Chapter 20 | Fate

Your Scent in the Rain |
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The brothers were paying full attention as Yue Lao explained like their teacher. Minghao's head throbbed as he slowly, recalled things that he supposedly forgot, could it also be being near his other horn?

Yue Lao noticed though, after all, what he was saying was all part of this dragon's memory.

"Technically speaking, the person to save her should be her childhood friend-"

"That boy," Minghao's voice was almost a whisper. He knew he was the jealous bastard who'd pushed her off the rising tide and waves. He made a mental note to find out where he has reincarnated to. 

'Yes, that boy. Unfortunately, I have mistaken you as for him and accidentally tied the tread on you, or should I say, the red thread had mistaken you. Sigh, and I thought I had everything under control, I had thought that it was my mistake for tripping over my own feet after a drinking session with the God of Study."

Drinking session? You tie people's marriage fates while drunk?! - Those were what Hoshi wanted to say but of course, he didn't utter a single word. 

Minghao remained quiet. Awful quiet, as if he'd also stopped breathing. 

He could clearly remember Yue Er. 

He almost laughed as he recalled those feelings and a suffocating feeling in his chest. Yue Lao's voice resounded in the living room like a distant voice.

He closed his eyes and he could see the conch he gifted her. The conch he'd brought from his Palace, if she talked to it, he could hear her voice.

He remembered those easily peaceful moments he'd spent with her, a mere mortal and he'd thought of her as a real friend. Even a naive selfish thought of bringing her back to his father.

A bitter smile hung from his pale face.

"The red thread?" Hoshi muttered but Yue Lao heard him. 

The thousand years old male replied him calmly with a smirk, "Even though I control the threads, but they are also threads with powers of their own, to chase after each their own ends."

A thought came to Hoshi as he wondered if the red thread could ever be untied.

Minghao seemed to understand something. 

Was meeting her again in the Mortal world all the works of their red thread?

Five years of unconsciousness to him, centuries in the Human Realm. Yue Er reincarnated to become Chen Xi. She was her, but not anymore. She had her face but not her memories.

And He was also not the same...him. 

Me and you. A second life. He thought. 

Yue Lao looked at the young men and continued, "usually red threads are tied base on the fates of mortals no matter their remaining lifespans, while celestials, diety, gods may live for a very long time, our red threads were never meant for mortals. Yet, the unbelievab

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter