Chapter 12 | Reassurance

Your Scent in the Rain |
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER SONG: SWEETEST THING (INSTRUMENTAL) - SEVENTEEN

 

"The dress looks good on you," Minghao said all of a sudden, much to everybody's surprise. 

Chen Xi met his gaze momentarily and looked away quickly, "thanks.." she replied softly but he heard it loud and clear. 

He picked up the ginger tea that had cooled down to just the right temperature with the help of the melted ice cube and handed it to her. 

Chen Xi took it with her slightly trembling hands but Minghao had misunderstood it to her feeling cold.

"Are you cold?" He asked with a concerned expression, it was as if his brothers were totally invisible in his eyes. 

Slightly taken aback by his advances, she shook her head so quickly she almost spilt the tea. Minghao reached out to stable her hand and she froze when their hands touched.

Just one touch and it sent a fluttering jolt of electricity down her stomach. Her heart was so red Minghao thought she was burning up and made it all worse when he placed the back of his hand lightly over her forehead. 

Hoshi cleared his throat and pulled his hand off of her, shooting him a smile coupled with a glare. 

Jun laughed when Minghao looked annoyed.

"She is embarrassed that's why her face is so red. Are you trying to stop her heart?" Jun leaned in to tell the clueless little brother in his lowest voice. 

Minghao made an 'Ah' sound like he'd learned something new and apologised just like a gentleman. Then he was back to his cold, chic poker face like nothing happened. 

Chen Xi was sure she would've dropped the tea if he'd shown her just a little bit more of his gentleness. But she also couldn't understand if he was being sincerely concerned or he was just so good a 'player' because his expression comes and go so quickly just like the rain earlier. 

She took a sip of the tea and was surprised that it was just the right temperature and took another sip. In the corner of Jun's eyes, someone looked rather contented. 

"So you all, you're brothers, right? Siblings?" She asked when the awkward silence was killing her inside out. 

Jun nodded. 

"We were from the same orphanage and knew each other since young. They're just like my real brothers." Hoshi explained very naturally just like they had discussed. 

Chen Xi fell silent, she didn't know that Hoshi was an orphan, and that all three of them were... she felt even more apologetic towards Minghao and how she'd treated her. She was even sympathetic now. She couldn't even understand herself now. How did it turn out this way? She barely knew them, but somehow they manage to make her feel... assured? Nobody had just treated her like this, other than Hoshi, who came off a little too strongly at the beginning that made her more uncomfortable.

She thought she probably felt this way because they were his brothers. After all, Hoshi had been a good patient friend all these years. To think that his brothers were even more good looking, of c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter