015

DARLING

Oo

 

On bright Monday morning, Dahee received a phone call from her boyfriend which has interrupted her precious sleep. She wanted to go riot but Baekhyun was considered lucky as his girlfriend made some effort to wake up and calmly listened to his request. Even when he was thinking multiple times before telling her that he needs her help. He knew her well and this is one of miracle moment that she would agree to do something in early morning, willingly.

 

He was rushing to go to the office earlier than he used to which cause Baekhyun forgot to bring of the important file that he needs to present during meeting later. Luckily Dahee willing to assist him to get the file at his apartment, his tight schedule was full of back to back meeting in the morning slots. Coincidently the girl had no class on today as most of her professor attends conference in her uni.

 

Baekhyun ended the call with not to forget to tell her that he loves her and will treat Dahee with delicious cake later for her assistance. She sigh when her boyfriend hangs up the conversation before she able to express her love back—her boyfriend is such a busy man and for that, she have understood it well. Not to be a whining girl in the morning, she quickly get up from the bed and prepare herself to go out.

 

It is been a long time since she ride the subway on her own as she usually will take it either with her friend or Baekhyun or even skip the hassle by taking a taxi go to anywhere. She looks around and noticed that the passengers are mostly students or even working persons, which remind her how good was it to have a break on weekdays from full packed classes. Excitedly, she hop off the train as it has arrived at her destination.

 

Dahee had few things on the shopping list including necessities for Baekhyun. He did not ask for it, but she think that this is how she should spend the money he had given her when he got his first salary. She appreciate her boyfriend effort however she did not think it he should spend his money too much for her; he only stopped on the second month when Dahee insist that she can survive uni with her scholarship and the money she got from her parents.

 

“Oh!” Dahee startled as she entered the apartment. She already had hard time carrying all the things by her own to bring up to his apartment unit. “Sorry, I did not know that you guys are here. I just came in to get Baekhyun work file. If you don’t mind—” Awkwardly she rubbed her back of her neck.

 

“Hey Dahee! Its okay. Come in and make yourself comfortable” Jongdae greet her as they welcomed her to their apartment.

 

Jongin nodded on the other side. “Yeah come and join us for breakfast. We will be leaving after this anyway” He invite her as Dahee looks nervous standing in front of the door. “Oh girl. This is not the first time that we meet each other after graduation! I thought we are best friends now?” He teased.

 

“It just awkward as if I’m trying to get into your apartment without any permission!” She finally let out relieved sigh as she joined them into the dining table. After all, being comfortable with Baekhyun housemates is not foreign thing for her.

 

The boys eventually help her to bring all the things she bought into Baekhyun room as they saw how she struggle with full bags on her hand. Jongin mouth agape when he check randomly what she bought; he even that at this point, they should just live together or even get married. Of course, she would love to, but considering on many factors and how they just develop their relationship—there will be a better time later, Dahee thoughts.

 

Dahee was not surprised on how good Jongdae is with food considering the amount of foods that he served even for breakfast. The other two boys living here must have their best time in munching delicious foods that he cook every day. They always the gentleman one; while Jongdae preparing foods and add in her favourite omelette on their menu, Jongin on the other side already making his signature Blueberry smoothies for her to drink.

 

She did not forget to thank them for such a warm treat for her sudden visit to their apartment. Dahee make a small note on her head to get them something later as to pay back their kindness. Not only lucky that she got a very charming boyfriend, his two kind best friends also come with a package. Quickly take a snippet of the ‘mini’ feast she had, Dahee sent it to her boyfriend with the hope that he will get jealous and wish that he is on her spot right now.

 

“How are you Dahee?” Jongin prompted for a catch-up session. It was about 2 months since they see each other again, and first time without her boyfriend with them.

 

She smiles as she answered, “I’m good. Just can’t wait for graduation which is not going to happen any sooner. How are you two? Jongdae, I heard that you are going to apply for master studies?” Dahee then divert the conversation to them.

 

“Yes I am. I will finally be leaving these two dorks!” Jongdae jokes while his friend just glares him from his side. “And you Dahee, how is your relationship with Baekhyun going on?”

 

Dahee cutely clasped her hands together to express her happiness. “Wonderful. I think I may fall more for my boyfriend every single day”

 

“That is not new for you, drama queen” Jongin said as they laughed together. He then asked her further, “How is Baekhyun treating you? Is he good to you?”

 

Dahee don’t want to exaggerate but she did want to tell them how lucky she is while being Baekhyun girlfriend. “He is. I did not expect it as well you both know that I was the one who confess to him previously. But—” She stopped as she sipped the hot chocolate that Jongdae served earlier.

 

“He is the best boyfriend I ever had. He cares about me the most and always make me the luckiest woman alive. I tell you, Jongin, I will not be letting this man go. Ever” Her answers always bring a good laugh for those two guys. At the same time, they glad that she genuinely love their best friend with all her heart.

 

“Okay we get it, queen. You wanted Baekhyun all to yourselves!” Jongdae raised his hands on the air as surrender sign.

 

“Dahee, you may have confessed first previously. But one thing that we have kept it as secret is, Baekhyun was already like you even when you came to the field!” Jongin raised up his eyebrows suspiciously.

 

Her eyes squinted as the curiosity slowly kick in, “Oh please boys! Don’t expect me to be all calm knowing that their secrets behind it!”

 

“Ugh Jongin!” Jongdae scold him for his big mouth. “Fine Dahee. We will tell you but just make sure that Baekhyun not killing us okay?”

 

Dahee had her best time listening to ‘hidden’ stories that they boys brought it up again after leaving uni for few months. She had expected the playful side of her boyfriend, but she did not expect when Jongin and Jongdae telling her some big secrets of Baekhyun while they are not yet together. Of course, Jongdae had to laugh at her at the middle of their story telling time when she suddenly sobbing and cannot control the tears spilling out of her eyes.

 

30 minutes after that only they stopped as they boys realized that they need to go to work and Dahee need to do what she initially planned earlier. Jongin even make sure that she promise them by not telling her boyfriend back what she heard today; he already imagine how Baekhyun will tore their mouth apart if their so-called secrets burst out.

 

It was not that challenging to tidy up Baekhyun bedroom as he already cleaned it up before he left for work. His bed is made neatly, and all his used clothes already placed in the laundry basket accordingly. Baekhyun is such a simple person and so as his bedroom. A medium size bed was placed in the centre with all white bedsheet around it, his study table has some book that he read, and his mini wardrobe was arranged nicely.

 

She then help him to place the mattress quilt layer before changing his bedsheet to a new one, in a white color as his favourite. Not only that, Dahee also got him a better pillow so that he can get a good sleep after coming back from his long day at the office. The promoter at the mall earlier suggested that this pillow come with nanotechnology that will help us to sleep better—she hope that it not just a marketing strategy that they came up with.

 

As she was about to put the new aromatherapy diffuser on his side table, she spotted the mini polaroid that they took together previously. She smiles at the thoughts that her boyfriend always thinking about her before he goes to sleep. Funny how the cold arrogant Byun Baekhyun that she chased during uni is actually such a romantic boyfriend. But of course, being a possessive and extra girlfriend she is, Dahee replace it with a new A4 frame of their photo together.

 

Dahee hummed with satisfaction when the fragrant from the diffuser finally kick in across the room. She sniffed again on his bedsheet before placing a mini pillow she got earlier on the middle of it. Baekhyun got the baby blue one with the other pair Dahee will keep it for her dorm. She giggled while looking into the pillow pattern; It has engraved with their joined name, ‘Baekhee’ and small white daisy to complete the design.

 

One last touch on the scented candles that she placed on his study table; she clapped her hands with so much proud on herself for all the efforts that she has made. All she hope is that Baekhyun to please with her little surprise. Not to forget the file that he want her to bring in, she quickly put it inside her tote bag before locking his door to leave his apartment.

 

 

From: Byul Dahee

11.30AM

Hey. I’m here with your file. I will be waiting for you at the café opposite of your office. Take your time, I won’t mind 😊

 

She clicked the send button and sipping her hot caramel latte that is almost finished. Not to rush her boyfriend who seems busy, Dahee decided to chill and spend more time in the café across his office building while patiently waiting for him to get his file. Waiting for him for almost more than 30 minutes since she arrived is not a big deal as she love the vibe at the café she is sitting at. She mentally take note to drop by to this café again if she come to the area.

 

There are people who rushing to get their takeaway coffee while some of them even have a small meeting on the coffee house; which reminds her that she is now surrounded in a foreign environment instead of her usual uni life environment. She always adore the working lifestyle in this busy city and that is one of the reasons why she cannot wait to graduate from uni.

 

The sight of everyone passionate on their works while balancing with their personal time, the glamourous attire they wear to office and fancy salary to spend for expensive drinks always excited her as she watched on the movies. Or maybe, Dahee is not aware enough there will be a lot of things to handle behind the glamour life of being an adult.

 

From: Byun Baekhyun

1.15PM

Oh my God Dahee! I just read your text. So sorry for keeping you waiting this long. I’m on my way now!

 

Dahee is still focus on her works that she barely noticed that Baekhyun is walking towards her. Still immersed in typing out the points for her assignment, she flinches when she felt a hand wrapped around her waist from behind. “Hey darling, relax. It just me”

 

“Sorry I’m late. I was in meeting earlier. You could have called me so that I will run to you the moment you are here. Sorry for making you wait my love” He apologized sincerely while planting a kiss on her cheek.

 

She smiles affectionately and pull her boyfriend hand to take a sit beside her. “No worries babe, I’m occupied with my assignments anyway. Plus, I don’t think it is appropriate to call you while you are working”

 

“My girl is just so polite and understanding, aren’t you?” He as she is getting blushed. “Sorry Dahee I was a bit busy earlier. But all settled and I think I can spend few hours with you today before going back to office at the evening. Do want to go anywhere?”

 

“It almost 2PM anyway, have you taken your lunch yet, Baekhyun? Are you not hungry?” She was so sure that her boyfriend might have skip his lunch considered that he just rushing back to meet her after his meeting ended.

 

“Starving baby, I think can eat the whole cow now” Baekhyun bluffing.

 

Baekhyun had dragged her to walk another 100 meters from the café just to get his favourite bibimbap on the stall that he always went to. Although he had told her how good the restaurant menu is, Dahee just smiles affectionately and go with his suggestion. Truthfully, she is not that hungry and was about to suggest him to get something light like Subway, but she pull back her intention as seeing his hungry boyfriend.

 

That is one of the things they had in common; tolerance of each other. Despite of their similar chatty, big mouth character, surprisingly they always talk to each other on how to work better on their relationship. They shared what they like, what they don’t and even when they can’t seem to agree with each other opinion, they will try their best to respect it.

 

Early on their relationship stage, Baekhyun always the one who worried most. He know how sometime his big mouth and cause some misunderstanding and the last thing he wanted to do is to hurt his girlfriend with his harsh words. But the boy grow softer as their relationship blooming and be more understanding, which made Dahee cherish him more than everything.

 

Byul Dahee would love everything about Byun Baekhyun. His sweet boxy smile, his eyes that full of affection, his lips, his fluffy hair, his laugh. Even when he just had a bowl of beef bibimbap, he looks so happy and for a while, stress-free from his busy works. Maybe he is just too hungry that he took a big spoon of the meal and almost choke on the red chili paste or he purposely doing that to make Dahee laugh on the other side of the table.

 

His humor and his weird face that he would made just because he want her to smile again, well, she do think that he is hilarious. Baekhyun is also can be annoying at times and the tendency the he makes her yell out of frustration while drives her crazy—he is out of his mind but then, Byun Baekhyun is everything she want.

 

“Baek—” She called him and passed her bowl of jajjangmyun towards him. “I don’t think I can finish it up”

 

He looks at her with his eyes squinted. “You barely ate half of the portion Dahee. Don’t you feel hungry?”

 

“I’m so full right now. Well, thanks to your roommates, they fed me with big breakfast when I bumped into them this morning” She explained while he hummed as acknowledgment. This might be new for Dahee but them boys, they are taking breakfast seriously.

 

“Ah. I forgot that they are coming to their office late today. Sorry for not informing you earlier baby. Anyway, did they tease you again today?” He laughed as he remembered last time how red Dahee was when they keep teasing her during her first time visit to their shared apartment.

 

She take a tissue and wipe of her boyfriend forehead that slowly form sweats due to the spiciness. Dahee removed some of his hair that cover her view from admiring her boyfriend face. When she think about the secret his best friends told her this morning, she giggles again. If only Baekhyun know that this time, they were digging out his secrets from the past. Maybe she might use it one day to blackmail him.

 

“Why are you laughing on yourself Dahee?” Baekhyun stop eating and focus back on his girlfriend.

 

She recomposes herself and shakes her head slightly trying to divert the conversation into new topic. She had promised them that she will seal off anyway. “Nothing serious baby. I was just thinking that what if I get fat one day because all we do on our date is eating nonstop”

 

Baekhyun chuckles, there is no way that she will get fat when he was the one who need to finish up her meals every time they went for a date. “Not a big deal darling. I guess we will just get fat together?”

 

“That is so sweet Baekhyun, but I cannot afford we both going to hospital because of obesity. Anyway, I was thinking if I should join you for gym too?” She replied.

 

“Okay hottest girl on earth listens here” Baekhyun put down his chopsticks and she knew that it will be a long nagging session from her boyfriend. “You already have a nice body portions which I can’t resist every time, why would you want to go to gym? Truthfully, I will support you if you wish to tone up your body to be more fit, but I did not like the idea of other ert guys in the gym checking out your hot body”

 

“Yah Baekhyun!” She slapped his arm when he is checking her out openly in public from head to toe while his lower lip. “Well, just thinking to get a ier body—” With that, Baekhyun had his eyes on her again almost immediately. “—for you. So baby, you will say no for that?”

 

He rethinks for awhile before saying, “You can go and train if only I go to the gym on the same session. Otherwise, let me just train you at my home”

 

She smirks and eyes him suspiciously, “And that is because you jealous, Baekhyun darling?”

 

“Obviously, my y darling”

 

 

It is not easy to convince her boyfriend jealous that it is absolutely means nothing to wear her favourite idol band t-shirt with her bias name written so big on it. It just a merchandise t-shirt that she sure a lot of fans have it in common but of course her boyfriend is being super ridiculous saying that she should not wearing another guy name proudly on her chest. Screw the organizer who design the merchandise t-shirt like that.

 

Baekhyun is a being absurd and argue with the person who bought the tickets for you before the concert started is not an ideal thing Dahee should do at this moment. Not to waste any of her precious time anymore, she just rolls her eyes and sigh in defeat when he put his over size hoodie over her favourite merchandise t-shirt. She swear that she wanted to punch his happy face when her bias name is no longer on her chest—that sound weird but that exactly what Mr Byun said.

 

Dahee has been pouted all the way to the concert venue and she would snap every time Baekhyun trying to bring back the same topic all over again; of which he pronounced her NCT bias name Jaedung instead of Jaehyun. Luckily, they went 2 hour earlier, and he managed to queue to buy the latest light stick for the tour for her girlfriend. That is the least thing Baekhyun can do to cheer her up again after the unnecessary drama he created earlier.

 

“Be careful baby” He spoke as they are passing the crowds to get to their seat. Her eyes fixed on the stage as she still could not believe that she was about to see her favourite idols in few minutes. Not really checking what is in front of them, she almost trip while walking. “Dahee! I told you to be careful is it”

 

She pouted and grip his hand tighter when they arrived at their destination and sit accordingly to their tickets. Dahee grins at her boyfriend, “Sorry I’m just excited!”

 

He just rolls his eyes. “So, which one is Jaedung?” As he pointed to the poster on the stage. The concert will start in few minutes.

“I told you his name is Jaehyun, Baek!” She pinched his arm lightly before points out to the correct person on the poster.  

 

The light went off which cut Baekhyun from rambling nonsense again and the curtain on the stage open to reveal the act. “Oh my God!” She screamed loudly when the concert started which made Baekhyun flinched a bit due to her sudden excitement.

 

Through out the concert he stopped for annoying for a moment, knowing how pissed she will be if he keep teasing her. Instead of that, all Baekhyun did is being a fanboy of her, which is now fangirling other idols on the stage. He took her photos enjoying the concert, film videos of her singing to their songs which he thought familiar (well that is because Dahee been putting up almost all NCT songs on her Spotify playlist).

 

She seems enjoyed much her time her and he is more than happy for that. Baekhyun himself used to be a student, in the same degress course too. He know well how stressful uni life can be and as he have some free time, he thought that this little gesture can at least bring joy to her girlfriend. She can be serious too on her studies despite of her laziness to go to classes—he just hope that this treat can be a way for her to de-stress.

 

He would enjoy the concert fully if he know the songs they were singing, but Baekhyun can’t even get it when the whole stadium start to harmonize the song. Getting bored through the night, he started to call her girlfriend for attention. “Dahee baby” As he tugged on her shirt a bit.

 

“Dahee—” He called.

 

“Darling—” He tried again.  

 

“Byul Da—” Baekhyun can’t even finish what he wanted to say when she suddenly pressed her lips on him and kissing him for a few seconds before pulling out abruptly.

 

That would make more annoyed than he already is, “You are too noisy Baekhyun. Let me enjoy my boys performance!” She whined.

 

“Excuse me, your—your what? I’m your only boy Byul Dahee!” One thing that she will never get bored is to annoy Baekhyun. Dahee then rolls her eyes and continue to enjoy the concert, completely ignoring her furious boyfriend.

 

As the concert passes 90 minutes of the show, it will be ended after few performances. Baekhyun lowkey waiting if the band will play some romantic song which can create a lovely mood so that his girlfriend will kiss him in front of everyone but his thoughts fall off when all his girlfriend do was singing and dancing and drooling (to her favorite Jaedung guy) all night long.

 

He had no idea how she can keep up with her energy but standing, jumping and screaming nonstop over the boys worry him a lot. Put aside of his ridiculous jealousy but Baekhyun is serious about how he afraid that Dahee will run out of her breath. Her asthma attack is his main concern right now seeing how she started to be gasped for air and now had difficulty to breath in.

 

The stadium that full of thousands of people and the crowd added to his concern list. Notice that her girlfriend show negative signs, he quickly pull her to the side away from their current seats. “Hey, are you okay?” He is close to call the standby paramedic at the venue she is getting worse but revoked his plan when she pointed her handbag.

 

“Look at me baby, breath” He passed her the inhaler and assist her to get steady back. She slowly recover with his sweet encouragement. “You are safe with me, so don’t worry and just keep breathing okay?”

 

She nodded when she finally calm down for her asthma attack and remove the inhaler. Baekhyun wiped off her sweats and kiss her forehead. “I’m here with you, don’t worry”

 

“Thank you, Baekhyun” Her voice low as her eyes glistened with tears that threaten to fall out. “I’m so sorry to troubles you baby” Dahee could not hold it anymore as she pressed her face on his chest and start sobbing.

 

It took him around 15 minutes to calm her down and telling her that she should have not apologies for something that not even her fault. Luckily Dahee prepared herself with the inhaler that she bought everywhere in case something like this happen. She is not in bad stages of asthma, but she do get it when once in awhile when her body cannot take it anymore.

 

The whole situation remind her again that the last time she had the attacks with him was when she still at the chasing phases to get Baekhyun as his boyfriend. Unlike last time, he is calmer and know how handle the situation better. Dahee remembered Harin told her excitedly that Baekhyun was the one who carried her all the way to uni infirmary in panic because she passed out.

 

Unfortunately, she had missed the encore of the concert while being away earlier during the attack. Baekhyun noticed that she somehow look sad as she missed out the last performance where they sing her favourite song, but she keep reassure him that she is okay. At least, she did not pass out because of her selfishness and troubles him more.

 

Baekhyun told her that she should just make a scene earlier so that her bias Jaehyun (he finally get his name right) and the rest of the band will notice her.  Of course, she nodded and be a dramatic fan right away by suggesting to her boyfriend, “Should I pretend to be sick this time?”

 

But still, it is a great experience that she able to attend the concert of her favourite idol band with her favourite guy ever. That made Baekhyun blushed as she keep telling him that no matter how handsome the band are and how she adore Jaehyun as her bias, Baekhyun is always her number one person that she never bored of.

 

Walking side by side with their hand intertwine, they leave the venue with so much happiness. Dahee, because she had witnessed her favourite idol performed and Baekhyun who get assurance that he should have not be insecure as his girlfriend already love him with her whole heart. Especially when all of sudden Dahee pull him to plant a kiss on his lips with her bias poster as the background, it was more than enough to made Baekhyun go haywire.   

 

“Hmm Baekhyun—” She cleared and broke the silences of the night as they are walking back home. Her voice is low as she is nervous to let her thoughts out.

 

“Yes baby?” Call her over exaggerating but Dahee will melt every time her boyfriend calls her like this with his pretty eyes looking at her affectionately.

 

Nevertheless, her nervousness did not fade out. As she still playing with her fingers, her boyfriend calls her name again and ask if she need anything. “I wonder if—if I can stay over at your place tonight?” She let out is one breath almost inaudible to his hearing. “Only if you don’t mind of course”

 

“My room is an open space for you baby. You can crash in whatever time you like. But please tell Harin that you not going back to dorm tonight okay?” Dahee quickly nodded and immediately send a text to her roommates to not get worried. 

 

She waited for 10 minutes before telling her boyfriend that she had informed Harin that she will not going back tonight. Of course, her naughty roommates had to replied her with sarcastic remarks like “Enjoy your night girl, spice up a bit but not to let out your wildest side yeah?”

 

“Do you have anything you want to do together later Dahee? Maybe playing games or movie night?” As he suggested.

 

“Well, I heard you kind of stress past few days is it—” It amazed Baekhyun how his cute girlfriend can suddenly change to flirtatious one in few minutes only. Her delicate hand starting to roam around his thigh which make him shiver and excited at the same time. “—So maybe I can help you to release your stress? Plus, you have been a very good boyfriend to me today”

 

“Oh--” His words stuck to his throat when he started to imagine things but interrupted when she suddenly stopped her action. “Oh my God, Byul Dahee you wicked witch”

 

 

 

 

A/N: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)