Risky Games

Pixel Dreams of You

“I think a C plus is fair based on your behavior on Tuesday Ms. Jung .” Jinsoul stares at the grade sheet, she has good marks on all sections but at the bottom of the page there’s two bold minus ten points written in red ink. “I took a letter grade off for your attitude and the remaining points were-”

“Taken off for embarrassing you, right, gotcha teach.” Jinsoul sarcastically grumbles out and rips the paper to shreds. 

The professor frowns, “no they were legitimate, you were too confident.” 

Jinsoul throws the pieces into the trash, the last bits of her resolve. “How can you be too confident when it comes to business?” She wasn’t accepting the grade. Dr. Shim had no idea what he was talking about, last month in lecture he was just saying that confidence was the key component in being successful in business. “You can my balls. If I don’t get the grade I deserve I’m telling Mrs. Shim that I’m pregnant with your child.” 

The man turns pale in the face, “that’s very unnecessary Jinsoul.” 

“It’s also unnecessary for you to be such a prick seriously? My grade?” Jinsoul argues and the man swallows heavily. “Man you. I’ll be seeing your wifey soon and we'll be having a nice long chat.” 

Jinsoul scoffs and turns to leave, “w-wait.” The blonde smirks but doesn’t face the man again. He didn’t deserve it, “I can give you a b plus...I can’t accept no higher.” Rolling her eyes she smirks nonetheless. She wouldn’t lose her A in here now. 

It’s a bright sunny day and Jinsoul adjusts the sleeves of her blazer. She didn’t have anything else to do today and it was still early, she thinks she’ll go to the library to terrorize Jiwoo.

Down and across the street stands a disheveled Sooyoung. She had barely gotten up this morning since she stayed up late coding for a certain part in the game she was currently developing. Leading a team of whiny and pretentious brats to make a fantasy game was starting to drive Sooyoung nuts. 

She lives on coffee in the morning and herb at night when she gets most of her work done. Sooyoung constantly had a headache these days and it was starting to get to her. Her clothes were barely on right, and her hair was a bit messy. But all she had to do was to get to work on time, get the intern to get her a coffee(without milk) and work until it was time to go home. 

It was such a mundane routine that Sooyoung did not sign up for.

Even her concept art had started to suffer by the loss of sleep and motivation. And when she just started to get it again, she managed to it all up. All thanks to her short temper. All she could think about was Jinsoul’s pout and how tiny the girl looked when Sooyoung poured the molten hot anger onto her. 

To stop herself from thinking about it so much, Sooyoung threw herself into the work that was making her like this in the first place. The only thing that was relieving the stress stuck to her shoulders was ing the first chick that looks at her when she goes out. And even then it was starting to irritate her. 

Sooyoung was starting to seriously think something was wrong with her. She felt like she was going crazy. 

Yawning into her hand she tries to wake herself up by making her eyes wide. The people at the bus stop only glance at her weirdly as she becomes even more tired. She had to fight off the sleep and felt like she was gonna fall over any second. Her head throbs when she remembers Mark, the boy with bad breath and braces, has a pitch today for marketing strategies. 

Sooyoung checks her watch, where is this damn bus? Rolling her eyes she adjusts her glasses and clenches onto her bag harder. She regrets wearing a jacket since it was starting to get hotter. Trying to find something to pass the time on, she wakes up when she sees golden blonde hair shining in the distance.

Rubbing her eyes she squints and makes sure she’s not just imagining Jinsoul. Sooyoung’s a bit embarrassed now...was her mind so wrapped around this girl her eyes were playing tricks on her? The intruding thoughts and memories were enough, but now mirages?

“Oh wait, that is her.” Sooyoung mumbles to herself and one of the old people huff at her. 

Jinsoul was currently checking herself out in one of the display windows at an electronics shop. The blonde was spinning side to side, posing for herself and Sooyoung couldn’t help but smile at that. Jinsoul was truly something else and Sooyoung became fascinated. The blonde’s personality was animated but Sooyoung wanted to know the layers of it, like the one she had deeply dug into those few weeks ago. The one she regretted in doing so.

The shop owner comes to the window to yell at Jinsoul and the blonde starts to yell back. Sooyoung snorts when Jinsoul flips the owner off with both hands while still posing in the window. She’s now checking out her backside while the owner covers his face tiredly, it seems the two had history with the window games.

Sooyoung’s feet start to move on their own, and she doesn’t flinch when car horns blast in her face as she jay walks. She’s been waiting for this moment for a while. To apologize to Jinsoul.

And maybe restart this whole thing.

The blonde waves at the owner sarcastically as she leaves and he flips her off. Sooyoung follows after her with a distance. Jinsoul’s hair is thick, and bouncy, it has a wave to it that’s hard to recreate. It’s like she’s a princess or a barbie and Sooyoung wonders if any other girls are as obsessed with Jinsoul as she is. 

Jinsoul’s short, but her body proportions are otherworldly and Sooyoung can’t help but let her eyes gaze over the girl’s form. Her curves were perfect and she knew exactly how to dress to show them off. The blonde walks with confidence, and it’s peppy. Like she was running off on sunshine and nothing else.

While Sooyoung sluggishly follows behind, still not being able to function properly even after the cup of coffee she had this morning. 

Her hands go into the pockets of her dress pants that hang loosely around her hips. They’re becoming clammy, the longer she follows after Jinsoul. The blonde makes her nervous. Nobody makes Ha Sooyoung nervous. Especially this nervous. 

But this was Jinsoul she was talking about. The girl was like a living doll or could be compared to an angel, but that was just first glance. Her voice was deep and a bit hoarse, and if someone told Sooyoung that the girl was in an underground fight club she wouldn’t be surprised. The blonde was rowdy and a little reckless, but that made Sooyoung even more curious. How such a petite girl could have such a strong presence. 

Jinsoul didn’t have to try to be unique, she just was.

All that beauty layered on top wasn’t what was special about Jinsoul.

It was only natural.

And how drop dead-gorgeous she is was like the cherry on top. Sooyoung can almost feel herself swooning. Oh to be a woman like that. To have a woman like that. It was the challenge itself that was so appealing. Sooyoung would kill to have Jinsoul in the palm of her hands, to break the headstrong-will that she has.

Sooyoung thinks it’s a bit sinister, but she loves the game they’re playing.

Jinsoul was not an easy target, Sooyoung could tell the girl was extremely independent. But the thrill of having someone like Jinsoul needing her, getting attached... It just made her fall in love just a bit. Sooyoung smiles, like she’ll ever ‘actually’ fall in love. 

But for now, Sooyoung genuinely wants to apologize. Because Jinsoul didn’t deserve that side of her. She can really see herself enjoying this girl for the most part. Jinsoul was fun, and Sooyoung thinks she might be a fair player. And Sooyoung really couldn’t get over that smile.

Sooyoung secretly liked Jinsoul, she could see them being friends for a very long time...but that’s it.

The blonde in front of her slows down and Sooyoung stops entirely, one of the people walking behind her bumps into her shoulder and groans at her, “watch it jackass!”

Jinsoul stops and Sooyoung panics just the slightest.  did she notice that I’m following her? Fully alert now, since the blonde’s energy seemed to seep into her (it was crazy how contagious it was). Sooyoung darts into the alleyway, seconds before Jinsoul turns around. Sooyoung takes a few deep breaths, she doesn’t think Jinsoul saw her. God, the explaining she’d have to do.

Peeking around the corner, she doesn’t see Jinsoul anywhere. Sooyoung guesses the blonde started to walk again. Sighing in relief she turns around to rest her head on the brick wall. Sooyoung laughs at herself, maybe she wasn’t fully admitting to how much she liked Jinsoul. She was even following her like some weird stalker. Sooyoung was really slipping off the deep end, work was making her coocoo for brains. 

“Why are you following me?”

Sooyoung’s eyes break open and when she sees a blonde standing a few inches away from her she screams. Jinsoul leans back when Sooyoung busts her ear drums, slightly inclining her shoulders from the piercing screech the older girl lets out. Sooyoung lets out a huff of air and puts a hand over her chest, since her heart was beating so quickly. Jinsoul scrunches her eyebrows together, “will you shut up somebody is gonna think you’re getting murdered back here.” 

Jinsoul crosses her arms and continues to stare holes into her. Sooyoung loses every thought she had. She forgets about the game she’s supposed to be playing. Girls are supposed to be clueless around her, not the other way around. But Jinsoul seriously...has the prettiest eyes Sooyoung has ever seen.

“Hi Jinsoul.” 

“Don’t be weird, why were you following me?” The blonde asks again.

Sooyoung tries to play it cool, raising a hand to scratch the back of her head. “I wasn’t following you.”

Jinsoul doesn’t buy it, as she shouldn’t. “Oh really, then what the are you doing back here? Eating breakfast?” Jinsoul asks seriously and then looks around Sooyoung, “I don’t see a bagel Sooyoung.”

The blonde continues to glance around her, “or do you just like hanging out in alleyways? What’s the truth?” Sooyoung doesn’t say anything and Jinsoul laughs in disbelief. 

But then Sooyoung comes up with an excuse, “I-I was looking for my watch, I lost it.”

Jinsoul’s face drops, and so do her eyes. Right directly onto Sooyoung’s left wrist. “Oh like the one you have on right now?” Sooyoung hides her wrist behind her back. 

“No, my other watch.” Jinsoul blinks at her dumbly. 

The blonde scoffs, “do you think I’m stupid or something?” Sooyoung shakes her head no seriously but every second Jinsoul gets more and more irritated. “You can’t be serious right now.” Sooyoung swallows the tension down as Jinsoul’s temper dies down, and the look of disappointment etches into her features. Sooyoung thinks she’d rather have the previous attitude.

Sooyoung stays silent as Jinsoul embarrasses her. “So on top of being an , a loser, and a freakazoid. You’re a ing creep too.” Jinsoul grits through her teeth, “like who follows people like that!” Sooyoung sinks into the brink wall when Jinsoul makes some kinda disgruntled noise.

I can’t freaking stand you!” Jinsoul throws her hands up, turning to leave the alleyway.

Sooyoung should just let her go, to just leave her hanging. But she can’t. Sooyoung wants to explain herself. She grabs Jinsoul’s wrist and the blonde stops and stares down at Sooyoung’s sweaty hand tightly bound to her skin. But she doesn’t pull away, she only steps closer. “I was following you.”

Jinsoul stands there with a blank expression on her face. Sooyoung half expects the blonde to start yelling at her, but she doesn't; she waits patiently for Sooyoung to continue. “I was following you because I wanted to apologize for the other day.” 

“You mean two weeks ago?” 

“I-”

“Save it Sooyoung.” Jinsoul bitterly mutters out, while stepping closer to the woman leaned up against the brick wall. “If it makes you feel better I’ve already forgiven you, so if you want to apologize to stop feeling guilty you can. I can tell you it’s okay.” Jinsoul rambles on and raises up to fix Sooyoung’s tie, it was bothering her.

Sooyoung slightly raises her chin up so the blonde can properly fix her tie. She didn’t like how she was piercing through Jinsoul’s layers once again. “But it’s not okay.” The blonde tells her weakly. “I’m so tired of everyone being a jerk to me.” Sooyoung’s heart sinks at that, because it came straight from Jinsoul’s own. 

The blonde looks up at her with dull eyes, “am I that unbearable? That people just feel like it’s okay to treat me like this?” Sooyoung doesn’t think she’s the only one that Jinsoul’s talking about, it’s multiple people...and it makes Sooyoung feel like for being the same as them. She seriously messed up.

Jinsoul was a lot more fragile than she imagined. It made Sooyoung want to never hurt this girl. She never expected this vulnerability. “Of course not. I think it’s because you can handle it. You seem like a tough girl and people might take advantage of that...” Even I did.

Jinsoul smiles a little and starts to fix Sooyoung’s jacket as well. “You’re not wrong, but it doesn’t mean that it doesn’t hurt my feelings.” Jinsoul was only a girl, she wasn’t bulletproof, she was a girl with a heart. A big one at that, but it seemed like it made her an easy target. Jinsoul finishes fixing Sooyoung tie and backs away. “I don’t know what you feel like you’re entitled to, but if it’s my respect I’m sorry.”

Sooyoung hums, but she doesn’t argue. She doesn’t want to minimize Jinsoul’s feelings anymore. Only to prove herself to the blonde that they're not true. “I want to, but I can’t.” Jinsoul tells her seriously, “because you’re just like them. Only sweeter.” Sooyoung wants to know who Jinsoul’s referring to, but she can’t find the courage to ask. “And a lot cuter.” 

Jinsoul blushes when she says it, and Sooyoung fights the smirk of her lips. “But I can’t respect someone who doesn’t even try to have an ounce for me.” Jinsoul shakes her head sadly and starts to walk off, but she has one last thing that makes Sooyoung’s head crack, “don’t ever talk to me again freak. I mean it.”

Sooyoung nods, “okay.”

Jinsoul flips her off and disappears from the alleyway and Sooyoung rubs her throbbing migraine. Winning Jinsoul over was gonna be a lot harder than she thought. 

Her tummy rumbles. 

Maybe a bagel wouldn’t be so bad right now.

~~~~

Wiping the sweat off her face, Jinsoul listens to Xiaojun groan. “Ugh the instructor is so hot right?” The blonde rolls her eyes at him and finishes packing up her bags. 

They had just finished their one hour aerobics class and Jinsoul couldn’t wait to go home and sleep. “He’s not really your type though.” Jinsoul sighs out, “I think he might like it in the .” 

Raising up she slings her belongings onto her back. Xiaojun slicks his hair back from the sweat, looking towards the front. “I can top, especially if they’re cute enough.” 

Jinsoul is a bit disgusted, “ew gross.” 

Xiaojun laughs and squeals like a girl, annoying the hell out of the girl. “Oh shut up , I know you’re just jealous.”

“Over a ?” 

The boy smirks and shakes his head, “no, that I’m always getting some and you’re not.” Jinsoul rolls her eyes and glances over at Mingyu, the boy she banged last week after this class. She didn’t tell Xiaojun because he would have made fun of her...especially if he knew the details. It lasted all but five minutes and it ruined her favorite workout shirt since his junk went all over it. 

Jinsoul promised herself that she would be abstinent from now on to save herself from all the disappointment. The boy looks back at her and shyly waves, Jinsoul shivers with the heebie jeebies, she doesn’t know why she makes the choices she does.

“You know I can get it anytime Jun it’s just-”

“Yes I know, you hate men and it’s gross I know,” Xiaojun has heard it a hundred times before, he was starting to question Jinsoul’s uality. He thought it was a slay that she was such a man hater, it saved him from a lot of heartbreak since Jinsoul would beat his if he kept going back to something toxic.

He looks back over to the instructor, who winks at him. “Soul...can you do me like an extra huge favor.”

“Hm?”

“Can you clock me in at work.” 

Groaning she shakes her head, “no! I’m not clocking you in so you can go !”

Xiaojun begs her, “pleasseee I’ll get you a pair of louboutins for your b-day I’ve been saving up! If you make me late for a shift Kyungsoo might fire me! Then you have to kiss those babies goodbye.” They have a short stare down, but Jinsoul gives in...she couldn’t pass up on some shoes. 

Jinsoul huffs and Xiaojun hops around before hugging her. The blonde makes her way out, ignoring Mingyu who gives her a longing look. 

At the arcade, Jinsoul clocks in Xiaojun’s time slip and goes to the counter to rest. She better get some red-bottoms. Thankfully it’s not too crowded tonight, since it is a weekday and Jinsoul’s able to rest her eyes for the most part.

An hour goes by and when she’s just starting to feel herself lull she’s woken up by a gentle voice, “hey barbie, wake up.” Jinsoul grumbles and ignores the voice at first. She didn’t want to deal with whoever it was.

She feels a slight tug on her hair and she slaps the hand away before raising her head up, ready to give the bastard touching her a piece of her mind. But when she locks eyes with Sooyoung who is entirely too close to her, the words die in .

The older girl has a faint blush on her cheeks, but she smiles. “Hi.” 

Jinsoul takes a second for her brain to start working again. Sooyoung is waiting for her to say something, but all Jinsoul can think about is how cute the hair clips in Sooyoung’s hair are. But then she remembers how much of an she is and huffs, “get lost loser. I told you-”

“Yeah that you didn’t want to talk to me anymore, well I don’t want that so here we are.” Sooyoung rambles out and Jinsoul turns bright red. Why was Sooyoung looking at her like that...like she was so happy to see her.

The blonde turns her cheek, “whatever, you can stay but that doesn’t mean I want to talk to you.” Sooyoung raises up and Jinsoul’s thankful she can finally breathe again. 

Thinking that the girl was going to leave her alone, Jinsoul dies a little inside when Sooyoung leans down, tilting her head like a puppy would. “You wanna play some?”

Jinsoul’s insides twist and twirl, “no.”

“Why? Come on it’ll be fun.”

But the blonde resists, crossing her arms, “no, you were a jerk to me.” 

Sooyoung frowns and leans onto the counter, Jinsoul hates that her eyes hold so much sincerity. “I know.” Sooyoung tells her in a sweet voice.

“A big fat meany.”

“I know…”

Jinsoul pouts, feeling herself get sad again. “So why are you even here?” Why does Sooyoung keep coming back, even after all this conflict they’ve had. Even after Jinsoul has told her time after time that she doesn’t like her. Why does Sooyoung still...want this. Jinsoul doesn’t understand it. Why Sooyoung is so nice to her when she’s mean. And then the biggest jerk ever when she tried to be nice.

It’s so confusing.

“Because I wanted to apologize.” Sooyoung says honestly. Jinsoul opens to say something snarky, but Sooyoung beats her to it. “And before you say I’m only doing this to make myself feel better I’m not.” Her voice gets impossibly softer and all Jinsoul can do is look to the far left, because she knows if she looks at Sooyoung and those eyes it’s all over. “Of course, I can’t lay my head down at night sometimes because of how guilty I feel.”

Jinsoul glances at her sideways and has to tear her eyes away when she sees Sooyoung’s smile. It’s warm and it makes it difficult to be mad at the older girl. “But I also can’t stand knowing that I hurt you I’m really sorry.” Sooyoung tells her, tapping her fingers on the counter to get her attention. To make Jinsoul meet her eyes.

“How do I know you won't do it again, be mean like that?” Jinsoul asks her seriously, staring straight into Sooyoung’s eyes.

Sooyoung only tells her what first comes to mind. “I won't” There’s a pause, and a longing glance. Almost as if Sooyoung was promising her that she wouldn’t. Jinsoul wants to believe but something still tells her this was dangerous. Sooyoung clears . “And I also wanted to tell you that I was wrong about you, I really did think you were just some at first.”

Jinsoul grits her teeth as she looks away, “but you’re not at all are you?” Jinsoul doesn’t bother answering the question, Sooyoung should already know she isn’t. “I wanna get to know you, every bit of you.” Jinsoul shakes her head, starting to shake one of her legs from...whatever feeling this was. “Will you allow me to do that?” Sooyoung asks cautiously and Jinsoul averts her gaze everytime the older girl tries to capture it. 

The blonde finally gives up, a smile twitching on her lips but she fights it, chewing on the bottom one to not give the satisfaction to Sooyoung. “Why? Just the other day you wanted nothing to do with me.” 

Sooyoung sighs out of her nose and lets a smirk form, “I’ve been doing a lot of thinking, I believe you might be just the person I need in my life...we’d make a great team.” 

“Oh get real…” Jinsoul scoffs and turns her whole body but Sooyoung follows around the counter.

“I’m serious!” Sooyoung mumbles and Jinsoul turns her cheek the other way. There was no way this was happening. There was no way Ha Sooyoung was serious right now. “I think you’re something special.” 

Jinsoul huffs, “I’ll save you some time.” The blonde chews on the side of her lip, “I’m not all that really.” Sooyoung doesn’t know where the confidence has gone but she wants it back. She doesn’t like how unsure Jinsoul is about herself.

“But what if you’re wrong, will you just let me find out on my own.” Jinsoul glares at the older girl that’s holding her hands up in a pleading gesture, Sooyoung’s even got her lip jutted out in a pout. Jinsoul rolls her eyes. This girl was truly the bane of her existence.  

The blonde grumbles, “Fine, but don’t get mad when you’re disappointed.” 

Of course, Sooyoung has something to counter with, “I don’t think that’ll be a problem.”

Shrugging her shoulder Jinsoul lets out the most extra sigh she can and rolls her eyes. Finally looking Sooyoung in the eyes, “so what if that’s not the problem and the real one is I don’t want to know you...because all you are is a-”

“Big fat meany I know.” Sooyoung cuts her off and smirks, leaning back onto the counter and all up into Jinsoul’s space. The blonde leans back from the proximity, and takes a deep breath. tightens at the sweet perfume Sooyoung’s wearing. “Let me prove it, that I’m not like those other jerks.” Jinsoul raises a brow questionally and Sooyoung can’t help but laugh at all the attitude. “You caught me in a bad moment, and I promise you won’t ever again.” 

There’s something about that smile, something so charming about her voice and how they wrap around the words to make them feel so honest. Jinsoul can’t seriously consider forgiving this girl for real...but she wants to so badly. Sooyoung has always kept her tripping in some way, whether it be ignoring her existence, or treating her like the only person in the world. 

Jinsoul wants to know this girl too. How she became this gracious and why it’s so entrancing. And she doesn’t want to disappoint Sooyoung. “Fine, you’re forgiven...you can leave now.”

Sooyoung smiles with victory and celebrates with a smug look on her face. Jinsoul wishes she could punch her right now...she thinks that’s what she wants to do with her face. But the girl stays put despite what Jinsoul said, and the blonde realizes that Sooyoung wasn’t going anywhere anytime soon. 

“Oh come on, you can’t kick me out now we’re just starting over!” Sooyoung says mockingly, already teasing Jinsoul. 

“Right and I’m already sick of your face, see ya next time byeee.” Jinsoul waves her hand at Sooyoung dismissively but the older girl pushes it away from where it stuck in front of her face. 

The taller girl smirks cooly, “hmm I don’t think so, I’m not leaving until you’re smiling.”

“Are you serious right now!”

“One hundred percent.” Sooyoung quips and even lifts herself up to sit on the counter, Jinsoul groans and tries to push her off, but Sooyoung only laughs and holds tightly onto the backside. 

Hopping off her stool Jinsoul whips around the corner. She stands in front of Sooyoung, the older girl swings her legs lazily as she leans back onto her hands. Jinsoul heats up, especially in the face as Sooyoung looks down on her.

The older girl laughs lightly and pulls something out of her pocket, it’s bubble gum and she throws it in to start chewing. Jinsoul can’t believe how annoyingly attractive it is that Sooyoung’s unbothered by the pure rage in her eyes. Jinsoul felt like there was smoke about to start coming out of her ears and the girl tilts her head cutely as if she wasn’t the one about to cause the blonde to spontaneously combust. 

Sooyoung’s shirt was pink and it had ridden up when she sat on the counter. It made the girl’s tone prettier and Jinsoul averts her gaze when she sees the line of Sooyoung’s abs. Her jeans were tightly glued to her hips and Jinsoul hates how good Sooyoung looks. She liked it better when Sooyoung wore baggy clothes and she wasn’t able to see the perfect silhouette of the older girl’s body.

Grumbling to herself she fakes a smile and Sooyoung giggles at her. It was stupid...how cute and hot she was at the same time. Jinsoul would never admit that though. She could tell Sooyoung had a big ego and she’d never risk blowing that big head of hers even further.

“There, happy? Please leave me alone now.” Jinsoul groans out but Sooyoung shakes her head. Her hair was still cut short, but the way it was curled made it flip out at the ends. It was parted perfectly too, and kept that way by the colorful hair pins. 

“It was cute, but that isn't what I’m looking for.” Sooyoung says.

Jinsoul scoffs, “god you are so annoying.” 

The blonde glares at the older girl as she giggles again, but falters the slightest bit when she leans down. Jinsoul gulps as Sooyoung closes the distance between their faces, “You know you like it though.” Sooyoung draws out teasingly. There was something so effortlessly cool about the way she was drawn down, mocking Jinsoul with the tilt of her lips. Sooyoung raises back up, still staring at her. 

Jinsoul wants to know how Sooyoung ended up that way. Because there was no way this was the same girl in that crumbled up picture she has (now glued in her diary). That girl was too innocent. There’s something sinister about the girl smirking at her now.

Clenching her hands into fists she tries to figure out how to get Sooyoung out of here...so her heart can finally relax. Looking down at Sooyoung’s feet she notices the chuck taylors and takes a grab at them. The girl on the counter smile drops as the blonde attacks her, trying to pull her off the counter. 

Sooyoung hangs on for dear life as some of the arcade regulars come to see what the commotion is. It’s Jung Jinsoul...in incredibly tiny shorts and a cutoff tee trying to pull a lady off the counter. 

“GET YOUR UP!” 

As Jinsoul gets closer to success, she’s startled by a whiny voice behind her. “SOUL YOU UNHAND HER RIGHT NOW.” 

Jinsoul freezes, her arms wrapped around one of Sooyoung’s thighs drop limp at her sides. Except she’s got one of Sooyoung’s shoes, Xiaojun looks between the two. Sooyoung seemed to be shaking in fear and Jinsoul was about to have an aneurysm. Jinsoul tries to hide the shoe behind her back but Xiaojun catches it.

“Jinsoul...drop the shoe.”

“I’m not a ing dog you-”

“ drop the goddamn shoe or I’m calling Kyungsoo.” 

Jinsoul drops the shoe, not wanting to deal with her ex. Yes, she used to date the owner of the arcade, that’s why she gotta play free. Because he still wasn’t over her and thought that letting the blonde do whatever she wants would win her back. Like she’d ever get back with him.

Xiaojun has his mad face on until he sees Sooyoung, clearly excited to see her. “Hiii Sooyoung right?” He raises his hand for a greeting and Sooyoung looks suspiciously between the boy and the hand.

She goes to shake it but Jinsoul blurts out, “dont!”

Sooyoung gives her a questionable look as Xiaojun’s eye twitches. “You don’t know where that hand has been.”

Xiaojun groans, “OH YOU JUNG!” 

Sooyoung watches the two go at it, some of the things that were said cut deep, but it seemed neither of them were affected. Clearing Xiaojun does a total 180 and smiles at her again, while pushing Jinsoul’s contorted face away with his palm. “Sorry about that babe, Jinsoul can be a real pain in the but she talks about you all the time!”

Sooyoung raises a brow, “is that so?” 

“Yup you would even think she’s got a-”

Jinsoul slaps her hand over the boy's mouth but he keeps talking anyways, his eyes closed in pure joy since he finally had the chance to talk to the woman he’s so inspired by. After he’s done, he pulls Jinsoul’s hand away. He wouldn’t really throw Jinsoul under the bus like that. Bending down he groans...he had a bit of bottom pain. 

While he puts Sooyoung’s shoe back on he thanks his friend, “by the way Jinsoul I really appreciate you looking over the place for me, I can’t feel my legs!” Sooyoung thinks she might be having a fever dream.

The blonde gags, “ewww Jun I don’t even wanna know.”

“But you do, he was...not a .” Xiaojun’s eyes widened at the memory. Sooyoung silently lets the two talk, as if she had just disappeared. One second they were babying each other the next they were pulling each other’s hair out.

Xiaojun finishes his story and Jinsoul shakes her head, “why do you even put yourself in these situations.” 

The boy shrugs as he puts his arcade uniform on, “oh I don’t know, I don’t have your power so I have to settle with ing freaks.” 

Sooyoung butts in, “her...power?” She tilts her head cutely again and both Jinsoul and Xiaojun blush. Except Jinsoul’s is pure frustration  and Xiaojun gets all giddy.

“Yes oh my gosh! Jinsoul can literally get boys to fall at her feet. It’s amazing.” Jinsoul blushes like crazy as Sooyoung smirks at her, “she has this incredible expression show her Soul.” Jinsoul’s face is set in stone as Xiaojun jabs her with his elbow. “Come on...show her Jinsoul.” The blonde resists hating how Sooyoung’s eyes are glued to her. Why was she friends with Xiaojun again?

“She can snap her fingers and get a full grown man to sit down and roll over.” Xiaojun says in awe but then his face falls, “it makes me sick. She doesn’t even use it to her full potential.” The boy keeps annoying her by poking her in her side. She starts to feel funny in the tummy. “Please Soul it’s so cute.” 

Groaning and looking up at the ceiling to ask god why it’s always her, she jerks her head back down to Sooyoung, “say anything and I’ll kill you.” 

Sooyoung nods seriously, “okay.”

Jinsoul takes a deep breath and turns to the girl, Xiaojun giggles behind. Bringing her hands up to her face she shyly presses them to her checks and upturns her brow, making her lips form in a pout. Opening up her eyes she gives her best puppy dog look.

Sooyoung blinks, “oh.”

me…

Jinsoul drops the expression in a split second and rolls her eyes when Xiaojun squeals and clings onto her, “isn’t she such a baby!” Sooyoung is frozen as the two start to fight again, Xiaojun tries to cling to the girl as Jinsoul es him out.

Sooyoung wishes she could agree, but she remembers Jinsoul’s warning. Xiaojun pulls away, “anyways I can take over now, you can go play!”

Jinsoul sighs in relief, “finally! Aight byeee I’m going home.”

“What?!” Both Xiaojun and Sooyoung say in unison, the girl hops off the counter, not quite wanting to say goodbye yet. Jinsoul shrugs her shoulders and starts to get her things together. 

Xiaojun whines, “but Soul you’ve been talking so much about how you wanted to play with Sooyoung!” Jinsoul gives him the deadliest glare ever as Sooyoung smiles knowingly. The boy wiggles his eyebrows and winks, “don’t tell me you two haven’t made up yet.”

She wishes she could kill Xiaojun as Sooyoung’s mumbles out, “we have.” 

The boy smirks at Sooyoung’s comment, “see! Go have fun you two.”

Jinsoul glances at Sooyoung and the girl is giving her a pleading look, “ing...fine one game!”

The blonde throws down her things and scurries off as Xiaojun finally gets to shake Sooyoung’s hands, “it’s so nice to meet you I’ve so many great things about you we should totally-” The boy rambles off but Sooyoung watches as Jinsoul aggressively smashes at the buttons at Q*bert. She only smiles and nods at him, eager to get to the blonde she’s so curious about.

Strolling over Jinsoul huffs and ends the game, “there now it’s your turn.” 

Sooyoung rolls her eyes at Jinsoul losing on purpose, “did I mention if I win we have to play again?” 

Jinsoul groans as Sooyoung snickers out, starting up her own game. “That’s not fair! I wanna go home…” 

The girl expertly racks up points while chatting with Jinsoul, “come on, what happened to that god driven competitiveness you had. I thought you said you couldn’t wait to beat me.” Sooyoung rambles on as she barely tries to play, it was just that easy for her.

And Jinsoul knows that, “that was true, until I realized I probably will never beat you.” She knows just by watching Sooyoung’s fingers flow over the buttons. 

Sooyoung huffs, “you don’t know that.”

“But I do.”

Sooyoung shakes her head and Jinsoul deflates, leaning onto the side of the game. The older girl looks up at her, still playing the game without an ounce of effort. “You aren’t trying hard enough.” Sooyoung winks at her and it makes Jinsoul’s blood boil. The girl’s eyes fall back onto the screen, “but I understand, it’s easy to give up when someone is as good as I am.” 

Jinsoul grits her teeth as Sooyoung keeps talking and talking and talking in that cool voice, “hey I don’t know, maybe you won’t be ever able to beat me. Especially with an attitude like that.” Jinsoul slides her hands across the buttons, making Sooyoung lose the game. Grabbing the taller girl’s shirt collar she pulls her body flush against her own. Sooyoung gulps at the sudden aggression and her glasses fall a bit down her nose.

“You know what I can’t stand about you the most?” Jinsoul seethes through her teeth, before pushing the girl away from her. Standing in front of the game she starts with determination and a new found confidence. “Is that you never take me seriously.” 

Sooyoung watches closely as Jinsoul plays, it’s like a totally different person. “Ever since I met you all you do is act like I’m below you. Ignoring me the first night, as if I wasn’t even a person worthy enough of your precious time, and I’m so sorry that it pissed me off. But all my life I’ve fought to get people to see me as their equal.” Sooyoung swallows hard as Jinsoul continues to play perfectly. 

The blonde was as good as she was.

“And then you don’t even consider me good enough as an opponent and half assed most of the time when we're playing. When all I did was look up to you...and I was just some annoying brat you had to deal with.” Jinsoul presses the buttons tightly, as if they were her heart in this moment. “Then finally, when I wanted to show you that I actually respected you as a person, you’re the biggest ing to me.”

Jinsoul ends the game and it’s the best score she’s ever had...and the best one Sooyoung’s ever seen on Q*bert. Sooyoung tries again, but she’s so nervous she loses quickly. Jinsoul smirks at the sunken expression on Sooyoung’s face as she tries and tries again to get near that score. 

The older girl huffs out, her heart was racing too quickly.

Jinsoul leans over to her, “I am special Sooyoung, but not in the way you think I am.” Sooyoung takes a deep breath and faces Jinsoul. The blonde really does know how to surprise her. “I’m not some hot head you can tease for your entertainment.” 

Sooyoung lets herself smile as Jinsoul boldly mumbles, “I’m just as good as you are.” 

“I can see what your friend was talking about.”

Jinsoul simply raises a brow.

“How in a snap of a finger you can have someone falling at your feet.”

They share a look of understanding and Sooyoung her lips, letting Jinsoul gaze at them longingly. Both of them were thinking the same thing...with different interpretations.

I’ve bitten off way too much than I can chew with this girl.

But Sooyoung breaks the lock they had created with a sigh. “Okay, I guess I’ll let you leave now.” It sounds pitiful coming from the taller girl and Jinsoul can’t help but smile. Sooyoung thinks she’s in danger now. Because Jinsoul’s real smile is too good to be true. 

Jinsoul continues to smile, her eyes scrunching up into little crescents. An unfamiliar sparkle forming in them. Jinsoul’s seriously too pretty, and Sooyoung’s gone. Her jaw drops in utter disbelief that she’s losing the game that she created.

The blonde thinks the taller girl is adorkable when she’s not trying to be so cool for once. She raises her hands to push Sooyoung’s glasses back onto her nose, the girl having a blush spread across her face as Jinsoul’s fingers ghost over her cheek. 

Sooyoung lets Jinsoul move her out of the way, “I think we can play one more time.” Jinsoul smirks as she starts it up for Sooyoung.

“Wouldn’t want to hurt that big ego of yours.” 

~~~~

Somehow, Jinsoul finds herself walking Sooyoung to the train station. The walk is silent, for the most part. Their elbows brush together every second or so. Jinsoul slows down her step just for Sooyoung, since the older girl was walking so lazily. It was like she wanted to make their time together last longer. 

Jinsoul groans when it slows down even more when they get near the subway. “Will you hurry your up? I'm tired.”

Looking back, the older girl sways, her hands in the back pockets of her jeans. “Me too...I can’t walk that fast.” Jinsoul rolls her eyes and drags her feet behind, placing her hands on Sooyoung’s back, she starts to push the girl faster.

Sooyoung laughs loudly and starts to chant, “okay okay jeez!” 

Jinsoul giggles too, but quickly hides it when Sooyoung looks at her. They finally make it and Jinsoul glances down the stairs. Sooyoung rocks on the back of her heels, not finding the motivation to tell the blonde goodnight.

She wishes Jinsoul was drunk enough to follow her home again.

Tilting her head she mumbles out, “this was nice of you.”

Jinsoul crosses her arms and stares around the streets, “well yeah don’t get used to it.” 

Sooyoung snorts, loving how stubborn the blonde could be. “Thanks barbie.”

“I told you to stop ing calling me that weirdo.” Jinsoul groans.

“Okay barbie.”

The blonde goes to strangle her and Sooyoung holds up her hands in defense, “okay I’m sorry!” Sooyoung giggles as Jinsoul backs up again, secretly she steps closer to the blonde. Wondering if those goosebumps were from the chill in the air. Sooyoung wants to smooth them out, but she knows Jinsoul would kill her if she laid a finger on her. “Seriously though, thank you for forgiving me and giving me another chance.”

Jinsoul takes a deep breath, signing out of her nose as she plays with the straps of her gym bag. “It’s only fair...since you’re so nice to me, well most of the time.” Jinsoul grumbles, still wanting to kick Sooyoung’s for being such a jerk. But right now all she could think about how nice that hug was back in the heat of it all. When neither of them could stand each other.

If it was that nice then...she wonders if it would be as amazing now. When there’s not so much hostility between them.

“Especially when I’m not the nicest to you. I know I can be a bit much to handle.” Jinsoul admits and Sooyoung smiles at her lazily.

“Not at all.”

Jinsoul rolls her eyes...and says something that has her wanting to gag. “I guess I can say it’s the one thing I like about you.” The smirk grows even wider and Jinsoul instantly regrets it. What did she say...Sooyoung really had a big head on her shoulders. But she didn’t mind blowing it up. However she would make sure it wouldn’t pop, “everything else though irks the out of me.” 

Sooyoung laughs and her nose scrunches up cutely, she tries to hide it by turning her head away. 

“Especially your smile…” Jinsoul teases and begins to walk away. Sooyoung’s still hiding her toothy grin. “Bye freak.”

The older girl sticks one hand back into her pocket and waves. “Byeee Barbie. Get home safe.” 

Jinsoul frowns, “loser.”

But Sooyoung comes right back, “air head.” 

They go back and forth until Jinsoul far enough that she has to scream for Sooyoung to hear her properly. She stops though, and stares at the retreating figure.

“Bye Sooyoung.”

The older girl can barely hear it. Jinsoul says it so softly but it’s loud enough it reaches her.

“Bye Jinsoul.” 

The blonde sighs and turns, leaving Sooyoung alone at the station. Jinsoul has the biggest grin on her face, and she silently hums to herself as she walks down the street. 

Sooyoung stumbles down the stairs and into the subway station. She can’t wait to see Jinsoul again.When Jinsoul knows she’s in the clear, she starts to skip happily.

There was something incredibly dangerous about how that girl makes her feel. 

~~~~

I’m feeling pretty good about this chapter heheh. Since we know a bit about Sooyoung’s intentions...so what now? I hope everyone is still enjoying this! I’m really grateful for all your guys comments and stuff :((( lots of love…

Spoiler: more * and *