Chapter 17 | Fallen

Your Scent in the Rain |
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter Song: Shining Stars - PlayJ (from My Holo love)

Yue Lao stared at the red threads before him and sighed. He glanced over at the two moving portraits of Minghao and Chen Xi.

He couldn't help but sigh. He knew this was no mistake. He'd never made any mistakes, never... except that one time. 

A long time ago, something similar had happened before. It had happened to him when he was taking over this role as the God of Matchmaker. He was chosen from the many many passing souls for having the purest and cleanest colour. A selection that happened once in who-knew-how-many years for a diety's lifespan was long.

Since then, he had forgotten, however, his life as a mortal as soon as his new role was decided. 

Then, a careless trip to the mortal world became a memory he could never forget. 

His job was neither difficult nor easy. At one glance at a mortal, he could see the invisible red thread tied around their ring finger; the finger with a vein connected directly to one's heart. One could have many red threads, but only one main thread he had to take charge of. Time to time, he would listen to the Mortals wishes as they prayed for great love luck. He would then find the best match for them. Sometimes the red threads would snap, but it wasn't anything he hadn't expect. Some threads he tied were weak but he still tried, hoping for the best outcome. If it snaps, he could tie it again. Everything was fated from the start.

His gaze moved to a burnt thread he'd carefully preserved in a glass droplet. He frowned slightly at the sight of the burnt end; for it was the end he'd personally set on fire. 

 

++++

 

The three brothers stood before the largest full-length mirror they could find in the apartment. 

Somehow, the largest one had to be the floor to ceiling mirror in the toilet. 

The brothers stood in a straight line and Jun did his "magic"; a deep breath, a wave of hands and then a simple easy snap of his finger. 

An image formed on the mirror, shiny silver armour, long sharp spear by his side with hair in the shade of platinum grey. Their 2nd brother was looking back at them with a puzzled expression. 

"Jeonghan Hyung," Jun called, followed by the two others. 

"What is it? You never called me," Jeonghan looked past them, the background looked odd, "are you guys all gathered in the Human Realm?" 

"Ha...no wonder you've gotten yourself the Second in Command of the Heavenly Guards position. Nothing escapes your eyes." Hoshi spoke, oddly, this brother had the power to make him behave himself.

"Hyung," surprising everyone, Minghao was the one who jumped right into the topic. "Could you get us an audience with Yue Lao?" 

Jeonghan's eyes widened in surprise.

"Yue Lao? Who's getting engaged now?"

Jun shook his head, "no one, there's just some-"

"We located my missing horn Hyung," Minghao butted in taking Jeonghan to even greater surprise, the latter's expression soon changed to that of elation. 

"Isn't that great? Have you informed Father yet?" the olde

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter