013

DARLING

Mm

 

Most of the final year students are now gathered together in the uni hall for the graduation ceremony to begin. The girls looking so pretty and the boys, looking exceptionally good today with their graduation robe and hat for their big day. Dahee yet to see Baekhyun, but she know well that he will look dashing with his black coat and leather shoes— Correction, Baekhyun does looks good all the time.

 

Even when it was not her graduation, Dahee still dressed very attentively, putting on her high-heeled shoes, a black pencil skirt and crisply ironed navy blue blouse just to attend the event. She have to look good for him, especially when there is a possibility for her to meet up his family; be well prepared is what she have to do.

 

As soon as she arrived to the venue, Dahee regret it immediately for wearing this 4 inch heels. It is graduation day and obviously there will be a lot of chances for her to standing in hours outside of the venue. As she have no invitation card that was specifically made for graduates families, she had to wait Baekhyun outside until he is done with the ceremony.

 

Dahee had never been this patient for anyone, even for her best friend or family, but she waited for him patiently with a bouquet of white baby breath that she arranged all by herself. It is one hella experiment as this is her first trial, but hey, effort do matter. All she hope is for her crush to like it. Baekhyun have to, after all, she made with so much love.

 

An hour after that, she finally spotted Baekhyun and his friends came out from the hall, which indicates that the ceremony have ended. Putting a best smiles on her face, she take one step approaching him. Her smiles faded away when all of sudden she saw that there are group of girls coming out to him and handed him various types of flowers bouquet and gift.

 

Was she upset? Maybe. Was she jealous? Obviously. Dahee might have forgot that Byun Baekhyun is one of the famous uni heartthrob— it wasn’t surprised that he have fangirls waiting in the line to take a photo with him on his graduation day. Looking back at the bouquet she hold, Dahee sighs, knowing that she might not be able to give him that. Giving up on that, she decided to take a seat on bench nearby.

 

On the other side, he was smiling when he finally spotted her. Baekhyun then come closer and tapped on her shoulder to broke her from the daydreaming, “Hi” He greet her while taking a seat beside her. “You came for me”

 

“It is a big day for you and since you have been expecting me to come, I guess I should have spend sometime for you” Her eyes move into his face and admiring his beauty. He does look even more better up close. “Congratulations on your graduation, Baekhyun”

 

“Thank you sweetheart, I really appreciated that you come here today. I really mean it” Baekhyun smiles never leave his face ever since Dahee came and that is obvious. Spotting the flower that she almost thrown earlier, he pointed it out. “Is that for me, Dahee?”

 

“N— no” She stuttered. “Someone left it behind”

 

Baekhyun chuckles and take the flower from the where it placed. “You know that you look extremely cute when you nervous for lying, right Miss Byul? Thanks, for this anyway” Baekhyun already kept the flowers into his arm and smelled it.

 

“Whatever— that is not mine” Dahee denied it continuously that it made Baekhyun wanted to even more.

 

“I saw you came with this while I was ‘busy’ earlier. I also can see how jealous you are when I had the girls all over me. But don’t worry love, I got my eyes on you only” He ended it with a flirtatious wink.

 

“Tsk. I’m not jealous!” She pouted. “Plus, you already got so many flowers, even the biggest one from the girls. You don’t need this small, cheap and ridiculous flowers bouquet that I made”

 

“Hey hey hey,” Baekhyun stopped her from saying nonsense by taking her hand into him. “This is amazing sweetheart and I really like it. I’m going to keep this only like I keep you inside my heart” If only he can see how blushing she is right now.

 

“You are freaking cheesy Baekhyun,stop it or I might regret coming to your graduation today” She warned, but Dahee can’t hide the smiles that was displayed on her face.

 

She relieved that Baekhyun decided not to pay attention on her only but meeting his other friends and family during the day. Graduation will always be a big day and honestly, if it was her, she would prefer to see her friends and taking photos as memories because we will never know if we will see our uni friends in future. She glad that Baekhyun know how to balance his attention well.

 

Dahee met Jongin and Jongdae, not to forget to congratulate them as the managed to complete their bachelor degree in flying colours. She just so proud when three of them managed to graduate with first class honours. Baekhyun also introduce her to Jongdae long time girlfriend and also Jongin possible girlfriend (Dahee was so sure that Harin will get heartbroken when she hear about this). They even suggested for triple dates— which a bit awkward for her to say yes.

 

While Baekhyun, he took as much photos as he can with Dahee. He did pays a lot to the hired photographer just to have a cute photos with her. It was only when his mother and brother came that he finally stopped. It was awkward and Dahee sure that her face has turned red for being too shy.

 

“Mom, this is Byul Dahee. Your future daughter in law” He said playfully while introducing her with his family.

 

Nervously, she quickly bow as respect to the elder while hoping that Baekhyun mother will at least have a good impression on her. “Hello, nice to meet you Mrs Byun” She waited for at least 30 seconds when his mother finally responded to her.

 

“Approved!” All of them were shocked when Mrs Byun suddenly said that. It was even surprised when she come closer and hug Dahee, with a full grin on her face. “I will definitely delighted to have you as my son girlfriend. Look at you so pretty!”

 

“Thanks— Mrs Byun” Dahee retuned the hug awkwardly.

 

Mrs Byun seems can’t stop admiring her, which made Dahee even more shy due to the compliments she received. She thought that his mother is really lovely and now she know where Baekhyun got playful  side, as his mother the bigger teaser when she started said how they would be a great couple together and how she can’t wait to for them to get married.

 

She even by saying, “I heard from my son that you confessed first to him!” Mrs Byun said it with excitement while Dahee immediately sent a death glares to Baekhyun and secretly pinch his waist for that.

 

“Oh! Don’t worry Dahee. I was doing the same thing during the time I tried to court Baekhyun dad, I was—“ Maybe, Mrs Byun was friendly that Baekhyun had to stopped her right there before she elaborate even further. “Mom, that is TMI!”

 

Taking that as a sign, Baekhyun brother that signalling his mother to stop and tell her that she supposed to give them private time. Baekhyun had never been this happy and agreed with his brother decision up until now. As long as he loves his family there with him, this poor boy just need his time with Dahee too.

 

“I’m sorry about my mom. We are close to each other so I kind of telling her everything” Baekhyun rub the back of his neck nervously, afraid that Dahee will be mad about that.

 

She shakes her head to give him assurance, “No worries Baek. I like your mom, she is funny and lovely”

 

“Anyway, I have promised you a date right? So, will you able to go out with me tonight?” He asked nervously.

 

“Definitely. I will go out with you Baekhyun” Baekhyun thought that he might have loss his confidence right there if she reject him, which he relieved that it did not happened. She then ask, “Where you will take me to?”

 

They stopped when they finally reached at the female dormitory complex. “It’s a secret, sweetheart” He smiles mischievously while signalling his eyes into the building for her to get in. “Dress comfortably and I will pickup you around 7”

 

“Dahee,” He stopped her on her tracks when he called out her name before parting apart. Luckily that she still there, “Yes, Baek?” She responded. Turning back into his direction, she furrowed her eyebrow waiting if Baekhyun had missed something to say earlier.

 

“I can’t wait for tonight”

 

 

It was the same, cliche scene that she had seen romantic movie, maybe not what she used to have with her douchebag ex boyfriend but it is similar to what she expected. On the time that he had promised her and being surprisingly punctual on their first real date, Baekhyun had waiting for her downstairs on the car park, looking handsome as ever with a bouquet of roses.

 

He wore a black jeans to pair with round neck white shirt that absolutely screaming boyfriend material so bad. He leaned on the black sedan which for sure wasn’t his, and running his fingers over his hair— Dahee was stunned for a good minute thinking if he is real, if this handsome guy is her date for tonight. And when he flash his smiles— Aww, she melted again.

 

Dahee had so many desires to jump on him and give him butterfly kisses but luckily she still had restriction on herself. She still need to control herself as she remind herself that she is not yet be his girlfriend. She wonder if he is going to ask her tonight. Composing herself back, she stood upright on her flat ballerina shoes greeting him at the first place when she arrived at the car park.

 

Baekhyun then complimented her for being so pretty with her cute floral top that she wear with her oversize jeans. At the same time giving her the red roses bouquet. He said that he should have give her during the day when everyone receiving the flowers but he said that it will not be special if she have the same as others. Dahee must have the best only, Baekhyun declared.

 

Being a gentleman he is, he open up the door for her, buckle her up with seatbelt before pressing the pedal on the gas to bring her out into the place that he had on mind. If only he know how her heart pounded all the times when they were in the car.

 

“I hope you like this cafe. Or please let me know if you want to go to any other place. I can bring you there” Baekhyun was so nervous that she will rejected his idea on a cosy date.

 

Dahee shakes her head in disagreement, “Don’t worry Baekhyun. This is wonderful. I like this kind of cafe. Luckily I didn’t overdressed. Thank you for bringing me here” She ended it with a sweet smile.

 

“My pleasure, love. I remembered that you love going to cute cafes like this. I do some searching and it stated that this place serves good desserts. He kind of proud when he saw how excited she was when she looking into the menu. “I heard they have amazing strawberry pavlova, which is your favourite”

 

“How— how come you know that you know that is my favourite?” Dahee asked curiously.

 

“I have my ways, sweetheart. I want to do everything that will make you happy. Not only for tonight, but for every moment you are with me” Her eyes is now glistening with tears, feeling overwhelmed that Baekhyun take his efforts like this.

 

It didn’t took much but only with a glass of vanilla milkshake and a slice of strawberry pavlova for Baekhyun to win over her heart. Maybe with a little flirting, like wiping off the cream on the corner of her lips or reaching out her hand to caressing her knuckles while say nothing but sweet words and never ending compliments, Baekhyun is almost there.

 

He then bring her out to see street performance which she loves most, but only stayed for 10 minutes before Baekhyun demand that it is enough. It was more into he can’t stand it when Dahee starting to compliment the performers vocals and looks. She thinks that it was cute when he pissed off like that. To win his attention back, Dahee agreed to leave and suggesting to walk on nearby park.

 

“Are you cold?” He asked while bringing her to sit on the bench. When she nodded as respond, Baekhyun quickly took their intertwined hand into his right pocket of his jacket.

 

Like a deja vu, it was exactly what they were doing when they went for a fake date back then. Dahee still can remembered the warmth that she felt when he hold her hand for the first time, how she her heart skipped a beat when he squeezed their hand together to keep her comfortable— it is the same Byun Baekhyun that she loved most.

 

Now knowing that there is no awkwardness in between them and how Baekhyun comfortable being with her, Dahee slowly leans her head into his shoulder, and wrapped her other hand into his arm. They were so close to each other and Dahee swear that she can felt that Baekhyun body was stiffed at the moment due to sudden movements.

 

“You are so warm, and comfy” Dahee confessed, now snuggling more into his hoodie sleeves.

 

“Are you feeling sleepy? You want to go back now?” He asked worriedly.

 

But luckily, she rejected the idea and demand to stay. “Let stay a bit, shall we?”

 

“I like this, you and me, cuddling together” Baekhyun turn his head slightly, landed a soft kiss on top the head. “I wish that I can do this with you always in future”

 

“Baekhyun—“ She whisper his name slowly as if she had the idea where this will continue.

 

“I like you being in my arms so that I can admire your beauty everyday. I like the idea of you running to me every time you feel like falling, because I will be at the end of road to catch you and tell you that everything will be fine”

 

He then added more, “I will tell you that I will give you the world because that is how you meant for me. You are my world and you only deserve the best. I want to be with you, create a memories that we will remember as we getting older, together”

 

Baekhyun then pull apart from her and turns to face her directly. Taking a long deep breath, he then continue. “ I swear I have thousands more reason why to add, but I really have to say that I really love you Dahee. Will you be my girlfriend?”

 

“Yes yes yes!” She jumped excitedly.

 

Baekhyun was feeling so relieved that she said yes and being so happy. He never saw this side of Dahee after he broke her heart on that day. He can’t described it more but to feel extremely happy that not only he have her as his girlfriend now, but he have the old Byul Dahee back.

 

His excitement slowly faded when he saw Dahee crying all of sudden and hug him tightly on his neck. Worried that his confession could gone wrong, he quickly ask her, “Hey, what’s wrong?”

 

“I thought you will never ask!” She sobbed into his chest refused to pull apart from him. “You had no idea how long I waited for that, you dumb ”

 

When she finally calmed, he pulled her apart and wiped her remaining tears using his knuckles. “I love you, sweetheart. Don’t cry, I will be here you for you. It’s getting chilly here, let’s go back okay?”

 

Baekhyun got up from the bench and pulling her as well to leave the park, but he was doing it alone as she was still sitting there and refused to go up. Dahee looks so confused while biting her nails. He waited for her to say something, but she was in the urge whether to let it out what was bothering her or not.

 

He stay there for another minutes, patiently waiting for his girlfriend to actually say something. At the same time, he was afraid that she will suddenly change her mind and regret her decision. When he heard nothing in a minute, Baekhyun then sit back on the bench and lift up her chin. Dahee had her head hanging low for a good 5 minutes. “Why? Do you have anything that bother you, Dahee?”

 

“You—“ She stuttered, at the same time feeling so nervous to let it out. “Why won’t you kiss me, Baekhyun?”

 

“What?—“ He was more into surprised for her question.

 

Dahee pouted even more thinking that she must have wrongly slipped out the words. “It just— normally they will kiss their girlfriend immediately after they confess, so I—“

 

“Oh, my love, you don’t need to ask that” He grins widely before taking her into a sweet but passionate kiss that they both waiting for.

 

 

The entire ride was loud, but it is comfy as they both singing to the song that are playing on the radio, enjoying the night ride. It was Baekhyun suggestion to go on that night adventure, he was saying that his brother, Baekbom is giving him his car access for the whole day as today is Baekhyun graduation day (it is kind of small gift from his brother) and he want to make use of it.

 

They are getting comfortable and completely eliminates all the awkwardness between them. Maybe because they are already friends with each other and know each other playful side, there is no issue when one of them throwing a lame jokes and laugh to each other wholeheartedly. Or maybe, they are just too in love with each other.

 

“I don’t know that my girlfriend is such a kiss maniac” He . Even when he mentioned girlfriend only already made her blushing so bad. Dahee not sure how long she can handle his flirtatious side.

 

Dahee strongly denied, “N—no I’m not!”

 

“Uh— uh you are to me” And obviously Baekhyun will not let it go.

 

“You are making up stories Baek! You are the one who keep kissing me and—“ She blushing again when she remembered earlier scene.

 

Baekhyun glares at her playfully, “So now you going to argue with me?”

 

“You are the one who start it!” If they friends listening to this, surely they will say that this is the exact way the fight with each other back then.

 

“Is this our first fight as couple? How should I do with you if you are mad like this?” He asked. Half serious, half in teasing mood.

 

“I don’t know—“ She pouted. Baekhyun found it so cute when she turns all 360 degrees from her usual grumpy self. “Maybe— you can— k—kiss me?” Dahee stuttered as being too shy.

 

“Argh!” He shouted all of sudden which made Dahee worried. But her face changes when he add, “Ah you are so cute!”

 

They both laughed it off as they drive off on their night adventure. Dahee asked him if they could spend more times together and Baekhyun immediately suggest for a night drive. The entire ride has become more silent as she getting sleepy, but still hold up as to not let her boyfriend drive alone. He had promised her that she would love the place that he will bring her soon.

 

She had no idea the unplanned destination that he had in his mind so she just sat there staring out of the window curiously with her hand resting on her thigh. Once awhile steal a glance on Baekhyun, wiggling her eyebrows to see if she can let him know where he will take it to. It was only 12.15am so it was dark outside, but feeling excited to spend it with her boyfriend, lit her up excitement.

 

Finally, they arrived to the base of the place, which she only know that he is bringing her to the beach. Knowing it was only 45 minutes drive to the spot. Dahee smiles in joy as Baekhyun park the car in on the open parking. She opened up the door and shivering when she felt light chill on her exposed skin, her boyfriend feeling the same.

 

“I love it!” She said to Baekhyun in smiles and muttering “I knew you will love it” he replies leaning down and gently kiss her on her forehead before taking her hand to stroll around the beach. The feelings— Immediately spark start to fly that she swear she can feel her body ignite. She had never been so sure in her life, but she know that he is the one for her.

 

They went into the spot that close to the beach, getting calmer with sound of waves. She lean into his chest while he put his arm around her. The stars shine bright in sky above them now they were in a good distance from the busy Seoul city. There are a big wood can be seated, which they both decided to sit together hand in hand talking and comforting each other.

 

"Baekhyun," She say his name so he looks at her of curiosity of what she would be planning to say.

 

"Can we— can we stay together, tonight? I don’t want to go back yet" Baekhyun sighs knowing that this was to come.

 

"Alright Dahee. If it's for you I can never say no” He responds holding out his hand so that she can intertwine it.

 

"Good to know" She told him with a smile as she look into his eyes. But something was bothering her and Baekhyun was quick to noticed it.

 

“Are you okay?” He asked out of concern.

 

Dahee sighs. “It just knocked out my sense and remind me that after this I will no longer see you in uni”

 

“We are together now Dahee, I’m sure that we will figure out a way so that so we can see each other often” He said calmly, as a promise that they can work out the barrier of their relationship.

 

“You will not forget me, right? You will still be with me as my boyfriend?” She asked the obvious question, just to make sure that Baekhyun have the same answer as what she expected. “Because I swear I will hunt you down if you cheat on me or—“

 

Baekhyun interrupted her by stole a soft kiss from her lips. "You talk to much that I need to give you surprise attack" He said.

 

Two can play the game. Dahee then leaned down and kissed him back, lingering on him, teeth grazing his lower lip, making his shiver at her unexpected move. Smirking, she say, "Surprise attack back, darling”

 

"You little sneaky" He said playfully. But then, again, he looks into her eyes and be all serious again before clearing his throat. "Of course I will still be your boyfriend. I must admit that you've got me wrapped tightly around your little finger” Baekhyun admits.

 

"It's the same on my part Baek" She confessed, they both are still hand in hand so Baekhyun raises her knuckles to his lips and gives them a feather like kiss, one that won't easily be forgotten.

 

"That makes me happy to hear love” He turned to look into her eyes that were most beautiful shades he ever seen. “Now, shall we?" Baekhyun bops her nose and standing up walking to the car, she follows on behind.

 

As they reached his car, sleepiness finally appears again. Baekhyun then leads her to her spot in the back seat of his car and holds her close to cuddle with the love of his life as she drift off into sleep. In her fuzzy state, Dahee still can feel him kiss her forehead and small smiles appear on her face.

 

They may have not open up much yet, but both of them know that this is what they looking for in future, together.

 

 

 

 

 

 

UPVOTE! UPVOTE IF YOU LOVE BYUN BAEKHYUN!

 

 

 

 

A/N: this is not the end so please stay tuned. I have few more chapters for this story and as i love this ship so much, I will put more fluffy and sweet scenes in next next chapters.

 

Unlike my previous stories, this will be more less drama plots but I will put some surprise in between. Do comment if you have any idea/improvement for the growth of the characters.

 

Till then, stay safe everyone  ❤️