003

DARLING

Cc

 

“Catch it Baekhyun!” Jongdae screams as his best friend seems so lost during the game.

 

“Damn! He must be in pain I guess” Jongin said while jogging to Baekhyun side along with Jongdae.

 

“Wow” Baekhyun hissed. “This surely leave bruises” As he rubbed his head. He was so unlucky that the ball thrown by his basketball teammates was too fast and hit him.

 

He could not focused on his game at all, in fact he could not even focused doing anything besides thinking a possible way to remove the sharpie ink that she has tattooed into his right arm. Not only it was wrote in black, bold, ink, but even got a cute little heart at the end of it.

 

Byul Dahee ♥️

 

It only passed mid-summer and when Baekhyun decided to use long sleeve under his basketball jersey, it obviously that he desperately wanted to hide the mark that his crazy-admire did on him. Screw Byul Dahee and her crazy antics, screw her for being so extreme in showing her love for him.

 

A crazy one; he thought. But despite her being all out to make sure Baekhyun notice her, he didn’t feel suffocated or in other words, suffered. As far as they have been in contact with each other few weeks, this is the only unexpected move that she made. That is only when he annoyed her first. Baekhyun know aware that not messed up with Dahee.

 

“God dammit. How to even remove this!” He whined.

 

“Baekhyun being grumpy is not a surprise anymore. But what’s wrong with you today?” Jongdae prompt with a question once they finish their game.

 

“This— Is my problem”

 

“What the hell is that—“ Jongin wanted to scream his lungs out when Baekhyun finally rolled up his sleeve to show them the mark.

 

“Why did she do that,” Jongdae also can’t help to laugh at their best friend. “No— screw that. What did you do that make her so mad?”

 

Baekhyun sigh. He knew that this will be their reaction. “I purposely call her with different name when working out for our project work, so she decided to ‘teach’ me how to say her name correctly”

 

Jongdae swear that he will fall into the ground soon for laughing too much, “Now surely you remember her name well is it Baekhyun? Serve you right, my fallen brother”

 

“Ugh! You guys are more annoying than Dahee!” Baekhyun groaned.

 

“And speaking of the devil...” Jongin point out to the other side of the field.

 

“Isn’t that the girl, Dahee?” Jongdae asked for confirmation.

 

Baekhyun shrugged. “None of my business”

 

“Looks like you are not the only one popular here Mr Baekhyun”

 

Just like Baekhyun, Dahee also has her own followers that will try to get her attention whenever she goes. Maybe she wasn’t as popular as Baekhyun, considering her status as junior at the uni. But then she do have few guys trying their luck to confess their love to her.

 

Dahee can be consider as one of the pretty girls among their batches. That’s includes the guys from their uni football team. Lucas, Taeyong and Mark is one of the popular guys in the team— and famous for their crush Byul Dahee.

 

“Hi Dahee. You looking pretty today” Taeyong speaks as they approach Dahee on the bench.

 

“Thank you, Taeyong” She just smiles and continue her focus back in her phone screen.

 

“Have you think about it Dahee?” He asked again.

 

She quite confused with his question. “Sorry?”

 

“I asked you to go for date last week, have you think about that?” Every other girls must be screaming if they are at her position at this moment.

 

“I’m sorry Taeyong. I think I couldn’t make it” Deep inside, she do feel bad for him.

 

This is one of the thing that made Harin made at Dahee. She already have a line of handsome guys waiting for her; but she still with her decision to pursue her unrequited love towards Byun Baekhyun. “You are pushing your luck away, Byul Dahee” She clearly remember her bestie warning.

 

It’s not that she trying to push her luck away, she do admit that Taeyong, her batch mates is one hella attractive guy. In fact, he is the most wanted bachelor in her year. But too bad, Dahee didn’t feel the same as what he confessed. She also don’t want to accept him just for the sake of she need a boyfriend. That’s not a right thing to do.

 

On the other side of the field, Baekhyun seems cannot let his eyes off from the whole scenario. He was busy thinking why she reject him at the first place. He knew who Taeyong is, in fact he do consider him as one of his rival in terms of who is the popular guy in uni. As cheesy as it sounds, Baekhyun do care about the ranking.

 

What exactly she looking for, he thought. Why she reject him but looking at Baekhyun instead. It also open his eyes that Dahee do actually have a lot of admires. His friends were right, she is pretty, how on earth those guys not attracted at her. Unknowingly, he feels relieved that in a rare chances, he ‘wins’ this round.

 

“You see, she didn’t loose if you reject her” Jongdae tease. “She is freaking gems Baekhyun. You sure to let it pass?”

 

 

“I don’t like working at this kind of place,” He stopped and looking around the garden. “Let’s get back to library, or any coffee shop, or anywhere as long— w- whatever, I’m leaving now”

 

Baekhyun turns around and started taking steps away from the table. “Wait Baekhyun!” She called him. “I actually bring us food, we can move after finish it. Please?”

 

The way she pleaded with her tiny face, her long and thick eyelashes (Baekhyun found that is it the best feature of Dahee) and they way she clasped both her hand begging him to stay— for a minute Baekhyun thoughts that he almost lost to her, unknowingly smiling for cute gestures. Byul Dahee is so cute that it almost melt him.

 

Baekhyun reluctantly put back his backpack on the table, joining her back to their mini picnic session at the garden. He knew that by agreeing to her offer today will make him regret; as he was so sure that Dahee have something plan ahead, but he didn’t expect that she will packed him lunch like this.

 

He used to date with few girls previously, while most of his dating session mostly spent in shopping mall or at some urban cafes, he never goes out openly in garden like this. Baekhyun felt so — like everyone can see them together and the fact that anytime, anyone can caught them making him nervous. He hates that kind of attention.

 

When he saw Dahee efforts in bringing him packed lunch even with some snacks and his favourite watermelon smoothies from his favourite juice bar, Baekhyun could not simply reject it and leave her alone. Who knows how much she have spent for this. After all, uni students will need a lot of money to pay for their studies and survive.

 

“How was it? Is that good?” She asked as Baekhyun done with his meals. He nodded, taking the tissue she brought along with with the lunchbox.

 

“It is good actually” He smiles. For the first time she can actually see a genuine smile from Baekhyun. He had been grumpy every time they met to work for their project.

 

“I’m glad you finished it well, Baek” Dahee then smiles back sheepishly before looking at into her electronic watch. “Now you have 3 minutes for the spell to be absorbed affectively into your body”

 

“What?!!” She managed to make Baekhyun choked on his drink, almost spit it back to her. “What did you say?! What did you put into my foods?!”

 

Dahee surely have a good time during lunch laughing at him non-stop. “Relax, Byun. I bought that food, if you got spelled, I might affected as well” She ended her teasing with a wink.

 

“Yah! You Byul Dahee!” Baekhyun stand up, blowing air into his fringe to control his emotions.

 

“Come on Baekhyun, let’s go to coffee shop as you wish. We shall cool you down a bit, Mr No-Chill” Dahee managed to pull him out despite his glaring, and link her arm together with him to more. “So, ice americano darling?”

 

They eventually continue their works at coffee shop nearby their uni as per Baekhyun requested. As they come out on Sunday, the cafe is full with mostly their uni students, probably having a coffee catch up session with their friends or just like Dahee and Baekhyun, they went there to complete their assignments.

 

It was a pleasant cafe, warm, clean and friendly, perfect place for them to spend the evening. Dahee is actually a regular customer there and this cafe will always be her favorite place. She put aside her backpack, a pile of untouched documents for their project work and ordered a cup of ice americano.

 

As she was about to pay for her coffee, Baekhyun already beat her to pay for them. Just like a scene in romantic drama, she almost wanted to kiss him right here right there for his kindness. It is nothing, but when it comes to her crush doing anything for her, it is more than normal act.

 

“Strawberry or blueberry?” Baekhyun sudden question make her confuse. But then, she managed to answer him.

 

“I’m going to pay this for these two cups of ice americano. Can you bring a slice of strawberry cheesecake?” Baekhyun casually give his card and continue to pull out his stuff from his bag.

 

With his blank expression, he muttered, “You already brought us lunch, I shall pay for it”

 

Byun Baekhyun, you are the coolest boyfriend-to-be candidate.

 

They continue their project work for almost two hours. All the time with Baekhyun giving his ideas and input while Dahee giving her opinions on the same subject. As she forgot to bring her laptop together that day, she move to sit beside him while doing the slides together on Baekhyun laptop.

 

Baekhyun is known by most students there, so it is not surprise when there are voices behind them gossiping about they two. At first, Dahee trying her best to be positive and remind herself that they are not talking about her. But then when the main subject is, a popular boy with who-that-girl sitting beside him comes out, she knew that they do talks about her.

 

All of sudden Dahee felt small and the whole situation make her uncomfortable. It could be that they were not in a right place as the cafe is full with her seniors (she sure that half of them have crush on Baekhyun and currently wishing her to disappear so that they can take her place) but this is not their fault too. This is an open space and anyone can come to this cafe.

 

Looking around the cafe, she noticed that some girls glaring at her directly due to the proximity between Baekhyun and her. Afraid that this would become issue for her later, Dahee decided to get up and move to sit in front of him.

 

As she was about to get up, Baekhyun pull her wrist and make her stay at her place. Dahee was surprise and looking at him waiting for his reaction, but Baekhyun kept his eyes on the laptop only.

 

“But Baekhyun—“ She trying to find some excuses.

 

“Don’t mind them. Just sit here beside me. After all, they are just jealous of you” Baekhyun then finally titled his head looking at her and nodded for assurance.

 

How can she stopped liking him when he is one whole package of boyfriend material.

 

 

Harin, her bestie take their use lunch tray and deposit it to the nearby basket. They will usually take their lunch at the cafeteria when both of their schedules is same. Unlike Dahee, Harin decided to not taking their minor subject as early as Dahee. That’s why she left alone with Baekhyun and his friends for Art.

 

They have been together since their freshman year, up until now being a roommates and best friends. While Dahee is more outspoken and loud, Harin is more into chill-and-layback person. Their opposite characters that made them so close and stick to each other.

 

Even though Harin knew that Dahee currently trying to pursue her love for her crush; Byun Baekhyun, she still reminds her from time to time that to not put a high hope into it. She said this multiple times, “Dahee, first of all, he is Byun Baekhyun. Second of all, he is that Baekhyun!”

 

Luckily Dahee is not that type to easily take heart of what her bestie said. In fact that, she knew dreaming to get Byun Baekhyun as her boyfriend is almost similar to get Min Yoongi from BTS as her boyfriend. In other words, she knew her place.

 

But nothing is impossible, right?

 

"Why are you so gloomy?" Harin asked as they were about to reach their dorm.

 

"Do you think Baekhyun hate me?” Dahee asked back. It has been 6 days since she last saw him. Their Art professor have an emergency and postpone their lesson. She lost the only chances for her to meet him.

 

“Am I too desperate? Should I stop—oh, never mind he messaged me back”

 

Her face lit up again when her crush reply back her message. Luckily, he agreed to meet her later to discuss about their project together.

 

“Print all the documents and submit it” Baekhyun throw the USB stick on her table. As promised, he did come to student lounge as they set up during their texts earlier.

 

“Excuse me?” Dahee stood up and confronting him. “Can’t you be more nice when asking for my help?” Forget about him being her crush, at this rate, she was so pissed rather than annoyed with Baekhyun attitude.

 

He just shrugged. His face remained blank. “Why can’t you just do it? I thought you are head over heels over me?” Baekhyun smirked.

 

“Does it mean I have to obey all your orders just because I like you?” Dahee raising her voices, stopping his steps. Her eyes now widen as she grab a fistful of his shirt. “This is our project! We have to do it together! Yah Byun Baekhyun!”

 

“Fine!” Baekhyun glared at Dahee like he was about to punch her on her face, but then he did something that surprised Dahee even more. Baekhyun eventually sit down and obeyed her to complete their work together.

 

Unlike their emotions earlier, surprisingly both Dahee and Baekhyun managed to keep calm and for once, be rational and focus to complete their project together. Is was not easy to tamed him down and maybe Dahee didn’t aware about this; but this guy is not the type that will listen to someone else order. Jongin and Jongdae also facing the same issue when it comes to keep Baekhyun listen to them.

 

Dahee saw how Baekhyun focused on his work; he didn’t even spare a single minutes to anything that can distract him. His head hanging low, eyes focused on the paperwork in front of him. Once in awhile he will take his mobile phone to do some searching on internet. This sight of Baekhyun being so hardworking only makes her heart melting more.

 

His visual? It is no jokes. Sometimes she wonders how can someone be so perfect like Byun Baekhyun. His eyes, she likes when he confidently wearing black eyeliner making his eyes feature more visible. Not only he managed to break the stereotype, but he did it beautifully.

 

She also likes when Baekhyun decided to go cozy, like today, when he just wears his black short sleeve tshirt, with a flannel shirt as outwear and his skinny jeans. He then match it with his favourite all black converse; Baekhyun look so domestic and she almost drool when he first come earlier.

 

Dahee wonder, how is that lucky to have Byun Baekhyun as her boyfriend?

 

“You are staring at me” Baekhyun suddenly speak up after so many minutes they have stay silent.

 

“I’m not” Dahee denied. Half of her want to like she always done before, half of her still pissed for their previous argument.

 

“Yes, you are” Unexpectedly, Baekhyun get up from his seat and take a step closer to her.

 

“Byul—“ One step closer, “Da—“ He is getting closer, at this rate they only separated by few inches. “—Hee”

 

“Baekhyun, what are you doing?”

 

She take backward steps but luck is not on Dahee side as she was trapped with a wall behind her. “Don’t— get too closer Baek” Her voice now soften, trying to get out from him.

 

“Why Dahee? You nervous?” As if the tables has turned, now it’s time for Dahee to be all red, blushing.

 

“It— just that— I” She is now panted, trying to get some spaces between them. Gasping some air for her to breath. “Baekhyun— I”

 

“Cat got your tongue is it?” He provoked.

 

“Help—“ She now grab into his shoulders, her pupils shaking and she almost run out of her breath. “Help me— Baek”

 

“Yah! Yah Byul Dahee” From his perspective, Dahee was just trying to get way from the situation. He didn’t know the fact that she was not acting, she do have asthma. And the way he make her heart beating extraordinary faster like that only make it worst.

 

Baekhyun trying so bad to shake her body rapidly to keep her awake when her bestie, Harin walked passed by and saw them.

 

“Oh my God, Dahee!” Harin quickly pull body to sit on the chair nearby and start looking into her bag.

 

Baekhyun who seems panicked about the whole situation couldn’t get what happened exactly. “Why— What— Why is she like that?”

 

Harin finally found the inhaler that Dahee always bring with her and give to her bestie immediately for emergency assistance. Baekhyun lets out a relived sigh when Dahee back to her normal breathing. He was that close to almost kill person on his own. Before Harin take her bestie to medical room, she managed to give her death glares to him.

 

“She have asthma you dubm!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: I’M SOOOOOO HAPPY JONGDAE FOUND HIS LOVEEEE ❤️❤️❤️

 

Anyway, kindly comment for this chapter. It will help me to improve more on upcoming chapters. Thank youuuu ;)