Chapter 16 | Red Thread

Your Scent in the Rain |
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER SONG: 끝나지 않을 이야기 (Neverending Story) - STRAY KIDS

"This harvest is pretty good." The Jade Emperor took a bite off a fresh peach. It was so fresh the aroma filled the entire hall. 

Before him, stood the High Priest of the Skies, hovering right above him was a ring of mist and clouds. The image reflected on the mist-like clouds like an unfocused camera. 

"Shall I bring you some more?" The Emperess asked with a smile so warm after all she was the one in charge of the celestial fruits. The Emperor shook his head and directed her at the "screen". That one finger-point focused the image at once.

"Oh, so they've finally met." The Emperess said with a smile, a smile that meant a thousand words.

The Emperor nodded and turned towards the High Priest. 

At this moment, someone else walked in, he was at least 6 foot 3 and wore a long white robe and clothes with hints of pink at the helms, collar and sleeves. A bright red waist tie held his inner clothes in place.

He bowed at the Emperor and Emperess with a smile and shot a childish winked at the High Priest.

The High Priest sigh whenever he saw this deity. He has got to be the one with the best looks in the entire celestial skies but his nature was that of a witty and playful young adult. And he just had to be the God of Matchmaking (Yue Lao). 

The Emperor asked without raising an eyebrow, "What do you say?" 

The Yue Lao let out a laugh, "The red thread that I tied to their fingers will allow them to meet. Once tied, there's no way, not even I can cut it. Emperor, you should know that."

The Emperor sighed while the Emperess smiled at the reply.

"How would I have known, that I merely wanted to tie the other end of her string to the other boy and instead this little dragon popped out of nowhere and I simply lost my footing..."

"Excuses." The High Priest shot him an unapproving look. 

"My my High Priest, of my millions of experiences, I have never once made a mistake. But, I wouldn't see this as a mistake too. Everything happens for a reason and maybe they are meant to meet even beyond the control of the Skies." Yue Lao reasoned and the hall fell silent. 

It was the Emperess who broke this silence with her whimsical hearty laughter, "he's right, but there's only but one way..." her voice trailed off and it was silent again in the Sky Palace. 

------

 

Jun wiped the beads of sweat off Chen Xi's forehead carefully as Minghao tucked her into bed. As they've wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter