she is, “ah she’s not that bad, just...misunderstood.” Jiwoo doesn’t blame Sooyoung for what happened. It was her fault, Sooyoung had warned her from the beginning that it would be nothing more than a good feeling.

“Hey I got an idea babe c’mon,” Jinsoul quips and rolls off the bed. Whenever she’s pissed at Ha Sooyoung she likes to ruin her stupid(ly attractive) face with some darts. Jinsoul takes one of the photo’s, actually the one she cherished and places it on the board. Jiwoo catches her drift and stands up as well.

They take turns laughing and puncturing Sooyoung’s perfect features. Jinsoul didn’t cringe seeing her favorite picture being ruined after the new found revelation of her enemy. It felt good having the upper hand finally. The wild card. Jinsoul was in no way clueless. She may be the most well adapted person on this earth. Jinsoul smirks as she lands a dart right between her rivals eyes.

Ha Sooyoung will never see what’s coming.

~~~~

What a long chapter! Sorry...anyways this fic has heavy dialogue doesn't it. Like shut the hell up! But I hope everyone enjoys this long mess of words that my tiny brain came up with! I think I’ll space updates out like this with longer chapters. Thank you all lots of love...mwah!

Fun fact: Jinsoul’s parents are okay with gay people