019

DARLING

Rr

 

Rushing to queue line to on board the boat, Baekhyun never once let go Dahee hand along the process. Even when she needs to take two steps further just to match his pace. Like a routine, or a norm that he has been doing all time, the action comes involuntary without he even noticed. Like a magnet, his hand will find her smaller hand and clasped it together to give warmth and protection.

 

Jeju is such a beautiful island and Dahee wanted to bring Baekhyun for island hopping activities so bad that she even had the idea proposed to her boyfriend even before they came here. This will be memorable memories as they would not get the same once they back to Seoul. She was so happy when he agreed that she dragged her roommates immediately for swimsuit shopping.

 

The journey from Jeju main jetty to the small private island only takes 10 minutes and it was decreased as they are taking a speed boat to the destination. Even though Dahee grown up in the island itself, it is always exciting her to do water activities. She had list out the spot that they can do snorkeling together and even packed up snacks for them to enjoy it together.

 

“Stop looking at me like that, Baekhyun” She said shyly as her cheeks is getting red due to the sudden gestures from her boyfriend.

 

He shrugged, “Like what?”

 

“Like you want to eat me!” She stormed off her feet to protest.

 

“Well, I do” It is so frustrating for Dahee how he can keep being cool speaking openly like that while she almost burst out because of the embarrassment.

 

She glares at him with her usual fierce look that Baekhyun found it is rather cute than scary, “Babe! Behave! Control your hormone Byun-tae Baekhyun!”

 

Instead of moving away like he told to, he keeps his eyes on the same place and while biting into his lower lip. “What?” Baekhyun questioned back. “I’m just admiring the view that Jeju Island offered. I didn’t know that it come with a hot, y girl in a package”

 

“I’m just wearing one-piece swimming suit and not even bikini and you already scared them and being a ert all day” Dahee rolled her eyes. She can’t believe that Baekhyun got so protective that he glared at the stranger boys earlier.

 

“Can’t blame me for being obsessive when you are here looking all damn hot and hey—” He warned, “I just claiming what is mine”

 

Baekhyun in jealousy can be two things; it is either cute or annoying or it can be both. He will tend to be clingier and more attached to her purposely to let everyone know that they are together. Dahee and Baekhyun sign up for a private island hoping trip in a group of 10, and Baekhyun had make sure that he is loud enough to tell the other boys in the trip that Dahee is his.

 

Luckily that they will have personal time on their own for few hours or else, Dahee might end up burst out to Baekhyun as he can’t stop keeping his hand to himself since the beginning of their little trip. Not to make the mood worsen, she quickly shows Baekhyun the activities list that she had prepared and explain to him her plan.

 

They started their day with kayak session, which is rather more into a cliché romantic scene we always see in the television where the boyfriend do all the work to move the kayak while serenade her with his angelic voice and the girlfriend, being the typical girl to do nothing but admiring the visual of her boyfriend and taking selfies here and there to capture the moments.

 

“Did you enjoy that, Baek?” She asked as soon as she he swam closely to the deck where she waits for him from the snorkeling session. It has been third round and Dahee want to take a break while Baekhyun still full with his energy.

 

“Oh my God baby!” Baekhyun gasped for air to breath when he came back to the surface. “I saw a group of Nemo earlier!”

 

“They are cute, isn’t them?” Dahee smiles at the sight of her boyfriend excitedly telling her his experience.

 

Baekhyun nodded eagerly before moving out of his snorkeling equipment for a while. “This is heaven, I swear. I didn’t know that I have interest into marine life before I get to experience this by myself”

 

“I will bring you to many beautiful islands on our next trip okay, babe?” She suggested, already excited of planning more adventures with her boyfriend on her mind.

 

They had so much fun, especially Baekhyun who now even interested to take a diving license just for fun. Dahee just chuckled when she saw her excited boyfriend. On the last two hours of their trip, they just spend the time chilling by the beach enjoying their snacks and went back to the beach to swim for the last time before leaving.

 

“Hey, come closer darling” Baekhyun voice goes deeper as he motioned his finger to call out his girlfriend who swim around the area.

 

He swims closer to the sand, where he can stand on his own feet, enough to let it pool around his lower chest. “Dahee baby, come here” He whined a bit when she ignored him earlier just to swim on a deeper area.

 

“Yes, my love” As if she gets the hints, Dahee said seductively while wrapping her arms into his neck and lean closer to a place a quick peck, only for Baekhyun to deepen it again sending all shivers through her body.

 

“I love you, you know that right?” Baekhyun suddenly confessed out of nowhere is the middle of the empty private beach.

 

Dahee stares into his eyes as all she can is sincerity that she did not hesitated to pull him again for another passionate kiss as a respond to his previous question. Only after a minute that they are gasping for air, they finally apart from each other and smiles reassuringly towards each other. Baekhyun pull her closer for a tight hug that continuous for another minutes.

 

“How much do you love me baby?” She asked teasingly.

 

“Did you see that? My love for you is like an overflowing sea. It is endless. Wait, let me swim as far as I can to show you” As romantic as he can get into, Baekhyun point out to the endless ocean behind them.

 

There is a playful hint on his voice but seeing he part off from her and start swimming away, it suddenly scared her. “Wait—babe, no!” She disagreed with his spontaneous action. “It is not necessary!” She raised her voice as he is getting farther.

 

“Baekhyun come back!” Dahee is now yelling across the sea as she swims towards his way worriedly.

 

Panic attacked her immediately when she cannot longer see the glimpse of her boyfriend among the wave of the sea. Her eyes b with tears as she was about to lose her energy screaming for her boyfriend name over and over again. She started to think negatively as her mind occupied with the thought that Baekhyun is drowned despite how good he can swim is.

 

Ocean is a big area that can bring harm for us and the last thing she want is for her to left alone with Baekhyun is nowhere to be seen in sight. “Baekhyun, please, where are you?” She is now sobbing hard while trying to balance herself to keep floating to survive.

 

Noticed that her energy is getting lower and sacrifice herself to drowned will not going to help to find her boyfriend, the decided to go back to where she started from. It was few minutes after when she heard someone calling her name, and the person she is looking for calmly bopping out his head on the surface of the water.

 

“Surprise baby!” He said calmly while chuckled when he saw her girlfriend messy state. Baekhyun quickly move forward to engulf her into a hug and kiss her forehead to calm her down. “God, baby sorry. Did I scare you a lot? Omg baby stop crying, I’m here now”

 

She was so furious, but she is most likely felt relieved than anything else when Baekhyun is safe and sound. “You made my heart stop a beat earlier, don’t pull a prank like that Baek, please, I was so scared that—” Dahee sobbing more when she thought about it. “—I thought you are gone”

 

Her hold into Baekhyun figure getting stronger when he swims them both to the land. All along Baekhyun did nothing but whisper her comforting words and telling her that everything is okay now. Once they safely landed into the sand and Baekhyun pull her down, she holds his arm again and prompt him with a question, “Promise me, promise me you won’t leave me Baekhyun”

 

“With all my will, darling. I will not be leaving your side. Ever”

 

 

After spending almost the whole day for island hoping activities yesterday, both Baekhyun and Dahee was knocked out resulting them sleeping early and skip the rest of the day. It was only 10PM when Baekhyun woke up because he was hungry, and his stomach are growling. But he was not in his own house and as he was not familiar with her house area, he dismisses the idea and continue to sleep.

 

That is why the next day he had dragged Dahee to wake up as early as they can to go out and find good food around the island. It was his initial plan to when he came, he wanted to try all Jeju famous food to satisfy his craving every time he watched a food mukbang. The sight and grilling sounds of meat that he imagined on his head enough to make him drool.

 

They went for a sight seeing and playing tourist, went to tourism spots to take photos as memories that they can keep. Dahee had seen the same places for several time all her life but getting into the place with her Seoul boyfriend gave her different kind of place. She can’t believe that as a local, she even went to different souvenir shops today just to keep him company. They even went to local-made jewelry shop that is well-known as Baekhyun want to get something for his mother.

 

“I think this will looks good for your mom, babe” She said while showing him some of the design.

 

He looks on the suggestion and nodded his head, “I think so. This seems suitable for her. I will take this” He handled it to the shop assistant and going for another section of jewelry. Baekhyun has his eyes glued on the section of the necklace on the display rack.

 

“Can you suggest the prettiest design for my girlfriend over there?” He pointed out to Dahee figure as she was playing with her phone, did not noticed that her boyfriend talking to the shop assistant for another jewelry hunting.

 

“Your girlfriend has a pretty face and fair skin. I’m sure that she will look pretty in any design. But today, I will suggest this Infinity series from our latest collection. This is quite famous among our customer” The shop assistant suggested, quickly agreed by Baekhyun as he like the infinity symbol design as the pendant.

 

Baekhyun calling Dahee towards her and point out the chair beside him. “Can you try this, baby? I think it will look good on you?”

 

“Babe—” Dahee speechless as the shop assistance handled Baekhyun the necklace for him to help her in wearing it. “Is—this for—me?” She stuttered but at the same time, admiring the sparkling necklace on her neck.

 

She leaves it for few seconds before immediately taking it off. “Baekhyun, this is expensive. You don’t have to spend your money for me baby”

 

“Dahee, my love—” He hold her hand as reassurance and the shop assistant giving them space for them to talk privately. “I want to give you this as a gift. During our relationship, you are always the understanding one, you never ask me anything beside foods and cuddles and I was so thankful for that because you understand that I’m in the phase to build up my career and for future”

 

He added more, “But baby, you deserved so much thing and I wish I can offer more to you. This is not much compare to everything you had done for me, for our relationship. So, for this time, please allow me to pamper you with what I can. Although you are already beautiful without the necklace, but it will be nice to see you wearing it. So, will you accept my gift?”

 

Dahee nodded and pass him a beautiful smile. “Sure Baekhyun, I will love to wear that on me”

 

It is a little gesture that only them understand. Like how Baekhyun noticed that Dahee never asking him for any material things as a gift, or even to dine in fancy high class restaurant because she knew how hard he is working and taking granted of his money is not appropriate things to do. She heard how some of the girls in college latching off their boyfriend’s money for their own needs, but Dahee is not that kind of girl.

 

While Dahee, she noticed how Baekhyun being attentive in every thing she ever mentioned (even some of them were just a random thoughts) like how she prefer going to arcade date instead of museum date because she had no idea what the arts means for. Or when Baekhyun take times to check the on the food menu if it does have nuts or not because of her allergy. Baekhyun does take his time to make her happy, even when it just a small little thing like bringing her to her favorite place.

 

“Where you got the idea for an aquarium date, baby? You are being extra romantic today that it scares me, Baek” She teased as they sat on bench nearby.

 

He knitted his eyebrows in confusion as he asked for the clarification, “What is even relation me being romantic and you being scared?”

 

She laughed and shakes her head. “No, it is good. I like it. But it does give me idea that you are hiding something from me or want to get something in return”

 

Baekhyun then closed their gap and intertwine their fingers together. “I don’t have anything to hide, or to ask, or other motive but now that we are speaking—” He take a breath before prompt for a serious conversation. “Do you perhaps have anything to inform me or talk to me regarding your future?”

 

“Baekhyun—” Her voice stuttered as if she can sense what he is going to say next.

 

“Before that let me explain, I was not looking through your thing intentionally. Your mom brought me to your room while you are being away and showing me all cute photos when you were kid. She left me there alone then and when I was about to put the album back into the shelves, the letter was slipped into the ground. I’m sorry, it is not my intention to breach your privacy” He explained.

 

Baekhyun recalled back the moment when he felt like his heart were about to drop when he saw the offer letter that came from overseas. That is only mean one thing, she is going to leave him at Seoul to pursue her dream. He is the most supportive person when it comes to Dahee future, but at the same time he can’t help but to feel sad thinking about the worst possibility.

 

But then he saw that the acceptance date has passed, and since Dahee still did not informed him anything until today, he thought that she might have been declined the offer. It was not a good option either, as he felt guilty if he was the reason, she rejected it. It will be his biggest regret if it is true, so he decided to confront and talk to her.

 

“Hey, it is okay” She reassured him as he seems extra nervous. Maybe, Baekhyun just scared of the letter content more than everything now. “I should have told you earlier and I’m sorry for keeping you out of this. I thought it was unnecessary as I already declined the offer”

 

“Can I know why you declined the offer, Dahee? It is scholarship to further your master at UK, this is a good chance for you” Baekhyun asked curiously.

 

She sighs as she acknowledged his input. “It will be 2 years scholarship at UK. It will be too long, and UK is far from here. I don’t think that I can handle LDR for that long”

 

“Do you perhaps decline it because of me?” His eyes widen and he had a straight posture now that the conversation getting serious.

 

“No babe, don’t think that way. You never be an obstacle for me to spread my wings, so do not even think about it. I’m doing it because of me, not because of anyone. I had talks with my parents, even my lecturer and my friends for this. Of course, they root me to go, but then my parents said that doing what I think is good for myself will be the best decision”

 

Dahee then titled her head to look into his eyes and explained, “I don’t want to be apart from you Baek and I know that I won’t be able to survive that. I know you want the best for my future but hey—”

 

She paused and showing him her the websites on the mobile phone. “I have sent multiple applications for my internship at top companies, I want to experience working in industrial environment and get some certs along the way. I even have enrolled to some online courses. Don’t worry about me, okay?”

 

He nodded when he finally understands her points. “I’m glad you have pictures plan for your future. I will always support you, Byul Dahee”

 

 

“Oh my God! Dahee wake up I’m late already!” Han shaking her sister body for the nth time since morning. She was screaming and having a push and pull blanket fight with her sister. “You promised to send me!”

 

“I swear that if you did not wake up now, I will pour water into your face!” Han warned her sister, as attempt to make her wake up. Dahee had promised her to send her to her school for her extra classes today but there she is, still wrapping into her blanket.

 

Baekhyun who had his sleep abrupted due to the noises in the morning went to Dahee room to check what is happening. He then knocking on the bedroom door that has been opened since Han barged in. “Hey Han, what happened?”

 

“Your girlfriend need to send me off to my school but she won’t even bulged when I woke her up. I’m so frustrated now!” Han tugged on her hair as showing her dissatisfaction.

 

He hummed as acknowledgment when he saw that Dahee still sleeping soundly. “Can I try my luck to wake her up?” Han nodded and make a space for him for Baekhyun to enter.

 

“Hey, Dahee, wake up” Baekhyun start off with sitting at the edge of the bed and touch her feet that covered by the blanket. All he received is hummed.

 

“Wake up sweetheart, you need to send your sister to her school” She moves around now but still closing her eyes. Baekhyun then lean closer and remove the hair on her forehead to give her a quick peck. “It is late now, please, Dahee. Wake up and do the errand”

 

Han rolled her eyes due to the sudden PDA (she secretly like it when Baekhyun not shy in showing his affection towards his sister). She so fond of Baekhyun to be her future brother in law and now in attempt to convince her parents the same. Nevertheless, she glad when his tactics working as Dahee now woke up and reluctantly going off from the bed.

 

“I can’t believe that I had to let out all my voices out, but it only takes a morning kiss from your boyfriend to wake you up. Unbelievable Dahee!” She nagged in the morning.

 

Dahee just rolls her eyes before making her way to bathroom to freshen up. “Of course, I will prefer my sweet boyfriend than annoying voice like you!” Luckily, she was fast enough when Han throw her the small pillow.

 

The siblings make Baekhyun shakes his head in the morning. He never had a sister previously and the relationship for male siblings is definitely not the same as their best weapon will be throwing punch in each other faces instead of making unnecessary noises early in the morning. He can’t recall how many times he kicks Baekbeom just because of silly things.

 

Both of them eventually leaving after 10 minutes and Dahee take her mother car to send out her sister. As he never seen his girlfriend drive before, Baekhyun sent them off until the car leaving out their house garage just to tease his girlfriend as if know to differentiate gas and brake pedal. He is surely good in making his girlfriend mood go into the south early in the morning.

 

“Good morning Mrs Byul” Baekhyun greet his girlfriend mother at the kitchen once he come back.

 

“Good morning, Baekhyun. I’m making a breakfast now; it will get be done in few minutes” She returned his smiles and give him the pre-made coffee.

 

It is Baekhyun day 3 in Jeju and there is no awkwardness between them even when it only left him and her mother in the house. “Do you need any help, Mrs Byul?” He offered.

 

“Not for now, I have to feed you good food before starting your day” Mrs Byul is such a sweet mother, completely different with his mother that have a big mouth and will nag at him as soon as the sun rising. “Do you perhaps know how to cook, Baekhyun?”

 

He gulped, trying to use his brain quickly to either lied to Mrs Byul to just be honest that he is hopeless when it comes to pan and spatula. Seeing how he took longer time to respond, Mrs Byul understand it right away and tell him that there is nothing wrong with not be able to cook. “Its okay, Dahee can always cook for you” She teased.

 

“She actually did, she cooked for me several times and I must say that Dahee made a delicious meal. Maybe I should learn it from her” They both laughed as Baekhyun scratch his neck awkwardly.

 

“Oh boy!” Mrs Byul suddenly sighs when receiving new message. “My husband just texted me that he left the lunch box I prepared earlier when went out for fishing. Baekhyun, I kind of need your help. Do you perhaps know how to ride the motorcycle?”

 

He was so lucky that Dahee was not around or else she will get her revenge back for free when she sees how round Baekhyun wearing the cute yellow helmet while riding the motorcycle. It was half covered with no visor which make it funnier. It was not a long distance when he looked out the location on the map, and as not to disappoint her girlfriend mother, he agreed to assist her.

 

It was 10 minutes later when he arrived at the nearby lake where he can spot only one person sitting at his portable chair with a fishing rod on his hand. He was looking so calm and enjoying his time alone with a magnificent view as the background. Approaching the familiar person, he called him with his name to make him notice. Baekhyun politely explained that Mrs Byul unable to deliver it herself as the girls taking out available car.

 

“Sorry to troubles you coming all the way here, young boy” Mr Byul feeling guilty when he saw it was Baekhyun who came with his lunch box.

 

He nodded as to tell him that it was his pleasure. “Always happy to help, Mr Byun” He said while handling him the package.

 

“Come and join me, Baekhyun. It will be your last day in Jeju, might as well fill it up with activity” During his offday, Mr Byul loves to go to fishing at the nearby lake alone. Seeing Baekhyun coming alone, he got the idea to invite him along for the session, as he always prepared extra fishing rod just in case.

 

“I’m sorry on behalf of Dahee” Mr Byul suddenly said to break the silent which caught Baekhyun off guard. “I’m sorry if all this while you have been together if she displeases you in any other way, or asking for something that cost a lot, or anything that make you upset”

 

As if he listened to nonsense, Baekhyun quickly speak up to dismiss the idea. “No, not at all Mr Byun. Even before she became my girlfriend, she never troubles me in any other way but instead being the most understanding person in our relationship. It is my responsible as her boyfriend, I hope you would not worry much as I’m okay with it”

 

“I would like to be honest here, Baekhyun” Mr Byul paused and put his fishing rod on the on the ground, getting more serious than he already is. Of course, that scared Baekhyun right away.

 

He then saying something that Baekhyun did not expect at all. “I genuinely like you, being my daughter boyfriend. You are reliable person and I believe you to take care of my eldest daughter. She can be strong but sometimes she is fragile too, but when I see you two, I know that you can make her happy”

 

“But of course, as a father, I need assurance too. Can I know if you have plan to take your relationship to another level? Of course, not that soon due to life commitments, but have you ever thought about it? What did you do as preparation for yourself when the times comes one day?”

 

“You both still young and have lot of opportunity, both in relationship and careers to explore. Do not wasting on focusing solely because your brain tells you that but consider every action with your heart too. It has to be synchronized, so that we can make a decision that will not leave us with regrets”

 

Mr Byul got so deep into conversation that it is like awaken alarm to Baekhyun. He is in the conversation with his girlfriend father, her first man in her life before anyone else. All of sudden Baekhyun felt helpless when he can’t give him immediate answer. Mr Byul was so right on his words that it pinned down whatever Baekhyun planned to respond. It does make him think.

 

When it is another minute that Baekhyun still his head hanged lowered into the ground with his mind thinking everything at the same time, Mr Byul patted his shoulder and give him a nod with last advice.

 

“Baekhyun, please remember that sometimes, it is better to take time to thoroughly thinking the best output rather than bluntly giving uncertainty solution that will cost you in future. I’m not saying this just because I am a father to your girlfriend, but as an uncle who want the best for both of you”

 

 

 

 

A/N: I was supposed to post it on the day I promised, but all sudden I had to standby for work (I’m in IT field anyway) and pooof! Just like that my time was robbed T.T\

 

Hope you enjoy the update and upvote this story if you like!