Hate that I like you

Pixel Dreams of You

Checking the clock by the desk, Jinsoul sighs for the fifth time. Xiaojun was silently listening to music on his walkman, painting his nails black. The blonde slumps over the counter and watches the entrance intensely. 

The boy looks up from his nails and reassures her, “she’s coming Soul, she does almost every night.” 

Jinsoul doesn’t know if she should believe him, because he’s wrong about one part. Sooyoung has been coming every night, but the past two days she’s been gone. Jinsoul hated how bored she was without her. That’s all...she was just bored.

And maybe she missed picking on Sooyoung.

There was now some silent agreement between them that was never really established yet that they followed strictly. They met every night at the arcade and played until one of them got too tired or annoyed. Jinsoul looked forward to it, from the time she laid her head down at night and raised it back up in the morning. She couldn’t wait to come to the arcade and play with Sooyoung.

Sure the girl got on her every last nerve. But there was something about her that made the time pass by so fast. It was easy being around her, Sooyoung was still so laid back no matter how wound up Jinsoul got. It helped Jinsoul relax a bit herself.

A familiar face pops into the entrance and it may not be Sooyoung’s (poised and elegant) it was round and cute. “Awe my baby!” Jinsoul mumbles out and brightens up a bit at Yoojung’s appearance. Xiaojun looks up as well and smiles at their friend, she hadn’t been seen in a few days, since she was just getting better from a bad cold. 

The girl stumbles over and throws her bags down, clearly not happy to be back at work. Jinsoul vibrates in her seat, “ahhh finally you're here!” Jinsoul reaches for Yoojung’s face and starts to kiss all over, she’s missed her bestie, and Xiaojun was too quiet sometimes and it felt like talking to a wall even though he would be on the edge of his seat listening to her.

Xiaojun puts his nail polish down as Yoojung groans and tries to pry Jinsoul off of her. “Open your purse Yoojung.”

Finally getting Jinsoul off of her she slings her old leather purse on the counter. The two rummage through her stuff, “can I borrow your mirror?” Jinsoul asks and Yoojung nods as Xiaojun spots her snacks.

“EEEH fruit gummy hehe.” Yoojung was saving them…

As Xiaojun chews on her snacks, Jinsoul puts on some lipgloss. The blonde pops them in the mirror and fixes her hair up. “You got perfume?”

Jinsoul asks her but doesn’t wait for an answer, already rummaging through to grab her smell good. The girl sprays it on her neck and rubs it in before doing the same with her wrists. Yoojung let’s her eyebrows scrunch together, “expecting someone?”

The blonde shyly looks around the arcade as Xiaojun smirks knowingly. Yoojung was missing something...something has happened while she’s been absent. Xiaojun seemed to know since he was laughing as Jinsoul smacks away at him, embarrassed by whatever it was. Jinsoul definitely had a new boyfriend. Or had her eyes on a new target. It wouldn’t be the first time a guy has come to meet her here before going out on a date. 

Yoojung allows herself to be disappointed. She really thought this whole thing with Sooyoung was gonna make Jinsoul realize that boys were not the answer. That the reason she’s never been in love was not because she hadn’t found the right boy or had horrible taste. But because she was looking in the entirely wrong direction.

Jinsoul’s always been secretly sad about never finding true love and thought that literally dating every boy that was nice to her was the successful strategy. But it always ended with Jinsoul being disappointed that she had nothing but an empty feeling in her chest even when some guys told her that they’re in love with her.

The blonde never understood why it didn’t work.

Why she was so different.

Yoojung was ninety-nine percent sure what the problem was. It wasn’t necessarily a problem... more like a solution. Jinsoul had always been more forgiving and lenient with girls no matter how mean they were towards her. She had always been more interested in them too. Yoojung can’t remember a time where Jinsoul had talked about a man longer than five minutes (give and take george michael and prince) but could talk about a particular girl for hours.

Just like Sooyoung. Yoojung had to stay on the phone with Jinsoul an entire night after the milkshake incident. So that the blonde could go on and on about Sooyoung. Yes, some things Yoojung wouldn’t repeat, but Jinsoul was genuinely affected by the older girl. Now, the last time Jinsoul had mentioned Sooyoung was when she stormed out after telling Yoojung to drop her name.

Jinsoul had moved on. 

The blonde is blabbering away while Xiaojun paints her nails. Yoojung gets comfortable, it was probably gonna be a long night since Jinsoul was leaving with a boy in theory and Xiaojun gets off in an hour.

“ she’s here.” Jinsoul gasps and Yoojung raises her brow. She? Jinsoul turns her back towards the entrance. A small smile playing on her lips but she bites it away when she whispers out, “act natural.” Yoojung looks around and her jaw drops when she sees who’s staring straight back at Jinsoul.

Except the blonde was turned around, chatting with Xiaojun who seemed to be very amused. Sooyoung adjusts her tie, loosening it as she walks towards the counter. Yoojung can’t help but stare right at her. While Sooyoung doesn’t take her eyes away from blonde hair. Jinsoul acts like she didn’t see her but Sooyoung knows better.

Before Sooyoung makes it, she pulls up a chair to their game and sits down her things, taking off her suit coat as well. 

Sooyoung isn’t happy, her jaw is tight and her eyes are narrowed behind her glasses. Seems like Jinsoul made the wrong choice in ignoring her. Sooyoung stalks up to the counter. Yoojung feels a little intimidated by the girl’s presence. But Jinsoul keeps blabbering as if she wasn’t being stared through. 

“Jinsoul.” The older girl says it almost demandingly. Like she was mad that Jinsoul hadn’t noticed her yet. 

The blonde stops talking and slowly turns, Jinsoul lets her tongue poke out the side of as she looks Sooyoung up and down shamelessly. The older girl had her head tilted down and her expression was a bit scary. It reminded Jinsoul of a panther. Something about that look had Jinsoul wanting to tremble. 

“Oh hey.” Jinsoul quips out and turns back around to continue talking to Xiaojun who is now on edge. 

The tension was thick and Yoojung and Xiaojun were being suffocated by it. “What are you waiting for? Let's go play.”

Jinsoul is interrupted again while rambling about random nonsense. Secretly she was loving this, how much Sooyoung wanted her attention and how angry she seemed that she was being blown off. Jinsoul wanted to rub it in her face, letting Sooyoung get a taste of her own medicine. It finally felt like they were on the same level and Jinsoul wasn’t so ashamed of having this obsession. It was relieving that it wasn’t so one sided anymore. 

Because she was convinced Sooyoung had it just as bad as her.

Being on equal grounds as Sooyoung was relieving to Jinsoul, still she liked playing games with the girl. Turning around she groans, “I’m not in the mood today and I’m busy.” After glaring at Sooyoung Jinsoul flips back around, making her blonde hair swish in front of the girl’s face. Sooyoung is unfazed by the attitude and leans onto the counter. Jinsoul goes back to talking but it’s forced and Sooyoung definitely realizes that. 

The older girl is chewing on gum and she blows a bubble and pops it. Making Jinsoul flinch and grumble under her breath. Her hands glued to the counter grip harder as she resists the urge to turn around and pop one right in Sooyoung’s nose. “I’m not asking again.” Sooyoung slowly rasps out, it’s a demand and Jinsoul hates how deep the older girl’s voice has gotten. 

Jinsoul grits her teeth before facing the girl. “Seriously? You’re gonna be a to me in front of my friends?” It’s like Sooyoung didn’t even know they were there until Jinsoul pointed them out. For the first time she takes her eyes off the blonde and glances at the two at her side lazily before bringing her gaze back to Jinsoul. 

“Sorry.” Sooyoung blows out cooly before standing up straight, still looking at Jinsoul from under her eyelashes. The older girl’s expression fades and that charming smile reaches the corner of her lips. Sooyoung was so dark before, but had suddenly turned into the brightest thing in the arcade where the neon lights could be blinding. 

Sooyoung sticks her hand out to Yoojung, “I apologize for being so rude, I don’t know what came over me.” Yoojung is even woo’d by Sooyoung and doesn’t hesitate taking the girl’s hand into her own. Sooyoung lazily shakes it, “I’m Ha Sooyoung, friend of Jinsoul’s.” 

Yoojung is swooning basically as Sooyoung continues to shake her hand. “Oh it’s fine you weren't rude, I’m Yoojung.” Jinsoul scoffs as her friend is put under Sooyoung’s spell. Sooyoung winks and slips her hand out of Yoojung’s turning to her other friend who’s equally hypnotized. 

“Xiaojun. Nice to see you again.” The boy lets his head tilt with a dopey smile, Jinsoul can’t believe her eyes. Her friends were totally being manipulated. 

“Oh it’s such a pleasure Sooyoung.” He mumbles out.

Jinsoul clenches her jaw.

Two faced .

She wants to scream out, but what about me? Did it not matter Sooyoung was just a jerk to her? Her friends were fake...they didn’t love her at all. They were too easily swayed by the snake that was Sooyoung to be considered loyal. Did they not see the total 180 that Sooyoung had made? Jinsoul wouldn’t let herself fall under that spell, she was too smart...too careful...

“Jinsoul are you coming?” Sooyoung asks her sweetly.

Too weak, Jinsoul corners the counter to follow after Sooyoung. 

Okay, so maybe Jinsoul was easily persuaded, but how could she not be. This was Ha Sooyoung, the smoothest talker on the planet. Jinsoul may be weak, but that doesn’t mean she wasn’t aware. She knew it was all a hoax, that irresistible charm that was so warm. Jinsoul knew underneath that was a brick of ice that could leave the nastiest frostbite. 

Still she couldn’t help but bask in the light that Sooyoung gives off. Even though Jinsoul knew the truth didn’t mean she couldn’t enjoy the lie that Sooyoung wore as a mask. 

She just had to play it safe and not forget about Sooyoung’s cold heart in favor of that warm smile. If she did, then she’d be in trouble. And it was so easy to let it slip from her mind since Sooyoung was so good at playing the role. 

Jinsoul follows behind the girl in a tight white button up and equally snug black pants. Sooyoung’s tie was now slipped off and clutched in her hand, Jinsoul really liked pulling on it when Sooyoung would wear it. Now the girl’s shirt had been ed a few times and Jinsoul let her eyes linger on the small necklace peaking out.

When Sooyoung sits in her chair, a smug smirk playing on her lips, Jinsoul let’s herself lose a bit of that temper. “I should you up for being an like that.”

“You’re right.” Is all Sooyoung says back.

“That’s all you seriously have to say.”

Sooyoung huffs, blowing some of her baby hairs out of her face. “What else do you want me to say? I apologized to them…” Jinsoul lets her eyes narrow, her blood pressure was rising. 

Getting near the girl Jinsoul whispers dangerously close to her ear, “but you didn’t apologize to me.” 

The older girl leans away, not quite liking how Jinsoul’s hot breath on her ear sent chills down her spine. “I’m sorry okay? I’m in a bad mood and just wanted to play and you were ignoring me.” Sooyoung whines out and pouts her lips, clicking away at the buttons. Jinsoul doesn’t say anything so Sooyoung rambles on, “what more do you want from me?”

The blonde crosses her arms and tries to stop blushing, “I should be asking you that…”

“I want you to be over here, with me, while I kick at this game.” Jinsoul rolls her eyes, hating how cute that sounded but doesn’t let herself fall deeper into the quicksand of Sooyoung’s charm.

“And why do you want me over here?” 

Sooyoung blinks and turns her head towards her, “Because I had a ty day at work and being around you makes me feel better, am I guilty for that?” Jinsoul forces herself to pay attention to the screen when Sooyoung tilts her head. She’s sick for that...Sooyoung knows how attractive she is and it’s unfair to Jinsoul when she uses it against her. Jinsoul’s not for sure what to say that and Sooyoung’s not for sure if she should be so obvious, “but don’t flatter yourself, it’s not because I enjoy your presence, it’s because you're super easy to piss off it’s entertaining.” 

Jinsoul let’s her head lull back and she groans as Sooyoung laughs at her own  petty joke. “This is why I was ignoring you...and will be doing that now.” Jinsoul turns to leave the girl but Sooyoung grabs her wrist making her stay put.

“Nuh-uh you’re gonna sit your pretty little right here.” Sooyoung teases out and Jinsoul blushes at the fact that the girl called her pretty. So much for not being affected by that charm. Jinsoul was sinking way too fast in the quicksand. “I was playing jeez, although it is pure gold seeing you get so frustrated with me.” 

Jinsoul lets herself smile just a tiny bit. “Go get a chair you’re making me nervous standing there like that.” The blonde listens like a puppet and stomps over to grab a chair, slamming it next to Sooyoung’s.

The blonde taps her fingers next to where Sooyoung’s are mechanically moving like tiny machines, “let me get three things straight.” Jinsoul starts and Sooyoung only hums at her, “first we are not friends, I don’t know why you pulled that out of your .” Sooyung narrows her eyes and adjusts her glasses on her nose. “Second, I don’t exist for your entertainment, I am a person, not a toy...even though you probably don’t have a lot of human interaction since you’re such a loser.” Sooyoung bites back a laugh at that one...mostly because she could make Jinsoul a toy if she wanted to. But Jinsoul was kinda right, she didn’t socialize a lot, which made her a bit robotic over the years.

“And finally I don’t like you.”

Sooyoung does laugh at that, “yet here you are…”

Jinsoul rolls her eyes, “please the only reason I like playing with you is because you don’t stare at my and you’re actually good.” Also that Sooyoung smelt nice, and she was pretty, and Jinsoul loves it when Sooyoung laughs because her nose scrunches up adorably. “But yet, you stared at my that one time and acted some fourteen year old who’s never seen them in real life and I’m better than you at every game here.” 

Sooyoung blushes, embarrassed at the call out. She doesn’t know why she got so flustered, it wasn’t like she was some … but she could admit they were very nice. She misses a block on Q*bert and shakes her head at the thoughts.The last statement however, total bull.

“Ha yeah right, you get your handed to you every night and you know it.” Jinsoul lets out a curt laugh, a bland ha. That wasn’t true at all. It was actually the other way around, she doesn’t know what fairy tale Sooyoung was living in. 

Jinsoul leans forward on her stool, her legs spread while her hands grab onto the edge between them. “I honestly don’t know why I bother with you...you’re so full of yourself it’s annoying.”

Sooyoung glances at her sideways, “you know exactly why, don’t lie barbie, you secretly like me.” 

“You wish.” 

The older girl shakes her head, like she was in disbelief. “Okay, I know you hate me or whatever.” Sooyoung starts as Jinsoul’s lips stretch into a smirk. “But I can’t help but cherish the moments where it seems like you don’t.” Jinsoul blushes at that and leans back, not being able to handle being close to Sooyoung at the moment. 

I’m holding onto the hope that someday you’ll like me as much as I like you.

“Since you’re so desperate…” Jinsoul hums out, “You wanna know what’ll make me like you?”

Sooyoung clicks her tongue,“If i just disappeared?” 

Jinsoul smirks, “not quite, I don’t think I could survive not torturing you everyday.” Sooyoung laughs lightly at that, her nose scrunching up with joy as she leans over the controls of the game. Jinsoul sighs at the gummy smile that Sooyoung has. Stop it Jinsoul. 

The blonde tilts her body forward so she can be in Sooyoung’s view, her hair falls over her shoulders and dangles elegantly above Sooyoung’s knees. The older girl bites her lip as Jinsoul wobbles in her chair. “If you wouldn’t run that damn mouth of yours all the time.” That perfect yet irritating mouth of Sooyoung’s...Jinsoul felt like she wanted to punch it, but for some reason it was a different feeling than when she wanted to punch anyone else. “Do you know how much we’d get along if you’d just shut up once in a while.”

Sooyoung smirks and Jinsoul knows some dumb is about to come out of that mouth. “In a perfect world, you’d shut the up too.” Jinsoul groans as Sooyoung laughs at herself. The blonde leans forward to ghost her hands around Sooyoung’s throat, she was about to commit murder. The older girl glances down and her eyes widen.

Jinsoul whips her hands away and puts them behind her back. Sooyoung stares at her without stopping the game, “were you just about to strangle me?”

The blonde points at herself questionably, “who me?” Sooyoung blinks, unamused and Jinsoul shakes her head innocently while letting her brows scrunch cutely. “Nuh uh!” 

Raising a brow, Sooyoung tries to not dwell on the fact that Jinsoul was insane and most likely a psychopath. She scoots closer to blonde, taking off her glasses so she can stare straight into Jinsoul’s pretty eyes. “You wanna know something we can do that involves no talking?” Jinsoul swallows hard at the look Sooyoung gives her, the girl’s eyes have always been dark. But there was a different kind of darkness swirling in them at the moment. Sooyoung flickers her gaze down her face and onto her parted lips, before bringing them back up.

It was hypnotizing. Jinsoul can feel herself falling down the rabbit hole with no way up. There’s a heat that forms into the pit of her stomach that travels to her chest to burn the hottest. Was this true fear? Or something else. Jinsoul was thinking it was everything but fear...because why did the burn feel so right. “And w-what’s that?” She asks meekly and hates how dry has gotten.

Sooyoung smiles knowingly, “you going to get me a beer.” Jinsoul blinks, the flame in her chest explodes but she’s all too familiar with this feeling. Sooyoung giggles and digs into the fronts of her pockets, pulling out a five. “Oooh baby even better, can you get me two while you're at it?” 

Jinsoul snatches the bill out of Sooyoung's hand before rolling her eyes to get up. She stomps past the counter where both Xiaojun and Yoojung question her. Jinsoul huffs, “to get that a beer.” Her friends blink, shocked by her behavior and turn to Sooyoung, who was stealing a glance at Jinsoul’s retreating form. 

Xiaojun leans back into his chair, “okaayyy since when does Jinsoul actually cater to someone for once, let alone-”

“Someone who was an to her.” Yoojung finishes. They share a look, “something is up.”

“It’s getting weird Yoojung...it’s getting real weird.” Xiaojun is flabbergasted, “Jinsoul never let’s herself be bossed around. She’s always the one in command.” The boy crosses his legs and shakes his head in awe, “god what a woman, to have Jung Jinsoul wrapped around her finger.” 

Yoojung sighs and props her chin onto her hand, “I can’t believe Jinsoul still likes her after all this time.” 

“I can.” Xiaojun says while Yoojung raises her brows. “What you saw today,” The boy closes his eyes, “is nothing compared to what's been going on.” Xiaojun explains and lays his hands flat onto the counter. “I’m starting to think these little hoes are in love.”

Yoojung let’s her jaw drop, “say what?’

“What?” When Yoojung slaps Xiaojun he laughs before getting serious again, “okay damn I was playing, but I’m being for real. It’s so sweet...disgustingly sweet to watch them ugh you’ve really been missing out.” The boy is in total drama mode and even waves a hand in front of his face to calm down.

Slumping in his seat he sighs dreamily, “Jinsoul may think it’s arguing...but it’s so obvious they’re flirting it makes me sick.” 

Yoojung rolls her eyes, sure she thought Jinsoul was gay and totally had a crush on Sooyoung. But she’s never really thought of the older girl like that. Sooyoung had her moments, but even then Yoojung really couldn’t see them together. She just wanted Sooyoung to be Jinsoul’s gay awakening. “I don’t know Jun, you know Jinsoul. She could sleep with a girl and still think she’s straight...and Sooyoung is too much of a mystery.”

Xiaojun blinks, “Sooyoung? Straight? Please Yoojung she’s gayer than Doyeon and that girl is so far up your that she hasn’t seen the sun in about 4 years.” Yoojung really does hit Xiaojun that time and that’s right at the moment Jinsoul walks by, laughing at her two friends who seemed to always be fighting.

Jinsoul takes a deep breath as she struts towards Sooyoung, who is smiling happily at her appearance. Jinsoul blames it on the bottles in her hands. The older girl wiggles in her seat before reaching out, pulsing her hand like a child waiting for candy. Jinsoul shoves it into her hand and fishes for something in her back pocket, “here I have a…”

Sooyoung cracks the beer open with her teeth, “...bottle opener.” The older girl quirks and eyebrow as she begins to chug the liquid down. The blonde smirks, “Jesus you’re like a rodent with those teeth.” Jinsoul giggled before mimicking a rat noise getting a death glare from Sooyuong. “Nyag nyag.” Jinsoul even pokes her teeth out making fun of Sooyoung’s larger ones.

The girl who has the bottle upturned to get the last drop chokes a bit while taking her eyes off the screen, “shut up my teeth are perfect you little ...” Sooyoung finishes and hands the empty bottle to Jinsoul, somehow she was still on the same game from when she started. Jinsoul’s jaw drops at the score but she isn't given the opportunity to gawk since Sooyoung starts to hit her with the bottle.

After Jinsoul takes the object from the adult child's hands she’s being tugged closer, “here switch me so I can drink the other.” Jinsoul’s thrown into the game as Sooyoung drags her down. Freaking out just a bit, because that’s the highest score she’s ever seen she starts to frantically press the buttons while hovering over Sooyoung sideways.

“Will you please move out of the ing way?” Jinsoul rambles out furiously. Sooyoung was just sitting there lazily as Jinsoul stretched her body over her just so she could keep her precious game alive. It’s uncomfortable with the way her body is twisted, she could get in a better position but that meant getting closer to Sooyoung...and that’s the last thing Jinsoul wanted. She couldn’t stand being only inches away from the girl without getting grossed out.

Sooyoung is biting her lip playfully, watching how the blush spread across Jinsoul’s cheeks. The view was amazing from where she was, and she was in no harm of Jinsoul’s flying fists if the blonde had caught her checking her out so shamelessly. That’s exactly what she does, she lets her head tilt as her eyes wander over the masterpiece in front of her:

Getting a better idea, she teases Jinsoul, “just sit on my lap.” Sooyoung reaches for Jinsoul’s hips but the blonde raises her fist and swipes back blindly, barely missing Sooyoung’s nose.

Jinsoul groans and continues to play, “if you touch me...so help me god.” 

Sooyoung lets out a raspy laugh loving how flustered Jinsoul was, “wow you’re so flexible barbie, how’d you learn to bend like that.” 

Jinsoul gets redder in the face, but she couldn’t pass up on a score like this.  it. She throws her leg over Sooyoung’s lap but she doesn’t sit down. She only swallows the embarrassment that she feels when Sooyoung gasps. Her back is aching in relief, however, her heart felt like it was being squeezed to death. Squatted over Sooyoung she starts to play a lot better, the older girl leans back in her seat and looks the other way.

“I ate a burrito today by the way.” Jinsoul mutters out, aware that her is sticking out right below the older girl’s face. She didn’t care, she just needed Sooyoung out of her space. Sooyoung breaks out into a sweat and avoids looking at what's in front of her at all costs, just a second ago she wouldn’t take her eyes away if someone paid her to.

Scooting backwards Sooyoung gets up, sliding the chair back closer to Jinsoul so the blonde could sit down. Jinsoul squeals at her victory, Sooyoung only mopes the other chair. Jinsoul is glued to the screen as Sooyoung plays around with the tip of her beer. 

It’s extremely awkward because the both of them are trying to forget the feeling of being so close to each other.

Sooyoung is quiet and Jinsoul grunts and huffs as she plays. She keeps glancing over at the girl with her head hung low. “I didn’t really eat a burrito…” Jinsoul whispers out and it causes Sooyoung to look up. Jinsoul didn’t like how it got weird. 

“I know, you don’t look like a burrito girl. More like a taco salad.”Jinsoul actually liked fajitas the most. The blonde smiles though as the tension fades.

Sooyoung smiles back at her.

Jinsoul cracks her neck before asking, “so, is the reason you’ve been ghost the past two days because of work?” Jinsoul remembers not even knowing what Sooyoung looked like. How frustrating it was that the girl was so absent and how hard it was to catch her. But now, it was like Sooyoung was becoming a part of her everyday thing. It was weirder when she wasn’t around. 

Sooyoung gets a little shy, had Jinsoul been waiting on her? The fact that she even noticed...“Don’t tell me you’ve missed me Jinsoul.” The blonde rolls her eyes, but knows Sooyung’s being serious by the use of her real name. The question doesn’t have that edge that’s usually there, it’s asked in a softer tone. The one that Jinsoul’s familiar with when Sooyoung knocks the breath out of her lungs. 

When she says those things that are unbelievably sincere.

“Don’t flatter yourself.” Jinsoul uses Sooyoung’s own words against her, “I’m here every night, how could I not notice that your annoying wasn’t here.” Jinsoul lets her heart flutter when Sooyoung smiles shyly, god, she needs to stop being so concerned about Sooyoung. The older girl was actually starting to think Jinsoul cares. 

Sooyoung takes a short sip of her beer, “yeah, works been , long days turn into long nights. Sorry I haven’t showed up.” Sooyoung really means it, because Jinsoul’s making that pouty face that she does when something upsets her. “Hope you didn’t waste too much time waiting on me.” Jinsoul rolls her eyes, because Sooyoung was right. She was wasting her time.

Jinsoul waited hours for Sooyoung yesterday and the day before and at the same time tried to tell herself it wasn’t worth it. 

And yet she thought every second spent with Sooyoung was special. 

“Ay you wanna drink?” Sooyoung holds out her beer.

Jinsoul thinks about it, but decides she should pick fun at Sooyoung. The mood had suddenly gotten too serious for them. “And catch whatever disease you have? No thanks.”

Sooyoung snorts, “come on don’t be like that.” The older girl shakes the bottle, “I’m wearing cherry chapstick, you might still taste it if you hurry up.” Jinsoul rolls her eyes and continues to ignore Sooyoung’s offer. “Hell if you want you can try it directly from the source.” Jinsoul’s eyes widen and she glances over at Sooyoung who’s puckering her lips teasingly. The blonde forces a gag...even though Sooyoung had the prettiest set of lips she’s ever seen.

“You never know...it could be the sweetest thing you’ve ever had.”

Groaning, she kicks her foot in Sooyoung’s direction when the girl laughs. Jinsoul tries to think of other things as a heat crawls up . “Are you always this shameless?” Jinsoul asks tiredly. She wonders if Sooyoung was like this with her other friends. So gross, and weird with how she joked around. Jinsoul’s never met a girl who joked about that kinda stuff. 

But Sooyoung doesn’t counter her like she usually does. The older girl is silent, and she’s often quicker than that. Had Jinsoul finally beat her at the game they always play. Sooyoung always had the last word, leaving Jinsoul speechless and pissed. 

Jinsoul looks over, and she freezes when Sooyoung’s staring intently at her. It’s in no way a joke when she says it, “only when they’re as beautiful as you… then again I think that’s impossible since you are the prettiest girl I’ve ever met.” Sooyoung lazily draws out, still way too distracted by the way Jinsoul’s eyes twinkle as her words stumble from her lips.

It’s like Jinsoul’s thrown into that subway again, when Sooyoung was pressed against her. When the girl was gazing at her like she’s slipped into her mind. It’s like an emptiness consumes her and all that she is puddles into the palms of Sooyoung’s hands. That spark is there again and all Jinsoul can do is mumble out, “you think I’m beautiful?” Except this time the electricity isn’t fizzled and dull, thrumming around her skin. This time it ricochets through her like a bullet. 

“Yeah, the most.”

She’s really glad she’s not close to Sooyoung like she was on that train. Because she doesn’t know how fast her heart was beating. It would surely burst if she felt the warmth of Sooyung’s body as well. Everything stills as Jinsoul tries to pull herself out of the trap that Sooyoung’s gaze is, but she feels herself falling into whatever game Sooyoung has made for only them. The game that only one of them gets out alive.

Jinsoul believes she might be the one losing because Sooyoung seems all too familiar with the controls. 

Her world freezes over and Sooyoung knows how to navigate through the ice. But Jinsoul’s stuck, because this obsession has become a lot more confusing.

She doesn’t understand Sooyoung at all.

Even though it felt like she was looking at her soul at this very moment. Sooyoung must have thought she was beautiful from the very first time. It’s the same glossy stare that she’s seen before. She’s sunk headfirst into the quicksand.

“You lost.”

I know.

Jinsoul blinks and the world as she knows it goes back to normal. Jinsoul’s always been so sure of herself, so she’s not so sure why Sooyoung makes her question everything she knows.

“I’m gonna go thanks for the beer.” Sooyoung blurts out, as puzzled as Jinsoul is at the weird staring contest they just had. She needed to get out of here before she did something stupid. Like telling Jinsoul all her secrets. 

Jinsoul stands up too, “w-wait already?” Any other time she’d slap herself for sounding this desperate, but Jinsoul hated it when the rug was pulled out from underneath her feet and that’s exactly what Sooyoung does to her everytime she leaves. Every. Single. Time. 

Sooyoung shifts her suit coat back on, combing her hair back with a single hand. Jinsoul’s eyes linger on the rings on the girl’s fingers. The older girl’s hair bounces as she looks around, “yeah unlike some people I have a life.” Her joke is monotoned but Jinsoul can’t find the energy to bite back. The real joke was how overwhelmingly disappointed she was that play time with Sooyoung was cut short today. Jinsoul even pouts up as the girl packs her bags up, brushing past her shoulder. 

“See you tomorrow?” Jinsoul asks but Sooyoung keeps walking. She’s so stupid, thinking that she could hide the fact that the one thing she looks foward to everyday is seeing that charming smile spread on Sooyoung’s lips.

The same smile she has right now, but it’s fleeting. “Maybe!” And like that Sooyoung’s gone again. Just when Jinsoul thinks she’s had enough she’s reminded that she’ll never get enough of Sooyoung.

And it’ll never be satisfying unless she keeps chasing after her.

~~~~

It’s been a whole week since she’s seen Sooyoung, actually it’s been longer than that. Jinsoul tells herself it hasn’t been that long just to keep her sanity. But it wasn’t like Sooyoung was busy or anything. Jinsoul felt her heart rip a little bit every time she saw new scores on the games under that name…

Yves

It makes her weak in the tummy. Was Sooyoung avoiding her? It’s like she’s become the ghost she once was, but this time it haunts Jinsoul even more. Jinsoul can’t catch her, not even Xiaojun since he’s begged to be taken off the closing schedule. Sooyoung has to come in at the dark hours of the night just to play a few games. 

But this time her infatuation has blossomed into something entirely new. Before she met Sooyoung, Jinsoul’s thoughts were solely focused on beating her opponent and humiliating them just as they had her. That Yves was her enemy and in no way her friend, a challenge is what she saw Sooyoung as. 

Now, all Jinsoul could think of as she lay in her bed at night was, I hope she’s okay.

Did I do something wrong?

The one that really clung to her mind however. The one that tells Jinsoul she sees Sooyoung much more than just a rival.

I miss her.

Jinsoul tells herself she doesn’t actually miss Sooyoung. Because she was such a pain in the . She just missed the attention Sooyoung gave her. Sooyoung was the type of girl that she’d have to bend over backwards to get a fleeting glance from her, but somehow, Jinsoul had managed to be in Sooyoung’s spotlight.

At least she used to.

Jinsoul wonders if Sooyoung’s gotten bored of her? Or just tired of her attitude finally. That thought leaves Jinsoul empty, because Sooyoung broke her promise. She’s just like everyone else that’s walked into Jinsoul’s life and left shortly after because they couldn’t handle her.

“Hey Soul you okay?” Jinsoul looks up from where she was watching her heels navigate the pavement, Jungeun is walking beside her, their elbows linked. The blonde smiles and nods and Jungeun matches it. Well not everyone has abandoned her.

She still has a great group of friends, Sooyoung wishes she was included.

“Yeah babe I’m just tired or whatever.” Jinsoul yawns and leans further into Jungeun’s side. They were walking home together or really just going to the bus stop, Jinsoul always escorted Jungeun there. 

The younger girl squeezes her arms, “you’ve been quiet lately.” 

Jinsoul thinks for a second, but shakes her head. She doesn’t really wanna bombard Jungeun with her girl problems. Her friend gives her a skeptical glance before looking ahead. They walk silently together before Jungeun gasps, “woah.”

The blonde happens to shift her gaze up as well, letting her jaw drop. It’s Sooyoung and she looks way different than she normally does.

Usually the older girl didn’t have a lot of makeup on, but her eyes were painted with dark colors and eyeliner. She’s not even wearing her glasses and the red lipstick she has on makes the girl’s plump lips alluring but that’s not really that draws Jinsoul’s attention.

It’s what she’s wearing, an off the shoulder leopard top connected to a tight leather skirt with a thick golden belt. Jinsoul eyes the cut slip in the skirt and the ripped lace stockings. Sooyoung’s hands are in her leather jacket, the valentino Jinsoul hasn’t completely forgotten about(it’s on her wish list) and walks by the two short blondes without a glance in their direction.

The both of them however can’t take their eyes off the older girl. Sooyoung ignores them and keeps clicking down the sidewalk. Jungeun’s the first to speak, “you should totally get her number.” Jinsoul stares longingly ahead at Sooyoung. Not even stumped by the fact that she’s being avoided.

“I’ll be right back.” Jinsoul tells Jungeun, but the younger girl knows that Jinsoul won’t be back anytime soon. The blonde was notorious for getting girl’s numbers, only if they had good fashion taste. Jinsoul always blamed it on the girl’s having style. 

Junguen smirks and starts to walk away.

Jinsoul is speechless as she follows Sooyoung because of two reasons. One, the fact that Sooyoung looks so damn good. Two, the fact that she acted like Jinsoul was invisible. Jinsoul really couldn’t believe none of it and wondered if her mind was playing sad little tricks. She couldn’t miss Sooyoung this much to be fantasizing about her like this could she?

The blonde starts to quicken her pace as Sooyoung starts to get farther and farther. She seriously was chasing after this girl. Jinsoul couldn’t let her go.

“HEYYY SOOYOUNG!” Jinsoul yells and gets some strange looks from the pedestrians. Her heels could only make her walk so fast.

The older girl hears the loud voice behind her and picks up her pace. The last person she wanted to see tonight was Jinsoul but of course she had to pass by her. Sooyoung tries to forget the look on Jinsoul’s face when she saw her. It was like the blonde had seen a ghost, one that she’s missed. 

Sooyoung wishes Jinsoul would just let go.

Closing her eyes, the voice gets closer. Sooyoung starts to beg God to not let Jinsoul catch up to her before this crosswalk. Sooyoung crosses at the last second, leaving Jinsoul behind. The blonde surely wouldn’t jay walk at a busy light.

Sooyoung sighs deeply as the cars start to move again. But she freezes when she hears a screech of tires and a series of honks. Sooyoung’s heart drops and she turns around as quickly as she can. Her heart starts to beat again when she sees Jinsoul in the middle of the road cursing out some taxi driver that almost ran her over. Sooyoung looks up at the sky and groans realizing she couldn’t ignore Jinsoul forever. 

“MAN YOU AND YA MOM!” Jinsoul screams at the man halfway out of his taxi car and contemplates throwing her shoe at him. She flips him off before kicking his car, making him fully raise out of the seat. Before she can walk over and sock him one, she feels a tight hand on her elbow. Suddenly she’s being pulled away, or really dragged. She still continues to yell at the man and his ugly face. 

Jinsoul doesn’t even notice she’s being pulled into the corner of the street until she’s pushed into the wall. She sinks into it further when Sooyoung towers over her, “are you trying to get yourself killed?!” Jinsoul shakes her head no nervously, out of breath since she’s face to face with the one she’s been thinking non-stop about the past few weeks. 

Sooyoung’s even prettier up close like this, Jinsoul feels herself swooning at how drop-dead gorgeous this girl is. But she’s brought back down from the clouds when Sooyoung grits out, “go home Jinsoul.” Sooyoung being angry grounded her and Jinsoul gets her reality check. 

The older girl had been avoiding her, and this was just a reminder that she was nothing to Sooyoung. She had forgotten the venom that Sooyoung had and been pulled into the spell that she had promised she would fall into. 

Sooyoung walks off but Jinsoul can’t help but follow her. She wouldn’t let her talk down to her like that again. Jogging up to the girl the best she can she huffs out, “so just like that? You’re gonna go back to pretending I don’t exist.” Sooyoung doesn’t say anything, doesn’t even look at her. Just keeps walking forward. “Hellooo I’M TALKING TO YOU !”

The girl continues to be silent, not daring to give Jinsoul the slightest bit of attention. But Sooyung has no idea how much that eats away at Jinsoul. “You magically remember me for one second and the next it’s like you don’t see me at all.” Sooyoung rolls her eyes at that and Jinsoul’s had enough, so she grabs the girl’s arm, making her hand fall out her pocket. “Do I bother you so much you can’t treat me like a human being?”

Sooyoung finally looks at Jinsoul, the expression she holds is nothing but guilt. Sooyoung tries to tug her arm out of Jinsoul’s grip but the younger girl holds her ground. Jinsoul grits her teeth when Sooyoung whines out, “what’s your problem!?”

“You!” Jinsoul blurts out and slings Sooyoung’s arm. “You are Sooyoung! I don’t get it, you’re acting like I’ve done something terrible and I can’t figure it out to make it better!” Sooyoung stands there, the guilt consuming her as Jinsoul pouts up, clinging onto her black blazer with a funky red pattern. It wasn’t that Jinsoul did anything wrong, it was that she was doing everything right.

Sooyoung needed to pull herself away before she got too attached.

The blonde folds into herself shyly and stares down at her feet. Not being brave enough to look into Sooyoung’s eyes. She digs her heel into the pavement and twists one strand of her blonde hair around her finger. All her nervous ticks in one go, because Sooyoung affected her that much. 

“I-you didn’t do anything wrong Jinsoul, it’s me. Okay? Don’t beat yourself up over it.” Sooyoung tries to explain the best she can without letting the truth spill out.

Jinsoul raises her head up, uncrossing her arms to grab at Sooyoung’s wrist again. “Then come with me to the arcade so we can talk about it.” Jinsoul’s true side comes out the slightest and Sooyoung knows how much it was a mistake to turn back. Because Jinsoul is caring no matter how hard she tries not to be. She cares...and that’s all that Sooyoung’s ever looked for. “I might not like having you around but I hate this more.” Jinsoul admits. Forgetting she was supposed to hate this girl. “So please, let’s just go already.”

Sooyoung melts at the way Jinsoul swings her arm around, like she was begging her to come but she couldn’t. “I-I can’t Jinsoul, I have to be somewhere.” 

Jinsoul bounces on her feet and puffs up her cheeks, Sooyoung can only leave agape. “But I really wanna play! I haven’t seen you in weeks!” Sooyoung knows it’s over when Jinsoul shifts her eyes to the side shyly, “I miss you…” Sooyoung steps forward, not being able to resist the temptation of being closer. “Beating you that is.” Jinsoul retorts, not fully giving in.

But Sooyoung is smart enough to know that’s not what Jinsoul really meant. “I really can’t Jinsoul.” Xiaojun was right. This girl did have some sort of power.

“Then where are you going? I’m coming too.” Jinsoul tells her firmly.

“What? Um no, just, I promise to come tomorrow okay.”

“Nope, I want to today.” Sooyoung blinks at the blonde and groans, leading her the same way she was going earlier. Jinsoul bounces beside her even giggling as she walks, and Sooyoung can only huff out. The blonde’s mood had shifted and Sooyoung was drowning in the cheerfulness. Jinsoul was extremely giddy, what could she say? She had won Sooyoung over, how could she not be excited about that. 

It takes forever and Jinsoul’s starting to think that Sooyoung was messing with her. Her feet were starting to hurt by how fast they were going. Sooyoung had longer legs and could really work a heel. Jinsoul couldn’t keep up, but just as she’s about to ask for a break she’s pushed near one of the walls of a corner store. “Wait here.” Sooyoung tells her seriously and disappears into the restaurant next door.

Jinsoul wants to follow after her, but sticks to trusting Sooyoung. 

Sooyoung looks around for the woman she was supposed to meet. On the way here she had juggled between ditching her date, or ditching Jinsoul. She couldn’t force herself to leave Jinsoul behind, not even after seeing how beautiful the woman looked in the corner booth. Because there was a certain way Jinsoul made her feel that Sooyoung was sure no one else could replicate.

Walking up to the woman  she starts, “hey, sorry-”

“You’re late.” Is all her date says, but she smiles sweetly. “God you look amazing Sooyoung.” She shyly looks away, but the heat is too dull. It’s not as warm as it was when Jinsoul told her she missed her. Sooyoung fights the urge to run back out, trying to sit herself down to just give this woman at least one more night.

But she can’t, she can’t sit down with the fact that Jinsoul’s outside waiting for her. “Listen Seola, I’m gonna have to be honest with you.” Sooyoung starts, “I don’t think we should have this date.” Seola is listening carefully to her and when Sooyoung bears the news she scoffs. Sooyoung watches with guilt as Seola leans back, “It-it isn’t working and I don’t wanna waste your time anymore.”

The woman is silent for a few seconds, “and this isn’t wasting my time?” Sooyoung sighs as the woman starts to pack up. She stands there, waiting for Seola to face her again. “So much for giving you another chance even after all the bull you’ve put me through.” Sooyoung lets her head hang low, “we should have stopped the first night if it was going to end up like this.” Sooyoung knows she’s right, she knew the outcome of this fling before it even started. Still she’s always liked Seola, but it wasn’t enough, not for all the risks and danger. 

“I’m sorry...you know that, we can still be friends right?” Sooyoung asks, not really caring what answer she gets. She knows even if they tried that it would fade away eventually. Seola looks at her for a short second, like she was trying to read her mind. But it was impossible, Sooyoung had built a wall so strong that not even the sharpest eyes could pierce through. Seola then leans in for a kiss, just proving that she had no idea what was going through Sooyoung’s head. Sooyoung dodges it and leans back, “not here…” She whispers and makes sure no one is looking.

This is why it would never work. Sooyoung was too afraid of having judging eyes on her. “I think it’s best if we stopped everything.” Seola steps back, cutting the tie, “cause let me be honest, you’re not that great Sooyoung. Only when I have you in bed is when I think you’re worth it.” It’s a low blow that Sooyoung deserves. She lets Seola leave without another word.

Jinsoul is picking at her nails when Sooyoung grabs her again. She drags her roughly and the blonde drags back, “wait...ing...damn she-hulk you don’t have rag doll me!” Jinsoul groans out and Sooyoung lets her go, Jinsoul huffs and adjusts her blazer and skirt, “Jesus what happened in there you look like you wanna kill someone.”

Sooyoung blankly stares at her, the girl’s face not moving an inch. Jinsoul swallows the tension and nods her head that she’s ready to go. She silently follows Sooyoung to the subway. Jinsoul feels like something is wrong but is too afraid to ask. The girl was in a worse mood than before and doesn’t bother talking even though Jinsoul keeps blabbering about random nonsense. 

On the subway, Jinsoul sits a seat away from Sooyoung. The girl is still deadly quiet and pulls out a lighter to start flickering it on and off. Jinsoul stares at the flame before asking, “you smoke?” She can’t help but frown, she thought cigarettes were gross. 

“Used to. I only kept this habit.” Sooyoung keeps opening and closing the zippo. It calmed her just like nicotine would. 

Jinsoul blinks as Sooyoung stuffs the lighter back into her pocket, leaning her arms back onto the chairs. The blonde scoots closer to her, their legs not quite touching, but only a few inches away. “Are you mad at me?” 

Sooyoung shakes her head.

Jinsoul scoots again, now that their thighs are touching and she leans over into Sooyoung’s space, “do you hate me?” The blonde asks softly. Her words tumbling together.

Kind of.

Sooyoung smiles a bit, the first kind of emotion she’s shown since the restaurant. She turns and looks Jinsoul into the eyes. The blonde was so curious about her, so Sooyoung takes one of her hands to lay it on Jinsoul’s thigh. “Be quiet barbie.” She squeezes, loving how soft the skin is under her palm.

I hate the way I don’t hate you.

That I could never hate you. 

“I hate when you call me that.” Jinsoul groans.

“Than what would you rather me call you, Blondie?”

“I have black hair naturally.”

“Then princess it is.” Sooyoung jokes, but Jinsoul doesn’t completely hate it. 

Jinsoul glances down at the hand on her bare thigh and mumbles, “why are you touching me freak.” 

Sooyoung digs her nails into the skin, “because I can if I want to.” Jinoul flicks her gaze back up and narrows her eyes at Sooyung’s cool stare. The train was suddenly too hot and Jinsoul’s reminded how much she likes it when Sooyoung looks at her like that.

“Well you’re hurting me.” Sooyoung quickly takes her hand away but not before rubbing around the stinging sensation she left on Jinsoul’s skin. The older girl mumbles an apology before avoiding the blonde’s glare. Jinsoul thinks Sooyoung’s side profile is even prettier, she could stare at it all day. She’s really glad Sooyoung wasn’t wearing those glasses either, just so she can see how dark those eyes were. “What were you doing in that restaurant?” 

“Meeting a friend.”

Jinsoul blushes and leans closer to Sooyoung, “you’re telling me you were going on a date?” Her heart quickens as Sooyoung jerks away at her proximity. Jinsoul was so nosey.

“What? No I said-”

“Was he handsome? Tall? Did he have lots of money? Oh Sooyoung you should have told me I wouldn’t have-”

Jinsoul shuts up when Sooyoung glares at her like she’s grown a second set of eyes. “A friend Jinsoul.”

“A special friend.” Sooyoung groans at her and tries to scoot away but Jinsoul only scoots closer to her. “Okay I’ll stop bugging you...but can I ask why?”

Sooyoung starts to panic at how close Jinsoul’s getting, the blonde was practically on top of her and it was making her sweat. She couldn’t handle all this attention from Jinsoul but at the same time it was addicting. “Why what?”

“You chose me over him.” Jinsoul leans into Sooyoung, getting way too comfortable. 

Sooyoung sighs in defeat and leans her head back onto the cool window, she was getting way too warm. “I’m starting to believe I’d choose you over anyone.” Jinsoul let’s her fist clench in her lap, hearing that shouldn't feel as good as it did. Sooyoung flips her head back up and blinks at her, “you’re impossible to ignore you know that?”

Jinsoul pouts, “is it because I’m annoying?” Sooyoung glances down at Jinsoul’s lips. No it’s because you’re overwhelmingly cute when you make that expression. 

But Sooyoung wouldn't dare outing herself like that. “That and the fact you're so easy to be around.” Jinsoul’s brows knot questionably so Sooyoung explains, “You might insult me every second, but you’re not all that mean. I take most of what you say as a compliment.” Sooyoung mumbles out, “and I feel like I could trust you with anything without you seeing me any differently, because you’ve seen me at my worst and you’re still here.”  

Jinsoul finally gives Sooyoung space and sinks into the plastic seat of the train. She gets comfortable as Sooyoung slings an arm back behind her. Jinsoul wishes Sooyoung would fully put it around her, “you know how your friend said you had that power.” Jinsoul looks up at Sooyoung and the older girl her lips, “yeah that.” Sooyoung hates how Jinsoul’s eyebrows even work on her. 

Sooyoung bites down on her lip and glances away, “that pout you do.” It’s so overbearing, Sooyoung thinks, this girl’s already got a hold on her.

“How could I ever ignore something like that.” 

~~~~

The arcade is packed tonight, they couldn’t even play Q*bert since there were a bunch of teens surrounding it. So instead, they found themselves at the wonky Dig Dug, Jinsoul thought it was a great game...but the one in this arcade definitely had some issues. Jinsoul sits while playing, whining every time she loses. She tries to get Sooyoung to play but the girl shakes her head and continues to watch everyone but her.

Sooyoung seemed bored to death and Jinsoul was starting to feel like a jackass. “You know what, I’m done. You can go home now.” Jinsoul tells her and backs away from the game.

The older girl grabs her when she tries to stand up, “what? No we literally just got here fifteen minutes ago.” Jinsoul tries to pull away but Sooyoung seeths, “Jinsoul I swear to god.” The blonde huffs and decides not to have a temper tantrum going back to play the game once more. It was so frustrating. 

“I hate this game.”

“It’s because you’re playing it wrong.”

“Am not.”

“Are too.”

Jinsoul groans and smashes the buttons and Sooyoung quickly places her hands over her own, “let me show you.” Jinsoul tries to not dwell on the fact that Sooyoung’s hands are bigger than her own, or that the fact they're so soft.

“I don’t need your help, you don’t even want to be here.”

Sooyoung squeezes her hands and leans behind her, “I do, so shut up and listen.” Jinsoul looks up and quickly averts her gaze when she realizes Sooyoung’s face is right there. “This is how you should do it.” Sooyoung explains and starts to teach Jinsoul the controls a lot better. Jinsoul relaxes at her touch, satisfied that Sooyoung is finally paying her attention. 

Jinsoul watches the girl’s hands hover over her own and weakly asks, “Are you sure you’re not just here because you don’t want to hurt my feelings.” Sooyoung was all and all a sweet person, being selfless enough to come all the way here just so Jinsoul wouldn’t be alone. Maybe the girl really was thoughtful and cared enough not to wound her already sensitive feelings.  

Sooyoung did want to be here, but all these people were making her nervous. And Jinsoul’s bad playing habits were just making it worse. “I’ve told you before playing with you makes me feel better.” Sooyoung tells her, “and I just broke up with someone.” Hearing the crack in Sooyoung’s voice, Jinsoul becomes concerned. 

Then she remembers, Sooyoung’s just a girl after all. And girls shouldn’t be alone when they’re sad. Jinsoul doesn’t know why she treats Sooyoung so differently, maybe it was because she wasn’t like any other girl she’s ever met. There’s something about Sooyoung that Jinsoul doesn't understand that she wants to. 

Maybe it’s because she’s a lot like her and Jinsoul’s never been able to understand herself or the things that she does.

She was confusing the hell out of herself with Sooyoung. Because one minute she just wanted to see the girl smile and the next she wanted to strangle her. 

“Babe, why didn’t you tell me…” Sooyoung’s eyes widen as Jinsoul reaches up to hold onto one of her arms. Sooyoung didn’t exactly know that Jinsoul calls every girl babe but when she hears it within the softness of Jinsoul’s slow and drawn out voice her face gets redder than the lights on the screen.

Jinsoul is staring at her from below, Sooyoung starts to shake just a bit as the sweat from her hands gets onto the buttons. Jinsoul leans her head onto her shoulder, “I’m sorry Sooyoung...are you okay?” Now where was this coming from? Sooyoung was malfunctioning a bit, not knowing Jinsoul could be so sweet. “We can go somewhere else if you want or I could walk you home?” 

The blonde thinks she can sit aside her hatred for Sooyoung one night, she would want the same from her if she was upset. Sooyoung giggles nervously when Jinsoul wraps herself one of her arms and even presses her cheek against it. It’s so cute Sooyoung thinks she may burst. “I’m fine really, he was an anyways.” Jinsoul smiles at that and Sooyoung starts to play the game for her.

“Ugh, boys are so stupid.” Jinsoul gags and Sooyoung can agree, she didn’t even like them. She never has. “Don’t take this seriously when I say this but…” Jinsoul rambles out, “he’s a total loser for letting you go.” Sooyoung blushes even harder at that, Jinsoul had no idea what she was doing to her. “You deserve someone that treats you special.” Sooyoung looks down at the girl and hates how Jinsoul means it. It’s straight from the heart and Sooyoung wishes it was just empty comfort.

But Jinsoul was being honest and really trying to make her feel better.

“You need a weirdo just like you. That’ll be perfect, then I can make fun of both of you.” 

Sooyoung laughs at that, already forgetting about Seola. “Yeah?”

Jinsoul smiles up at her and squeezes Sooyoung’s arm. She still wishes she wasn’t obsessed with this girl because she could be a total jerk sometimes. However, Jinsoul doesn’t think she’s all that bad. Not as bad as she thought before all of this. Before she started to get to know Sooyoung. Still, Jinsoul will never never be friends with Sooyoung. But she thinks they keep this rivalry just the way it is for now. 

Cause it’s the best thing that’s happened to Jinsoul in a long long time. 

“Yeah.”

Because you’re so special to me.

~~~~

Hiii everyone sorry for this very long chapter...but I hope everyone enjoys it! Yvesoul is finally getting somewhere. Anyways I don’t have much to say except I really hope everyone likes this chapter and thank you all for the sweet comments! Lots of Love mwah!

Spoiler for next chapter: overall enthusiasm