Chapter 21 | Piercing

Your Scent in the Rain |
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"She will never fall in love with me, again," there was a sad smile on Yue Lao's face, the last word lingered on the tip of his tongue like a piercing pain, just that he could no longer felt the pain, but only the numbness of the bitter after taste that came along with it. 

Minghao's hands trembled after hearing Yue Lao's story. Jun noticed. 

"Sword of Severence..." Minghao felt his blood running cold at the sound of his voice. He understood every word the elder had said. He knew that celestials should never fall in love with a mortal. He knew all these.

Yet, knowing that forcefully removing his horn from her body would kill her and if he continued to be around her it would also kill her, he was at a loss.

"Right now, it would be best to keep a distance from her, as your presence along will activate the powers of the horn and in turn, it will still be deadly to this mere mortal." Yue Lao added.

"Why?" 

Everyone froze at the voice. 

"Chen Xi?" Minghao's voice was that a whisper but Chen Xi seemed to have heard it. She met his gaze at once.

"Xi Xi ah why are you up? How are you feeling?" Hoshi was the first to spring off the couch to her direction. 

"I'm fine." Chen Xi nodded weakly, but she still felt lethargic. It felt like she ran a 10km marathon and then walked another 5km home. She was just holding onto the wall for support. 

That was not all, what was dumbfounding was the entire conversation she heard between this so-called Yue Lao and the rest of them. Celestials? Deity? Sword?

Were they discussing some new martial arts genre drama? What horn? Inside her?

So many questions and she was just staring at Minghao with eyes that asked for answers. 

At that moment, however, he looked away.

She wasn't sure why but she felt a part of her broke at that reaction of his.

"Someone explain?" She asked looking at Hoshi. You're my best friend, you should tell me the truth.

At least that was what her pleading eyes said. 

Hoshi helped her to the couch and took a deep breath after meeting the eyes of Jun and Yue Lao. In terms of seniority here, he felt that he should at least get the approval from Yue Lao before s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter