Chapter 9 | Scent

Your Scent in the Rain |
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER SONG: FIND YOU - MONSTA X
(Included in Your Scent in the Rain Spotify Playlist Here)

 

Chen Xi was looking at him. She was looking into his eyes and felt how serious he was about what he just said. 

Minghao said it like it was nothing, he wasn't implying anything. He was purely, merely, just interested. He wanted to know why he felt this way. He wanted to know why out of so many other human girls out there, he was simply just interested in her. 

However, to Chen Xi, it sounded like something else. She was totally stupefied by what seemed like a romantic confession.

The voice of Mr Lee sounded distant in her ears, the sound of his voice still resounded in her head like a broken recorder, constantly repeating the same words - "interested in you". 

She then did what Minghao least expected.

Instead of answering, she turned back to her books and snapped it shut. 

She was packing her bag now, even taking our her earpiece and stuffing them in her ears like she wished they would be there forever. She pulled the hoodie over her head again, burying them as low as possible, her long hair on the sides seemed like curtains to shut out the world. She stood up, climbed over the chair to the back row, and walked off, with her head still low. She knew her hands were shaking. She also knew the entire auditorium probably had their eyes on her walking out through the back door. She did not even turn back to check if Minghao would be following. 

Her instincts told her to walk, and once out of the door, she was running. 

She had officially thought of him like a crazy stalker. He had followed her here. She had no idea what he actually wants but her mind was racing with weird random even crazy thoughts. 

Certain flashbacks began appearing in her mind like jumbled movie scenes. She was close to hyperventilating. She ran, she ran and ran to the closest building, and started climbing the stairs up. Within minutes, she was panting so hard mostly from her hyperventilating, she arrived at the rooftop.

She collapsed finally at a corner, her back against the wall behind the janitor's storeroom. She closed her eyes and tears fell uncontrollably. She didn't want to close her eyes, because the moment she did, she regretted it ... ...

 

She was in the dark alone. She could hear the television outside the room. The room smelled like stale food and alcohol. She cowered in a corner too terrified to move. She was only 16 years old. She shivered and trembled terribly when she heard the boys' laughter from outside. 

Chen Xi wasn't always the introverted girl. She was bright and cheerful. She was the Ulzzang of her all girl's high school. Boys from the co-ed school next door would always drop by to take a look at her. She was also confident and never shy to say hi. She thought her life would be like this, talking about idols and blind dates. She was young and naive. 

The three boys outside were the boys from a blind date set up by one of her friends. The last thing she remembered was them

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter