Chapter 14 | Memory

Your Scent in the Rain |
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER SONG: MY BEAUTY - VERIVERY

Jun looked at Minghao worriedly, the frown on his forehead remained even when he was unconscious. 

"He's burning up," Hoshi added with a deep frown too. 

Reason being, celestials would never fall sick, let alone getting a fever. This was uncommon and meant that this was bad. 

Jun ran his palm over Minghao's chest and clenched his fist abruptly. The energy on his hand dispersed like mist into thin air. 

The 4th had his fist clenched so tightly the whites in his knuckles were showing. 

"What's wrong?" Hoshi asked. 

"His powers.." Jun began, the shocked expression never left his face, "it's unstable." 

"Does that mean his lost horn is nearby?!" Hoshi exclaimed but couldn't form a smile. The two brothers were too worried. 

"I don't know, but look," Jun pointed at Minghao's forehead and the two brothers exchanged a look of puzzlement; The spot where his horn should be was pulsing in holographic hues. 

 

+ + + + +

 

Minghao was standing on the ground. Or was it not? 

His surroundings white, misty, bright. He looked around, he wasn't even sure if he was stepping on any ground, he seemed to be on clouds. 

There was an odd sensation on his forehead like he could feel the circulating air on his... horns?!

He tried to touch them. Both of them, on his forehead, intact. Like it never disappeared. 

He heaved a sigh of relief naturally. 

Suddenly, with a short sharp pain, he covered his forehead in pain. The left one had disappeared, only the right remained. He looked at his hands, blood, a lot of blood from his injury, the blood dripped from his palms, staining the ground with droplets of red. 

He felt a presence and looked up. 

A young girl stood before him. She look around sixteen? A feeling of familiarity hit him suddenly. He realised he knew her.

The girl wore a worn-out grey hanbok, and the straw shoes on her feet already had holes. 

Then she passed him a pebble. He could feel the cold surface of that stone against his skin. It gave him goosebumps but he was smiling back. But no matter how much he squinted, he couldn't make out her face. He couldn't see her face, as if a camera out of focus. 

Then something fell. 

Little droplets fell from her chin. 

Is she crying? His heart wrenched at the sight even when he couldn't see her face clearly.

He stood up, he realised he was half a head taller than her. He wanted to reach out, to wipe those tears, but he couldn't even make out where her eyes were. 

Suddenly, she was falling backwards, as though dragged away by the arms. She kicked in fe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter