012

DARLING

Ll

 

Life’s good so far Baekhyun, at least that is what really makes him happy these days. He confessed his true feelings towards Dahee, no more longer hiding behind the mask that he has kept on for months. What he need to do now is just to pray that she will like him back and accept his proposal to be his girlfriend.

 

Baekhyun doesn’t want to put a lot of pressure on the girl but he really hope that she can actually consider back her feelings towards him. He thought that it such a waste that he didn’t realised her precious loves for him back then, but Baekhyun hopes that he will have the chances to feel it again.

 

He want her to love him as much as he does (Or less because he have too much loves for the girl that he can’t even explain it). Byun Baekhyun, he used to be the ignorant boyfriend in his past relationship. He only care about their his world and ignoring his girlfriend needs. He was so used to received all loves from his girlfriend that he took them for granted.

 

Was it two months? Or three was the longest? He can’t really remember how long it lasted when he was in relationship in high school and uni but he clearly remembered that he wasn’t the one who harbour feelings it. Most of his ex girlfriends confessed to him first and he accepted without thinking much. It's something that made their relationships not last for a very long time.

 

But when Dahee comes and knock his sense back to his life, he realised that he have a lot of things that he need to learn when it comes to girl and love. Back then Baekhyun felt so cringed when his friends talking about this topic, saying that he wasn’t that interested as he want to enjoy his teenage life. But again, Dahee came and changed it.

 

He is natural when it comes to flirting, but still, Baekhyun thinks that all must be perfect as he really want her to be part of his life. So he took some advise from his roommates, Jongdae help him a lot as he is the one who currently in a relationship and 3 years of dating experience with his girlfriend could really help the clueless Baekhyun while Jongin provides him some tips on how to melt Dahee heart with his sweetness.

 

They are his roommates and best friends, so that are not that worst when it comes to every time he speaks about Dahee. They would have understand his situation. But Oh Sehun, Baekhyun colleague at the cafe that they work together, will find a possible way to made fun of him in every single way.

 

He found it funny how Baekhyun will secretly watching their senior made a cake, even jotted down its recipes to re-create it later. Sehun thought it was ridiculous as in reality, Baekhyun don’t even know how to differentiate between salted and unsalted butter for pastries.

 

Instead of making himself like a fool, Baekhyun at last took Sehun advise by not making it on his own but to just buy her favourite cakes or dessert that obviously, will taste better. Sehun even encourages him by saying that Baekhyun no need to try that hard as he confirm that Dahee would eventually fall for him without any doubts.

 

Baekhyun just need to be himself and trying to win her heart by being Byun Baekhyun that she used to crush before. He still the same cool, handsomely senior that admirers by most of girls in the uni, but now, he subtly telling them that he only interested in one girl. They not even surprised that these days they keep seeing Baekhyun with two cups of coffee and ready-to-go breakfast on his hand while waiting someone outside of the female dormitory.

 

“Good morning, Dahee” Baekhyun greet her with a sweet smiles plastered on his face when she approached him. She didn’t even need to ask why he was there anymore.

 

She returned back the smiles and bid him a good morning, not to be rude in the morning. “I told you that you don’t have to walk me to class every morning Baekhyun”

 

“But I still want to. I get you egg mayo sandwich this time. Sorry about last time. I swear that I will remember forever that you can’t eat it it” Baekhyun said guilty as remembered last time. He bought her tuna sandwich and too bad she can’t eat tuna because of her allergies.

 

“Promise me this will be the last time, can you?” She asked him and Baekhyun nodded, as he don’t want to make her uncomfortable. “I don’t want to trouble you Baekhyun. Don’t you even have morning class?”

 

“You never troubles me sweetheart. Ah! We have the same morning class today! Let’s go together” He chirps happily while linking their arm together. Funny how their roles has been reverse and Dahee was the one who with blushing cheeks nowadays.

 

“I’m not a little kid Baekhyun, I can walk on my own” Dahee shakes her head as he keep insisting for him walk on her right hand side, closer to road.

 

“I have to keep you safe, Dahee” He grins.

 

At this moment, she is feeling more embarrassing instead of annoying. “You are ridiculous, you know what, I’m leaving you!”

 

She stormed off her feet and fasten her steps to walk forward leaving him behind. Baekhyun pouted immediately when he couldn’t hold into her, but his eyes widen when he saw incoming car that drives in such a fast speed. Automatically, he screams to get her attention, “Dahee watch out!”

 

She gasped as she can feel the splashing water on her dress. “Oh !” She muttered angrily towards the driver. “This is uni area why the hell you driving so fast!” She was shouting, but nobody can heard her besides Baekhyun as the driver has gone out of their sight.

 

Baekhyun hurriedly jogged to see her. “Are you okay?” He asked. When he scanned that nothing bad happened to Dahee, he then let out a relived sigh.

 

“See, this is why I want you to walk with me Dahee. I could have save you from this earlier—“ His voice shaking, as Baekhyun tried to cover his laughter.

 

“I hate you Baekhyun!” Dahee scrunched her nose as Baekhyun being so annoying right now.

 

“But I like you?” He said teasing. Amazing how he can still laughing despite the glares that she sent. “Okay sweetheart, I’m sorry. It’s not your fault. The car should not even drive within this area. Oh wait no, all cars in the whole world should not be in my queen way”

 

“Stop it! Byun. Freaking. Baekhyun!”

 

If Dahee had not known about his playful sides, she surely thought that Baekhyun was playing a revenge game on her now. A sweet revenge if she could name it. Now that few days passed from the night where Baekhyun confessed his true feelings towards her, she swear that her life has turned all 360 because of the guy name Byun Baekhyun.

 

This could be how he felt all along when she used to be playful and bold and shamelessly flirting with him before everything happened back then. This could be how he felt every time she tried making the almighty Byun Baekhyun flustered due to her unexpected acts.

 

But then, if this is a game that he played, she would lost all the way from the beginning. Baekhyun was throwing all flirty cards he have that Dahee sometimes thoughts that she would eventually die because her heart can’t take it anymore. At the same she felt proud for not raising up white flag to soon as she defeated in Baekhyun dangerous love game.

 

Baekhyun has suggested for her to return back to her dorm to change clothes or even skip the class. He would even sign the attendance for her. Hell, he would even do everything for her. Dahee rejected as she still want to go her favourite class. But she regretted as soon as she comes to the class and have everyone attentions.

 

“What happened to you Miss Byul? And you, Mr Byun?” Their professor asked in concern.

 

Baekhyun smiles at their lecturer to assure him that nothing happened. But at the same time took off his sweater to wrap it around Dahee shoulders. The class was in awe when he did the small gestures, some of students even whispering among them. Baekhyun pretty sure that even his professor ship them now.

 

“Little accident, Prof. She’s okay now don’t worry. I will always take care of her” Dahee swear that she can see his smirk that was hidden under his pretty smiles.

 

 

Dahee anxiously tapping on her mobile phone as she waiting for it to pop up with notifications. Specifically from her favourite person. It was big changes as she will always silent her phone as to not disturb her to study or sleep during night.

 

Nowadays on night, it will be almost impossible to see her to be apart from that gadget, except when she went to the washroom (but she still had her smart watch on her wristband to alert her if she will got messages).

 

Baekhyun had come to the level where he will either text her, or calling her on every night. On a rare chances he will even FaceTime her which Dahee always rejected. He always by saying that it will be too bad because he had missed her so much. Even when they just saw each other during the day.

 

Her excuse will be the same. She said that he had seen her faces almost everyday that there is no need to video call her, but she obviously lying as she could not put her racing heart in risk anymore. Seeing his handsome face in night with his comfy sleepwear and messy hair? That will be the dead night of Byul Dahee.

 

15 minutes passed from normal time where he would usually texts her, but still nothing. She waited for another minutes and as she hope, her phone lit up. But soon her roommates heard that she swearing bad words over the phone.

 

It was Han text instead, her sister was asking if she could lend her dress in her wardrobe in their family home in Jeju. Dahee almost going nuts and throw her phone on the bed when she received another text message.

 

From: Byun Baekhyun

Are you sleeping yet? If not, can I call you?

 

To: Byun Baekhyun

I’m wearing my mask now. I guess I can spare you 20 minutes maybe?

 

Baekhyun did not wait longer but to pressed on the dial out button immediately after received her text message. He clear his throat before starting conversation. “Hello, Dahee” He spoke.

 

“Hello Baekhyun. Why are you calling me? Aren’t you busy now? Shouldn’t you be more busy with your final year project? Huh?” She said it in one breath that made Baekhyun laughing on the other line. He must have spotted how nervous she was.

 

“Hey, hey, slow down darling. I’m afraid that you will need your inhaler later” He teased. “I have some free time and I just want to listen to your voices. What are you doing now Dahee? Thinking of me?”

 

She rolls her eyes even though he can’t see her. “Why would I thinking of you? You looks like a troll. It will be nightmare if I thinking about it”

 

“Excuse me?” If anything, Baekhyun would be triggered if someone would not recognise his handsomeness.

 

“Dahee darling,” He called her as the exact name he saved her number in his contact list. “Don’t you know that this face can even be idol? I can even sing you a lullaby song right now if you want. But I guess I can’t do that right? I’m afraid that you can’t go to sleep after hearing me singing”

 

“Please. No” She said sternly even deeply how Dahee wanted to listen to his sweet voices all the time. “Why should I flustered  listening to you? I’m on playing-hard-to-get phase, remember Mr Byun?”

 

That cost him a good laugh. “You are cute, Dahee. I can’t wait—“

 

“For what?” She asked curiously.

 

“To have you as my girlfriend. I swear I will put you in my pocket and carry you everywhere” Baekhyun said sweetly.

 

All of sudden she got the idea to extend the conversation on that topic. “Baekhyun, I have a question for you. Why you want me to be your girlfriend?”

 

“Well, I have thousands reasons but that I need to keep it for myself. For now, I would say that my life will surely complete with you as my girlfriend. You have all what I need, Dahee. I really meant it” Baekhyun said sincerely.

 

What Baekhyun didn’t know is how she giggles secretly under her pillow. But again, her voice remains calm, “That is too cheesy, Baekhyun. I’m hanging up, I want to sleep”

 

Baekhyun on the line, let out a soft sigh as it was too soon for them to drop the call. Still, he wish her goodnight, “Rest well, love. Please come to my dream so that I can sleep better”

 

“Goodnight, Baek” After so long, Baekhyun can hear his nickname coming out from his favourite person again.

 

Dahee squeals like a thirteen years old teenager who just met her favourite kpop idol. Her squeals are getting loud when another notification pop up on her mobile. This time, she received a text message with a photo attachment on it. Eager to see what he sent over the text, it was photo of Baekhyun selfie with a little caption, Good night my favourite star, Byul Dahee.

 

“So cute” Dahee said loudly out of her concern. She then received stares from her roommates across the room.

 

“So you’re not done with torturing him?” Harin asked as Dahee lock her phone screen.

 

Dahee shrugged her shoulders. “I wasn’t trying to torture him”

 

“Right. Because you are torturing yourself too” Harin said nonchalantly.

 

“I don’t know how long should I do this Harin. I just want to see his efforts. I remembered that you said we should be with a boy that love us more than we love him—“

 

“— because naturally girl, we tends to love them with all our heart” Harin interrupt her and nodded in agreement. “Does it work? And what if he decided that he should have give up and find someone else?”

 

Dahee hate how Harin so relatable and so wise in giving her advice. She always know on how to set her on reality instead of being in her dreamy bubble. Nevertheless, Dahee answer her, “Well, if he really likes me, I guess Baekhyun should have wait right? And not to mention how long I waited for him!”

 

“That’s my bestie!” Harin hyped her for being a strong girl. She knew how she much she likes Baekhyun and how Dahee secretly just want to accept him. But she playing hard to get as to make sure that time, she wasn’t alone who make efforts.

 

 

The following week right after the weekend, Dahee was started to think again on what Harin had told her that night. What if he decided that he should have give up? What if Baekhyun find someone else? Did she just lost her chances? All of the thoughts suddenly play on her mind that made her restless.

 

That is because she had not seen Baekhyun anywhere in the faculty and not receiving any text messages from him on the weekend. She waited for the next day to observe if he would show up as usual, but no luck as the result still the same. Baekhyun was missing all of sudden.

 

Even though they did not share all classes together as they both on different years, but they would usually meet up between passing period to walk to their next classes together, but, Baekhyun didn't show up. As she was walking down the hall to her next class, she was thinking if she should have ask his best friends or not.

 

As she was thinking the possibility of how embarrassing is that to ask Baekhyun friends directly about him, Harin show her one of their senior post on instagram. Dahee found out from her that most of the final year students have a camping session on weekend till yesterday. It suddenly clicked that Dahee not even see Jongin and Jongdae around uni. All of sudden she felt so stupid to worried for nothing.

 

“Can I sit with you, ladies?” All of sudden the large cafeteria felt so small when familiar voice interrupted their conversation during the lunch.

 

“—Hmm y— yes” Dahee stuttered.

 

Harin had hide her laughters as she saw how shocked Dahee was when Baekhyun appear out of nowhere with his lunch tray to join on the table. At least she relieved that she doesn’t need to worry about her roommates getting dumped again with the same guy.

 

She already had trust issue with Baekhyun when he rejected Dahee harshly previously. But being a supportive friend and as she have a quick sense to analyse the situation between them, Harin quickly excuse herself from that table to leave them both alone.

 

“Harin! Where are you—“ Dahee can’t even finished her words when her bestie abruptly leaving her with Baekhyun. She swear that she will confront Harin later when she’s back into the dorm.

 

Awkwardly, Dahee trying to eat her lunch faster that almost made he choked. Baekhyun quickly open up his bottle water and pass it to her, “Are you okay? Eat slowly Dahee, you will get indigestion later”

 

She nodded as she felt better now. However, the redness on her cheeks obviously proved that Dahee was not entirely okay with Baekhyun being in front of her. Trying to ease the awkwardness, she prompt for a conversation. “Where is your friends? They’re not here?”

 

Baekhyun hold on the tissue and wipe out the leftover sauce that Dahee had on the corner of her lips. “They are too tired coming back from the camping. I’m alone and have no one to sit with at lunch so I sat at your table. You okay with that, right?”

 

“Of course, I am. It just a lunch Baekhyun and this is an open place. Everyone can take the seat you have now” Dahee trying to play cool.

 

“Really Dahee? But I saw how your friend are not so subtly kicking you under the table. You know that she was loudly whispering that your-crush-has-shown-up and oh my god!” He gasped. “I have never seen you this red by the way”

 

“Baek!” She gritted her teeth.

 

Baekhyun always found her cute being all grumpy that he just want to all the time. But never without fail, he would always apologise after that. He then take the tangerine he had on his lunch tray and give it to her. While Dahee eyeing him suspiciously, Baekhyun take it back which made Dahee even more suspicious.

 

Not to seems more creepy that he already is, Baekhyun quickly peel it off for her before giving it back to Dahee. It was one of the moment that she thought, wow, what a gentleman Baekhyun is. But as she don’t want to look so whipped over him, she just keep her expressionless face and thanks him.

 

They both went silent after that. It was quiet but no more awkward. Dahee was taking her sweet times eating the tangerine she got from Baekhyun, and he is finishing his lunch. He was trying to increase his pace as Baekhyun feel bad for the girl to wait for him, but she assured him that she is okay and he should enjoy his meal or he will get indigestion later, obviously mocked on his advice earlier.

 

“I’m sorry that I didn’t text or call you over weekend. I didn’t managed to inform you about the camping stuff as there were no reception over the base” Baekhyun suddenly bring up the topic as if he understood her concern earlier.

 

“I’m so close to file a police report for your sudden missing, Baekhyun” She dramatically said.

 

“Funny now, aren’t you my Dahee?” Baekhyun once again defeat her as he reach to bob her nose while calling her as his Dahee. “I hope you missed me as much as I missed you”

 

She shakes her head as protest. “Being delusional is not good for your health Mr Baekhyun”

 

As she was done with all her classes and Baekhyun who actually free for the whole day (he just came to uni to meet Dahee), they walked back together to the dorm after they done with the lunch. Dahee politely reject it as she understands that he might too tired from the camping. But being a stubborn protective person, he insists to accompany her.

 

She may not yet expressed it openly to him, but Dahee always felt so grateful and overwhelmed over his acts all the time. Baekhyun always made her felt safe and most importantly comfortable everything they go out together. He will pause one of his large step and wait for Dahee just to have the same pace with her, and made sure to sent her until the dormitory main door before he go back.

 

Few more blocks before arriving the female dormitory blocks, Baekhyun then clear his throat to ask her questions. “Dahee” He called out. She looks up into him and waiting for Baekhyun to continue. “Are you free on next Saturday?”

 

“Let me check” She pull out her mobile phone to check the date and if she have any plans on that day. Confirming that she have nothing on her calendar so far, she nodded. “I think I might be free on that day. Why?”

 

“Please, if you do, I hope you can come to my graduation day” He propose for the idea. Baekhyun then scratch the back of his neck shyly. “And I thought about— I want to take you for a date”

 

“Date?” To be honest, Dahee didn’t expect that at all.

 

“Remember when we went for a date when your sister comes to Seoul last time? You asked me out for real and I didn’t have time for dating between a full time course load and my job at that time so I abruptly rejected the idea. I know it has been months later but I would really like to take you up on that date”

 

“But a date, on the graduation day itself?” She pouted as Dahee mistakenly took that he only want to spend time with her during the event.

 

Baekhyun smiles while shaking his head. “I will bring you out after that, darling. But I hope you can come to my graduation day as it is such a meaningful day for me. You are my special guest, it will be more great if I can have you to come”

 

He dropped a kiss on her crown and nervously say, “And I hope that I can get your answer by that day because I can’t wait for you to be mine”

 

 

 

 

 

Upvote upvote upvote if you haven’t!

 

 

A/n: Sorry for the delayed update. Was so busy with work. Working from home during this pandemic is so hard yknow :(