Chapter 4 | Weirdo

Your Scent in the Rain |
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
chapter song: Some - Bolbbalgan4

Chen Xi left class early, she had already studied the online lecture for today's lesson. There was no need for students to attend every class in university because of the timely uploads of online lectures, but she came anyway because she doesn't want to be home alone. She never liked to be home anyway.

This course she took, did not need good grades, as long as she passes her exams, she could graduate.

On her way out of her faculty building, she took a glance at the open house banner for Marine Biologist Degree and what hit her like always, was a wave of disappointment followed by a quick punch of reality.

Since young, she had an attraction to marine life, she often read up on them and visited the aquarium. But there were a few things that she lacked; good grades and also the ability to swim.

For some reasons, she was never able to learn how to swim, this was something also evident in her mother and her grandmother. She did not fear water though, it was just extremely uncoordinated limbs and lung capacity when water pressure was involved. Running takes no toll on her lungs that said. Something about their genes, her family told her. 

She quickened her pace when she caught some students looking at her again. 

Who wouldn't? She wore a black hoodie with the hoodie cap over her head, her long hair covered her face as she walked focusing mainly on the ground or her black sneakers. She had always been like this, with a strong desire to fade into the background but somehow attracted even more attention due to her weird attempt at introversion.

Just when she thought she was almost out of school, she bumped her head right into someone. 

"Ack!" She exclaimed, softly under her breath but she knew who it was already. 

"Xi xi~" the guy she bumped into called teasingly and she looked up giving him a good hard glare, which he had conveniently ignored.

"Where are you heading to?" He asked her with a smile, tilting his he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter