Chapter 5 | Shimmer

Your Scent in the Rain |
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
chapter song: Nap of a star - TOMORROW X TOGETHER

There was a melodic bell ringing as she pushed the door into the Cafe.

'Scent of the Rain', what a nice name, Chen Xi thought as she entered this newfound place.

The Cafe didn't seem to have many seats, a quick glance found out that there were barely less than 20 seats.

Some two guys were already seated in a table in front of the Barista counter.

"It is open right?" She asked and met the gaze of one but quickly looked away. Even her usual soft voice sounded so loud in this near-empty space. No eye-contact with strangers, she thought as a petite and sweet-looking girl approached her. From her dress-up, Chen Xi knew that she must be the waitress.

"It is! Please take a seat here. There is no menu here but if you like coffee or anything vegan this is the place to be." The enthusiastic waitress introduced.

She sat down near the window and gave it a quick thought, "I'll just have ice americano."

"Coming right up~" the bubbly waitress replied.

Chen Xi smiled briefly not sure if the waitress even caught it. 

She was putting her earpiece away when suddenly she noticed someone approaching. Who's coming?! She looked up and was shocked to meet the gaze of the same guy earlier.

He stared at her unblinkingly for a short moment before asking, his voice was cold and even slightly... arrogant.

"Have we...met?" His unmoving gaze fixated on her.

Chen Xi leaned back at once, her back hitting the chair abruptly she almost fell backwards. She was too surprised to answer. Actually, she was too surprised by how he looked. His gaze was so intense she felt stupefied in that very instant. She was even more surprised to hear his voice which resonated in her head for a long while.

Just as she was both confused and terrified by this sudden episode, then Cafe door opened once more following the welcoming sound of bells. 

The male before her looked up. And as though a few voices at once, "Hoshi?! -Hyung? -Lord.."

Chen Xi turned around in surprise. Hoshi?! What is Hoshi doing here? I thought I just bid him goodbye? 

To more of her bewilderment, Hoshi looked equally surprised. Not at her, but at the two other males. Even the Cafe staffs were also sho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter