007

DARLING

Gg

 

Going back and forth over their tiny dorm room, Dahee had done it more than 15 minutes that it started to annoyed her roommate, Harin. It wasn’t a big issue, not even related to her studies or her family, but still it made Dahee thinking a lot. Like, a lot.

 

With her loose baby pink tshirt and her pajama short and not to mention her messy just-woke-up hair, she stands over the window and sighs again. Once in awhile she will take a look on her phone, to see if she receive a reply from particular someone.

 

It was all stupid and childish and the next thing she remembered is waking up from hangover of last night event. Screw Harin for inviting her for party session at the club around Itaewon, screw Harin for making her taking shots more than she can take, screw Harin for making her a dare to text Baekhyun out of nowhere last night.

 

Dahee hates going out for drinks so much. Firstly; because she can’t resist to take shots more than she capable of. Secondly; she knew that she will end up doing something that she will regret on the morning and, lastly; she will be wasted so bad.

 

She has been biting her nails out of nervousness, still rubbing her hairs to make it more messy than it already is. Harin was just there, sitting on her roommate bed, dumbfounded with all her actions since morning. It even shocked her when Dahee suddenly screaming, “OMG! He replied me!”

 

From: Byun Baekhyun

You troubled me so much last night Dahee

 

From: Byun Baekhyun

But I don’t want you to disturb me even more saying that you’re indebted with me

 

From: Byun Baekhyun

So, yeah you are forgiven. Just—

 

From: Byun Baekhyun

Don’t get wasted again, you are not that light to carry tho

 
Super embarrassed, that is what she felt when she recalled again last night event.

 

“Dahee, come on, that’s enough” As Baekhyun dragged her out of the party. “Let’s go out”

 

Her head was about to explode of the pain from the drinking and the loud music inside the club didn’t help it at all. “Mister wait!” She pushed him away and kneeled down to sat on the ground at the entrance.

 

“What are you doing Dahee?” Baekhyun eyes widen. “Get up, I’m bringing you home”

 

Her drunken state can’t even recognised her crush face, “I’m waiting for Baekhyun to pick me up. I texted him already” She pouted even more.

 

“Oh God, what now” Baekhyun asked, slightly annoyed. “I’m here Dahee! Look at my handsome face, it’s me, Byun Baekhyun!”

 

“Ahh— boy your cockiness it is so like him“ She hummed when she opened up her eyes to see him better. “Baekhyun! It’s really you!” Dahee yelled, standing up and jumping to hug on him tightly.

 

Baekhyun did nothing but freeze when she hugged him. Nevertheless, he dropped his arm over her shoulder to help her walk better. “Wait,” Dahee then stopped and took her heels off. She almost throw her expensive and the only LV heels she got, luckily, Baekhyun being gentleman pick it up again. “My feet so hurt right now”

 

That is the limit for his patience, all of sudden he gave her the heels and kneeled down on the street with his back facing her. Like a cool shining armour, he cooly offer, “Get on my back”

 

They had no idea how he agreed on the whole thing but Harin did really amazed with the fact that he did come 30 minutes after she sent out the text message last night. Only God know how furious his expression was when he reached there.

 

In the span of 30 minutes only Dahee had been so wasted and completely drunk (she was still half sober when Harin dared her to text Baekhyun). Most probably spent her times being upset with the thought that he will never come, no, she never expect him to come in any situation.

 

But Baekhyun did. Even when he had to stop his ongoing PUBG game with Jongin, but he still come. It just so heartwarming when he willingly coming to the crowded street of Itaewon, dragged the hell out of her from the club and even carried her back to the dorm.

 

How can Dahee not falling more for him? It also one of a rarest day Harin ever seen her going to uni earlier than her class, she did some makeup and even curled her hair. When she was asked, Dahee proudly announced that she want to come early to meet him. That crazy girl.

 

“Hi cutie!” Dahee plopped herself to sit on bench opposite of him. She had spotted the boy when she reaches the cafe.

 

“You are literally everywhere” He sigh, but still had his eyes focus on his meals. “Why can’t you just sit still, but away from me?”

 

“Of course, I have to be close with you,” She took his orange juice bottle and open up the lid for him. “Or else I will miss you, Mr Baekhyun”

 

“Jeez. Anyway,” He paused. “I heard that Taeyong kid had move on from liking you. Too bad, he should have realised that he made a wrong choice when he started at first, earlier” Baekhyun .

 

“What do you mean?” Dahee asked curiously.

 

“It just—“ He shrugged. “He can choose someone prettier”

 

She glared at him, “You are so mean, you know that?”

 

“But really, it means that you are no longer popular, missy” He stuck out his tongue to annoyed her even more.

 

“Why it bothers you Baek?” Dahee play along as she leans closer. “You want to test your line?”

 

“Ugh— You wish” He scoffed.

 

“Darling, I’ll be yours forever, just tell me when to start” She winked and left him.

 

 

It was the day of Computer Science and Technology faculty charity explore race day and gladly, they were all in the same team for the race. Technically, they were not. But of course, being a sneaky person she is, Dahee make sure that she have to be in the same team as Baekhyun.

 

Not to be that obvious, she also made sure Harin, her bestie was tagged along in team with Baekhyun, Jongdae and Jongin. It’s obvious that Harin had a major crush on Jongin, and she definitely will be agreed to Dahee idea. What can be more fun than spending beautiful Saturday morning to see those handsome guys?

 

As they were consisting of 5 persons, Harin volunteer herself to be the representative of the group and stayed at the main checkpoint alone while the rest of them will collect clues from multiple checkpoints. While the other two guys think that Dahee presence help them a lot in solving riddles to get the clue, Baekhyun on the other side felt betrayed; as obviously, they depending on her more than him.

 

But too bad the luck wasn’t on their side when suddenly Jongin fell down and hurt his ankles during the game. Baekhyun and Jongdae had worries all over their faces as they knew, how bad it would be. Jongin is an active dancer in their uni dancing club and this is not the first time he got hurt.

 

Luckily, Dahee was quick in analysing the situation and immediately ask them to bring him to the infirmary to get treatment. Jongdae nodded as he decided to be the one to bring his friend. Realising that they are still in the game, he muttered to Baekhyun, “You stay and complete the explore race”

 

“Why are you guys leaving me with this, woman?” Baekhyun whinnied and emphasised the reason why he needs to stuck with his partner.

 

“Jongin can’t simply go to the infirmary, alone aren’t he?” Now it’s time for Jongdae to be rational. “Listen to me and just be nice to Dahee can you? Plus, I trust her more to win this game instead of you”

 

“Yah! Jongdae—“ He wanted to protest more but too bad his friends already leaving the place.

 

She rolled her eyes annoyingly and drag his arm for them to move and continue to game, “You listened to your friend, right? Now, don’t be a child and let just get along”

 

“I’m not going to listen to you” He insisted. “I’m the only man here, I should be the one to lead the team”

 

Dahee facepalmed. “But you are a loser, Baekhyun. Ugh!—“ She went into his back side and push him to walk. “I would love to call you baby and treat like one, but not today, mister. So please listen to me!”

 

Luckily it only left two checkpoint before they completed the race, or else, Dahee need to call it quit as she can’t stand him alone. She know how competent he is especially for this kind of thing, but he don’t need to be a jerk and bossy her around.

 

When she guided them for a clue, he refused to listen. When she suggest for solution, he said that it won’t work. At the end of it, they have wasted more times than they intended to. Too bad, the team can’t move to the next checkpoint if they can’t solve it. More than 3 attempts and failed; they will be freeze 30 minutes before able to try again.

 

Now that they have to stay there longer, all regrets coming to him as he will need to stay more with Dahee. “I should have listened to you” Baekhyun suddenly admit that all of this due to his stubborn.

 

She shrugged, not really into bringing the topic back. “Yeah, yeah I told you” Dahee just sit there under the tree with Baekhyun as they saw team by team passing them as they complete their task.

 

“Dahee,” He called.

 

“Actually, I always wonder, like, what made you like me so much?” He asked curiously. “You know, I’m not particularly good to you”

 

“Well, just because—“

 

“Because?” Dahee want to escape the question but Baekhyun seems can’t get over it.

 

“To be honest, I don’t have answer for that Baekhyun. It just, in a moment, I saw you and you captivate me so much that at the moment I stopped and said, I like this guy”

 

She then added, “During that time, I wasn’t really think if you already have anyone or if you will reciprocate my feelings, it just, I like you”

 

“Thanks” He muttered shyly. “I guess? Yeah, thanks for liking someone like me”

 

It was one silly act and the next moment Baekhyun caught blushing upon receiving a kiss on his left cheek. She then shamelessly smiles at him, like nothing happened and said, “Most welcome, Byun Baekhyun”

 

Giving someone a kiss which speaks louder than anything else is never the first one. It wasn't that long, and it certainly wasn't the kind of kiss we see in movies these days, but it was wonderful in its own way. At least, for Byul Dahee.

 

She wonders, how is Baekhyun right now? Despite his face has gone red and all, she still curious what her crush feels about the kiss. Does his heart beating crazily like her? Does he feel like butterflies coming out from his stomach? Did Baekhyun like it?

 

Because if he asks her, she felt like the moment Dahee leaned in and kissed him, she feels like the world crack open at her at her feet. The way she kissed him under the blue sky was something that Byul Dahee will never forget, ever.

 

They were forced to go outside of uni during spring and Dahee forgot her jacket, which because it’s super cold. “Ahh, it so cold here” Dahee break the silence after so long.

 

Baekhyun look into her shivering state and decided to give Dahee his jacket. “Take this” He just throw it like that. So cool, Baekhyun, so cool.

 

“Thanks for lending me this jacket but you are my crush and I almost screamed when you gave it to me” Dahee said casually. “But just know Baekhyun, you will never get this back”

 

“And you will never get to kiss me again”

 

 

Their team ended up being the second last team in the explore race, thanks to another team who pulled out themselves in the middle of the race and disqualified immediately. As soon as they reach to the assembly point, Jongdae immediately smack Baekhyun head and blaming him for their loss. On a bright sight, luckily nothing serious happened to Jongin.

 

Meanwhile, the girls, Harin was pissed waiting at the main checkpoint for nothing while Dahee was delighted as she got to kiss her crush (but she immediately addressed how she felt bad that they were loss in game). Forget about the race, Harin immediately jumped into her and dragged her away as to bombarded her with multiple questions. Of course, all related to the time that they spent alone together.

 

It took her 15 minutes walk around the venue and $5 spent on her bestie for toys claw machine to get mouth sealed. Afterall the only person that knew about her crush on Byun Baekhyun, or more into unrequited love as what Harin described. Dahee told her everything and her best reaction so far is when Harin said she should have kiss his lips instead of his cheek. Well, they both are crazy.

 

Good thing that the event have a lot of food trucks and snacks bar merchants for the student. They have lost the chances to get $100 barbeque voucher as the main prize of the explore race, but at least today they can get their favourite foods for free. And Dahee was not surprised anymore when Harin suddenly gone missing because of it.

 

“Hi” Sehun greet him when she only left alone. “Perhaps, do you still remember me?”

 

She nodded and give him her best smiles. “Hi! You are the handsome one” Dahee . “Of course I remembered you”

 

“Small world, isn’t?” He then prompts for a longer conversation. “We meet again today, I think God may have a better plan for us” Really, for the first time he felt so grateful that he is coming for today’s event.

 

“Wait, what do you mean by ‘us’?” She asked out of curiosity.

 

Sehun had the best visual she ever seen and when he smiles sweetly, she almost loss in his beauty. “I’m not going to beat around the bush anymore, so— Can I get your phone number?”

 

“Whoa, dude—“ She laughed due to his unexpected question. “Let’s take it slow, shall we? Should we be friend first, Sehun?” As she hold out her pinky finger as a promise sign.

 

“Okie, frenz” He said cutely.

 

Baekhyun had his eyes glued to scene in front of him for quite a while. Byul Dahee and another boy, smiling and flirting all along in this public place? He shakes his head for his imagination.

 

But again, when he thinks again, Dahee is not that type of girl that will goes around and flirt; well she only do that to him. Dahee that he knows is not like that and he surely knows her well, but not when she met a guy like him. Someone that he familiar with.

 

Oh Sehun— a mischievous boy that he regard as his own brother. He is a good boy, and from the day he joined him as a barista at his workplace, they immediately clique together. He’s handsome, taller than him, probably smarter than him as he studies at SNU. But what makes Baekhyun concern is; he is the a flirty one.

 

He had seen few girls trying to get his contact number at the counter, even though he wasn’t sure if the younger boy did gave them his number back or not, he surely noticed that the girls giggles when he winked at them. In other words, he did responding to them, in a flirty way.

 

Baekhyun never have issue with his personal life, or his relationship. He don’t even bother if he’s playboy or playing with other girls heart. But he just can’t accept what his eyes see at this moment. Byul Dahee, really Sehun?

 

Did he jealous? No. Baekhyun did few times self declaration that he wasn’t jealous. Why would he thinks so much if Sehun want to make a move on her? It wasn’t supposed to be Baekhyun business is it? Dahee and him, they were only friend. Nothing more than that.

 

But then, Baekhyun realized. It really bothered him.

 

“Sehun—“ A familiar voice from behind calling for him.

 

“Baekhyun!” That boy seems delighted to see his co-worker at the event, unlike Baekhyun who had his eyebrows furrowed since earlier. “I forgot to tell you that I’ll be here as a volunteer today!”

 

“Since when people do volunteer for sport company, Sehun?” Baekhyun asked ask he motioned to the Adidas truck over there.

 

“Ugh come on! They pay a good amount of money” Sehun shyly scratch the back of his neck as he busted. He was not there for volunteering, but to work part time.

 

 

“Plus, I get to see you! And this pretty lady, of course” Sehun then added.

 

“And how the hell you guys know each other?” Baekhyun said expressionless. “Yah—“ He nudged her side, you know this kid?”

 

“He is my new friend! We are on the same age!” Dahee said cheerfully, so contras to Baekhyun.

 

“Really, Dahee?” Baekhyun is now being sarcastic. “You just go around and make a new friend? Is that even a thing?”

 

“Why are you even like this” She hissed.

 

“Actually, we met the other day at the cafe” Sehun explained and Dahee nodded.

 

“But Baekhyun,” He then come closer to whisper to him, “I actually kinda like her”

 

“No. You can’t. I won’t let it happen”

 

 

 

 

 

 

PSA: Stay safe and pls protect yourself ❤️