Chapter 24 | Warm

Your Scent in the Rain |
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER SONG: SMILE FLOWER - SEVENTEEN

Chen Xi didn't know how she fell asleep and for how long. When she opened her eyes, someone whispered softly into her ears, "did you dream of me?"

Startled, she jolted upright at once, her face reddened in one instant after realizing that she fell asleep on Minghao's shoulders. And not just for a while, but for the entire ride! 

A smile spread across Minghao's face as he looked at her adoringly. 

Wide awake, Chen Xi noticed that Jun was not in the driver's seat and they had pulled over near a vast green field. She recognised this field, it was the one right in front of her grandmother's house in the distance. 

Minghao got out of the car after her and explained, “we've arrived about half an hour ago, but I just wanted you to have a bit more sleep."

Chen Xi smiled, and her heart was warm. 

The truth was, despite having a little warm and cosy countryside house in a town with such a serene and beautiful view, Chen Xi didn't like it here. Her grandfather passed away young due to a sudden heart attack. Her father too was almost never home due to work and eventually, he stopped coming home. She didn't understand when she was young but as she grew older, she understood the reason why. 

Her father had left them. Left them here by the countryside. Left them here with such a beautiful view but left her deprived of a father's love.

As the sole breadwinner, her mother had to move to town to work and she was left here, with her grandmother. Even though she loved her grandmother very much the house still felt empty somehow and her grandmother knew. 

Then, her mother came back and brought her into town just so that she could attend a better high school, but who knew.

Though

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter