Chapter 22 | Hyung

Your Scent in the Rain |
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter Song: All About You - Taeyeon

The day had come for the trip and the two brothers, Minghao and Jun came early, too early, to fetch Chen Xi.

Hoshi excused himself from this trip, giving some excuse of having a campus party with some of his friends, but Jun knew this younger brother could no longer bear the sight of Chen Xi with someone else. Even if that someone else was, unfortunately, also one of his brothers. 

Chen Xi's hometown wasn't far, just half a day's bus ride or a few hours drive but she was also the one to suggest taking off in the morning so that they could arrive in time for lunch. She thought it would be nice to eat lunch with her grandmother first. 

This was also why the two of them were all silently, patiently waiting for Chen Xi to appear from the lift lobby at 6:50AM. They looked like grooms waiting for their brides; it was a whole different level of nervousness.

The only difference was how their appearance was quite a pleasant surprise and almost caused quite a stir in the neighbourhood. Some young girls and boys even popped their heads out of their balconies or windows just to catch a glimpse of such them. It wasn't a common sight to see two mannequin-like tall, dashing young men on a one-way neighbourhood road, just rooted there, waiting for a mysterious someone for almost close to half an hour. They were curious as to what kind of god could make two other gods wait for this long.

"They look like actors. Who do you think they're waiting for?" Some passerby asked her husband. The older man beside her shrugged, "do you think a celebrity could be living in our neighbourhood? This little apartment complex?" "Who knows..."

Even though they don't intend to speak to each other, but they both had quite a bit on their minds...

 

Minghao had told Jun what happened that night. About how the uncomfortable throbbing from his wound was almost unnoticeable. About how she stayed in his arms for a significantly long time and yet she remained fine. She'd never fainted again. Even when they walked home together, hand in hand, side by side. 

Jun's focus, however, fell on the fact that this brother seemed almost like a whole new person. It was like the two extreme personalities had now merged together and formed a new one. 

"I know you like her, but you've heard Yue Lao-"

"Then I give up being a celestial," Minghao interrupted him and Jun got worked up at once.

"Do you even know what that means? Hao ah, are you hearing yourself? Don't forget, there's a coronation waiting for you. Specifically and personally bestowed upon YOU by the Jade Emperor."

Jun didn't mean to raise his voice at this little brother but he had no choice. In that instant, it was like someone had hit him with a hammer. He came to his senses at once. Ever since hearing Yue Lao's miserable and heartbreaking story, a thought had slowly formed at the back of his mind. Due to his negligence years ago, he indirectly caused Minghao's injury. It would have easily been resolved yet now it had come to a point of almost irreversible. What had he been doing? First allowing his brother to hang out in the mortal world. Caused his brother to lose a precious horn. Accidentally had his red thread tied to a mortal? Then now, he had almost forgotten what they were here for! What had he been doing?! Allowing his little brother to get so close to a mere mortal?

Then, he turned and felt another huge slam on the back of his head. Jun looked at this 1

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter