Secrets

Pixel Dreams of You

“I’m bored.” Jinsoul groans out and leans forward to give Sooyoung an intense stare. The older girl simply side eyes her before going back to playing her game. It was a Sunday afternoon and nobody was in the arcade except them. The music wasn’t even playing so it was eerily quiet except for the occasionally 8 bit tracks from certain games. 

Jinsoul sighs and rests her cheek into the palm of her hand. She watches Sooyoung chew her gum while playing street fighter since it was finally free since most of the dweebs didn’t come on sunday. But Jinsoul felt like the real dweeb because she was in the arcade on a sunday. But Sooyoung really wanted to play apparently, and Jinsoul hates to admit it, but she loves being around the older girl no matter what they do.

However, Jinsoul thinks she may die if she doesn’t do anything soon, “Sooyoung I’m booored.” She stopped playing street fighter a few minutes ago since Sooyoung was lowkey bad at it and Jinsoul was tired of whooping her . But the older girl was determined to get good. 

Sooyoung smacks her gum some more and Jinsoul wants to tear it out of . She only did it to get on the blonde’s nerves. Sooyoung groans as she loses and turns to Jinsoul her eyes slightly bigger from her glasses and Jinsoul smiles at how adorable it is, but then it’s totally ruined when she’s reminded what a jackass the older girl is, “whining about it is not gonna make it better.” Sooyoung smirks, “so shut up.”

Jinsoul glares at her as her face heats up; she then launches at Sooyoung and puts the girl in a headlock. They wrestle around for a few minutes, Jinsoul cracks up at how weak and puny Sooyoung is. She was tiny in her arms and Jinsoul couldn’t help but want to actually hold her for real. And for once to not use play fighting as an excuse to touch Sooyoung. 

The older girl groans with frustration and finally breaks free from Jinsoul’s torture. Jinsoul giggles at the mess that she’s made of Sooyoung but the older girl only starts to laugh with her. Sooyoung races towards her again and their hands clash together.

Jinsoul pushes against Sooyoung and the older girl pushes back. They slip forward and backwards on the abstract carpet with grease and beer stains. Their shoes slip on the carpet as they push against each other. Jinsoul even teeters them side to side.

Their fingers are tangled together and soon the arcade is filled with breathless laughs. Jinsoul likes it better this way, how things have become less serious between them since their little heart to heart conversations. She doesn’t see Sooyoung as cold hearted anymore and she isn’t so stubborn when hiding her feelings. It’s playful and Jinsoul realizes she’s been searching for something like this for a long time. 

A friend like Sooyoung. It isn’t complicated with her and Jinsoul feels special with the older girl. It’s weird how they’ve wanted to get closer since the beginning. Except Jinsoul was too prideful to admit she admired Sooyoung and the older girl hated when anyone would bust down her walls of protection, which is exactly what Jinsoul did. 

They fit, Sooyoung seemed to understand her without the explanations and vice versa. She was just too shy to really tell Sooyoung that. She just cherished what they have now and hopes they get closer than ever before. 

Neither of them realized how much fun they had together until they were alone again. Jinsoul couldn’t stop thinking about Sooyoung without a smile stretching across her face. The older girl has turned her world upside in just the right way. 

Taeyong the boy who works evenings yells at them, “WILL YOU ALL QUIT IT BEFORE YOU BREAK SOMETHING?!” Jinsoul and Sooyoung freeze and the boy glares at him, holding his little comic book.

Jinsoul has the urge to go and rip it in front of his face. Instead she focuses on Sooyoung and settles on sticking her tongue out at the boy while she receives the middle finger back. Jinsoul drops her hands with Sooyoung’s fingers still entangled with hers. Jinsoul looks down at them intertwined. Sooyoung’s hands fit perfectly in hers, but they’re all sweaty and Jinsoul wonders why until she’s given a vague answer.

Sooyoung must have been staring down too because she suddenly jerks her hands from Jinsoul’s and shoves them in her back pockets. The blonde stares at the girl who’s now blushing and Jinsoul understands now why Sooyoung gets so shy around her.

Jinsoul knows she’s a pretty girl, and Sooyoung obviously gets nervous around her. She has these habits that Jinsoul’s picked up on. She’ll rub the back of her neck or head or she’ll shove her hands into her pockets. She does this little smile that makes her nose scrunch up and it’s the cutest thing Jinsoul’s ever witnessed. Sooyoung twiddles her fingers together and speaks a bit softer than usual when Jinsoul says something flirty. That’s when Jinsoul knows she’s done something that’s made Sooyoung’s heartbeat a little faster. 

Those moments are what Jinsoul works toward. Just so that she knows she has some sort of affect on the older girl. She likes making Sooyoung happy, because she likes her smile.

It makes sense that Sooyoung’s gay, she gets shy when Jinsoul tell her she’s pretty and blushes at the smallest amount of affection. It explains why she panics when Jinsoul flirts back or closes up at the mention of boys. But Jinsoul didn't mind one bit, if anything it made her want to get closer to Sooyoung. To have the girl trust her. She felt a bit silly for not noticing, because it was so obvious now.

She’s glad that Sooyoung only likes girls, so now Jinsoul doesn’t have to worry about some boy taking all the attention she gets from Sooyoung away.

The blonde was determined to make Sooyoung her best friend now.

Jinsoul sighs when Sooyoung refuses to meet her gaze. So she reaches forward for Sooyoung’s jeans, the belt loops to be exact and pulls on them until the girl is fumbling forward. Sooyoung’s forced to look at her when their bodies are pressed together and Jinsoul smirks at how much deeper the blush on Sooyoung’s face gets. 

her lips she ignores how Sooyoung’s eyes flicker down to them for a split second, “I’m really bored.” Jinsoul knows exactly what she wants to do. The weather outside is too perfect for them to be cooped up in this old smelly arcade. 

The older girl stares right into her and Jinsoul figures that Sooyoung’s trying to read her mind, “what do you want me to do about it princess?” It’s soft and teasing. Jinsoul really likes it when Sooyoung talks to her gently. She likes it when Sooyoung calls her those stupid little names. She likes it when Sooyoung looks at her like that.

“Come home with me?” She says innocently and Sooyoung’s eyes widen. The older girl’s expression is blank before a eating grin takes over. Jinsoul knows something stupid is about to come out of the girl’s mouth.

Sooyoung giggles and leans back a bit, her hands are still in her back pockets and Jinsoul resists the urge to reach back and stick hers in as well. But her hands remain grasped onto Sooyoung’s belt loops so she can keep her close. “Damn Jinsoul we haven’t even had our first date yet and you’re already trying to take me home.” Jinsoul rolls her eyes and groans when Sooyoung winks.

That’s the thing about Sooyoung that Jinsoul can’t stand. That she gets adorably timid when Jinsoul tells her that her eyes are pretty. So shy that she can’t even look Jinsoul’s way and a blush highlights her features. Jinsoul just wants to squeeze Sooyoung in those moments. She’s too cute for her own good. 

But then Sooyoung will confidently flirt with her like this with no shame whatsoever. It’s crazy, the dynamic this girl has. It’s like she’s practiced being this smooth of a talker, but her weakness is when someone flirts back, which is what Jinsoul has been getting very good at recently. 

Jinsoul rolls her eyes before replying in a deeper voice, “please you don’t consider us hanging out all the times before as dates? Babe I thought you knew already?” Sooyoung’s mouth drops slightly at the teasing tone and Jinsoul whines when the older girl pushes her away in a panicked state. “I was kidding Sooyoung jeez!”

The older girl crosses her arms and huffs. Her ears are bright red and Jinsoul just wants to kiss at them. She can’t believe she’s wasted all her time before thinking that pissing Sooyoung off was the way to go, when teasing her was what really got under her skin. 

“We’re friends right? Let’s hang out.” Jinsoul mumbles out while smiling with her teeth. Sooyoung gives her a look she’s never seen before and Jinsoul’s not sure what it means. The older girl’s eyes soften but then she turns her head away trying to ignore Jinsoul.

But soon Sooyoung is laughing and Jinsoul questions it, “what are you laughing about weirdo?”

Sooyoung smiles happily and it’s infectious. Jinsoul could really get addicted to a smile like that. Sooyoung’s teeth are so shiny and her lips are perfect while they stretch across them. Jinsoul wonders how soft they are and how such an angelic sound escapes from them, “since when are we friends?” Sooyoung dares to ask with, trying to cover the hesitation with confidence but Jinsoul sees right through it. 

The blonde sighs, “well...we hang out a lot aaand I really like hanging out with you. I can only hope you do too.” 

Sooyoung’s smile drops in the slightest into something warmer. Her eyes sparkle, something Jinsoul’s never seen them do before. Sooyoung seems relieved and a bit flustered at that answer, her cheeks are pink barely noticeable from her tan skin. “Of course I do.” Sooyoung says it so breathlessly and it makes Jinsoul’s heartbeat race. 

“Then maybe we should stop pretending that we can’t stand each other.” Jinsoul tells her with all honesty. “Because the truth is...when I’m not around you all I can think about is how badly I want to see you again.” Jinsoul is pushing Sooyoung back and forth from the grip she has on her belt loops but her eyes stare at the golden necklace hanging from Sooyoung’s neck.

When she looks up, she almost wishes she didn’t because all the air is knocked out of her lungs. Sooyoung’s eyes are a bit narrowed and she looks a bit dopey with the way her head is tilted. Jinsoul’s never had anyone to look at her in the way Sooyoung does. She wants Sooyoung to look at her that way forever. “Then why won’t you call me? I know you remember my number.” Sooyoung’s voice is a bit lower than normal and it’s got a husk to it that sends goosebumps to Jinsoul’s skin.

The blonde hates how something that simple makes her feel so significant. She lets her eyes flicker between Sooyoung’s pools of black before answering, “because I’m broke.” Jinsoul giggles and Sooyoung’s gaze softens even more, “and I know I’d talk to you too much and I’d either get banned from the phone or you’d stop picking up.” 

Sooyoung snorts and shakes her head, “I’d never get tired of you and if you’re worried about money I’d give you whatever you need, anything. Just so I could talk to you.” That’s what Jinsoul lo...likes about Sooyoung, is how sweet she can be at times but she can’t handle it. Jinsoul can handle Sooyoung when she’s mad...it’s a bit scary with the way the girl’s jaw clenches. She can handle her when she’s hitting on her without shame. Jinsoul’s heart doesn’t even stop when Sooyoung gets shy and that’s the cutest thing she’s ever witnessed.

No it’s when Sooyoung says those things that feel so real. 

That’s when Jinsoul doesn’t have any control.

“Maybe I’ll call...if you hang out with me today.” Sooyoung rolls her eyes as Jinsoul laughs at her reaction. 

Jinsoul doesn’t know why Sooyoung has a problem with it when she was just saying she’d give anything just to talk to her. That’s why Jinsoul wants to get closer to her, so Sooyoung trusts her enough to tell her why she’s hesitant. Why she’s yet to tell her about herself. Hell, Sooyoung still hasn’t even told Jinsoul where she works, but the blonde already knows that...just not officially. 

The older girl leans away from her but Jinsoul’s still tugging on her belt loops. Sooyoung bites her lip, “you really wanna go back to yours?” Sooyoung peeks down and Jinsoul’s already got her eyebrow thing going. Sooyoung glances away warily and Jinsoul knows she already won.

Jinsoul tilts her head for emphasis, trying to persuade Sooyoung to spend the day with her. “Pleaasseee Sooyoung I don’t wanna sit on my all day plus it’ll be fun!” She huffs knowing it’s the ultimate way of making Sooyoung give in. Jinsoul uses her power often now. Sooyoung can’t simply resist when she pouts her lips and puffs her cheeks up.

The older girl sighs and glares at her sideways. But as soon as Jinsoul flutters her eyelashes Sooyoung groans out.

“Fine!”

Jinsoul knows she’s got Sooyoung wrapped around her finger now.

All thanks to Jiwoo’s little secret.

~~~~

Pulling Sooyoung up to her house she stops them for a second before pointing in the girl’s face. “Don’t say anything let me do all the talking.” Sooyoung nods seriously. “And ignore anything my mom and dad says, they’re weird.” Sooyoung's eyes widen and she looks like she’s about to pass out.

Jinsoul didn’t even realize they were holding hands until Sooyoung tries to pull her hand out of her grip. The blonde only reaches in more to intertwine their fingers to make it tighter. “Your parents?” Jinsoul raises a brow at how shakey Sooyoung’s voice is. “Um...uh are, nevermind.” Sooyoung had something on the tip of her tongue so Jinsoul squeezes her hand, “it’s nothing.” The older girl reassures her.

The blonde has never seen Sooyoung this scared before. It wasn’t normal, when Sooyoung’s tense face was usually from her being bashful. Jinsoul wants to ask but she also doesn’t want to push too far, which seemed like the last thing Sooyoung wanted at the moment.

Sooyoung’s walls were definitely up by the way her eyes steeled. All Jinsoul can do is drag her inside hoping that seeing her family isn’t all that bad will relax her. She yells for a greeting as she starts to take her shoes off.

She grabs Sooyoung’s hand again, planning on just speeding through the house but as she passes by the kitchen with Sooyoung being dragged behind her she’s stopped by her mom’s voice. “Soul I was...Oh!” Her mom gasps and Sooyoung bumps into her from behind making the older girl huff. “Hi sweetie.” Jinsoul hates how her mom instantly starts cheesing when she zones in on Sooyoung. “Who’s this?”

Jinsoul’s dad snorts and takes a sip of his tea, “honey I thought she didn’t like-” The man is cut off by a slap to the back of his head. Jinsoul telepathically thanks her mother for the interruption because she knows exactly what her dad was going to ask. 

They both look at her expectly and Jinsoul wishes it wasn’t the look. The one that’s silently asking if this was a friend that she got manicures with or a friend where Jinsoul isn’t allowed to close and lock her door with. Because...well Jinsoul’s got her own secrets and her parents are always questioning the girls she brings home. 

“Mama, Daddy this is my friend Sooyoung,” she emphasizes the word friend and the two of them wave eagerly at Sooyoung giving the girl billion-watt smiles. “Sooyoung these are my lovely parents.” 

The older girl goes against Jinsoul’s previous command, “Hi.” Sooyoung seems confused at their enthusiasm but waves at them anyways. Jinsoul rolls her eyes before standing behind Sooyoung to push her up the stairs.

With a wavering voice she tells her parents she loves them and reminds them again that they’re gonna do girl stuff. Just girl stuff. 

Pulling Sooyoung upstairs she grabs the doorknob and doesn’t think for a second as she pushes the older girl into her room.

But then she remembers.

NO MY SOOYOUNG SHRINE!

Jinsoul huffs and yanks Sooyoung back out before slamming the door in her face. Sooyoung’s eyes sway side to side, since the second she stepped foot into this house things have been weird. Jinsoul opens the door back up to peak her head out, “um. It's like messy or whatever. So just sit tight.” Jinsoul’s face is blank but then she gives a nervous smile before disappearing back into the room.

The blonde swipes the imaginary sweat off her brow and glances around at her room. Her vision is tunneled as it focuses on all the evidence in the room. First, all the pictures of Sooyoung taped to her wall of models. Sooyoung fit right in...so it pained Jinsoul tearing them off. She stares at them and has a revelation.

She was a bit too obsessed with Sooyoung.

Jinsoul felt almost like a stalker but no she was just determined to know everything about this girl. Okay yeah it sounds bad but Jinsoul doesn’t follow her around at least. That one time she ruined Sooyoung’s date does not count. Or the time she followed her home. Or when...okay maybe I need to tone it down a little. Jinsoul thinks as she takes the Sooyoung photo down from the dart board. 

The blonde just really liked Sooyoung, although she would die before she’d ever tell Sooyoung or anyone in that matter the extent of it. 

The extent of it being that now her diary had been nothing but Sooyoung. Yes, she thinks about her a lot and what other way to get it out of her system rather than writing all her feelings in the special little book. She carefully places the cherished and most precious pictures into the diary and closes it gently before hiding it thoroughly.

At first, the pages were just scribbles of anger and promises of revenge she’d have on Yves. Then Jinsoul had a little mystery solving stage, where she wrote down all the little hints she had of Yves and tried to fit them into a big puzzleThe pages turned angry again when she met Sooyoung. There was a whole page with just the sentence ‘I hate you’ with a picture of Sooyoung in the middle with her eyes crossed out.

Slowly but surely though, the pages have toned down. Instead of hatred it was more of just irritation. A lot of it was why doesn’t she pay me any attention. Does she hate me? Am I not good enough…what does she like?

Jinsoul’s been through a rollercoaster of emotions with Sooyoung. But the last few pages have been little notes, on the things she’s done or said to make Sooyoung laugh or smile. Just so she can read over them in the morning and remember to do them again. She remembers the last thing she wrote about Sooyoung. 

She’s weird but I like her.

And just above that was the first photo she found of Sooyoung, she had taken the time to color hearts in different shades of pink around it. Jinsoul remembered doing it, she was laying on her belly in her bed. Her feet swinging up in the air as she hummed to a love song on her radio as she repeated the shape around Sooyoung’s stupidly adorable face.

Sticking the diary in a place Sooyoung would never find it she goes to open her door to let the girl back in. Jinsoul freezes when her little sister and Sooyoung are having a staredown. Chaewon was brushing her teeth and Sooyoung had her hands behind her back twiddling her fingers. 

Her sister turns to her, “who’s this weirdo?”

Jinsoul swallows, “Sooyoung and she’s not a weirdo.” Sooyoung frowns, Jinsoul calls her one every five seconds so she’s not sure why she’s being defended right now.

Chaewon smiles, “gross...is she you know.” Her little sister makes her wrist limb and Jinsoul narrows her eyes. 

“None of your business brat.” 

“Oh and does she know you're a loser? Or are you tricking her.” 

“Shut up!”

Sooyoung watches the two go back and forth, it was like the same person. But Jinsoul’s sister was a lot quicker with coming up with insults. She was a tiny mastermind and very sarcastic. Sooyoung could barely keep up. She doesn’t know how someone could look that innocent but be that shady.

Chaewon blinks, “well don’t be loud,” the smaller girl looks them both up and down and Jinsoul’s face turns bright red. “Doing whatever it is that...nerds do.” 

Jinsoul rolls her eyes tired of her sister's mouth and pulls Sooyoung in for a final time. Shutting the door and locking it she bangs her forehead against the wood for a few seconds. “I’m gonna kill her…” Jinsoul promises to herself. Chaewon better sleep with one eye open. Turning around she realizes she probably should have kept banging her head until she was unconscious.

Because Sooyoung’s lips are twisted in an amused smile as she looks around at Jinsoul’s room. Sooyoung picks up her Jem figurine and giggles at it.

Oh me…

“You are like the biggest dork ever.” Chaewon and now Sooyoung were making fun of her hobbies. Yes Jinsoul had a lot of geek in her room but she didn’t deserve all of this backlash, she just wanted to fangirl in peace. Her walls we covered with pop stars, not counting her model wall which she cherished. The rest of her wall was covered by video game posters and movies that she was made fun of for liking.

She had a lot of collectibles, from stuff like Power Rangers, Care Bears, and Urusei Yatsura. But her real prize was all the robot action figures she had, from voltron and the super dimension fortress macross, all the way to her robotech that she had to put together herself. 

Jinsoul was a collector, she liked getting anything from any media she liked. Right now her obsession was Jem and Rainbow bright. Sooyoung takes her time looking at all the stuff she has, she whines when Sooyoung picks up her most prized possession. Her fizzgig plushie, “dark crystal huh.” Sooyoung mumbles out, her voice airy and her smile wide. 

Looking down at her feet she shyly whispers out, “it’s like my favorite movie.” Another one of Jinsoul’s favorites was the neverending story and her falkor plushie was right beside her fizzgig. 

Sooyoung puts it down and shakes her head, amazed at it all. Jinsoul watches as the older girl brushes her hands across her shelf full of comics and manga. Jinsoul didn’t like novels though, they were too much and had no pictures. Sooyoung stops at her desk and looks down at her custom pair of dice for D&D and her character sheets. “You even play dungeons.” 

Jinsoul pouts up, “I know it’s lame and I’d like if you’d stop-”

“It’s amazing.” Sooyoung looks up at her and her eyes are sparkling with admiration and wonder. Jinsoul quickly shuts as Sooyoung continues to stare at her softly, she almost seems shocked. “You’re ama…” Sooyoung stops herself and Jinsoul wishes she’d finish, the blonde doesn’t think she’s ever felt this warm.

Sooyoung’s gaze eats her alive and Jinsoul stands there awkwardly, she’d never bring the older girl here again. “You have no idea how cute you really are.” Sooyoung says and as soon Jinsoul looks up the older girl glances away. “You just don’t seem like you’d be into all this…”

“Yeah yeah, I don’t look like a loser but surprise.” Jinsoul groans and goes to flop onto her bed.

Sooyoung laughs and continues to check everything out, Jinsoul knows that Sooyoung’s into this stuff as well by the way she carefully handles everything and doesn’t even touch some of it. “It’s seriously cute I just can’t wrap my head around it.” Sooyoung repeats herself, still gushing over it all. “I mean a lot of this other stuff makes sense,” Sooyoung points to her Janet Jackson poster. “But you’re the last person I’d imagine being into Dark Crystal and having all these assembled Robotechs.” Sooyoung rambles out to the blonde kicking her feet off the side of her bed, “it was even weird seeing you in an arcade.”

“And why is that?” 

Sooyoung’s shoulders slump, “because you’re like an angel and you smell nice.” Jinsoul blushes and turns her cheek. She twists the sheets into the palm of her hands. It was a mistake in bringing Sooyoung here, she wasn’t even flirting now. Sooyoung was just saying what was on her mind. “I don’t know, arcades aren't cool, the last place I’d expect to meet a girl like you.” 

Jinsoul snorts, “and where’d you expect to meet a girl like me?” She’s curious, Sooyoung seemed to have assumptions about her even after all this time. The older girl spins around her room in awe, discovering new things at every glance. 

She watches as Sooyoung’s lip juts out in a pout as she picks up a mini keytar model. “Maybe the mall? At the movies...anywhere really.” Sooyoung rambles as she carefully sits the model down. “If I think about it, the arcade isn’t what makes it weird.” 

“Then what does?” Jinsoul knots her brows together and leans further off the bed.

Sooyoung hums, “that you even talked to me in the first place.” Jinsoul doesn’t understand what the older girl means, nor does she get an answer. Surely the girl didn’t think she wasn’t cool enough for Jinsoul? Because if anything, Jinsoul was the one that couldn’t believe she got Ha Sooyoung to be her friend. The swagger that Sooyoung had came naturally, and she was alluring without even trying. Everything she did was effortless, Sooyoung was the kind of person who didn’t have time for others unless they were special. 

The older girl was straight out of the magazine. People would kill to be like Sooyoung, they would even kill to be with her.

~

What Jinsoul fails to realize is that Sooyoung feels the same way. If it was any different, the only time she would cross Jinsoul’s path would be by accident. While the arcade was coincidence, it turned into something more. Because Jinsoul had found interest in her. Sooyoung just doesn’t know why. 

No, if it was either other way, Sooyoung would have never met Jinsoul. She’d see her in the distance with a group of people that were nothing like her. Jinsoul would never notice her and Sooyoung would only stare a few seconds before moving on. The only thing she would remember is how pretty the blonde’s smile is. 

They’d become ghosts, and not realize they were haunting each other. 

But no, somehow, Sooyoung had managed to capture Jinsoul in the flesh.

Jinsoul reminded Sooyoung of those girl’s that never spared a glance in her direction. Never acknowledge her existence or even knew she was there to begin with. Sooyoung didn’t care that much, even though she found those girls perfect. She now realizes that they are nowhere near perfect, not with the discovery of Jinsoul. 

The blonde is nothing near to being perfect either, but she is to Sooyoung.

~

Jinsoul watches as Sooyoung sways around, deep in thought so she breaks the spell of silence. “What? Can’t get it in your head that I could begin to like a loser like you?” Sooyoung glares at her, a mix of embarrassment and agreement. Trying to figure out how the blonde read her mind. Jinsoul smiles before liking her teeth, “the truth is, I don’t why the hell I like you either, but I do.” Well, Jinsoul can think of a few things...why she likes Sooyoung so much.

“Sorry, half of my brain isn’t for boys and the other for money and clothes. That has to be what you’re thinking.” Jinsoul often gets that misconception of herself. Most people see her and think it’s empty up there. She’s a bit disappointed that Sooyoung would even think that about her.  “I do like them, but I like a lot of other things too.” 

Including you.

Sooyoung snorts, “I don’t think you like boys that much actually.” Jinsoul blushes, is it that obvious? “Judging by the lack of pictures of them in this room, it’s mostly...women.” Sooyoung explains as Jinsoul’s eyes widen and she looks down at her feet nervously. “What’s really bugging me is I have no idea how you even afforded most of this stuff.” Her face goes blood red well...Jinsoul had to like boys. Or she wouldn’t be able to buy . Jinsoul is kinda ashamed of how much she sleeps around just so she gets to go shopping. 

“I am into boys, they’re just dumb but they buy me anything I want if I’m sweet to them.” Jinsoul lies and Sooyoung slowly starts to make her way over to her. Jinsoul picks at her nails before glances up at Sooyoung through her eyelashes. The older girl's eyes are narrowed and she has a playful smirk on her lips. She steps even closer and Jinsoul holds her breath when she can smell Sooyoung’s perfume. The blonde looks straight ahead but quickly glances to the left when her gaze falls onto the girl’s bare waist. 

Why does Sooyoung love wearing tight clothes that are too small for her. Except they weren’t, they fit her perfectly. Jinsoul could see the faint line of tone muscles, the poke of angled hips, and Sooyoung’s belly button. Which was really cute, Jinsoul wanted to poke it. Jinsoul screams internally and figures that losing herself in Sooyoung’s eyes was a better option besides getting warm under the thought of touching the smooth skin of her tummy. She glances up and manages to get even warmer.

She can tell Sooyoung doesn’t necessarily agree with her statement, she has other ideas of what Jinsoul is into. And Jinsoul can’t figure it out, she wishes she could read Sooyoung’s mind as the older girl lets her words flow in one ear and out the other. 

“Is that how you got all this stuff? A boy bought it all for you.” Jinsoul raises a brow at Sooyoung’s question, it has a slight edge to it. Jinsoul bites her lip and nods, still looking up at Sooyoung. She flutters her eyelashes when the older scoffs on accident, obviously showing her disinterest on the subject. “Did you like him a lot?” Jinsoul thinks for a moment, she thinks the happiest day she’s ever had was when she broke up with him. So she shakes her head no. 

“Not really, he was mean. But the was okay and he had a lot of money.” Sooyoung barely smiles but her nose scrunches up. Clearly grossed out and Jinsoul doesn’t blame her. Jinsoul didn’t really like doing it, most of the time the thought gave her the heebie jeebies. But she did like the attention and knowing at least someone wanted her. Jinsoul liked being wanted. Sooyoung then groans and turns her head, Jinsoul doesn’t miss the way the older girl’s jaw clenches. So Jinsoul tries to ease it, “I don’t think I’ve ever really liked someone like that.”

Sooyoung flops beside her, “me either. Men irk me.” The older girl sighs out and Jinsoul scoots closer, she likes being close to Sooyoung. “I just don’t like sleeping alone.” Jinsoul wonders why, it’s such a specific reason...even though she knew Sooyoung was lying about liking men. The older girl then turns to her and Jinsoul gasps at close Sooyoung. “Since neither of us really like guys that much let’s make a deal.”

Jinsoul raises her brow, “a deal?”

“Yeah, so we don’t have to waste our time on them.” Sooyoung smirks then, it’s sideways and Jinsoul can’t help but let her eyes fall down to those plump lips. Jinsoul laughs, feeling like she was going a bit crazy. Sooyoung was really dreamy when she was this close. Jinsoul could count her eyelashes and the light that shined through her window hit Sooyoung’s eyes just right. They were dark shade of brown. “If you’re sweet to me, I’ll buy you anything you want.” 

Jinsoul’s heart pumps painfully, why was Sooyoung so cute suddenly? She likes how the older girl’s whole face moves with her smile. Her nose, her cheeks rise adorably and her eyes crinkle in the corners. Jinsoul starts to imagine how Sooyoung looks in the morning, fresh faced. “And in turn…” Sooyoung begins and Jinsoul becomes very aware of what the girl had said before. She said she hates sleeping alone. Her eyes must be the size of plates.

Oh god oh what the hell do I say? Was Jiwoo right? Was Sooyoung about to ask if they could ? Jinsoul was about to scream no until Sooyoung finished, “you’ll call me so I won’t feel so lonely.” Her heart stops, relief floods Jinsoul’s body and she slumps against Sooyoung. The older girl seems to get a little stirred up at the contact and panics a bit when Jinsoul hugs her tightly. 

Jinsoul didn’t want to think about Sooyoung playing her. She pushed her convo with Jiwoo deep down, where she had completely ignored most of what was said.

She’s in a bit of denial.

So all she does now is thank god that she doesn’t have to deal with that. 

Jinsoul pulls back slightly and stares into Sooyoung’s wide eyes. “You’ll buy me anything I want?” 

Sooyoung nods, “of course. Anything for you princess.” 

The blonde squeals before attacking Sooyoung’s face with her lips. The older girl groans but Jinsoul doesn’t care. She felt her world crashing down on her just moments ago, the thought of losing Sooyoung as a friend was terrible. And well, the thought of Sooyoung being the bestest of friends made her the happiest girl alive. She couldn’t help but want to plant her lips all over Sooyoung’s stupidly attractive face.

Her smooches make noises as they make contact with Sooyoung’s face and the older girl’s features squish up every time her lips press to the soft skin. Her hands were cradling Sooyoung’s head and the girl’s fingers were wrapped around her wrist trying to push her off...but Sooyoung wasn’t trying that hard. She could really push her off if she wanted.

When she finally pulls away she just knows her eyes are sparkling with delight. Sooyoung is blushing, a goofy smile fighting against her lips as she lets out a breathy sigh. The girl looked like she was on dope and Jinsoul felt the same. 

Sooyoung laughs and it’s still winded from where Jinsoul managed to knock the air out of her lungs, “I guess that’s a yes?” Jinsoul stays silent, her answer in her smile. Sooyoung takes it as an answer but all Jinsoul can think about is how a certain shade of lipstick would look amazing on the older girl.

“Can I give you a makeover?”

~~~~

Sooyoung had gone through her records, the older girl had bragged on her large selection before choosing a Tina Turner album before putting it on the turntable. They went through her collection while Jinsoul had slowly worked on Sooyoung’s face. Right now she was blending blue and gold on Sooyoung’s eyelids as the girl gently grasped the back of her thighs.

At first Jinsoul didn’t mind the grip Sooyoung had on her, but it was proving to be distracting, Sooyoung’s soft palms on the back of her bare thighs. Jinsoul almost regretted wearing short shorts. She was standing between the older girl’s legs as Sooyoung sat on the little bench to her vanity. 

One of her hands was barely cupping Sooyoung’s jawline, as the other finished up the eyeshadow and gold shimmer. Sooyoung’s head was tilted up, relaxed and Jinsoul was afraid she was falling asleep. But when she mutters that she was done Sooyoung’s eyes flutter open and Jinsoul pays close attention to how large the older girl’s pupils are.

Jinsoul smiles, “looking good Ha.” Sooyoung mirrors her by giving her an equally lazy smile. Jinsoul then starts to work on putting blush and eyeliner on as Sooyoung hums at the soft fingers brushing against her. Jinsoul pushes Sooyoung’s hair behind her ear before leaning a bit closer making her legs press into Sooyoung’s chest.

“Can I ask you a question?” Sooyoung mumbles out, clearly sleepy from how gentle Jinsoul’s being with her.

The blonde hums, “don’t make it stupid.”

Jinsoul hears a stifle laugh before Sooyoung’s smooth voice reaches her ears again, “why are you such a nerd.” The blonde freezes and lets her face drop. Leaning back she puts one hand on her hip while the other flops to her side. Sooyoung still has her eyes closed, fighting back a laugh. 

As soon as Sooyoung opens one of her eyes and meets Jinsoul’s deadpan stare her laugh finally breaks loose. Jinsoul rolls her eyes before shoving Sooyoung’s shoulder. “I’m not a nerd.” Jinsoul seeths out of her teeth.

“Sure you’re not, just like you’re not a sore loser either.” Sooyoung giggles, a teasing smile breaking out on her face. “Don’t worry Barbie, your little secret is safe with me.” 

Jinsoul glares at her, so is yours Ha Sooyoung. 

The blonde knows a lot more about Sooyoung than the older girl realizes, she’d better watch her tongue. Shaking her head she grabs Sooyoung’s face a bit rougher this time, going back to painting her face. She usually doesn’t talk about it, but since Sooyoung asked, she doesn’t really mind. “Back when I was younger, not a lot of people were nice to me.”

Sooyoung’s smile slowly drops into a frown so Jinsoul continues, “I had friends, a good bit of them actually, but not everyone liked me. So I stuck to myself a lot and ended up getting into this , because it made me forget about my life. It was a distraction at first but kinda became my comfort.” Jinsoul was poor back then, she didn’t have nice clothes or pretty hair. She talked too funny and slow. And she was easy to pick on because she’d get so angry.

Boys would call her four-eyes and ugly to her face, but then after school would follow her home asking if they could talk on the phone. Jinsoul of course took advantage of that, any attention was good enough. Boys never hurt her, because she couldn’t bring herself to like them enough to care. Girls did hurt though, in the best way possible. Jinsoul remembers how good it felt when a girl would tell her she’s pretty or that she’s funny, she’d have dreams about them. A lot of dreams. But that was the extent of it, no girl really never wanted anything to do with her, she was too weird. 

However, Jinsoul’s heart was broken once. When a girl she trusted stabbed her in the back. She vowed to never get that close to someone ever again. She found peace within an arcade when that happened. Like she’s always found peace in watching shows or skimming through magazines.

But here she was, because with one look from Sooyoung, it took her back when she was seventeen. When all she could think about is how much she wanted to taste cherry chapstick. How much softer girl’s lips looked compared to boys. She found it again...in the arcade where she had vowed to never feel this way again.

Jinsoul sighs as she applies the base color of pink to Sooyoung’s lips. They were perfect and Jinsoul resisted the urge to rub her thumb across the bottom one. “When moved to the city once my mom got a really good job here. That’s when I found out about video games.” Jinsoul smiles at the memory of when she first played, “it was weird at first, but the more I played the deeper I got into it. Nothing has ever managed to make me feel better like playing has.” 

She finished the lipstick and then grabs some gloss, “I forgot about everything that was bothering me, it was like I was in-”

“Another world.” Sooyoung finishes her sentence for her and Jinsoul finally notices how the older girl’s grip has tightened on her thighs and how her eyes have glossed over in awe.

“Yeah.” Jinsoul sighs out and turns to start on Sooyoung’s hair, she already had her irons heating up. “Takes the edge off ya know.” The blonde tries to swallow the tension down but it’s hard when Sooyoung’s looking at her through the mirror like that.

Sooyoung takes a deep breath, “yeah, I know what you mean.” The older girl fakes a smile before admitting, “I’ve never really made friends at all.” Jinsoul starts to tease Sooyoung’s hair as she listens closely. “Like I said, I don’t like being lonely, and playing made me forget about it.” 

Jinsoul heart breaks just a bit, “for real no friends?” Sooyoung shakes her head and Jinsoul wonders who’s lying, Jiwoo or Sooyoung. “No sleep overs?” Another shake of her head so Jinsoul drops the iron, “girls nights? Double dates? Anything?” Sooyoung pouts up and Jinsoul’s unsure what to think.

“I end up ruining it.” Sooyoung meekly confesses and Jinsoul believes that both Jiwoo and Sooyoung are telling the truth. “Everytime I get close enough to someone I like I manage to it up.” Sooyoung is twiddling her thumbs again, nervous, “I don’t want to ruin it with you.” It’s nothing but honesty that sticks to Sooyoung’s voice and Jinsoul reminds herself that she never had anything to worry about in the first place. 

Jinsoul’s stomach does twists, “then I won’t let you.” She leans down to wrap her arms around Sooyoung’s chest from behind, staring straight at the girl in the mirror as she places her head against hers. Jinsoul’s not sure if Sooyoung’s warning her herself, but she’ll be sure to protect herself for the benefit of the both of them.

Because Sooyoung’s too good to lose. 

Jinsoul’s never had a connection like this to anyone else. She thinks there’s a reason why they crossed each other’s paths. “I’m really glad we’re friends now, so I won’t let you ruin it...even though you are annoying as hell.” 

“Hey!” Sooyoung pouts up at her as Jinsoul leans back to finish up the girl’s hair. She was going for a feathered look, already having the outfit in mind for Sooyoung. She loves make-overs, she likes seeing how pretty she can get a girl.

A smile lingers on her face, Jinsoul’s not for sure why but she feels lucky to even be like this with Sooyoung. The older girl seemed to be the type of person to not be playful, but if anything she was just as much as Jinsoul was. She’s grateful for having the chance to meet Sooyoung, even more so to get this close to her. Jinsoul can only hope that she feels the same.

Jinsoul’s never met someone like Sooyoung, where the pull was there from the start. That Jinsoul just had to hold on even though it was rocky in the beginning. There was something about Sooyoung, that felt so right. Like Jinsoul’s been looking for her the entirety of her life. She knew since she first locked eyes with Sooyoung, none of it made sense, but it felt right.

“Kay, I’m done.” Jinsoul sighs and backs away, “get nakey I got just the fit for you.” Jinsoul stands there smiling as Sooyoung stands up, after checking herself out in the mirror. Sooyoung smiles, confidence radiating from her.

But when Sooyoung raises a brow at her, Jinsoul gets a little disappointed. “Turn around blondie.” Sooyoung twirls her finger, trying to act all cool but it was clear that she was getting nervous.

“Why? We’re just girls.” Sooyoung’s blush deepens and she shakes her head. Jinsoul rolls her eyes and huffs while turning around.

Jinsoul can feel the eyes at the back of her head, so she tries to relax, but she can’t knowing that Sooyoung is staring straight at her. “And I’m the ert. Yeah right.”

The blonde laughs, “you’re hot, can’t help that I wanted a little sneak peak.” Jinsoul shouldn’t be so honest sometimes(for the sake of keeping her secrets), but she really wishes she could see the look on Sooyoung’s face right now. She just knows the older girl probably looks like a deer stuck in headlights.

Jinsoul hums to the tune of All night long, by the Mary Jane Girls. Sooyoung had put that record on a while ago. She hears the shuffle of clothes and takes a deep breath, Sooyoung’s casual style is interesting. Today she was wearing a striped ringer tee and flare jeans that hugged her hips and waist. Jinsoul prefers high waisted jeans, but Sooyoung really liked to show off her sculpted body. Her curve was still nice while being that thin.

Taking a glance at her mirror, Jinsoul’s eyes pop out of her sockets.

Closing them quickly as she can she giggles and covers her face even further. Sooyoung had already taken her jeans off, leaving her in just her shirt. But Jinsoul had caught the split second of Sooyoung pulling that shirt up. Jinsoul noticed three things at once. That Sooyoung was watching her intensely from behind, that she had a deep and nasty scar stretched across her ribcage. And that she wasn’t wearing a bra, and Jinsoul understood why Sooyoung didn’t need one after she took a peak. They were cute.

Jinsoul reaches out with one hand and searches for her closet. What she was more curious about was that terrible scar. What could have done that? The skin didn’t look like it had healed properly, it was pink and white compared to Sooyoung’s normal glow. But it also seemed pretty old. 

She grabs her closet door and opens it along with her eyes, searching for the outfit she wanted Sooyoung to put on. It was a dark golden, plaid blazer and skirt set. With a blue turtleneck and tights to go with it. “Behind you.” The hairs on the back of Jinsoul’s neck stand as Sooyoung whispers a bit too close to her ear.

Jinsoul didn’t like getting spooked like that and elbowed Sooyoung without turning around. She hit the side without the scar and she snorts hearing the groan behind her, “don’t come up on me like that freak, you scared the outta me.” Jinsoul complains while reaching the clothes back behind her which Sooyoung takes.

The older girl behind her makes a happy noise and Jinsoul knows she’s got a good eye. She waits for Sooyoung to finish and instantly turns around once she gets permission. 

Jinsoul squeals and claps as Sooyoung’s appearance, she looks so good. Running towards her vanity she grabs a pair of large gold earrings to complete the look. She then grabs her camera and glasses, throwing a pair of pumps at Sooyoung before dragging her outside. 

She shows Sooyoung off to her parents first (after Chaewon had refused to open her door to look),  they blink at the total 180 of the girl they first saw. As Jinsoul drags Sooyoung out the door, Jinsoul’s dad turns to his wife, “well, I guess she really is just a girlfriend.”

Her mom sighs, “I know, they looked good together too.”

They then sigh sadly together.

Sooyoung struggles to keep up with Jinsoul in ill fitted pumps, the blonde drags her down the pavement a bit too excited. Sooyoung didn’t know she was gonna be in a whole photoshoot. Jinsoul takes her to a little strip of cherry blossom trees, it’s an old wall, the stones have cracked and perished due to weather, but have some life to them from the moss growing around the edge. 

Jinsoul pushes her up against the wall, cherry blossom petals litter the ground and wall behind her. Sooyoung is standing there awkwardly as Jinsoul pulls the camera up, backing away into the street.

Sooyoung stands hunched, her fist floating by her sides, “I didn’t know you wore glasses.”

Jinsoul groans, “shut up and smile.”

Sooyoung listens. Smiling awkwardly and scared, Jinsoul snaps the first shot. Testing it out. She brings it down and glares at Sooyoung who was unsure what to do. “Can you know...be you.” Jinsoul asks her and Sooyoung glances around, before posing. It takes a few tries at first, Jinsoul pretends to be taking pictures before Sooyoung starts to relax. That’s when she really starts pressing the snapshot.

Jinsoul groans when Sooyoung poses just how she wants her to. The older girl leans back onto the wall, putting one hand in her pocket, pushing the blazer behind her elbow while the other arm hangs naturally. Her legs cross in front of each other and Sooyoung tilts at an angle. Just as if it couldn’t get better, the wind blows and so do the cherry blossoms. Sooyoung’s…

“Perfect.” Jinsoul presses down as much as she can, but then Sooyoung ruins it by walking towards her. 

“Enough you’ve taken like fifty now.” Sooyoung groans and tries to take the camera out of her hands. Just when it was starting to get good, Sooyoung had to get shy. 

Jinsoul raises the camera up and away from Sooyoung’s grasp, “fifty isn’t enough!” But Jinsoul forgets how tall Sooyoung is, and she’s in heels while Jinsoul only threw her sneakers on. The camera is snatched from her and she whines as Sooyoung keeps it away from her. Jinsoul glares at her and crosses her arms, Sooyoung can’t help but laugh at the pitiful pout, “have I ever told you how annoying you can be?”

Sooyoung smirks, “plenty of times...but have I ever told you how pretty you are?” Jinsoul blushes and turns away, “one picture, and you can take however many you want of me.” Sooyoung suggests and Jinsoul’s eyes light up along with her smile. The blonde skips over to the wall, and so does Sooyoung’s heart.

Jinsoul was only wearing an old t-shirt and a pair of tiny athletic shorts, showing off the smoothness of her legs and the thickness of the muscle below them. Sooyoung swallows harshly as she brings the lense up to her eye. 

The blonde wasn’t dressed in much, but Sooyoung couldn’t deny how beautiful Jinsoul really was even in the most simplest of things. 

Sooyoung has a lot of secrets, but her biggest one yet is the one held in this tiny frame. With golden blonde hair, waved down her shoulders. Dark brown eyes, almost black, that haunt her in the night since she can’t stop thinking about how much she loves the shape of them and how pretty they are with gold shimmered around them.

A real life angel, Sooyoung thinks. As Jinsoul smiles for the camera and not her. No, for her to get Jinsoul to smile like that. Brighter than the sunlight, where every feature of hers shines, Sooyoung has to pull out her smoothest voice and all her charm. But she doesn’t mind that it takes all the effort, because it’s worth every second. Seeing Jinsoul smile like that.

She takes a deep breath, perfectJust how perfect can Jung Jinsoul get. Sooyoung clicks down, freezing the moment in time, and hopefully the secret as well. Trapping the impulsive thought that travels through her body like venom in the lens. As a memory on film. So it doesn’t continue to weigh her down as she gets closer to Jinsoul.

Jinsoul skips back over to her and Sooyoung doesn’t pay attention to anything but the melody of the blonde’s voice and the flutter of her eyelashes. In a trance, she hopes this is where she can leave behind the intrusive urges. Because she doesn’t want to ruin this. What she’s beginning to have with Jinsoul. She doesn’t want to lose someone like this due to selfish feelings.

So she’ll keep it a secret.

Just like Jinsoul keeps hers.

~~~~

Could not figure out what the hell to do for this chapter, so i made it a filler! Everyone...just take it. Please. I thought this could be the cute transition chapter from frenemies to actually friends before things start to get weird and homo. 

Spoiler for next chapter: ;)