The best candy you’ve ever had

Pixel Dreams of You

Escaping from her five sisters hadn’t been easy but Sooyoung managed to slip into one of the many hiding places the festival offered. She leaned back onto some big metal sheet, crossing one leg over the other and tossed a piece of gum in to cool her nerves.

She replaced one bad habit with another. Nicotine for mint. After relaxing for a few minutes, Sooyoung figures she should return to her sisters. They dragged her here straight after work, no time to change or make herself look decent.

Not like she was trying to impress anyone anyways. Well, there was Jinsoul. Who Sooyoung tried extra hard to be cool for, but she doubts she’ll run into the blonde tonight even though she’s positive she’s here. Jinsoul wouldn’t even notice her, she’s probably with her friends or worse...a date.

She’ll get a boyfriend and forget all about you.

Yubin’s words ring through her ears like sirens. Sooyoung should take the warning literally and start pulling away from Jinsoul, but she’s afraid her attachment to the blonde has become too strong to put the distance between them. She can be the girl’s friend even after the inevitable comes and the blonde gets a lover who’s not her. Sooyoung has to prepare for that, she has to prepare to be okay that Jinsoul will never be hers.

Even though it’s all she wants.

But her need for Jinsoul to be around overpowers that want so Sooyoung will have to swallow her desires. 

This week has been...difficult, with not seeing Jinsoul for a long period of time. The blonde lives rent free in her head now. Most thoughts are good, Sooyoung just mulls over how perfect and amazing Jinsoul is and those eyes she has. Other times, Sooyoung thinks about the bad things. About what Yubin said but Sooyoung reassured herself that none of it was true. Because she knows Jinsoul and she’s a lot more than what people assume.

Still, it didn’t help with the already established fear inside that Jinsoul may get tired of her. It would be her karma for breaking it off with all the girls that’s ever loved her. The one time she falls, she’s the one tossed to the side. Sooyoung hates that she’s starting to lose her own game.

She wonders if Jinsoul misses her as much as she missed the blonde.

“Jesus.” Sooyoung raises her head up from where she was staring at her old sneakers. Her heart drops to her tummy at who joins her in the little alley between festival games. She straightens up and holds her breath as her favorite girl walks closer and closer to her.

Of course Jinsoul would be here at the perfect moment. It’s like the universe was playing in her favor and Sooyoung couldn’t be more thankful. She can’t describe the happiness that flows through her body now even though the blonde looked downright pissed at whatever. 

Sooyoung’s learned to love all the attitudes Jinsoul throws at her. In a way, the blonde just gets more adorable the angrier she gets. 

Just look at that face. 

Jinsoul doesn’t even seem real, Sooyoung thinks she may have manifested the blonde right before her eyes. She has been obsessively daydreaming about Jinsoul so she wouldn’t be surprised if this was some sort of mirage. Sooyoung has spent so much time wishing she was here, her poor tortured mind starting hallucinating that she was.

But as soon as the blonde’s perfume hits her nose she knows it’s real. Her jaw is locked tight and her eyebrows are knit down, like she’s in deep thought. Sooyoung doesn’t breathe as she passes, hoping to not be seen yet. She really doesn’t know how Jinsoul notices her stare. Sooyoung’s all eyes for her.

She really is beautiful, Sooyoung thinks. The blonde’s hair is different, like it was done at the salon. Sooyoung can smell the aqua net as well when Jinsoul leans back onto the metal. For a moment, Sooyoung thinks Jinsoul knows she’s there. Just doesn’t want to acknowledge her yet. But when Jinsoul starts to mumble angrily to herself she knows the blonde thinks she’s alone.

Sooyoung takes a moment to let her eyes travel down the blonde’s figure. She can’t look for too long however or it feels like her heart is going to burst. Leather pants that stick to her hips and a corset top like the pop stars wear. Does she have any idea of what she’s doing to me? Taking a steady breath, Sooyoung digs into the pocket of her work slacks and pulls out the packet of gum. With a shaky hand she reaches out a piece to the blonde still huffing and puffing, “gum?”

Jinsoul freezes and her eyes open where they were closed. Suddenly the tie around Sooyoung’s neck is suffocating and her glasses feel like they’re gonna fog up from how hot her face gets. The blonde’s eyes slowly trail up her arm and when she meets them with her own Sooyoung forces a smile although she feels like throwing up from nerves.

Never has she had this hard of a time talking to a girl before. Jinsoul makes her feel like a teenager again. Usually Sooyoung found it easy weaving her way into a girl’s heart with shameless flirting, but with Jinsoul, she was afraid of trying. The sharpness in Jinsoul’s black eyes dulls and lithe fingers come to wrap around her wrist. Sooyoung’s mouth opens along with Jinsoul’s as the blonde brings the piece of gum up to her lips.

Jinsoul leans back and releases her wrist, the grin on her face isn’t arrogant like Sooyoung’s usually is. No, Jinsoul looks relieved. “Freaky , I was just thinking about you.” The blonde mumbles in that drawn out voice. Sooyoung listens to every syllable as if it was her lifeline. 

Sooyoung blushes, finding some sort of confidence and reassurance at Jinsoul’s confession. “You know what’s even weirder?” The blonde is picking at her nails but her eyes reach Sooyoung’s own again. They’re beaming with curiosity and something deeper that Sooyoung doesn’t want to figure out, “I was thinking about you too.” 

Jinsoul's obnoxious chewing slows down and her lips turn into a devilish smile. Sooyoung stuffs her hands in her pockets as Jinsoul draws her head back into a light laugh. Sooyoung wishes she could listen to it forever. She’d replace all her best traits just to be funnier for Jinsoul, to hear that laugh constantly. 

“Yeah? What were you thinking about?” Jinsoul asks while leaning closer to her, Sooyoung shrugs as their shoulder’s touch.

Sooyoung keeps her gaze locked with Jinsoul’s, “how bad you’d be at these rigged games.” She expects Jinsoul to scoff, but there’s only a giggle.

Jinsoul leans over until their shoulders are pressed together, “aww you’re so funny, I just was wanting to see you. A lot actually.” Sooyoung doesn’t know where all this is coming from but she can’t handle it. Her whole face is red by now. She becomes even tinier by scrunching up as much as she can, but then Jinsoul pokes her side gently, “don’t get shy on me now Sooyoung it’s a little too late for that.” 

Sooyoung is staring down at her sneakers as she digs the toe of them into the ground. It is a little too late for all that, but Jinsoul doesn’t know that all this time they’ve spent together. Sooyoung’s become weak, she has feelings and she doesn’t know how to control them. It’s been a long time since her heart has pounded like this.

She used to be so confident around Jinsoul. Was able to just like any other girl she has before, but now Sooyoung was the girl with butterflies in her tummy. Sooyoung was full of herself most of the time, chalk full of cockiness. Jinsoul made her feel like amatur. Sooyoung was being outplayed at the game she’s mastered.

Sooyoung should have been the one making Jinsoul weak in the knees, not the other way around. Jinsoul pokes her again, “where’s that big ego of yours?”

Biting down on her lip Sooyoung glances at Jinsoul out of the corner of her eye, “I don’t need it when I’m around you.” Jinsoul makes her feel special enough that Sooyoung doesn’t need to remind herself that she is.

She can see the smile on Jinsoul’s face get wider, “I like you so much more when you’re being sweet.” Jinsoul tells her in a softer voice before.

“Aren't I always?” Sooyoung teases, finally getting the courage to look up. Jinsoul’s eyes lost their sharp edge and as attractive Sooyoung found it, she loved it when her eyes would puff up with excitement. 

Jinsoul knudges her in the shoulder, beginning to hang onto her. “Yes it’s...” The blonde groans, “but you can be such an too sometimes.” Jinsoul’s hand creeps around her waist and Sooyoung doesn't realize how close they are getting. Her hands are still in her pockets but they’re twitching to touch Jinsoul. Even though she wants to get closer, Jinsoul must be here with someone, maybe even a date. “Still, I wanna hang out with you.”

Sooyoung thinks about it, “you didn’t come with anyone?” 

“Well dumb and dumber.” Jinsoul answers but Sooyoung doesn’t understand, “Yoojung and her boo thing.” Sooyoung’s lips form an ‘o’ as Jinsoul keeps rambling, “and I didn’t want to be the third wheel anymore so I just kinda started walking around…” Jinsoul trails off so Sooyoung nods her head trying to get her to continue.

Jinsoul then perks up and starts to cling to her arm, “and then I found you!” 

Sooyoung wants to say yes, wants to go whenever Jinsoul takes her. But a thought nags her, “I don’t know...my sisters-”

“Oh Sooyoung please!” Jinsoul whines and Sooyoung’s brain fizzles out. How could she say no? 

Jinsoul really makes her an idiot sometimes, “you really wanna hang out with me that bad?” Sooyoung cringes at herself, she doesn’t know why she’s still questioning it. Jinsoul’s asking her so nicely and all she can do is make an outta of herself. 

The blonde is clearly getting annoyed with her as well, “remember you told me you’d get me anything I want if I called you and well I did so...right now I want you.” Sooyoung is surprised she doesn’t melt right then and there. Jinsoul’s pout is overwhelmingly effective and with the added innocent tone of her voice, she’s downright irresistible. Sooyoung doesn’t answer fast enough and Jinsoul pulls away, “unless you really don’t want to? I think I seen Minho earlier I-”

“NO.” Sooyoung screams out and grabs Jinsoul by the wrists, even though she’s extremely embarrassed by her outburst she grumbles out, “Of course I want to hang out with you.” Jinsoul’s expression is shocked at first but then a -eating grin forms on her face. Little ...Sooyoung thinks as Jinsoul twirls around happily before throwing her arms around her shoulders.

Jinsoul knew exactly what she was doing when she mentioned his name. Sooyoung hates that she was so obvious, falling right into the blonde’s trap. She wouldn’t doubt if Jinsoul knew just how bad she had it for her. Jinsoul bounces in her arms and squeals and all Sooyoung can do is sigh exhaustedly. Jinsoul was a handful but she couldn’t get enough of the blonde.

She doesn’t think she’ll ever be satisfied with this feeling.

Just when Sooyoung thinks she has her heart back in control, Jinsoul presses her lips to the shell of her ear, “I know you can’t stand it when I talk about boys.” Sooyoung wants to claw her nails into Jinsoul’s hips, but she knows the reaction would be too telling. Instead she forces any emotion off her face as the blonde leans back. 

Jinsoul tries to read her but is unsuccessful. Sooyoung’s proud of herself, until Jinsoul begins to push at her buttons again. “Oh don’t be so cold you know it’s true.” Jinsoul drawls out and smiles brightly, “and I got all dolled up hoping I’d see you too, don’t you think I look pretty?” Sooyoung thought Jinsoul was impossible to be around when she was sweet, now she wasn’t sure how she was gonna survive with the blonde shamelessly flirting with her. 

Surely Jinsoul didn’t try for her, but the thought made Sooyoung drown in pride. Chewing on the inside of her cheek she coolly replies, “you always look good princess.” Tilting her head she allows her gaze to fall down the younger girl’s form slowly, drinking her in without caring how Jinsoul reacts. Sooyoung wouldn’t admit it, but Jinsoul looked more than just good. 

As Sooyoung checks her out, she can hear the blonde mumbles, “ew why do you always have to be gross about it.” Sooyoung shoots her eyes back up and into the dark gaze Jinsoul was giving her, it was clear that the blonde found the compliment everything but gross.

“You just...whatever.” Sooyoung gives up as the blonde giggles. It was obvious Jinsoul was teasing her. “I don’t even know why you ask me, you know I think you’re beautiful.” That seems to shut Jinsoul up as the mischievous smile drops and a blush spreads across her cheeks. 

“Shut up.” Jinsoul whispers as Sooyoung finally gets the upper hand. The blonde then grabs her hand and starts to drag her out of the alley way they were cooped up in. Sooyoung is allowed to slip back on her mask in public, she rolls the gum in around her teeth. Trying to distract herself from the girl by her side.

In the festival full of colors, Jinsoul looked way more beautiful than she did in the dark. All her features shine and Sooyoung gets stuck in the glow of them. 

The glare of reds and blues reflect off her glasses, and also the sparkle of Jinsoul’s smile whenever she turns back to her. Sooyoung doesn’t match it however, her lips stay slightly crooked. She can’t show Jinsoul how much that smile affects her. Sooyoung can’t let this girl know that she adores her. 

She used to work hard for that smile, pulling out the best of her charm and smooth talk. Sooyoung thought it was a rarity at first and a scowl was the blonde’s default and now she’d be met with pearly whites and crescent moon eyes with a single glance. Jinsoul used to just get angry at her presence but now the blonde seemed to be happy when she was around.

Sooyoung doesn’t know how to feel about that. But she does think it’s a good thing. She does miss teasing Jinsoul however. The blonde had a smart mouth and Sooyoung loved hearing it run and it was easy getting it started. 

Jinsoul is holding onto her arm and practically drags her through the mudded paths. The clumsy mixture of their paces cause them to walk closer together and Sooyoung hates that she starts to glance around to see if anyone notices them. Them looking like a couple should bring joy to Sooyoung’s heart, instead she only was getting scared.

Thankfully, Jinsoul’s one hell of a distraction. “You said something about your sisters?”

Sooyoung blinks out of the panic that was starting to form. She reminded herself this wasn’t a date, despite her feelings. She and Jinsoul were just friends, this was normal for friends to do right? Sooyoung’s not so sure...she’s never really had friends before.

“Yeah, they bugged me until I came, wouldn’t even let me go home first.” Sooyoung sighs heavily. It was hard to fight five stubborn girls, especially since they’re just like her.

Jinsoul blows a bubble with her gum before glancing down, “yeah I can tell.” Sooyoung narrows her eyes at the blonde as she blows another bubble before popping it.

Sooyoung looks down at her outfit. God I look so ing lame. She freezes mid step and scans Jinsoul, who literally stepped out of a vogue photo shoot and then back at herself. She could pass for pc computing magazine. Pushing the blonde away she frantically untucks her button up from her work slacks and tears off her tie, shoving it into the back pocket of her pants. 

Knocking a few buttons loose from her shirt, she takes off her glasses as well, folding them into the front pocket where she kept a few pens. Jinsoul is definitely amused by the smirk on her lips and Sooyoung buffs out, “better? Do I look cool enough for you now?” Jinsoul raises a brow when she slaps her hands back down to her thighs almost aggravated.

It wasn’t that she was mad at Jinsoul, but her appearance to the blonde meant more than what she’d admit. 

Jinsoul steps forward to take her glasses back out of her pocket, gently putting them back over her eyes. “I think you look cuter with them on.” Sooyoung blushes and Jinsoul pushes some of the hair she knocked loose during her frantic transformation behind her ear. “And for the record you’ll never be cool enough for me but I’m humbled to hang out with a total loser.” Sooyoung’s blush turns to embarrassment as the blonde cackles. 

Sooyoung rolls her eyes and starts to walk but it isn’t soon after as Jinsoul’s skipping forward towards her, “awe did I hurt the poor baby’s feelings.” Shoving her hands into her pockets she ignores Jinsoul’s teases, the blonde wraps herself around her arm again and Sooyoung tries to not give in, “stop being so sensitive I was just playing.” 

“Were you though?” Sooyoung knows Jinsoul was but just wanted to make sure. Jinsoul’s said it herself before, one of the main reasons she was obsessed was because she thought Sooyoung was the coolest person ever. It’s just hard to believe for Sooyoung.

Jinsoul puts a bounce in her step and Sooyoung finds herself being dragged to a quicker walking pace. “Duh babe. You can pull off grandpa glasses and the color brown while still being the hottest girl alive.” 

Sooyoung raises a brow at that, “no ?” Jinsoul side eyes her when she snorts at the compliment.

The blonde rolls her eyes and continues to pull them for the crowd, “have you ever looked in the mirror?” 

Jinsoul’s voice was getting lighter and lighter by the second and Sooyoung couldn’t help but pull her bottom lip between her teeth. “I have...what do you think I see when I do?” She hears a soft groan to her left but Sooyoung doesn’t dare to look, she only chews on her lip harder.

“Some dickhead,” Jinsoul replies and Sooyoung bites back a laugh, “with a cute face and gorgeous eyes.” She doesn’t expect the next half of the answer and she almost breaks her neck turning to Jinsoul. The blonde isn’t looking at her though, only in the distance. Sooyoung should be concerned by the scowl on Jinsoul’s lips and the knot between her brows, but she doesn’t think she’ll have to worry after seeing a faint blush dusting across puffy cheeks. 

Sooyoung smiles and nudges the blonde in the side, “sure you’re not talking about yourself?” Jinsoul rolls her eyes and shakes her head. But by the twitch of her top lip, Sooyoung knew Jinsoul liked it. 

Taking control of their paired walk, Sooyoung begins to lead them to some of the festival games. There was something oddly comforting about being with Jinsoul.

And tonight, Sooyoung planned to take advantage of that.

~~~~

Jinsoul rests a hand on her hip, poking it out as Sooyoung fails over and over again at a baseball toss. The older girl groans as she throws the ball aggressively, any other time Jinsoul would have found it attractive, but now she was just getting annoyed. 

It was cute, seeing Sooyoung try so hard for her. But Jinsoul just wanted to move on, the guy running the game was creepy and kept throwing her winks. Reaching forward she tugs on Sooyoung’s elbow, “Come on babe I’m tired of this one, lets go to the darts.” Sooyoung glares at her coldly and Jinsoul challenges the gaze, but seeing that Sooyoung isn’t going to give up anytime soon, the blonde just groans and backs away.

Sooyoung pulls out her wallet and throws another dollar at the guy, “you said you wanted a pound puppy, I’m getting you a pound puppy.” Jinsoul watches with tired eyes as Sooyoung cracks her neck and rolls her shoulders. Like she was actually playing some sport. Never has Jinsoul seen Sooyoung this frustrated at a game before, she usually didn’t even have to try to win. Leave it to the rigged toss game to finally break the girl’s relentless concentration.

“I did, but now I’m bored.” Jinsoul sighs out and crosses her arms. Sooyoung only mocks her by re-mouthing the words she said. She knows Sooyoung isn’t pissed at her, but it was pretty funny seeing the once cool headed player get so fired up over a stupid game. Sooyoung could usually win something without even blinking. Jinsoul smiles to herself as Sooyoung chews her gum in an arrogant manner. It was obvious that the older girl was trying to impress her.

But the only thing amusing was how bad Sooyoung was. “Shut your pretty up and watch.” Sooyoung picks up the baseballs and starts to throw them as hard as she can. Jinsoul watches as she misses every time. When she throws the last one, it hits the shelf, but none of the bottles move. “OH COME ON THAT’S A LOAD OF BULL!” 

Jinsoul’s brows raised high, if she thought it was hot when Sooyoung would play games like a pro, where she wouldn’t even have to look at a screen. Her losing her temper certainly got Jinsoul feeling a little breathless. Although she could watch this for a good half hour, Sooyoung was getting angier by the second. “Sooyoung just face it, you .” Jinsoul tells her in an innocent voice.

The older girl’s jaw clenches and she turns to look at her for the first time since they started. That gaze was like ice piercing through Jinsoul’s heart, “oh like you’re any better.”

Jinsoul rolls her eyes in an exaggerated manner before strutting over to Sooyoung, pouting her lip up she tilts her head to the side, “don’t get mad at me over a stupid game, I’m not the one with a terrible elbow.” Sooyoung seethes a cold fire, her face is expressionless but Jinsoul smiles knowing that Sooyoung probably wants to kill her right now.

“Fine why don’t you try it.” Sooyoung says calmly, her voice a bit raspy from all the yelling and groaning. It sends chills through Jinsoul’s spine and all the way down her toes. 

Sooyoung never really was competitive, but right now Jinsoul could see the determination in those black eyes. She loved it. Jinsoul has wanted to see Sooyoung riled up from the beginning. “Sure, don’t have to ask me twice to kick your .” Sooyoung's face steels even more as she literally throws a dollar at the game master. Jinsoul sniffs as she’s handed some balls.

As she’s preparing, looking at the pins with a bit of calculation, Sooyoung leans up onto the counter, checking her out as she does so. The dude behind the counter checks her out too, and she has to hide her smile when Sooyoung throws him a death glare, clearly jealous. Sooyoung knocks over some stray balls onto the floor making the guy grumble as he goes to pick them up. 

Jinsoul exaggerates the build up, shaking her whole body in front of Sooyoung before she reels her arms back. Pausing for a few seconds she slides her eyes to the older girl and winks, “watch and learn loser.”

Throwing the ball with speeds she manages to hit the stack of bottles square center. Sooyoung gasps with surprise, but then groans when none of the pins move. Jinsoul promised she wasn’t going to get mad over a stupid game just to prove a point. However, “WHAT THE ?!” Jinsoul wanted to be the cool one this time around, whenever she and Sooyoung are at the arcade, the older girl acts all high and mighty with how good she is.

It’s so effortless, and in turn pokes fun at how worked up Jinsoul gets at the smallest inconvenience or when she loses. 

The creepy guy laughs, “better luck next time barbie girl.” 

Jinsoul starts to crawl over the counter, about to sock the guy right in the nose, but Sooyoung manages to pull her back. Jinsoul fists are clenched and she’s pretty sure steam is coming out of her ears, but Sooyoung’s smoothing voice calms her down, “you still got four balls left.”

The blonde nods and goes back to the spot, no more dramatics. She was winning a ing pound puppy. This time, she doesn’t try to put on a show for Sooyoung, no matter how good she wanted to look for the girl. Jerking her elbow back she throws another one. It hits, but nothing moves. 

Jinsoul kicks the game stand, cursing every word she knows in the book. People start to look and Sooyoung covers while laughing. 

“Awe too bad, I really thought you were gonna win this time.” The guy replies again. Jinsoul knows it’s his job to rile them up, but she really. really. wanted to wipe that stupid smile off his face. The next ball hits as well, so does the next. But no pins fall, and all that does is Jinsoul’s resolve. “Damn...girls can’t do anything right but look pretty.”

Jinsoul’s eye twitches and Sooyoung stands up, she doesn’t look happy at all. Jinsoul won’t let Sooyoung fight this fight for her however, not this time. Jinsoul reaches for the last ball, staring at it closely. Sooyoung is glaring at the guy fiercely and Jinsoul comes up with a plan.

Reeling her elbow back one last time, she changes the course of her aim, throwing the ball straight at the guys nuts.

His eyes pop out of his sockets as Jinsoul rocket fires the ball to the money shot. Sooyoung’s jaw drops as Jinsoul starts to celebrate. Leaning over the counter, she dips her hand back into his little pouch and grabs a wad of the money he practically stole. “How’s that for a throw pencil ?” Sooyoung grabs her a pound puppy as well, dragging her away from the scene as she throws both her middle fingers up at the guy on the verge of throwing up.

Sooyoung giggles at her flipping him off, clearly happy they sort of won the stupid game. Jinsoul’s too occupied by cussing out everyone who looks at her for causing such a scene to notice the warmth around her waist. She’s so angry, she can’t appreciate how Sooyoung’s holding her. 

“What are you freaks staring at?” Jinsoul yells at a group of teenagers who were staring at her funny. Sooyoung waves them off when they start to whisper to each other in fear. Jinsoul huffs and rips Sooyoung’s hand off her, “get off me weirdo, who told you to touch me?” 

Sooyoung huffs at her, “you need to like...chillax.” Jinsoul turns to glare at the older girl who was holding her plushie to her side. Sooyoung looks amused at her outburst and it just fires Jinsoul up more, “you got a major temper problem you know that right?” 

Jinsoul smacks the hand that tries to pinch her cheek away, Sooyoung's smile just gets wider as the blonde puffs up. Like a mad puppy. “Oh bite me Sooyoung.” Jinsoul crosses her arms and scowls. 

The older girl smirks and Jinsoul’s blood boils at how arrogant it is. Sooyoung then throws an arm around her tense shoulders, pulling them away from the scene before that guy comes back to try and take back his earnings. “I’m being honest princess.” Jinsoul rolls her eyes but leans into Sooyoung’s side anyway. Her hold was comforting and surprisingly calming Jinsoul down despite Sooyoung annoying the out of her moments ago. “I like it when you’re bad.” Sooyoung tells her with a slight edge to her voice.

Jinsoul fakes a gag and pulls away from Sooyoung to toss her a look, “what?” Sooyoung asks her innocently and Jinsoul scoffs before fully stepping away from the girl.

The blonde keeps glancing back at Sooyoung, “Stop looking at me like that.” 

“But you’re so cute when you’re mad.” Sooyoung coos while pinching one of her puffed up cheeks, Jinsoul whines at the slight pain and pulls her face away from Sooyoung’s soft touch. “Look at them cheeks, how can I resist that pout of yours.”

“Shut. the. . up.” 

Jinsoul muffles a scream when she has to keep smacking Sooyoung’s wandering hands away. It wasn’t that she didn’t want Sooyoung touching her, she was just afraid of it being obvious that she liked it. “So help me, Jinsoul if you push my hand away one more time.” Sooyoung warns and Jinsoul can’t help but bite her lip. 

“Or what? You gonna put me in time out?” She tilts her head at the taller girl before popping a bubble with her gum. 

Sooyoung simply stares at her for a few moments, narrowed eyes, straight face. Until the words come out dangerously suggestive, “something like that.” Jinsoul’s so distracted by the way her tummy twists she isn’t able to escape Sooyoung’s pull this time. The hand on her hip feels natural, but the heart palpitations are anything but normal. “See, not so bad is it?”

Of course it’s not bad you idiot...I like you.

Jinsoul can’t think of any place she’d rather be than to be wrapped up with Sooyoung. She was endearing even when she was being gross, because Jinsoul liked it. If anyone else said the stuff that Sooyoung says to her, Jinsoul probably would destroy them via telekinesis or hidden lasers. However, the only thing she wanted to get rid of now was the stupid smile that was growing on her face.

Sooyoung of course notices it and teases her, but Jinsoul ignores her in an effort to not dig herself deeper into the pit of feelings she has for the taller girl. The blonde appreciates when Sooyoung doesn’t poke fun at her anymore, instead rubbing her bare arm to get rid of the chills. She was starting to regret her outfit choice, but Sooyoung’s reaction was priceless. 

Something catches Jinsoul’s eye, “wait can you get me that?” Sooyoung hums and stares in the direction where Jinsoul points. 

“The bbq on a stick?” Jinsoul nods where she was leaning her head back on Sooyoung’s shoulder, “of course, anything for the queen bee.”

Jinsoul rolls her eyes and backhands Sooyoung’s chest as the girl giggles. As Sooyoung walks up to the stand a cute girl pops up, Jinsoul raises a brow as the girl blushes when Sooyoung smiles at her. Jinsoul totally understands, Sooyoung had the dreamiest smile on the planet. Still…

Don’t get jealous

Don’t get jealous

The girl laughs at one of Sooyoung’s dumb jokes.

Ok.

Jinsoul watches with narrowed eyes as the girl nervously takes Sooyoung’s order. Sooyoung pays with another smile and the girl looks like she’s about to pass out. Jinsoul tilts her head as the taller girl struts back over to her. Jinsoul’s view sways, mesmerized with Sooyoung’s hips but then she remembers the obvious flirting she just witnessed. 

There’s a cheeky grin on Sooyoung’s face as well but when she meets Jinsoul’s hardened gaze it drops in a second, “what? Did I get the wrong thing?” Jinsoul smiles with a bit of poison and shakes her head no.

Sooyoung awkwardly waits for the food since Jinsoul won’t let her come close anymore. It’s not that Sooyoung knew what she did, Jinsoul was being overdramatic. Sooyoung probably didn’t even know the girl was hitting on her. And again, it wasn’t like they were on a date or together like that.

They’re friends, so Jinsoul shouldn’t want to rip that girl’s head off for simply thinking Sooyoung’s cute.

Still.

The girl pops back out with hot food, Sooyoung thanks her with a sweet voice and turns quickly to hand Jinsoul her share. The girl locks eyes with her and Jinsoul tries to come off friendly, but the girl’s face turns pale. So much for hiding her jealousy. 

Chewing on her food, Jinsoul waits until they’re out of earshot to mumble, “that girl had the hots for you.” She rolls her eyes when she hears Sooyoung choking on her chicken.

Sooyoung pounds her chest a few times before squeaking out, “what girl?”

“Really? How many girls have you talked to tonight?” Jinsoul groans out impatiently.

The taller girl takes a few moments to think, “well my sisters and you, that’s it I think oh…” Realization dawns on Sooyoung and she turns to face Jinsoul. The blonde knots her brows at the action and looks Sooyoung up and down who was working up the courage to say something.

But before she can, Jinsoul makes sure to ramble out, “you should get her number.”

Sooyoung’s mouth opens and closes a few times, “wait what?”

Jinsoul huffs, “I said-”

“No, I heard you it’s just...why?” 

The blonde blinks, “because she obviously was feeling you and I don’t know she seemed like she would be your type.”

Sooyoung pouts up a bit, confused where this was coming from. Maybe it was just Jinsoul being supportive, or was using reverse psychology, at least she thinks she was. “And how would she be my type?”

“Come on Sooyoung she was adorable, she was a nervous wreck just talking to you. I feel like you would be into those shy, quiet kinda girls. Totally gave off some bookworm vibes, isn’t that your flavor?” Jinsoul explains herself, referring back to Jiwoo as well. Sooyoung had some sort of relationship with Jiwoo, and well Jiwoo was a different kind of nerd. One that actually stuffed her nose into books and not the media.

Sooyoung’s expression is blank, impossible to read even for someone as smart as Jinsoul. The blonde waits for an answer and it feels like torture for how long it takes Sooyoung to even react to her words. 

But when she does, Jinsoul’s not sure how she keeps herself up right with the way her knees buckle, “my type is the opposite of that.” Sooyoung’s staring at her so fiercely, Jinsoul forgets how to breathe, or speak in that manner.

Sooyoung’s gaze is soft and fond, making it hard for Jinsoul to focus, “yeah?” Jinsoul hates how her voice cracks, “what, like you’re into goth girls or something?” 

“No Jinsoul.”

“Punks?”

“You know what kinda girl I like.” Sooyoung says seriously.

But Jinsoul isn’t so sure herself, “you like the goody two shoes. Those preppie girls with the real fancy blazers.” 

Sooyoung snorts, “I like girls with a brain for sure, you got that part right.”Jinsoul gulps audibly when Sooyoung takes a step forward, “but also the ones who don’t need to be told they’re pretty because they already know.” Confident. Jinsoul leans back as Sooyoung towers over her, “princesses, who can save themselves instead of having someone else do it.” Independent. 

Jinsoul swoons when Sooyoung glances down at her lips, “I like a girl with an attitude. A bad one.” 

Me. 

“Eat up, I wanna ride that spinny thing.” Sooyoung tells her before walking off. Jinsoul’s stuck to the ground however. Jinsoul’s staring at her food, unsure how to move on from a bold statement. She’s forced to, when Sooyoung starts to call out her name. 

Jinsoul quickly stuffs the food in before racing over to Sooyoung who was waiting for her. They walked quietly to the spinning strawberries, they didn’t look like the safest ride clearly on their last limb. Sooyoung pushes her inside one of them when she’s spent too long zoning off, the blonde couldn’t focus on anything.

The ride starts and Sooyoung glances at her warily over and over again she slowly spins the wheel around. Jinsoul wants to forget about it, but she can’t. She grabs the wheel, blurting out what was sirening off in her mind, “It’s me isn’t it, I’m your type.” The strawberry stops spinning and so does Jinsoul’s head.

Sooyoung’s features are highlighted and shadowed as they’re rotated around in the ride. Jinsoul tries to catch any kind of reaction but she can barely see Sooyoung’s eyes underneath the glare of her glasses, she can’t picture that smirk of hers. Sooyoung stays quiet, leaning back into the hunk of metal poorly painted like a fruit, “Come on do you find me attractive?” Jinsoul says desperately, trying to play it off as teasing.

“You really want me to say it out loud?”

Duh, don’t you see me freaking out over here?

“Yes.” Jinsoul knows, she has for a while. Sooyoung being attracted to her doesn’t mean anything, right? The statement shouldn’t give her so much hope...but why does it? And hope for what? For them to be something more, to maybe not feel so alone with this painful crush she has on Sooyoung. That she isn’t the only one struggling with fluttering feelings.

Sooyoung grabs the wheel, “isn’t it obvious Jinsoul? I think anyone would be drooling over you if you gave them the time.” Jinsoul doesn’t like that answer, it isn’t obvious to her. Sooyoung’s so transparent sometimes she just wants to scream. “I consider myself lucky, getting to be around you this much.”

That’s better, Jinsoul guesses. She grabs the opposite end of the wheel and stops the ride once again, starting to spin it the other way, hoping to throw Sooyoung off balance, “so does that mean you would date me?”

Sooyoung replies a little too quickly and Jinsoul doesn’t know if it’s a bad or good thing, “Please, finding you attractive and wanting to date are two different things.” Jinsoul frowns at that, because she understands entirely, she thinks Sooyoung is very fine...but that doesn’t mean she’d ever want to be on that level with her. “You’re very annoying blondie, I'd rather poke my eyes out with a stick.”

Jinsoul’s heart cracks a little bit, “Harsh. You don’t have to be a about it.” She grumbles out while turning the wheel a lot faster. She shouldn’t be hurt by that statement because she wouldn’t date Sooyoung in any circumstance. But in reality, it wouldn’t take much for her to consider dating Sooyoung, she would never admit that however.

Sooyoung grips the wheel, bringing it to an abrupt stop, “Why do you care? It’s not like you would either.” Jinsoul stares into Sooyoung’s eyes that are finally visible, she can’t read the look the older girl’s giving her. “You like guys Jinsoul, last time I checked, I’m the total opposite of what you want.”

No you’re exactly what I want.

Maybe even more.

The longer Jinsoul takes to reply the more questioning Sooyoung’s gaze becomes, at the final seconds of the ride, the gaze becomes hopeful and Jinsoul knows she’s making a mistake. “I get it Sooyoung.” She shouldn’t play around with Sooyoung like that, leading her on to think that maybe something between them is possible.

Jinsoul knows there is a chance though. A big one, especially the way her heart is racing and not because of the adrenaline from the ride. But by the way Sooyoung’s staring at her. 

She isn’t sure if she should let Sooyoung know.

Just how much of a chance there is.

~~~~

“Pleaseeee Sooyoung, just one more!” Jinsoul whines and cries, clinging onto Sooyoung while she eats sour patch kids. Sooyoung blushes and turns away when Jinsoul flutters her eyelashes and claps her hands together, “pleasseeeee for me, ride one more with me!” The blonde then pounces on Sooyoung, hugging her while still begging her with a sweet voice. The hug is one sided, since Sooyoung is too busy eating while Jinsoul leans all her weight onto her. 

Everytime Sooyoung tries to push her away, Jinsoul just latches back onto her. “I’ll just watch okay?” Sooyoung tells her in a shaky tone, not being able to cope with the full effect of Jinsoul’s pouting. The blonde had a very mysterious way of making her heart melt. Sooyoung just couldn’t handle the way Jinsoul’s brows up turned along with her eyes glossing over.

And those lips…

Sooyoung wasn’t sure if she could stop herself from leaning in if Jinsoul kept it up. It was seriously dangerous, and downright irresistible. Jinsoul was a force to be reckoned with and Sooyoung, despite experience and expertise, couldn’t come close to figuring out how she was gonna survive how impossibly adorable Jinsoul is at even given moment.

Even when she’s got murder on the mind and Sooyoung’s the first target, Jinsoul still would win a noble prize for having the cutest expressions. “But you sat out on the last one...I don’t wanna be all alone.” 

Sooyoung feels herself getting sick thinking about the ride, she had one too many corn dogs and sugar. She’d rather disappoint the blonde than chucking up the whole evening on her. “I’ll be right here. Here I promise to go on the Ferris wheel with you if you don’t make me ride this.”

Jinsoul thinks for a moment and then a smile reaches ear to ear on the blonde’s face, “okay!” Sooyoung sighs with relief as Jinsoul skips up to the ride, now she had another problem. She was deathly afraid of heights...at least she won’t throw up.

Sooyoung chews on her candies, she manages to get a whole pocket full without paying. Jinsoul is quite the distraction, while Sooyoung stealthily grabbed things without the clerks knowing. She and the blonde made a pretty good team.

And deep down, Sooyoung allowed herself to cherish how good they looked together as a couple. Not only that...but it felt incredibly right, like there was no other person she should be with tonight besides Jinsoul

Jinsoul contrasted her chill manners, and while Sooyoung prided herself on being one the calmest people alive, certainly she needed a little fire in her life. And Jinsoul was quite the spark. The blonde managed to light a flame to her heart, and maybe Sooyoung managed to relax Jinsoul in return. Used to, Jinsoul seemed so tense but now the blonde smiled often and brightly at that.

Sooyoung can’t help but smile as the blonde screams on the ride, she keeps pulling funny faces at her when she passes by. Sooyoung waves every time, even starting to scream with her. Jinsoul may be the biggest diva Sooyoung knows, a killer personality, but she’s never met someone as goofy and kind as Jinsoul either.

Jinsoul’s crazy, but Sooyoung is crazy about her.

Leaning up onto the railing Sooyoung rolls her eyes at the gawky pop music on repeat, Jinsoul loves that stuff. She chews her last sour patch kid and heads over to the garbage.

“That blonde chick is totally bangin’, when she gets off I’m gonna ask her to go to the ferris wheel with me.” Sooyoung’s eyes narrow at the conversation she overhears, turning her head slightly and she notices a group of three guys. They looked on the privileged side, all wearing sport coats varying in color. The one talking had feathered hair, it bounced as he laughed with his friends. 

Sooyoung stares holes through the back of the guy's head as she makes her way over. Crossing her arms, she waits for Jinsoul. The blonde is radiating with happiness when they lock eyes, but Sooyoung is keeping a tab on the guy starting to call out to Jinsoul.

“Hey you!” Jinsoul is smiling but when she turns to look at who’s yelling at her it slowly fades. Sooyoung hums with satisfaction, she shouldn’t be this possessive over someone who’s just her friend, but she didn’t feel like sharing Jinsoul’s attention with anyone tonight. “I was hoping we could- AH!”

Sooyoung trips him, no one even notices how sneaky she did it. His friends were laughing but they cut short once they realized their friend ate dirt. Jinsoul gasps and Sooyoung almost regrets her actions when the blonde glances down with concern. 

Wait, did she actually care about this guy falling down?

Sooyoung resists the urge to start biting her nails out of nerves, the whole scenario playing out of her head. Jinsoul helps the guy up, seeing that he’s cute,  after cleaning all the muck off him first, riding the ferris wheel, exchanging numbers...dates...kissing...falling in love. 

And where was she in the whole mix? 

Stuck on the sidelines, crying about how Jinsoul’s forgotten all about her. No more arcade, no more games, no more teasing or flirting. No more cheek kisses or warm hugs. Sooyoung regrets tripping this guy...now he was going to steal her girl from her.

Wait, my girl?

“Watch where you’re falling dip! You almost got freaking mud on my pumps, one do you have any idea what material these are? Satin, two do you have any idea how hard it is to clean satin?” Jinsoul is in full rage mode and Sooyoung couldn’t be more in love.

Wait, in love? What is going on with me!?

The guy raises his head to mumble out an apology but Jinsoul cuts him off, “oh blah blah shut up! Ugh gross!” Sooyoung reaches her hand out for the blonde and Jinsoul takes it, the guy’s face is squished back into the mud when the blonde steps onto his head and over his body. Sooyoung snorts at the side and escorts Jinsoul away from the area.

“Ma’dam.” Sooyoung says with a smile but it’s wiped off when Jinsoul shoots her a glare.

“Don’t you start, freak.” Sulking, Sooyoung doesn’t peep another word as Jinsoul interlocks their elbows together. Jinsoul reminded her of a sour patch kid, sweet once she got past all the eye-watering stuff, but sometimes it would still linger to her lips, proving to be a surprise whenever she had forgotten it was a sour snack in the first place.

She’s had a lot of candy in the past, but Jinsoul was her favorite. Looking up at the ferris wheel, Sooyoung gulps in fear but she feels a slight tug on her arm. Jinsoul’s dragging her to the line and she can’t get out of it this time, she made a promise. Glancing at the blonde however, all those conflicted feelings disappear and one remains. 

It’s safe.

And Sooyoung knows it’s all she needs.

~~~~

She’s so cool. Jinsoul eyes flutter as she gawks at Sooyoung. The taller girl had a er in , it hung from her lips and Jinsoul couldn’t help but almost drool everytime Sooyoung rolled it around her tongue. She internally screams when Sooyoung pushes her hair back with a single hand, since her other was preoccupied holding Jinsoul’s stuff. 

Sooyoung must have heard her tiny noises she was making because the older girl glances at her from the side. Jinsoul goes light-headed, and holds on tighter to the girl’s arm for support so she doesn't pass out.

Jinsoul sighs out dreamily, Sooyoung acted like she was too cool for anything, especially this silly ride they were about to go one. Used too, Sooyoung’s withdrawn attitude annoyed her, but now she just found it hot.

Secretly she always has, but now that it wasn’t reflected onto her, Jinsoul could appreciate it for what it is. “You girls need help getting up?”

Jinsoul’s brought out of her daze, “nah I got it.” The ride operator smiles, a different one than earlier, he seemed pretty friendly even though he smelled like straight cigarettes. Jinsoul’s then lifted up onto the metal stage turning her insides into goo. Even though Sooyoung was nothing but a noodle with a little bit of curve she sure was strong.

Pulling Sooyoung up herself, she lets the older girl go first. Jinsoul snorts when Sooyoung shakily approaches the seats...but her gaze falls down. Sooyoung’s looked really cute in those pants, maybe if she just-

“HEY!” Jinsoul jumps when Sooyoung squeaks out, the girl turns around, flushed face and wide angry eyes. The blonde holds her hands up in defense, she couldn’t help herself, but Jinsoul knows she should probably work on self control when it comes to groping other girls. They were just so cute though, especially Sooyoung. She was the cutest ever. 

Giggling mischievously she fakes an apology, she was sorry for nothing in reality, “my bad, those pants really compliment the shape of your-”

“Don’t, just…just get in Jung.” Jinsoul softly groans at the rasp of Sooyoung’s voice that was usually smooth. Knowing that she had an effect on the older girl made her fingers twitch to touch some more.

Squeezing beside of Sooyoung she presses right up against the older girl’s side. It was warm and comfortable, until Sooyoung pushed her away and into the corner of the seat. Jinsoul pouts up seriously this time with no ulterior motive but Sooyoung just crosses her arms and shoots her a warning glare.

Jinsoul pokes at the older girl's side, irritating her some more. She thinks Sooyoung’s about to throw her off the ride, but when it jerks into movement Jinsoul is pleasantly surprised when the older girl clings to her. Long gone is the cold expression that Sooyoung was holding and now the girl looked close to fainting.

Sooyoung’s shaking and Jinsoul can’t help but snort, “what is wrong with you?”

Jinsoul stares closely at Sooyoung who’s lip was almost quivering, she notices a tiny mole right on her cheek. It makes the older girl even cuter, if that was possible, Jinsoul wonders if Sooyoung has anymore. “N-nothing.” Sooyoung whispers out but then squeaks when the ride shifts and creaks.

It sure was old and a bit sketchy. However, Jinsoul was never more grateful for an inanimate object in her life, except for Q*bert of course, but then again the game brought her closer to Sooyoung, just like this ride. Jinsoul could stare all she wanted. So close she could count some of Sooyoung’s long eyelashes and see yesterday's eyeliner that she didn’t entirely get off. 

“You’re shaking.” 

Sooyoung curls into her further the higher they go up, Jinsoul just now realizes how small this girl was. She watches as Sooyoung takes her glasses off before sticking them into her shirt pocket. The older girl gives her a wary look, but Jinsoul can’t think of anything other than how Sooyoung should be on the cover of a magazine. 

She doesn’t know why all those girl’s fawn over mediocre boys when a girl like this exists. Sooyoung was a bit baby faced, but at the same time had an elegance to her that had Jinsoul breathless by just gazing at her. “I-I’m scared of heights.” Jinsoul blinks out of her daze and doesn’t stop herself from bursting out laughing. 

Sooyoung squeezes her arm but Jinsoul keeps laughing, “god you’re such a dork why didn’t you tell me?” She wheezes out between giggles. Sooyoung narrows her eyes and whines when she can’t fully get mad at Jinsoul since the ride begins to shake again.

Once it smooths out though she grumbles, “because all you’ve talked about was riding this and I wanted you to have fun...I wasn’t gonna let you miss you out because I-AAAH !” Sooyoung screams when Jinsoul deliberately moves the seat. 

Jinsoul has to hold her stomach from laughing so hard but once she hears a little sniffle she forces herself to stop. Turning to Sooyoung her heart breaks a tiny bit, still, it’s the funniest thing she’s ever seen. Leaning forward she presses her forehead against Sooyoung’s temple, “you’re really cute you know that right?” 

Sooyoung’s skin is warm against her own and Jinsoul doesn’t know how she’s going to sleep tonight knowing there’s something more comforting than her blankets. Jinsoul in a quiet breath when Sooyoung turns to her, they’re inches apart. If she leans forward her nose would touch Sooyoung’s, if she tilts her head, she’d be able to wipe that frown off Sooyoung’s lips.

Uh no no no…

That’s not what I’m thinking of.

Despite how much Jinsoul likes being that close to Sooyoung and being able to see the light in her eyes, she pulls away as quickly as she can. Shifting their bodies a bit, she intertwines her fingers with Sooyoung’s. Jinsoul squeezes and feels the cool gold of Sooyoung’s rings against her skin, “just look at me and it won’t be scary.”

Jinsoul doesn’t actually think Sooyoung will listen, but she does. Now she’s the one being observed with detail. Sooyoung’s eyes roam all over her features, it isn’t predatory like it has been before, but now full of admiration.

“And I’m the cute one.” Jinsoul whips her head around, meeting Sooyoung’s gaze. Her black eyes are blown and Jinsoul wonders if hers are doing the same. She’s read in all those  magazines when she was a teenager...that if she looked at the person she loved her eyes would get all big and shiny.

Sooyoung’s were like tiny dark moons. 

Shining just as bright as the festival. 

The ride stops and Jinsoul realizes they’re in the perfect spot. The main top, where she wanted to go the whole night. Tearing her eyes away from Sooyoung's, she's faced with what she’s dreamed about all night. 

Jinsoul can see the entire festival from here. All the flashing lights become little stars and the noise fades into the background. It’s way cooler up here and Jinsoul shivers at the goosebumps rising on her skin. She snuggles into the girl beside her hoping she can find that same warmth from earlier. 

It’s breathtaking, Jinsoul wishes she could keep this image in her head forever, she hopes this memory will never lose its vibrancy in her lifetime. She closes her eyes as another breeze comes through and can’t help but pull her lips into a smile from where she was biting them. Opening them back up she glances down at all the tiny little people probably watching them, but Jinsoul feels like it’s only her and Sooyoung.

“Oh Sooyoung it’s amazing isn’t it.” Jinsoul sighs out and keeps losing herself into the night. She watches all the other rides that look so small now, their colors blurring into the haze of the fog that was beginning to settle. All the tents look like pinwheels and candy, the distance noise isn’t as annoying anymore.

Sooyoung’s quiet, so Jinsoul turns to her. She’s looking only at her and Jinsoul wouldn’t doubt if she has been the whole time. “Stop it, look at the view!” Jinsoul laughs and gently pushes Sooyoung’s face away, tilting it to what she was wanting her to see. But the girl’s eyes spring right back to her. “Sooyoung!” Jinsoul’s laugh gets lighter as she cups Sooyoung’s face to turn it away from her, holding it in place.

But Sooyoung grabs her wrists and turns back to her, a cheeky grin starting to grow. “I am looking at the view...it’s gorgeous.” Jinsoul groans and tilts her head up to the sky, there’s a trillion stars above and Sooyoung can see them as well through the reflection in her eyes.

Jinsoul closes them though and takes a deep breath, “can you not! You are so....” Her voice sounds so weird, pitched and shaky. She doesn’t know what Sooyoung’s doing to her, it’s like some kinda spell. One that Jinsoul can’t break free from. But really she doesn’t want to, she wants to stay this clueless forever if it feels this good.

When she glances back down, the grin is gone and Sooyoung is more serious than ever, “Jinsoul, you’re so beautiful.” This must be some sick dream, Jinsoul thinks. But there’s nothing fake about the way Sooyoung’s staring at her right now. The longing in her eyes is the realest thing Jinsoul’s ever experienced.

Sooyoung’s gaze flickers down to her lips and Jinsoul makes the mistake by biting them. Because the girl in front of her squeezes her wrists, like she was trying to control herself. Jinsoul’s never wanted someone to lose control so badly.

Even when she doesn’t know what will happen if Sooyoung does.

But she knows what she wants to happen, “If you were a guy I would totally kiss you right now.” Jinsoul’s haze is broken when realizes what she just said, stupid stupid stupid what the is wrong with you?! 

Sooyoung’s gasp is just an indicator for how stupid the slip was, “What?”

Jinsoul draws back into the corner of the seat and the ride shakes into moving again, “Nothing forget I said that.” Jinsoul crosses her arms and doesn’t dare to look back at Sooyoung. Her face was bright red and her heart was in .

“No what do you mean?” Sooyoung asks with a louder voice this time, Jinsoul rolls her eyes. God why couldn’t she just forget about it? It wasn’t like it meant anything. She was just joking around but Sooyoung had to take it seriously of course. Jinsoul wishes she could get annoyed, but all she felt was guilt.

Because deep down, she knows if Sooyoung didn’t feel anything for her she’d be able to drop it. Just pass it up as one of those things that straight girls say. Jinsoul knows better though, Sooyoung can’t ignore what she just said because it’s what she wants.

Jinsoul feels really bad, because she can’t give that to Sooyoung.

“Jinsoul.”

“Jesus Sooyoung I said it meant nothing.” Jinsoul glares at the girl while shaking her head. She didn’t mean to snap at Sooyoung like that but what else could she do to get the girl to drop it. Jinsoul reassures it’s for Sooyoung’s own good, it doesn’t seem like the girl would act this desperate over something like this.

Sooyoung seems like she would have more control over her feelings, but Jinsoul just doesn’t know how strong they are.

Something falls over Sooyoung’s features, it’s pain and a bit of regret. Jinsoul’s heart is in , why the did she say that? Now she has Sooyoung hoping for something that won’t ever ever, ever happen.

The ride stops with an awkward silence and Jinsoul struggles to get off. When Sooyoung tries to help she shoves her hands away. The ride operator tries as well but Jinsoul seethes, “ugh get the off me!” Jinsoul steps down, wobbling and pushing through the line. She has to be alone right now or she’s going to explode.

She doesn’t know who she’s more mad at, Sooyoung or herself. Probably herself, because why would she let herself fall this deep. From the beginning she promised herself she wouldn’t get tangled into Sooyoung’s web of games. Now here she was dead front and center. Thinking that Sooyoung is the most amazing girl in the world.

And she is…

Get a hold of yourself Jinsoul!

Jinsoul clenches her fist and stomps through the festival, Sooyoung’s manipulative and her charm is poison, not genuine and sweet. Right? She can make herself believe that...so why doesn’t she. Jinsoul knows that’s a lie. Sooyoung’s the most thoughtful person she’s met and she’s only upset because Jinsoul’s being so stubborn.

No that’s not it, she’s probably mad that Jinsoul basically rejected her. Maybe...or maybe it’s because Sooyoung’s tired of Jinsoul teasing her. Ugh I don’t freaking know! STOP TALKING BRAIN! 

Think of Jiwoo’s story, how Sooyoung broke her heart. Jinsoul tells herself. You’re doing the right thing for not feeding into her. Not letting her play you like a fool. Jinsoul should be proud of herself, so why did it feel so wrong. Jinsoul knew that Sooyoung didn’t really have those intentions in the beginning but she doesn’t blame the older girl for developing feelings for her, the blonde knows how irresistibly hot she is. Sooyoung’s just another one that got caught up in her magical ability to make people fall for her.

In a sense, she was playing Sooyoung.

Jinsoul apparently wasn’t quick enough, because someone catches her by the elbow. Turning around she’s met with Sooyoung, scared and vulnerable. She doesn't think she’s seen Sooyoung without a mask on before. Not even when she saw her scar, there was still some sort of defense there.

“Why are you being like this? I’m just asking a question.”

Shaking the hand off Jinsoul huffs, “And I answered it!”

Sooyoung’s face scrunches up with impatience, “You call that an answer?” 

Jinsoul can’t give Sooyoung more of an explanation, she’ll have to deal. Just like she is right now. Sooyoung has to get over it, “Leave me alone Sooyoung I already told you!” 

“No you didn’t!”

“Yes I did!”

Sooyoung breaks in front of her and Jinsoul’s never regretted arguing with her until now. From what people have told her, Sooyoung’s always been a cool person, not in the kinda way, but just calm and easy to be around. But the girl in front of her right now was everything but that. “You are so goddamn confusing. From the start you have spun my head around and around and I...I-I don’t ing get you!” 

Jinsoul swallows, this must be the part where Sooyoung calls her a and leaves her in the dust like everyone else does. When she can’t give them what they want anymore, when they get tired of trying with her. It’s always the same, she always ruins it. She knows she’s always been the problem, a bit too much to deal with, but Sooyoung was nice enough to stick around. 

Too bad she thought Sooyoung would be different, would be the one that could handle her. Even when she created a mass of pressure that wouldn’t go anywhere but between them, pushing them apart. 

Sooyoung has both her hands through her hair, on the verge of pulling it. She looks fed up and Jinsoul doesn’t blame her. “One second you’re saying you want to kiss me and the next you act like you wish I didn’t exist.” Jinsoul turns the other cheek ashamed. Maybe it would be better if Sooyoung just forgot about her this time. Maybe it was becoming too much.

“I didn’t say that, I said If you were a guy I would kiss you.” Jinsoul mumbles out without thinking and she hears the gasp that Sooyoung lets out. Chewing on her lip she dares to look up, Sooyoung’s glaring at wide open. Jinsoul has to steel herself when the older girl towers over her.

She swallows hard enough to make a sound when Sooyoung looks down at her with a stare as cold as ice, enough to freeze her heart and shatter it in the process.

Her voice is just as frigid, “What ing difference does it make Jinsoul.” When she averts her gaze Sooyoung follows, leaning down to keep their eyes locked together. There’s pleading and hurt mixed in with the endless pool of black. Still, Sooyoung’s eyes are still soft as ever. “What difference does it make if I’m a guy or not?” 

Jinsoul thought Sooyoung would be a lot smoother with girls she liked. But she was almost begging Jinsoul to say something, to confirm what was between each other was more than just a friendship created from a misunderstanding. That it’s always been there, but the both of them were just too stubborn to admit it.

That this power play between them was more than just a rivalry, more than just an attraction.

But a need neither of them knew they had.

“You’re just confused about what I said.” Jinsoul tells her without the confidence, she doesn’t plan on convincing Sooyoung. Just needs her to know that there won’t be a confession any time soon.

Sooyoung looks away, jaw clenched. The older girl wipes her nose and pulls out another er from her pocket before shoving it in . Jinsoul watches her roll the candy around in , how she lets it dangle from her lips before it back in. Sooyoung’s got a bad habit of keeping a sweet tooth, she wonders if she has a bad habit of chasing women she can’t have.

~

Jinsoul was right, Sooyoung usually was...a lot more smoother with women, never has she gotten this worked up over one. She always took getting turned down well, never had a problem with it. Sometimes, she’d make a friend or just move on with a smile. But with Jinsoul it was different, Sooyoung was driven insane with how much she wanted her.

She doesn’t know why, but Jinsoul’s beginning to be a necessity.

No one’s ever made her feel like this and Sooyoung’s starting to lose control of the game she’s created, the one she made to prevent herself from always falling for a girl and getting her heartbroke. 

All because Jinsoul makes her wanna play a new one. A game where they’re both winners, but Jinsoul isn’t quite ready to play co-op. 

This girl was bad for her, but she wanted more. She wanted so much more of this. Sooyoung’s never found someone that gets her like Jinsoul does, never met someone who puts life in her hollowed out chest. It feels so right. Sooyoung feels like herself for the first time in years, the passion that she lost a long time ago is sparked back to life by this...girl who she can’t stop thinking about. Only she can’t tell Jinsoul that, because that’ll only scare her.

~

Jinsoul watches as Sooyoung runs another hand through her hair, the other being stuffed into her pocket, “No clearly you’re the one that’s confused because day one I’ve been confident about the way I feel for you, however I don’t think you really know what you want.” Sooyoung glances at her and Jinsoul feels the soul leave her body.

The blonde screams out, borderline whining, “What does that even mean Sooyoung!” Jinsoul knows exactly what it means and she should have known Sooyoung would have figured her out. Jinsoul tenses up as she shoots daggers at Sooyoung but the older girl is starting to slip on that mask again. 

“It means you've been giving me mixed signals this entire time. That you’re obsessed with me but then you try twist it around to make it seem like I’m the one with a stupid ing crush!” Jinsoul can’t help but let out a god awful noise at that. Maybe she was right about Sooyoung from the beginning.

She was an egotistical jerk who didn’t care about her feelings whatsoever. 

Jinsoul muffles a scream and doesn’t pay any mind to the people passing by, unclenching her fist she presses her palms against Sooyoung’s chest before shoving, “God you are such a ing why would I ever like you!?” Sooyoung’s stupid and arrogant and full of herself. She thinks that everyone is in love with her, Jinsoul was not one of them. “I don’t know Sooyoung. I don’t know why I said that. So stop asking me. Stop making it weird! Stop ing assuming things!” 

Sooyoung rolls her eyes, “Fine you know what you’re right I won’t make this weird, sorry for saying the truth.” 

Jinsoul blows steam as Sooyoung knocks shoulders with her, “ off.” The blonde was shaking with how angry she was, god she could rip Sooyoung’s head off. How dare she talk to her like that? 

“Obviously doing that !” She hears Sooyoung’s annoying voice behind her.

Jinsoul whips around, starting to trail after Sooyoung. The older girl was so hard to keep up with but eventually noticed that Jinsoul was still chasing after her, “Why are you following me!?” Sooyoung questions her with a warning tone but Jinsoul doesn’t pay any mind. 

“You’re not going to apologize?” Sooyoung rolls her eyes and starts to walk faster, some guy approaches Jinsoul but the blonde shoves him the opposite way. Sooyoung snorts as the guy trips and falls on his , but Jinsoul’s all eyes for the in front of her.

Once Sooyoung figures out Jinsoul’s not gonna stop following her, she turns around, “You can’t be serious right now.” 

The blonde stops one foot away from Sooyoung, it feels like an electrical current is pulsing through her body and Sooyoung’s the outlet, “I am!” 

“Maybe I will apologize once you stop being such a .” Jinsoul doesn’t expect it to hurt that much...but it does. Used to it didn’t, when Sooyoung would yell at her and say harsh things. But it feels like her heart is shattering into a thousand pieces. 

The fuse that was burning sizzles out and now Jinsoul doesn’t feel like exploding on Sooyoung anymore. She just wants a hug...but the person she wants it from is being mean to her. She tries to continue her death glare but it’s no use. Jinsoul’s so sad. The once clashing energies between them dull out and all that settles in an uncomfortable feeling. It’s not entirely awkward but it’s tense.

Sooyoung’s expression starts to fall as well, coming to terms with what was just said. Jinsoul sighs sadly and looks at the ground. “I can’t believe you just said that.” She mumbles out, embarrassed by how broken her voice sounds.

“Better start being a believer then.” Sooyoung says right back, not wanting to let go of the argument just yet. She’s still bitter from what Jinsoul said earlier. Wants the blonde to feel this torture just as much as she does.

“Ugh I can’t ing stand you sometimes.” Jinsoul heats back up just a little and goes to push Sooyoung again since she hates the way she’s looking at her. Jinsoul doesn’t want Sooyoung to care anymore, but all that she can see in her eyes is concern. Even though her words contrast that. Sooyoung cares about her so much and it’s obvious. That’s why they’re fighting in the first place.

Sooyoung grabs the blonde’s wrists on the way, holding them tightly in her hands. Not tight enough to hurt her but where she can’t get away if she wanted. Jinsoul’s tugged closer to Sooyoung and she gets an uneasy feeling in her stomach, she hates fighting with her. Hates when it’s real, and she’s the one to blame. Her stupid ing feelings, so much for following her heart. “Ohhh you can’t stand me but you’re still following me around like a lost puppy.”

Jinsoul whimpers and pouts up for real this time. Her lip quivers and her eyes water. Sooyoung rolls her eyes when she sniffles multiple times, “Don’t start that it’s not gonna work.” Jinsoul looks up at her with tears in her eyes, making tiny noises she watches as Sooyoung breaks in a different way. If Jinsoul’s sure of anything. Sooyoung hates when she cries. As tears pour out of her eyes Sooyoung groans and goes to wipe them, “stop it you’re gonna mess up your makeup.”

Jinsoul doesn’t care about her makeup, “You’re a big fat meanie Sooyoung.” She weakly bounces her fists off Soooyoung’s chest, letting her know just how hurt she was. The older girl’s features soften at the tone of her voice. Sooyoung’s eyes gloss up too but she looks away before Jinsoul can fully notice.

“You know I didn’t mean it like that.” 

“Do I really know though?” Jinsoul asks, Sooyoung was serious, she always is. Sooyoung shakes her head and lets go of her wrists, Jinsoul cries a bit harder. This isn’t what she wanted. Not for Sooyoung to let her go. 

“Whatever I’m not doing this.”

Sooyoung turns away from her and Jinsoul can only watch. The older girl slips into a tent, one that Jinsoul’s avoided all night for a reason. But now she’s stuck with a choice.

It’s a mirror maze, and Jinsoul doesn’t know what she’s more afraid of. Sooyoung or her reflection. Stomping on the ground she allows herself to have a short-lived temper tantrum. Sooyoung’s the worst, but Jinsoul still wants to be around her.

After up her tears and threatening anyone who stared at her, Jinsoul prepares to follow Sooyoung inside. She could just wait until she came out...but there was an exit. Maybe Sooyoung is really bad at mazes, no she’s a genius. Jinsoul doesn’t want to go in, however if she wants to see Sooyoung again she’ll have to.

Slowly approaching the tent she takes a deep breath and ignores the creepy man standing at the entrance. He pulls back a curtain for Jinsoul and the blonde steps inside. It’s just like all those horror movies she watches. Like Killer klowns from outer space or the fun house. 

Jinsoul begins to shake as she makes her way through the mirror, keeping her hand on the right side as she checks every corner for a face different from hers. Jinsoul doesn’t keep her eyes up however, not liking how watery her makeups become. Taking a second to relax, she fixes it in one of the many mirrors. Mad that Sooyoung made her cry...mad that she let Sooyoung make her cry.

She was better than this, shouldn’t be crying over a girl who was being mean to her. Jinsoul rolls her eyes and continues through, the deeper she gets though the quieter it gets. It’s extremely creepy, with how the lights start to dim and flicker. When she turns a corner Jinsoul goes stiff when she hears footsteps. The air is too cold for comfort, “Sooyoung?! Come on this freaks me out!”

There’s no answer but the footsteps continue. Jinsoul starts to panic, apologizing for everything she’s ever done to anyone in her head. Like when she stole Chaewon’s pudding all those times, and when she accidentally burnt a part of her elementary school down but blamed it on her friend Yujin. “Stop playing around!” Or all these times she’s lied to Sooyoung, pretending that she was straight when she was in fact, the polar opposite. 

Jinsoul was gay, she has always known she was. Sure guys did the trick, but she still would think about girls all the time, thoughts mostly innocent but not always. She fantasizes about them in class and dreams about them when she sleeps. 

Sooyoung’s just one of those girls that Jinsoul thought she could push to the hidden part of her mind, get over in a matter of time, cover it up by being a serial dater. Jinsoul doesn’t care that she’s gay it’s just...complicated. Complicated in a way where on top of growing up poor, being a little different than everyone else is sure to get her some trouble. Jinsoul wouldn’t admit she had a hard time in the past, but it certainly wasn’t easy.

It’s got her tougher skin and somehow, she’s grateful for that. 

Sooyoung’s making it hard for her to keep pretending however, because that girl wants her just as bad and Jinsoul can’t resist that temptation. 

“I’m sorry for everything, can we just forget it!” Jinsoul yells one more time. She wishes she could just forget that she’s attracted to Sooyoung. Wishes she could forget that Sooyoung’s attracted to her. So it could be normal, but when has normal ever felt right to Jinsoul?

It’s Sooyoung who feels right. 

Jinsoul stops and looks at herself in the mirror, why can’t you let it go like every other time you’ve had to. Why her, of all people, that you’ve gotten attached to. “Gah what the am I doing?!” Jinsoul moves forward but bumps her head on the mirror. Wanting to punch it she stops herself, she’s already got luck. 

Feeling around, she realizes it’s a dead end. 

She’s at a standstill with herself. Does she turn around and go back to being the girl she’s always been? Or does she stay, and peel off the layer of lies. “I was asking myself the same thing.” Jinsoul flushes pale, that wasn’t her voice, but the one she was searching for.

Looking up, her face is no longer the only one reflecting in the mirror. Sooyoung is right behind her and her head is tilted down, it’s almost predatory the way the girl’s staring at her. But Jinsoul wouldn’t mind being eaten alive. The cold air around is replaced with warmth and Jinsoul turns around in the trap of Sooyoung’s arms.

She can’t breathe with the taller girl pressed against her, Jinsoul shifts her gaze to the side where Sooyoung’s hands are flat against the glass. The blonde couldn’t get away if she tried, not like she wants to ever escape the hold Sooyoung’s got on her. One hand raises from the glass and gently grasps her chin, pulling her eyes back to Sooyoung’s. 

Sooyoung’s er from earlier hangs from . Jinsoul’s vision blurs as her eyes go hazy from staring at Sooyoung’s lips, the natural dark tint to them, the shine from the candy. Jinsoul her own involuntarily. Hoping she’d find the flavor there that she knows that’s on Sooyoung’s, “what am I doing Jinsoul? I can’t think straight when I’m around you.” 

Funny you say that.

Jinsoul tears her gaze away from plump lips to hooded eyes boring into her own now.

Because I can’t either.

She shrugs for an answer and Sooyoung lets out a shaky breath, “you drive me crazy but I don’t want it to stop.” Jinsoul lets her tongue roll over her teeth, her heart wasn’t even beating anymore. Nothing seemed real at the moment, but Jinsoul could feel everything. The tension, the heat, everything. 

“Are you just gonna stare at me or are you going to apologize?” Jinsoul watches as Sooyoung eyes flicker between her own. 

The fingers, now lowering to her jaw, twitch. The touch feels like molten lava, and at the same time, softer than silk. “Make me.” The grip becomes tighter and Jinsoul can’t believe how much she likes it. She reaches up with one of the hands that were pressed against Sooyoung’s tummy to grab the stick to the er.

Pulling it from the girl’s lips she sticks out her tongue and places the candy in her own mouth with a satisfied noise. She can feel Sooyoung tremble against her. The older girl watches with impossibly dark eyes as the blonde rolls the candy around her lips. 

Sooyoung groans, “don’t tease me Jung Jinsoul.” Her voice is so raspy Jinsoul can only smile. She doesn’t want to play around anymore. She wants the real thing. 

“Or what Ha Sooyoung.” 

Sooyoung clenches her hand around the top of and bottom of her jaw in a vice like grip. Jinsoul tilts her chin up and pulls the er out of with a pop. Sooyoung’s staring at her lips with deadly intent. Her eyes barely open and full of desire. Jinsoul smirks, knowing she’s winning whatever game they’re playing.

She’ll always be the winner.

Sooyoung doesn’t even try to hide it, “if you close your eyes you can pretend I’m a guy.” The suggestion is full of fear, so Jinsoul pulls Sooyoung closer by the waistband of her pants. 

Tilting her head to the side she starts to lean in, “I don’t wanna pretend anymore Sooyoung.” She hears a tiny gasp and she knows she’s hit the right spot in Sooyoung’s heart.

My god

She’s not sure who dives in first, all she knows is that if heaven was place on earth, it wouldn’t be a place at all. It would be a girl...it would be Ha Sooyoung.

It’s like an alarm rings off in her mind.

Yeah this is it...this is the one.

The er falls from her fingertips and cracks on the floor. Her now free hand shoots up to tangle in Sooyoung’s hair to tug her closer, making their lips press together even tighter. They’re soft and plump. Sooyoung's hair feels like silk through her fingers and her lips are like candy. It’s so perfect. Everything about this girl is so perfect.

Her heart is pounded out of her chest and her legs are shaking. Sooyoung kissing her, Ha Sooyoung was kissing her and Jinsoul was on cloud ing nine. Jinsoul insides melt to goo and if this keeps up they'll have to scrape her off the floor.

Jinsoul whines loudly when Sooyoung finally moves her lips against her own, beginning to deepen it and god it feels so good she might pass out. She just wants to fall into Sooyoung and never come back to real life, she’d live in this dream of a kiss forever if the universe allowed it. She's about to part her own lips...to see if-

Sooyoung pulls away just as fast as she leaned in. Jinsoul flutters her eyelashes back up to stare at the taller girl gasping for air like she was drowning.

Her cheeks are a deep red and her lips are smudged with Jinsoul’s lipgloss. She’d think it was cute, but all Jinsoul was thinking about was why they weren’t still kissing. Why was Sooyoung looking at her like she was a ghost? 

She’s afraid. 

Jinsoul doesn’t have her head on straight because damn was Sooyoung a good kisser...so she isn’t able to stop her from running out of the mirror maze.

The blonde is stuck there paralyzed by the best yet shortest kiss of her life. She waits for her brain to solidify to actually produce a coherent thought.

“Oh... ME!” Jinsoul screams at the top of her lungs and kicks the glass. Why did Sooyoung run away from her? That was like the most amazing thing that’s ever happened?! Jinsoul slowly looks around trying to figure out what to do. She sees the broken er on the floor and remembers the sticky sweet taste of the kiss. 

What a waste.

Jinsoul her lips, they still tingle from the heat of Sooyoung’s. There’s no remaining flavor there and Jinsoul couldn’t be more disappointed, she wants more. She couldn’t just let Sooyoung walk away from her like that.

Making her way out of the mirror maze is way easier than before. She’s found a new fear, it was losing Sooyoung. The festival is bright when she comes back out. A lot of people are gathering in open areas and Jinsoul knows what’s about to start.

The fireworks.

While Jinsoul already experienced her fireworks for the night, she’s still feeling them deep in her chest. She has to find Sooyoung before they begin or she’ll have the whole festival to push through. 

Her feet guide her mindlessly and she doesn’t realize where she’s going until she’s back in the same little alley where she first met Sooyoung tonight. 

The taller girl is facing away from her, fidgeting around on the heels of her feet. Jinsoul takes a step forward and Sooyoung whips around faster than lightning. Jinsoul frowns when Sooyoung won’t meet her gaze, “I’m sorry, you were right it was weird by trying to make something out of what you said.” 

Jinsoul was about to reach out to her but stopped herself, maybe for once she should listen to Sooyoung. “Because I wanted it to mean something and now I’ve...I've ruined it.” Sooyoung kicks the dirt beneath them, “if you hate me I understand. I mean of course you hate me, I freaking kissed you for crying out loud because I was selfish.” Sooyoung’s clearly panicking, her words come out chopped and breathless. A 180 to the girl just moments ago. The one that Jinsoul was drooling over.

How could Jinsoul ever hate her. She couldn’t believe Sooyoung would even think that. “I really want to be your friend Jinsoul and I hope we still can be and I feel so ing stupid for ing it up just because I-“

The older girl chokes up, “I’m such an idiot.” 

Sooyoung cuts herself off and Jinsoul takes a step forward, just one more she can find that sweetness she was already craving again. She knows she can find it on Sooyoung’s lips. “You have no idea what you’re doing to me.” Sooyoung meets her stare.

“I’m sorry Jinsoul.” 

Jinsoul takes the final step and she cups Sooyoung’s face with her palms. The older girl sighs in relief and leans into her. The fireworks start, the festival is prided on having one of the longest shows in the year. Jinsoul doesn’t care to watch them, only the girl in front of her.

Leaning up she whispers into the lips that she’s been searching for her whole life, “you are an idiot.” Sooyoung’s eyes widen in disbelief so Jinsoul makes sure she knows, “so shut up.” Once she starts to kiss Sooyoung again.

She doesn’t stop until the last firework explodes. 

~~~~

AHHHHH FINALLY. Well I hope the first kiss is up to everyone’s expectations, sorry if it wasn’t :( and YES Yves left the pound puppy on the Ferris wheel 

Anyways I had to update early because I work all day tomorrow! Next chapter next Friday...so I hope this one was good for you guys! Even though this chapter is borderline cringy to me

Thank you guys for reading and comment lots of love muah :D