Chapter 8 | Lukewarm

Your Scent in the Rain |
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER SONG: FEELING - APRIL

The lecture theatre today was more crowded than usual. Even the usual cliques seemed bigger than normal. Chen Xi almost got a culture shock when she walked into the packed auditorium. She scanned the crowd and the seats quickly and was a little frustrated and anxious when she noticed that even her usual back row seats were occupied. 

She never remembered this module to be this popular before. The 'Building Diagnostics' module was taught by Mr Lee who kind of was the most boring lecturer in the entire course. This amount of students made her wonder if they had a change of lecturer. 

Moving quickly past the crowd, she found a corner empty seat at the second last row. Even though it wasn't her usual seat but it was after all still a hidden corner seat. A plus point would be how Mr Lee might never notice her with these people here.

The moment she sat down, she regretted it. She was seated behind three girls who were talking really loudly. She didn't recognise them to be in her course and she could hear them through her noise-cancelling earpiece, so loud she turned up the volume on her phone.

Chen Xi took a look at her watch - 0930. Mr Lee who always arrived 10 minutes before the start of class was late.

At the thought of that, Mr Lee walked in from the side door with his little luggage bag. Chen Xi could tell he was also surprised by the number of students he had for this lesson. She removed her earpiece and noticed that the auditorium had quiet down at once. 

He set up his microphone swiftly and cleared his throat, "anyone who does not belong here, please leave right now. Otherwise, I'm going to start calling attendance."

Chen Xi smirked at the softs whines of the leaving bunch. The three girls at the row in front were totally bummed, "I heard he didn't even care if people attend his class or not? Why is he like this today?" 

It wasn't long before the lecture hall was back to its usual emptiness. 

Mr Lee smiled and spoke into his mic again, "so today we welcome a new student, didn't know what he was so popular huh." 

The male student walked in indifferently as if he had no clue what the previous commotion was about. Or he couldn't care less. 

Chen Xi almost choked on her own breath. 

Minghao stood a few feet away from Mr Lee and bowed at the rest of the students before leaving to find a seat. He looked right in her direction and he was walking towards her. 

Mr Lee had already begun the lecture despite the little gasps from his female students. 

Chen Xi turn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter