The blind spots: discovery.

Pixel Dreams of You

With her chin between her finger and thumb Jinsoul calls out, “Hmmm can hit me with the pink again.” The employee in front of Jinsoul looks at her reluctantly and holds the pink dress up. Narrowing her eyes, Jinsoul pretends to be in deep thought. Her choice was already made because the white dress in the employee’s other hand was to die for...but Jinsoul was enjoying how miserable this guy was from her shopping spree. 

“Miss are you sure you can afford these items be-”

“Uh do I look like I can’t afford them?” She cuts him off quickly, raising a brow. “I mean I thought it was your job to convince me, not be a weirdo and ask me if I got money, which I totally do by the way.” Jinsoul may or may not have lied. She hasn’t checked her purse for any miracles, but then again, she knows there’s probably only dust in there. Oh and she has a picture of Sooyoung and her.

Although it’s not gonna buy her these dresses, to Jinsoul, the picture is priceless. 

“I’m sorry it’s just-

Rolling her eyes she flips out her hand, checking out her nails in a bored manner. “No sherlock you’ve asked me like bazillion gazillion times and what has the answer been every time?” 

The employee sulks, “Yes...”

“So? What’s your deal? You a little slow up there?” Before crossing her arms she brings a single finger up to twist it around beside her head. 

Clearly taking offense the employee starts to shake, going red in the face. “Oh yeah, that’s rich coming from the bimbo of all bimbos.” It takes a moment for Jinsoul to wrap her head around the words, since it was a shock to her and the whole universe. When the gears finally start to click, she sees red…

Somehow, her hands end up on his tie, tugging it so hard it strangles him, Jinsoul would like to spin him around but his hands have found their way into her perfectly styled hair. “Let my hair go, you fugly freak!” Just as Jinsoul is about to use her ultra power move, a swift kick to the guy’s boy parts, meaty hands break them apart. 

It’s the store owner, entirely too sweaty to just be sitting down all down and a little funky smelling like ham gone wrong. Jinsoul turns away to gag but quickly puts her pout on. Like she was going to let Mr. Sissy who pulls hair in fights win over her. 

“Woah what’s the problem here?” 

The hardest thing Jinsoul’s ever done, probably the most difficult thing in her entire life, is keeping her smile when the man turns to her.  Even over that time she had to choose between the cheer carebear or bedtime carebear when she was sixteen. His face is grody and Jinsoul gets the heebie jeebies from his stare. “I don't know what his problem is...I feel so attacked.” Jinsoul flutters her eyelashes innocently and she can tell it’s very effective with the way the store owner loses focus for just a moment. 

“Get real, you’ve been insulting me this entire time! You’re a major !”

Gasping, Jinsoul pretends as if it’s the most unbelievable thing she’s ever heard. “That’s a bunch of bologna! Hello? Sir are you just gonna let your employee talk to me like that?” Turning back to the store owner she knows she’s won since he’s glaring at her now arch-nemesis. The employee slowly curls into himself and Jinsoul starts to feel a little bad but she remembers how he snickered when she said she couldn’t fit into a skirt he gave her. She couldn’t help that it wouldn’t go over her ...

“I...Ji-hoon go back and do inventory, I’ll have a word with you later.” The employee grumbles and starts to walk away, Jinsoul sticks her tongue out at him and flips him the bird, but quickly switches back to her innocent acting when the store owner turns around. “I am so sorry about that, how can I help you beautiful?”

Jinsoul grimaces but plays it off like she’s undecided by the dresses she’s now holding. “I just can’t pick between these dresses I mean, this one is Calvin Klein but this one is def super cute.”

“If you’d like to try them on I could give my very...professional and expert opinion.” The man flirts with a sinister grin, Jinsoul hates how his teeth look like little tic-tacs...not the white ones either. If she can do this right, she may walk out with a brand new dress. Do it for the dress, do it for the dress, do it for the dress come on Jinsoul you’ve done worse for some shoes. 

Jinsoul reaches forward to fix the man’s tie and the collar of his shirt, “I’d love that...since your opinion matters and all.” She says with sarcasm but the man doesn’t notice at all since he’s so charmed by Jinsoul’s smile. 

Strutting her way into the dressing room, she waves at the man innocently before closing the door. Hehehe er. Once the door is closed her smile drops and she rolls her eyes, “gross.” Jinsoul suspects he’s an idiot, so he’ll be easy to trick. Taking some of her clothes off she slips on the Calvin Klein...it fits her perfectly, framing her waist and hips unlike any dress has before. 

Giggling to herself, without taking the dress off she starts to shimmy her other clothes back on. Thankfully she wore baggier clothes today, so she can carefully hide the dress underneath all the layers. Wrapping her windbreaker back around her she hears a knock at the door, “everything okay in there sweetie?”

Jinsoul actually gags this time before replying, “yup! Just trying on the pink one now!” Burning more time Jinsoul makes sure the dress is completely hidden underneath her clothes. Reemerging from the dressing room she hands the man the pink dress, “eh not for me.” 

He stares at her for a second, then at the dress, then back at her and then into the dressing room. Jinsoul breaks out into a nervous sweat...he might be onto her. “Erm, ma’am where’s the white dress?”

“What white dress?”

“The one that you said was to die for?”

“I literally have no idea what you’re talking about.” 

Jinsoul is a bit rusty at lying, she hasn’t had any practice in a long time. With Sooyoung she’s completely honest with her. And now that she isn’t denying that she’s enamored with Sooyoung, she’s been honest with herself as well. Jinsoul’s charm slowly wears off and the man becomes annoyed, “listen honey, you had a little white dress in your hands when you went in and then you came out with no dress. So either-”

“Ooohhh that white dress!” Jinsoul plays it off like she actually was the ditz the former employee she was dealing with claimed she was. “I left it in there! It didn’t fit so it’s kind of traumatizing for me to look at it.” 

Jinsoul flutters her eyelashes as the man stares blankly at her. “So that dress is in there? My very expensive dress, that you’ve yet to pay for.” 

“Please...it’s a very sensitive topic for me sir, it’s a tragedy truly.” And while it wasn’t, Jinsoul had a rule about clothes she couldn’t fit in, especially if they were all she’s ever dreamed of wearing. She simply never spoke of them again. 

The man rolls his eyes and peaks into the dressing room, “I don’t see it, are you messing with me?” 

“No no, just- I think I threw it in the corner,” The man stumbles further in, “yeah right there! Don’t you see it!” Jinsoul muffles the giggle that comes out of by covering it with her hand. The man even bends over to stare into the completely empty corner she was pointing at. “They really don’t make es like you anymore huh?” 

“Wha-OH!”

Jinsoul quickly kicks the man in the nu-nads and shuts the fitting room door on him. She only got the pleasure of seeing him faceplant into the wall as he doubled over. Jinsoul bounces over to a table and tries to push it over to block the door...but it’s a bit too heavy and she doesn’t want to break one of her nails. 

Thankfully, her savior comes in the form of a previous enemy. The employee she was arguing with earlier stands in front of her, looking towards the fitting room where his boss was switching back and forth from cursing Jinsoul out and groaning in pain. Jinsoul narrows her eyes and makes sure to get her point across, “listen you little twerp, if you speak about this to anyone I will find out where you live and make your life a living hell.” The employee slowly glances his way towards her so Jinsoul punctuates her final words, “trust in that.” 

To Jinsoul’s shock the employee starts to help her with the table. Pushing it in front of the fitting room so his boss can’t get out. “Girl, I hate him too.” After trapping the man in the fitting room Jinsoul stands up and checks around for anything else to steal, “sorry for calling you a bimbo.”

Jinsoul shrugs as she shoves a few skirts into her purse, making sure they’re her size first. “It’s fine I get it all the time,” She shuffles over to the shoes, “don’t get it twisted though.” Jinsoul understands why people think ill of her, she’s materialistic and a bit of a diva. She can’t help that she has good taste and a bad attitude. People can’t stand the fact that she’s hot and super hip at the same time. 

Suddenly a pair of shoes are displayed in front of her, “these would go well with the Calvin Klien.” Jinsoul gasps, they’re perfect. Maybe this guy wasn’t as stupid as she thought. 

Grabbing the heels, too excited to check the size, she studies the employee for a few seconds. He’s a bit twinkish, Xiaojun’s type so she has to ask, “are you a little you know?” Flipping her wrist around the guy stares at her confused...she guesses he doesn’t swing that way. 

“Um...what?”

Jinsoul goes to explain but the sudden banging from the fitting room makes them jump apart, lowering her voice she warns the employee, “I’d go to the back and pretend you were never up here…thank you, you know for the shoes.” They part ways and Jinsoul darts out of the store.

She had someone to visit.

~~~~

“Ms. Ha, you’re early today.” Sooyoung is in the middle of taking off her overcoat when she hears the familiar voice. Glancing up she smiles at Lee Sooman, it’s a smile he never receives from her. Sitting down in her seat she prepares a few notes for the meeting that starts soon. She’s the only one representing from the creative department so she has a lot to cover on her own.

Usually meetings like this annoy Sooyoung, they’re pretty boring and being surrounded by a bunch of cocky men in suits isn’t her favorite scenario. Although Sooyoung does enjoy outsmarting them most of the time, she’d rather be alone in her office, drawing or working on the game. 

However, the game is in its last phase, maybe another month or so and it'll be ready to be sorted through for errors and hitting the market. Sooyoung’s only slightly nervous, the first game she worked on was a hit, but she was a part of the team, not the lead of it. This time, any mistakes will be on her.

But she’s confident. 

She always has been.

“Well last night was the first time I slept for more than two hours in a while so yeah, I guess I can say I’m refreshed.” There’s another reason she’s feeling on cloud nine right now, but she doesn’t need the distraction. Although it’s so tempting to just let her mind drift to a certain blonde with the prettiest brown-

“That’s good to hear, I think you’ll be really refreshed for the news I have for you.”

Sooyoung struggles to avoid rolling her eyes, his good news was most of the time a nightmare to her. “Oh?”

Mr. Lee smiles at her and nods once, “that promotion you were asking for, I’m getting it done for you, you’re raise should start next week.” Sooyoung’s fake smile drops, she was half kidding when she asked for that months ago, when Mr. Lee asked if she was enjoying all the work she replied “only if I got paid a bit more”. He knows she’s notorious for being hard to work with, but he knows her skill is like no other.

Sooyoung doesn’t have a soft spot for Mr. Lee, but he’s the only man in this industry that hasn’t underestimated her only because she’s a woman. To be honest, Sooyoung thinks he’s a bit of a fan of her work, but he’s never gone out of line. She respects him, as he does her. “Really? You’re not pulling my leg here are you?”

The man chuckles as more men pile into the room, “no no, I wish I was, it was a bit tedious convincing the higher ups to pay you more. Especially since they don’t believe in you.” Sooyoung blushes red, she doesn’t like to get angry. She finds it more beneficial to keep her cool. Usually when women are hot headed, men seem to take them less seriously, blame them unfit for a job because of their emotions. Sooyoung thinks of Jinsoul. 

She wonders how hard the fight is for her.

“And I have more good news, you’ve been selected to represent at Los Angeles, they’re holding a convention there for developers, even Nintendo is going to be present. We’re hoping to get an idea how we’re going to come back from the market crash that happened in 83’.” Sooyoung remembers the crash in North America, too many games, not enough people buying them. But she doesn’t blame them, most were bad quality. 

“America?” Sooyoung says, with a bit of nervousness in her tone. It’s not like she’s never wanted to travel, but that’s a long way away. A long way away from Jinsoul. “For how long?” 

Mr. Lee shrugs, “it’s still some time from then but you’ll only be gone for a few weeks. Is there something wrong?” A few weeks shouldn’t be bad. Maybe it’ll even give time to Sooyoung to figure this all out and she can come back to Jinsoul as a better version of herself. The version she knows Jinsoul deserves. 

“No, that’s great news, I-I’m just a bit surprised is all.” 

Mr. Sooman smiles at her once more and reaches forward to clasp a hand on her shoulder. “Good, use the adrenaline for the meeting, we’ll talk more after.” Sooyoung can’t help but to chew the inside of her cheek, nervousness and excitement building all at once inside her chest. For once in her life.

She feels like she’s going on the right path.

~~~~

“Hi, I’m here to see Ha Sooyoung.” 

The receptionist stares at Jinsoul while filing her nails, “she’s in a meeting.” Jinsoul daydreams for a second, about Sooyoung looking chic in some tan suit, her hair bouncing as she explains something probably really boring and lame but it wouldn’t matter because she’s so dreamy. Her face blank as she tells someone off for interrupting her, Jinsoul blushes at the thought. 

Jinsoul sighs, “oh I’m a good friend of hers I’ll just wait for her in her office.”

“That isn’t authorized.” 

Starting to feel heat prick at the back of her neck, Jinsoul grumbles to herself, “okay, fine be like that.” Rummaging through her purse she pulls out her wallet, it pains her to see it empty again but her heart beats a little faster when she flips out the picture of her and Sooyoung. Jinsoul stares at it for a moment, Sooyoung’s smile was so pretty and she was dying to see it again. “See look, we’re besties.” 

The receptionist raises a single brow and grimaces, “okay? And?” 

It was like the universe was out to get her today, either that or it was trying to piss her off in every conceivable way. Jinsoul’s determined to get what she wants, she always gets what she wants. And right now she needed to see Sooyoung. “I’m going whether you authorize it or not.”

The small girl behind the desk doesn’t blink as Jinsoul points in her face, “I’ll call security.”  

“Oh okay, you’re a loser who doesn’t want people to have fun.” 

Jinsoul watches as the girl slowly raises the phone to her ear, “Hi, can you send someone to the front lobby? We have a situation that requires an out.” 

“This won’t change the fact that you’re a loser, so kiss my .” Jinsoul rolls her eyes and begins to strut off, ignoring the receptionist calling after her. She passes the security guard on the way to the elevator and smiles at him, he doesn’t have a clue as he nods back at her. 

Hopping onto the elevator with a bunch of men in suits, she clicks on Sooyoung’s floor. She can sense all of them looking at her and she used to love having this kind of power, now however, all she can think about is how she wishes it was only Sooyoung’s eyes on her. Soon, the stares become too much, “I know most of you have never seen a woman this up close and personal, especially this gorgeous but please stop staring at me, it's freaking weird.” 

In an instant they all stop looking, clearing their throats and either staring up at the ceiling or down at the floor. Jinsoul smirks and focuses on the little dings the elevator makes. Soon enough she’s skipping across some office. The guys here are dressed a lot less professional, some wore baggy jeans and others have their shirt inside out. The one thing that’s consistent is that they all look like they haven’t slept in three days.

Jinsoul makes her way to Sooyoung’s office, which is all the way in the back in the corner. Once she makes it in she shuts the door and closes the blinds. She finally had her peace and quiet. Pulling off her colorful windbreaker, she tosses it onto Sooyoung’s chair before flopping into it. Rolling around Sooyoung's office, Jinsoul tries to entertain herself, but eventually she’s bored to death. 

“Well I guess there’s nothing to do....” Jinsoul says to herself as she starts to snoop through Sooyoung’s things, “let me be nosey.” Sooyoung’s a mystery, Jinsoul just doesn’t understand how someone could be so organized yet messy at the same time. Her desk drawer is filled with color pencils and old files. On the surface there’s a clutter of papers; contracts, notes, gibberish ect. 

Jinsoul tries to break into Sooyoung’s computer, but she can’t figure out the password. She tried numerous variations of her name, birthday, but it was probably something stupid and overly complicated. Ransacking the whole office Jinsoul huffs, frustrated that she didn’t find anything juicy. 

Until she finds it tucked away under Sooyoung’s computer, hidden in plain sight. It was a small brown book with a leather cover, Sooyoung’s name carved into the spine of it. Flipping it open Jinsoul’s eyes widen a bit, it’s Sooyoung’s personal sketchbook. Of course, Jinsoul already looked through the other’s but they mostly had concept sketches for video games and doodles of cats and cups of steaming hot coffee. 

This one however had little notes at the bottom and most sketches were of people. Jinsoul reads the first few, this woman at the bar( lazy eye, suited her personality.) Strange cat by the dumpster, no teeth. A happy couple too happy maybe, it’s a little scary. Jinsoul smiles to herself as she skims through Sooyoung’s sketches. She can just imagine how cute Sooyoung looks while drawing, her tongue poking out as she writes down the descriptions. 

Before she moves on she brings the little book to her chest and squeals, Jinsoul hates how bad she has it for Sooyoung but she can’t help it. Flipping through the pages absentmindedly, she suddenly stops at a certain sketch. It...looks like her, but the eyes are missing. Or really they’ve been drawn over and over again, just to be erased. Jinsoul glances down at the description. The date was months ago.

Girl probably around my age, drunk off her . Mean as but she was pretty, that smart mouth she had only made her prettier to me. Followed me home until I told her off. She had this look on her face when I did, it made my heart hurt. 

Jinsoul gently sets the book on the desk and leans forward. Her smirk is long gone, she feels a bit weird looking at this. It was one of Sooyoung’s many secrets. She turns to the next page and it’s a side portrait of her, grimacing, but her eyes still missing. Sooyoung has also doodled a rough sketch of the arcade they alway play at and Jinsoul’s impressed with the attention to detail. Anxious, she looks down at the little note Sooyoung wrote at the bottom.

Jung Jinsoul...there isn’t a word I can use to describe her. She’s just, she’s a lot. I think I like it. We have this rivalry, she’s that player that I always one-up on q*bert, except she’s taken it seriously. Everytime we see each other she’s at my throat. I’d be lying if I said I didn’t go out of my way to run into her. 

Rolling her eyes, Jinsoul leans back into the chair. She knew Sooyoung had to like her a little bit since they saw each other so often. That was before she really knew just how big of a dork the older girl really was. She turns a few pages, some are strangers or just random doodles. There’s a few more sketches of her but with no notes. Until there’s a page that’s blank, only a few scrawny hearts plastered around the border and her name scribbled out continuously.

It’s becoming a bad habit, going to her. I still can’t get her eyes right, nothing I create compares to the real thing, they’re too beautiful. I guess my memory will have to do for now, it isn’t like I have a hard time thinking about her. 

Jinsoul scoffs at how lame Sooyoung is. The girl would probably be embarrassed if she knew Jinsoul was reading this. She can just imagine how pouty Sooyoung would get. Skimming the rest of the pages, slowly, the random doodles get rarer, but her face appears more often. Her heart stops with one page. Where it’s a full portrait of her, nothing erased or scribbled out this time. 

I am an idiot. There’s something about this girl I can’t get enough of, I know it’s gonna take a  lifetime for me to get over her. I haven’t daydreamed in forever, but all I do is think of her. Everytime she looks at me I get locked in place, unable to do anything but look back. I’m in love with the way she smiles. I am...such. an. idiot. We kissed at some festival. Her lips tasted like candy. 

Jinsoul stares at her reflection of charcoal and paper. She doesn’t know how long she sits there, rereading the words over and over again. 

These feelings of mine are impossible to ignore now. I know I’m bad for her, but she’s so good for me. I want to hold her, just for a little while. If she’d let me, if I had the guts to ask.

The door to the office slams open and Jinsoul quickly shoves the book back where she found it. She’s aware of the blush on her face, but thankfully the one person that caused it hasn’t noticed. Sooyoung slams the door back shut, turning to rest her forehead against the wood. Jinsoul listens to Sooyoung mumble to herself cursing out words the blonde has never heard of. Maybe it wasn’t the best day to sneak into her office.

Sooyoung is dressed a bit fancier today. A long overcoat swallows her tiny body and the only other thing Jinsoul can see is the thin black stockings. Sooyoung finally turns around and although the angry expression on her face isn’t meant for Jinsoul, the girl still gets chill bumps. She remembers how scary Sooyoung could be when she was mad. Jinsoul also remembers how much she loved to piss her off, just for fun, just so she could see her nostrils flare along with her eyebrows knotting over. 

However, Sooyoung’s expression softens once they lock eyes. Jinsoul blushes, remembering what the little note said. She doesn’t miss the way Sooyoung’s lips upturn in a slight smirk. “And just who might you be?” 

Jinsoul shrugs as Sooyoung slowly makes her way over, whatever had her mad was long forgotten. Under the long coat, Sooyoung had a burgundy blazer on, tailored to have sharp angles. “They didn’t tell you? I’m your new personal assistant.” 

Sooyoung struggles to keep a smile from breaking loose, her tongue poking out from her teeth. “Oh yeah? Well you’re sitting in that chair like you own the place.” Jinsoul goes to say something petty back, but all the words catch in when Sooyoung hands rubs across the back of her head. It’s almost suffocating when Sooyoung leans down, a breath apart from her. Jinsoul even subconsciously tilts her head preparing herself for a kiss she knows that’ll make her dizzy.

Nails scrap across her scalp and Jinsoul’s never cared less about her hair getting messed up. Especially since it feels that good. “I know something personal that you could do for me.” Her whole face heats up at the words and Sooyoung’s eyes leave hers to glance down at her lips. They part and Jinsoul inches forward as Sooyoung does the same, her eyelids getting heavier the closer she gets. 

When she almost gets what she’s wanted all day, Sooyoung tilts away the slightest bit, smirking as Jinsoul accidentally lets out a small whine. Jinsoul hates the teasing but the quickly building tension makes it worth it. Sooyoung’s fingers have traveled from the nape of her neck to the tip of her chin, tilting it up for a better angle. 

Jinsoul finally feels the press of Sooyoung’s bottom lip against hers, she’s so close to heaven...and yet so far away. Because as soon as she gets that feeling she’s longed for, Sooyoung’s pulling away. Jinsoul with her eyes closed pouts up, opening them to see that Sooyoung’s turned away from her, typing her password into her old clunky and a bit too big computer. 

As if to make Jinsoul more annoyed, Sooyoung pretends that the room doesn’t feel one hundred degrees hotter, nor the fact that their hearts are pumping the hardest they ever have. Jinsoul rolls her eyes when she sees what Sooyoung’s password is. 

Iamsoy101

“Really Sooyoung?” 

The girl turns to her again, acting completely innocent with her bottom lip jutting out. “What?” Jinsoul raises a brow, eyes narrowed with frustration from more than one way. Sooyoung then looks back at her computer, seeing that Jinsoul noticed her password. The biggest eating grin appears on Sooyoung’s lips, “oh that? Baby you know it’s true.” 

Not knowing whether to be attracted to Sooyoung’s arrogance, or to be annoyed she huffs up, crossing her arms and sinks into the chair. Jinsoul knows the answer when Sooyoung winks at her and then goes back to pretending she doesn’t exist. Jinsoul would be lying to herself and the whole world if she said Sooyoung’s nonchalant attitude didn’t turn her on.

Most of her life she’s had people drooling over her and falling down at their knees at a single glance. And all though Jinsoul loves the attention and even craves it, there’s something about the way Sooyoung pretends that she isn’t obsessed with her even though she secretly has it just as bad as she does. That little act Sooyoung likes to play...Jinsoul can’t stand it in the best way. 

She knows Sooyoung likes it too, “you’re not funny, just letting you know.” Sooyoung doesn’t pay her any mind, shuffling around on her desk, pulling out her glasses from the clutter and pushing them onto her face half-hazardly. “You’re not cute either.” 

Sooyoung finally acknowledges her, but doesn’t give her the complete satisfaction, since her eyes are still glued onto the computer. “Is that right? Then what am I if I’m not cute or funny.” Jinsoul lets her eyes roll down Sooyoung’s figure, the coat hiding most of it. She could mess around with Sooyoung with the way the girl’s leaning over her. So she decides to do just that.

“A major pain in the .” Jinsoul toys with the edge of the coat, before letting her fingers slip underneath it.

Sooyoung hums and sniffs a bit, unaware of the wandering hand that’s yet to touch her. “Sorry barbie. Forgot you were so delicate.” Jinsoul finally makes contact with the fabric of Sooyoung’s stockings and she smiles with victory when she hears the frantic typing stop for just a second, before starting again a bit slower. 

“I don’t remember saying I didn’t like it.” The typing stops once again, but it doesn’t start back. Jinsoul lets her palm run up and down the back of Sooyoung’s thigh lazily, every now and then gripping it just to feel her tense up. “Maybe I just want it to hurt somewhere else.” 

Sooyoung blinks at her as her glasses slowly shift down her nose. Jinsoul thinks it’s downright adorable. How Sooyoung can just flirt like it’s nothing but as soon as she does it she’s a mess. Suddenly the girl springs straight up the blush deepening, “I um, I need to work.” Biting her lip Jinsoul stands up too but doesn’t give Sooyoung any personal space as she does so. 

“Don’t let me distract you.” Jinsoul says and lets her fingers mess around with the buttons of Sooyoung’s dress shirt underneath the blazer. The skin there is hot and Jinsoul has no doubt that she’s the cause of it. 

Sooyoung only lets out a nervous laugh before Jinsoul is shifting out of the way. Jinsoul leans onto the desk as Sooyoung shifts her coat off clumsily, nervous from the pair of eyes on her. The older girl flops into her seat a bit dramatic and pretends to go back to work. However Jinsoul notices that she’s typing in complete gibberish compared to the actual work from before. Sooyoung’s not even looking at the screen, absentmindedly fiddingly with the buttons on her keyboard. 

Jinsoul snorts as the display and suddenly remembers the reason why she was here in the first place. She wanted to show Sooyoung her new outfit. “Babe, do you like my new shoes.” Jinsoul picks up the heels she stole and showcases them to the worker who is struggling to ignore her. 

“Hmm? Yeah sure.” 

The response isn’t good enough for Jinsoul, “Sooyoung pay attention to me.” Rolling her eyes when Sooyoung doesn’t move an inch, she scoots a little closer to the girl. “You wanna know a secret?” She can see Sooyoung’s gaze shifting her way still it isn’t enough and Jinsoul knows exactly what to do, “I stole these.” 

Sooyoung freezes and quickly looks up, “you did what?” The serious tone of Sooyoung’s voice makes Jinsoul pout, even though this is exactly what she wanted. 

“I stole these shoes.” Jinsoul waves around the pair of heels in front of Sooyoung’s face. Deepening her voice a bit she points at her outfit. “I also stole what’s underneath all this.” Sooyoung’s eyes widen and her jaw drops, in Jinsoul’s head, an evil laugh echoes. “You wanna see?” 

Sooyoung’s mouth opens and closes like a fish outta water, “I-I you’re um what?” Jinsoul watches the blush slowly take over Sooyoung’s features before reaching down to her pants. 

Shaky hands dart out to stop her, clinging onto her wrists. Jinsoul bites back a smile, “oh you wanna do it for me?”

Sooyoung stares into her eyes, her gaze flickering back and forth. The girl below her looks like she’s just been offered a million dollars while at the same time, in agonizing pain. “I really need to get this work done Jinsoul.” Sooyoung pleads with her, but Jinsoul thinks she’s more important than work. Just for the moment. 

Tilting her head, Jinsoul uses Sooyoung’s one weakness. “And I really need you.” When Sooyoung’s expression remains blank, Jinsoul makes sure to use her signature pout and it’s only icing on the cake at this point. Sooyoung’s resolve slowly fades away as her and Jinsoul really wonders if this is that same girl that everyone called a womanizer. The same girl who melts at her words is the same that was breaking hearts left and right.

Sooyoung sighs airly and leans back, “show me before I change my mind.” 

Jinsoul doesn’t take the warning seriously as she shimmies down her baggy jeans, revealing the silk of the white dress. Sooyoung raises her brows and Jinsoul scoffs, “what? Was expecting something else?” Sooyoung doesn’t respond, only giving Jinsoul a heavy stare that’s almost threatening. Pulling off her shirt next she allows Sooyoung the full display, “well do you like it?”

Shifting around the dress to fit her more properly, Jinsoul gets a bit nervous under that gaze of Sooyoung’s. It’s like she’s being eaten alive from a single glance. 

The chair creaks when Sooyoung leans forward, the girl’s hands ghosting around Jinsoul’s hips hesitantly. As if Jinsoul’s body was some treasure that was either y trapped or too perfect to touch. Jinsoul tells her it’s the latter, although if Sooyoung was to grab her in some way at the moment she would argue even if it’s all that she wants. 

“Heaven must be missing an angel if you’re here.”

“Oh my god you are so corny!”

Sooyoung gasps a bit offended that her charm didn’t work, “what! I’m telling the truth.“ Sooyoung grumbles and stands up to face Jinsoul. 

Jinsoul knows if these kinds of things were real, there would be tiny lightening sparks between their eyes. “I want you to tell me how you feel not butter me up with some cheesy pick up line.” 

It must be a habit of Sooyoung’s. To use empty words to get girls to go crazy over her. It’s her false charm, the one that’s so difficult to deny and easy to fall into. Jinsoul never did though, she never fell for the flirty words or longing glances. It was the girl in front of her, now blushing and refusing to meet her eyes. 

Sooyoung may be confident and all cocky when she’s playing a role, being the smooth talker she claims to be. But Jinsoul’s got her all figured out. She wants more of the dork who writes love notes in a journal. 

“I’ve never felt this way before, so I don’t know how to...I-”

“Shush.” Jinsoul presses her finger to Sooyoung’s rambling lips, “do I look nice?”

“Good enough to eat.”

Rolling her eyes, Jinsoul asks again, “Do you like me in this dress Sooyoung?”

Sooyoung blinks at her, not for sure what game she’s playing at. Instead of answering this time she glances down at the floor, “and you stole these too?” 

Jinsoul’s a bit disappointed from the switch up, since she was expecting to tug Sooyoung’s heart out a little more from it’s heavily guarded fortress. “Yup.” Sooyoung nods and picks them up, inspecting them carefully, “cute right?”

Sooyoung shrugs, “they’re okay” 

“Like you would know anything about fashion.” Jinsoul lies, because it’s the one reason she was so into Sooyoung in the first place. 

“Uh huh yeah keep talking I’m sure it’ll get you somewhere.” Sooyoung then pats the desk for Jinsoul to sit down and when the blonde refuses to move she finds herself being hoisted onto it anyways. “All you do is use that mouth.” 

Jinsoul crosses her arms, “well you weren't complaining about it when I- OW!” Sooyoung pinches the inside of her thigh and it only irritates her even more, “freaking .” 

Sooyoung giggles as she kneels down, making Jinsoul blush. The blonde knocks her knees together since Sooyoung’s in such a promising position and the blush deepens once she realizes what the girl is really doing. Her heart flutters as Sooyoung lifts one of the heels to size it to her foot. But before Sooyoung tries to slip it on, soft lips press against Jinsoul’s knee and further down her leg. 

Jinsoul’s never got so light headed over something so trivial, but the way Sooyoung glances up at her with those hooded eyes makes her dizzy. “I wish I had the words Jung Jinsoul, to tell you how beautiful you look in that dress, but I’m afraid I don’t.” Sooyoung’s touch inches across her ankle and up the back of her leg, “I wish I had the words to tell you, but there isn’t anything that I can say that comes close to explaining the feeling I get when I’m around you.” Jinsoul could pass out. Use too, the poetics would have just annoyed her, but now all they do is make her weak.

She’s never liked being so weak until now. 

“And you’re my princess and I want to treat you like so.” 

Sooyoung plants one more kiss on the inside of her thigh and Jinsoul...like she always does, uses without really thinking about it. “You need to stop Ha Sooyoung.” The girl looks up at her with that same, dreamy smile as always and it just edges Jinsoul’s heart closer, “you’re making it too easy to-“ fall for you.

“Uh oh.”

Jinsoul is interrupted and she thanks the universe for the timing. She knows exactly what she almost said and she’s not too sure if Sooyoung was ready to hear such a thing. Oh Jinsoul you can’t flub it up now! She knew Sooyoung was all weird and stuff about love and feelings even if deep down inside she felt the same, Jinsoul can tell Sooyoung doesn’t like to open up. 

However, Jinsoul’s very open with her feelings. Although she’s never felt this way before. Her emotions always bulldoze their way through any coherent thought. Just like now...when she realizes what Sooyoung had interrupted her for. 

“Come on Sooyoung cut it out and just shove it on or whatever.” The shoe wasn’t fitting, no matter how Sooyoung tried. The heels she stole were too small.

“I can’t, you’re fat foot won’t fit.”

“Whatever, gimmie that.” Jinsoul grabs the heels out of Sooyoung’s hands, “as if, my foot isn’t fat Sooyoung. See? They fit.” They both look down at Jinsoul’s foot...where the heel barely hangs on. If Jinsoul were to walk right she’d surely take a dive face first into the floor. 

Sooyoung glances up at her and sarcastically says, “sure, like a glove baby.” Jinsoul’s lip starts to tremble, “oh no.” 

Just as Sooyoung was about to comfort Jinsoul the door to the office swings open, “hey boss I have...um oh!” Sooyoung darts up, since the display probably didn’t look the best. Jinsoul is on the desk whining and crying with Sooyoung on her knees…in front of Jinsoul. 

“Haechan, uh I was just tying her shoe.” 

He looked at Sooyoung skeptically before glancing down at Jinsoul’s feet, where the heel that was on had slipped off since well, her feet were too fat. The blonde usually resistant to any shame, has completely succumbed to it hiding her face in her hands.“Boss, she doesn’t have any shoes on.” 

Sooyoung is just as red as Jinsoul is now and not only from seemingly being caught. “That’s because I took them off of her just before you walked in and- what the hell do you want?” 

“I was going to tell you the travel plan for the-”

“Great! Thanks you can go now!”

“But boss I haven’t told you yet.”

Sooyoung glances at Jinsoul who thankfully isn’t looking before making a cut-throat gesture towards Haechan and mouthing shut the up to him. He gets the message clearly and scurries out of the office, before scrambling back to shut the office door when Sooyoung screams at him to do so.

Jinsoul hears Sooyoung take a deep breath and she doesn’t want to take her hands away from her face. She’s incredibly embarrassed and has lost all her dignity. How did she get the wrong size and now she was gonna look dumb as hell in her sneakers with this dress. 

“Are you crying?” 

“No.” Yes, she was bawling her eyes out in silence. 

“It’s just some shoes Jinsoul, shoes that you stole by the way.” 

Jinsoul finally shows the tears rolling down her cheeks and Sooyoung tries her best not to laugh. It only makes things worse, “of course you don’t get it! You’re just a freaking dweeb!” Sooyoung eventually breaks out into a laugh, finding Jinsoul’s tantrum amusing. The older girl pats on her head like she’s a puppy that’s been scolded instead of a girl that’s sobbing over some kitten heels. Jinsoul makes a pitiful noise that Sooyoung giggles and she can’t stand it anymore, “really you’re gonna make fun of me!”

“I’m afraid if I get any closer that you’ll bite my head off.”

Roughly rubbing underneath her eyes she grumbles, “jeez you are such a jerk sometimes.” 

Sooyoung seems to soften up at that and pulls Jinsoul to stand. Instantly the turmoil that Jinsoul’s soul is going through disappears as she feels the warmth of Sooyoung’s body against hers. Lithe arms wrap around her and lips press at her temple, the tension in her jaw slackens in the slightest since she was still grinding her teeth from the frustration. “Tell me what to do to make it better.” The low velvet of Sooyoung’s voice finally calms her, but she’s still devastated. 

“How about...a trip to the mall?” 

“No, I don’t want to look at another pair of heels ever again in my life.”

Sooyoung snorts but continues anyway, “go eat our way through the noodles at planet food?” The older girl’s tone is so chipper and Jinsoul can’t help but smile. It’s the start of one, but no one is able to make her smile like this other than Sooyoung.

“Ew...that’s probably why my feet are fat.” 

The girl pulls away from her, cheeks puffed up from the grin she’s wearing. Jinsoul’s heart starts to heal from the trauma that the shoes brought. “Okay okay, what about,” Sooyoung pretends to think, cutely rolling her eyes around her office as if she’s in deep thought, “ooh I know, but you gotta close your eyes for it. This is my best offer yet.” 

Jinsoul blinks and a few stray tears still fall but she closes her eyes anyway. For a few seconds nothing happens. She can just feel Sooyoung pulling her closer, squeezing onto her tightly. Jinsoul remembers Sooyoung’s words in the journal.

I want to hold her, just for a little while. 

She wonders how long Sooyoung’s waited for this and if she’s happy that she’s finally got it. If the dazzling smile Jinsoul receives on the daily is anything to go by. She thinks that it may be true. And Jinsoul would like it to remain true forever.

Jinsoul wants to continue being the one of the reasons Sooyoung smiles so much.

When Jinsoul is about to open her eyes again, wanting to know just what Sooyoung was up to, plump, impossibly soft lips press against hers in a slow yet firm kiss. Jinsoul hums when Sooyoung’s lip moves just in the slightest, deepening it for a second before pulling away, creating a subtle noise from the parting. 

Fluttering her eyes open, Jinsoul stares into Sooyoung’s, which are darker than black, yet they make the blonde melt with warmth. If Sooyoung’s smile was dreamy, her eyes must be a fantasy. “How was that?”

Jinsoul lowers her gaze down Sooyoung’s features and onto her lips, “I-I think you have to do it again.”

“Yeah? Was that not good enough?”

Blushing, she shakes her head, her hands finding their way around Sooyoung’s neck. She doesn't know whether to pounce onto Sooyoung because she’s so cute, or to just wither away because it’s too much for Jinsoul’s heart. “More like too good to be true. I want you to do it again so I know it’s real.” The flirtatious glint fades in Sooyoung’s eyes and they’re replaced with some kind of gentleness that Jinsoul doesn’t quite understand.

No one’s ever looked at her the way Sooyoung has. 

Not even the guys that said they were in love with her. Jinsoul just thought it was because she was a bad girlfriend. But really, it’s more than that. Sooyoung bends down again, tilting her head before locking their lips in a softer, sensual kiss that leaves Jinsoul more confused than before. Jinsoul has so many questions about this love she has, if it’s even love or if that’s just a single silly word among thousands to describe an unexplainable feeling.

Sooyoung pulls away, her tongue swiping across Jinsoul’s bottom lip in a teasing manner. The blonde can’t help but to plead, “again.” Something consumes Jinsoul in that moment, when Sooyoung whines into when she pulls at the baby hairs on the back of the girl’s neck before running her hands through silky hair. She doesn’t know if it's Sooyoung’s desperation as the kiss gets deeper and more eager. Or if it’s the taste of her lips against Jinsoul’s tongue. Maybe it’s just the way Sooyoung clings to her as loses herself in the rhythm of it. 

All Jinsoul knows, as Sooyoung kisses her with this devotion to make her forget about those stupid freaking shoes.

Is that she doesn’t need the answers when Sooyoung’s the one. 

~~~~

Sooyoung sneaks her out of the office after a few hushed promises and more dizzying kisses. The promises that Jinsoul, by the end of the day, will forget all about the kitten heels that didn’t fit. 

Instead, Jinsoul is wrapped up in Sooyoung’s coat, since she was too embarrassed to be seen in sneakers while wearing this dress. Her other clothes are forgotten in Sooyoung’s office, Jinsoul wonders what the girl will write in her journal about today. 

“Are you taking me on a date?” 

Jinsoul asks as Sooyoung leans onto the elevator wall. With every floor down, Jinsoul’s heart drops with it. “Yes, if that’s what you want.” Sooyoung’s voice is lowered down to a whisper and Jinsoul leans closer just to hear the rasp of it. “I’d do anything for you.”

Glancing over to the other wall, where another woman stands, dressed the same as Sooyoung, Jinsoul pushes her luck. “Would you kiss me again? Right now.” Sooyoung stares at her for a second before blushing deeply, side glancing at the woman who was basically ignoring them.

Jinsoul knows her answer when Sooyoung shushes her and slightly scoots away. Not all of Sooyoung’s promises are true, but Jinsoul knows it’s more than enough with the way Sooyoung keeps looking at just to see if she was serious. 

Sooyoung thinks about it, the risk and all. It makes it worth it to Jinsoul.

Jinsoul’s never shared herself with anyone like this before, she’s never allowed herself to be so vulnerable. And she knows Sooyoung never shared herself with anyone like this either. Jinsoul’s still learning these weaknesses. How Sooyoung is more aware of her surroundings when Jinsoul’s love is the tunnel vision.

Being with Sooyoung, Jinsoul knows there will be the blind spots. The things she doesn’t understand since she’s never felt this way before. Things she didn’t even know existed until Sooyoung appeared, like a stray bullet. 

But Jinsoul said will learn them.

She’ll learn to find the blind spots. 

~~~~

And there you have it...worst chapter yet.  Anyways hope you all enjoy Bc I did not. Next update whenever I haven’t even started on the chapter >:) school is actually kicking my this semester my lord 

As always lots of love mwah