025

DARLING

Xx

 

X’s in every morning and O’s all night—all these love terms may sound cringey for some but for those who madly in love, this was their poem in expressing their affection towards each other. They were right about that not all understand how lucky it is to feel loved by someone who truly care for you, it was beyond magical that can only be feel on the right time, with a right person.

 

Call her exaggerating but she does feels all the butterflies in her stomach and her mind wonders around smiling like a teenage girl who had her first boyfriend in her life; the analogy may be different but yes, she does feels like cupid hit her again as she is in love again with the same person—Byun Baekhyun. Byun freaking Baekhyun who stole her heart and make her the luckiest girl in this world.

 

Dahee has been in a good mood lately which affecting her in positive way on her job somehow. She glad that their biggest arguments is over, and they made up which made their love stronger. Just thinking about it made her shake her head in dismiss, hoping the best so that it will never happen again. She can’t imagine had to handle their relationship problems while juggling with the uncertainty of her future career.

 

Glad that it all sorted out, Dahee is doing good with the works at the company too. After few days resting at home after being hospitalized, coming to work with a fresh mind and new start is so much better. All her pending tasks is complete one by one and she can organize her work according to the need in a better way.

 

Last day of the week before weekend, she quickly complete all the tasks given by team before making her way back home. It was a bit late as usual too today, but this time she relieved that she would not face an angry boyfriend at home. Baekhyun had come clear to her during their argument that he will be more understanding instead and support her truly for her career.

 

Reaching home when the clock strikes 9.30pm, Dahee weakly enter their apartment. “Hey baby. How is your work?” Baekhyun approaching her on the door, greeting her with kisses on her face as soon as she closed the door behind. Apparently he had been home earlier today.

 

Dahee giggles, feeling ticklish on the sudden kisses attack. “Tiring, but today is Friday and nothing better than receiving dosses of kisses from my boyfriend. Have you eaten, Baekhyun?”

 

“Not yet, I plan to order some. What do you want for dinner? Will fried chicken will be fine?” He asked while pickup his phone to start ordering.

 

“Spicy one for me, please baby” She requested.

 

Baekhyun nodded at her request before placing his hand on her waist, signalling his girlfriend to freshen up herself. “I will take care of that now let’s get you clean up, Dahee. You will need a relaxing bath after a long week”

 

“Oh God, Baekhyun. What you are up to?” She furrowed her eyebrows suspiciously on her boyfriend acts.

 

Dating a romantic man was not on her list initially. From starting she just was captivated by Baekhyun good looks before anything else and as selfish as it sound but that was the reality. Baekhyun had many times that it was her love at first sight, but Dahee will never admit it. At least not in front of him which can boost up his ego even more.

 

But then as she get to know Baekhyun more into their relationship, she was falling into his romantic side which she never feel with anyone else before. She just want a handsome uni heartthrob to be her boyfriend, but she never know that she will get someone that will prepare a warm bath when she arrived home, with scented candles lit up around the bedroom. Pampered her like a queen she is.

 

“Which one do you prefer? Vanilla or lavender? Or a little bit of both?” Baekhyun asked as he hold her favourites bath bombs on his hand. Dahee just finished her routine on the bathroom counter, ready to take a relaxing bubbles bath that he offered.

 

Dahee still speechless on his thoughtful act, nevertheless she answered, “Something that can make me relax please, Baekhyun” She spoke politely, feeling grateful.

 

“Lavender then it is. I heard that it is good as aromatherapy” Baekhyun then hold her hand to guide her into the bathtub while he stayed outside playing with bubbles that formed around. “Is this warm enough for you darling?”

 

“This would be fine for me. You know,” She shyly ask, “Doesn’t it better if you join me, Baek? This is not the first time we showered together”

 

Baekhyun just laugh at her not so subtle question while shaking his head. “As much as it is attempting me to join you, I have to wait for the food delivery right, baby? I don’t think we will able to eat dinner if I join you” He finished it with a smirk across his face.

 

“Baekhyun! I did not mean any dirty thoughts! Shut up you ert!” She said while smacking his chest playfully.

 

It does bring a good time for Baekhyun to tease his girlfriend. “Chill baby, I’m joking. Just take your time to relax and go out whenever you feel too. I will wait outside”

 

He pecked on her forehead before getting up on the kneeling position. “Do you want me to play any romantic movies for you or any other movies you prefer?”

 

“Can you play Friends series for me? I need something not to heavy so that I would not fall asleep though” Dahee smiles widen when Baekhyun choose her requested series on Netflix to play on the tab while making his way out of the bathroom. Not to forget to compliment him, she call his name again, “Thanks Baekhyun. You are the best”

 

never feels tired to compliments him, show her gratitude of his kindness, his thoughtful acts and everything he had done for her. Baekhyun is a consistent person in maintaining the same way to treat her, well, he always tops on his game. Dahee swear that if there is a need to tell the world how great her boyfriend is; she will gladly do is.

 

How can she not? Even tonight, after she came out from a long relaxing bath (she need to praise Baekhyun for his patience for this one because she does took a lot of the time) she can see can see that her boyfriend already layout a comfy pyjamas on the bed which most likely his favourite one, prepared all the foods into the plate and being the most chill boyfriend ever waiting for her arrival on the couch.

 

They had a good dinner. Chickens was delicious as always as they talked to each other about their days and whatever happened around them. Taking each other stories into their interest before cleaning up everything together in pair before the they went for a bed. Baekhyun being extremely attached to her tonight that he literally clinging to Dahee body after dinner anticipate for their cuddling session.  

 

“Sleepy, darling? Do you want to go sleep now?” He asked as his hand rubbing the back of her hand affectionately as they watch the television.

 

Dahee shakes her head in dismiss, not really sleepy. “No, but can we go to bed early? Cuddling with you sounds good, can we babe?”

 

“Perfect plan, Dahee. Come on” Baekhyun quickly lead her to the bedroom upon her interesting idea. Baekhyun had no funny ideas tonight apart of want to sleep into her arms which he think the comfiest positions ever. “Do you want to wear my hoodie too?”

 

Her eyes widen in excitement immediately for his offer. Baekhyun had no idea of his girlfriend wearing his clothes, in fact she had his permission to go through his wardrobe at any time. Leading his girlfriend into the hoodie section, he patiently wait for Dahee to choose her favourite one. But he knew, at the end of it she will take the specific one. “It always the same black hoodie one, is it?”

 

“Of course, I had major crush seeing you wear this during uni time back then. It always my favourite” She confessed.

 

They don’t know how long they have been in bed doing nothing but just talking to each other, reminiscing their old good times at uni, their memories along three years into relationship. It could bore them talking about the same thing all over again but surprising they wasn’t. Tonight, Baekhyun want to be a small spoon and listen how Dahee recall back their stories while still being students.

 

It was fun experience she must say. Juggling her luck on the line chasing for her senior, getting rejected before eventually proposed by her only crush back, it is wonderful. Baekhyun, his reaction will always the same. Saying that how lucky it is that she eventually give him the second chance and how healthy their relationship is that they can maintain it for years after uni. He even managed to ask her if she could be his Valentines on the next day, which he always did every year.

 

While they are into the conversation once a while, as he is caressing his hand on her skin under his hoodie that she wore, Baekhyun will place comforting kiss to check if Dahee is okay. He know that being an intern can be stressful, so he wanted to make her feel better while at home. He still feeling guilty when he betitled her work during their last arguments.

 

“Do you feel better baby?” He asked with concern as he placed kiss her palm while snuggling further into her. Dahee nodded at his question, totally feeling more relaxed and stress-free with her boyfriend helps.

 

“You smells so nice, Dahee” Baekhyun said in between kisses on her neck.

 

Dahee chuckles while letting her hand into Baekhyun fluffy hair, “Do I? I used my new body lotion tonight. Do you like it, Baekhyun?”

 

“I loved it” He hummed. His eyes is closed to due to relaxing feeling from her touch. “And I love you”

 

Baekhyun sudden cheesy confession caught her off guards. Dahee lifted her sleepy boyfriend face while pecking his lips. He is being exceptionally sweet tonight and she will not complaint a bit. “And I love you too, darling”

 

 

Waking up to birds chipping sound and sun ray through the windows, Dahee smiles while her eyes still closing, ready to have a good Saturday ahead. Her eyes slowly open, adjusting to light and her hand wonder on the other side of the bed only to find that the space that her boyfriend once occupied is now empty. The reality hit her immediately—what time is it now?

 

Quickly grabbing her phone on the night stand she saw that it is only 9am in the morning; she was not late or wake up too early but Baekhyun sudden missing make her mind goes blank. Not to care that much, she just stayed on the bed looking out of the windows, procrastinating as usual. Dahee was so sure that Baekhyun may have been somewhere around the park to jogging or play any sport. Unlike her, Baekhyun is such an active person in the morning.

 

15 minutes later after freshen herself only then she came out of her bedroom. She peek out around the apartment and she smells something good brewing from the kitchen. Dahee smiles when she smells the familiar ground coffee aroma and immediately make her way to the kitchen area after she spotted her boyfriend preparing breakfast. She is in a good mood today that she had a good sleep last night.

 

“A very good morning to my handsome boyfriend, Byun Baekhyun!” Dahee cheered loudly in the morning making Baekhyun laughing from kitchen. Really, his girlfriend never change from the being the bubbly and loud girl that he used to have crush with back in uni days.

 

“Good morning, cheeky girl. You so are loud in the morning huh?” He pecked her for morning kiss before turning around to flip the pancake on the pan.

 

Dahee pinched him playfully making Baekhyun hiss. “Get used to it, Baekhyun. I told you that you may get to experience this for your whole life. What are you making, anyway? Faster, faster! I’m hungry” She whined.

 

“Yah stop shouting near my ears!” Baekhyun complained, raising up the spatula to warn her, “Behave!”

 

She faked an expression for his threats, “Wow, I’m scared”

 

“Don’t tempt me, baby. Don’t make me chop you into pieces and make you my dishes instead” Baekhyun play along.

 

“You won’t baby, because you are at cooking other than breakfast” She blow out raspberry as respond and secure her grip on his waist. “Oh!” Dahee gasped, “You bought strawberries?” She squeals like a kid, snatching the pack on the counter.

 

Switching the stove off while putting the pancakes on the plate, Baekhyun rolls his eyes, so used for her reaction. “Not even thank you, fine” He whispered to himself, not knowing that she had heard him while he walking to the dining area.

 

He glances at her washing the strawberries and continue to occupy himself by replying to few unread messages on his phone as he sits on the chair opposite of the dining table. After a while, Dahee pour the plump, washed strawberries into a ceramic bowl. She is smiling widely feeling satisfied with the freshness of her favourite fruit.

 

She then take a seat next to him, grinning again once she see Baekhyun impressed expression when he noticed how nicely she cut it and present it on a cute matching pink bowl (Dahee was in charge of the kitchen utensils which resulting a lots of pink coloured kitchenware for them). Want to be goofy around her boyfriend, Dahee then take another bold action by grabbing a strawberry and place it between his parted lips.

 

But too bad he does not acknowledge it as Baekhyun keep his eyes still on the device. “How was it?” Dahee attempt to get his attention but he only furrows his eyebrows together, totally ignored in the process.

 

Not feeling satisfied of her attempt, she huff and walking around until she is right behind him. “Babe” She poked his side.

 

“Baekhyun” She called out again in a high-pitched voice, annoyed him. To her surprise, Baekhyun suddenly turns around to face her with half of uneaten strawberry hanging out in between his lips.

 

“Yes, Dahee what do you want—” Baekhyun was about to questioned what she want but cut off when she is pressing her lips on him, grasping on the half of the strawberry with her own mouth. She can see that he was gripping into the table to balance himself from the corner of her eyes.

 

His hand slowly snake around her waist pulling her closer as she eventually fall on his lap while still seated on the same chair, he smiles through the sudden kiss. It was all sudden but the sweet taste of strawberry swirling around both of their togues feeling heavenly. It was so quick that Baekhyun did not even noticed that she had took over the strawberry just like that.

 

“You sneaky woman. All that just to steal my strawberry?” He said while pouting.

 

She just giggles at him at his confused state. “Happy Valentines, baby” Dahee quickly wish him before attempting herself to run away from his laps, only for Baekhyun to secure his hold and place her another kiss, one without strawberry.

 

“Another one, please baby” He said before wishing her back the same. “I need one so that I will not miss you while you away later”

 

“Away? Me?” Now it is her turns to be confused. “Wait, I’m confused. Where am I going?”

 

Baekhyun put her carefully on the next chair while bringing his wallet out of his back pocket. He then handled her his credit card, making the girl confuse even more. “Take it and use to whatever you want. You can go to salon, spa, shopping new bags or clothes as much as you want. Or you can go eat delicious food with your friends”

 

He then added something that she did not expect at all, “You can even go out even with your male friends and have fun, I promise I will not feel jealous or anything. Treat this as your rewards day and me time, okay darling? Enjoy a little gift from me”

 

His offer was so tempting that she would not even need to think twice before absorbing into her head. No matter how much she enjoys Baekhyun company every time they go out, she also enjoy her solo time wondering around the city. Not that going alone is better than two, no, because Baekhyun always a good person to accompany her for shopping.

 

But on rare, seldom chances she the idea of her going to spa for medi pedi, massages session or going to saloon to surprise her boyfriend thrill her. And since she was a bit busy past weeks that she have not get time to buy Baekhyun gift for V-Day, this will be a good timing to sneak out for that. She blinks her eyes in confusion when Baekhyun insist for her to take his card. Dahee would love to have the her time alone, but not using her boyfriend money.

 

“Baekhyun— You don’t have to do this” She was more into speechless.

 

“I want to, so please take it, baby? I feel so bad whatever I have put you into for our last arguments. It was my fault entirely and I think you deserved so much more. I’m a bad boyfriend, aren’t I?” Baekhyun admit, his head hanging low feeling guilty.

 

She sighs, tilt up his chin to see his face again. “I told you it is fine right. We both at fault so no need to feel guilty or anything”

 

“But still,” He argued. “I hurt you and cause you to even be admitted to hospital. I’m so disappointed with myself”

 

Dahee quickly shakes her head is dismissing his thought. “You know that is not true, babe. I’m too tired because of my work. That’s it. But this, are you sure?” She pointed out at the card to divert the conversation. She don’t want to trap him feeling guilty all the time while she already forgetting the incident.  

 

Baekhyun nodded and signal her that it is okay, after all he always wanted Dahee to pampered herself. “Go around and spend your boyfriend money as you wish, it is not everyday chances you know” He joked. “I will pick you up on evening so that we can celebrate Valentines together, yeah?”

 

“Cool! I will pay for our dinner then!” Dahee suggested while wiggling her eyebrows.

 

Baekhyun know there is something up into her sleeve. She then take his card and wave it in front of his face, “And of course to pay using your money, Baekhyun!”
 

 

Dahee must have so much fun that she did not send him a single message to update her whereabouts. Baekhyun rolls his eyes while continuing his tasks, completing all the chores around the house as a little way to show his gratitude for her girlfriend efforts all this time. Not that this is the first time he did, but today feels exceptionally different as he send out his girlfriend for shopping spree and he stay at home, cleaning.


He missed her accompany at home but that does not him for being productive. Scrolling into Google for handmade chocolates, Baekhyun then decided to make the easiest, satisfaction guaranteed strawberries covered with chocolates for her V-Day gift. Of course, it has to be cliché sweets and flowers treats for girlfriend on this special day.

 

It was annual routine to celebrate the day together but today is the first time that he attempt to make her favourite chocolates on his own, trying to appear sweeter than he already is. Now that he had his gift wrapped nicely, the bedsheet has been changed, laundry is done, the whole apartment dust-free and perfect shining bathroom tiles; he just need to dress good and pickup his girlfriend for their date.

 

“Hey, how was your day baby?” Baekhyun asked as she entered his car. He paused for a while in his action, leaning back into the door of his car before pointing out to her, “Wait, your hair changed!”

 

Dahee giggles on the other side, amazed with the fact that her boyfriend did noticed the smallest changes that she made on her hair. “What do you think, Baek? Do I look look better with this bang?”

 

“Absolutely stunning” He answered sincerely. “But then when you are not? Anyway, this is for you”

 

“Homemade Valentines chocolates?” She look at his with so much adoration for his efforts. Dahee could recognize the food container that they have at home, she could detect it right away. “Strawberries covered with chocolates! Thank you darling, I love it!”

 

Baekhyun intertwines their fingers together before revving the engine of his car. “Let’s go for dinner, shall we?”

 

Out of the nights dinner they had before, yet this is the most anticipated, the one that made Dahee nervous the most. Sure, that celebrating Valentines together is not something rare for them, but this year is even better as she finally able to get something valuable for her boyfriend. With the saving she had all this while being an intern, she bought him a gift that she had a high hope with.

 

It was not something that she always give him. This time the size is smaller and even though the price is not most expensive one offered, but considering she had to save it for months is something that she can be proud of. Well, there is a reason why she bring out a larger handbag out today, so that she can keep it secret until they arrived at the restaurant later.

 

Speaking of which, Dahee had no idea where Baekhyun will bring her to.  Nevertheless, she still changed into a nice mini dress that she bought earlier upon her boyfriend request. Despite of the freedom Baekhyun gave to use his card, Dahee was being a considerate girlfriend to him (and his pocket too) by only use it for foods, saloon, and the dress that she is wearing now. It took her another $80 of her own pocket money to buy a matching heel as she was wearing sneakers only this morning.

 

wide open as they arrived at the restaurant, it is the famous one owned by a celebrity chef that she followed on a social media. His restaurant is always packed with customers and hardly to get chances to make a reservation. She remembered how she is nagging into Baekhyun ears regularly on how much she wish to dine in there previously.

 

“Reservation for 2 pax under Byun Baekhyun name please” He said to the restaurant assistant upon their arrival at the lobby.

 

“Let me check for you, one moment” The assistant replied. Dahee had so much hope that they will get a table for the night. It will be too embarrassing and disappointing if their chance was taken away. She let out a relived sigh when they found his reservation and showing them their table location.

 

“Baekhyun, this restaurant is hard to make reservation. How you do that?” Dahee whispered as they entered the dining area. Luckily, she dressed appropriately tonight.

 

“It took me 2 weeks and every single day on waiting list before finally able to make a reservation. Well, I need to prepare the best for my Valentines date, right?” He wink at her and pointing to their table, which surprised her even more with a candlelight and bouquet of roses setup on it. “Have a seat, my queen” Baekhyun politely said while holding out the chair for her.

 

“Thank you! Thank you, baby! You are so amazing!” Dahee could not stop praising him for being the most gentleman, romantic boyfriend especially on this Valentines date. “Baekhyun, I want to cry. This is so much—”

 

Baekhyun quickly widen his eyes and warn her to not cry, “Uh-oh no Dahee, you will not cry tonight. Hope you happy on your Valentines day, sweetheart”

 

“I am! In fact, I’m beyond happy” She admit it excitedly. “Oh, I have something for you too. Close your eyes first please Baekhyun. I’m nervous” Dahee said while go through her bag to bring out the gift that she had prepared for him.

 

Baekhyun comply her commands right away, but his mouth is still busy complaining that she should have not prepare anything as he doesn’t mind doing everything for her. He was cut off in the middle when Dahee told him that he can open his eyes, “What—Dahee, oh my God, baby”

 

“Surprise Baekhyun!” She grins. Dahee hold out the Louis Vuitton box that have a piece of silver ring, engraved with their initial on each pair. “Before you freak out, let me explain yeah? First of all, I wasn’t used your card to buy this, I save up my own money and—”  

 

Dahee fidgeting nervously. “I bought this as a promise ring for you as a symbol my commitment to stay faithful to you. I just want to take this as a symbol that will remind you how much we love each other because Baekhyun—” She caress the side of his face lovingly. “I really love you, I really do”

 

He take her hand and kiss her palm softly, reciprocated on her actions. “You don’t have to prove anything because I know it baby, and I love you too Dahee. Thank you so much for this gift, I really love it and appreciate it. But baby, this is supposed to be my job, not the girlfriend one”

 

She shakes her head quickly to counter him back, “No, I think it can be anyone. Plus, I want to break the stereotype!”

 

“I admire your courage baby, but really, I think it is my responsibilities in this relationship” He paused while searching for the main gift of the Valentines date that he had prepared. “I want to give you this as a token and promise of my love to you”

 

Irony how they have so much in commons that they ended up prepared the similar gifts for each other on their 3rd Valentines date tonight. “Baekhyun—I didn’t know that you also—” It would not be a surprised if she will cry in front of everyone at this moment. Dahee is always a cry baby. “This is prettier and much more expensive than the one I bought for you”

 

“It’s okay baby, it does not matter. Well, at least I’m glad that we both want the same future for us” Baekhyun is now taking out the ring to slip in into her finger, so that they will have matching promise rings.

 

The moments was so magical that Dahee felt like they were in K-Drama and she is the main star. Especially when Baekhyun convince her more through his comforting words, "We may don’t know what is in future, but I’m serious about us and this ring is a symbol of my love for you and my plans to marry you one day"

 

“Let’s stick together, yeah Baekhyun?” Dahee said with happy tears on her eyes, threating to fall.

“Happy Valentines, darling. To much more years celebrating together”

 

Without even realized, Baekhyun also feels the same as her. "Happy Valentines day, Dahee. I hope the same because our love story has changed my life forever and with this ring, it is only just beginning”

 

 

 

 

A/N: A super quick chapter for new update. Now that only left few more chapters before this story complete, I would love to hear genuine opinion from you guys regarding my style of writing, if I do a good job and on which part I can improve more.

 

Comment below 😊