005

DARLING

Ee

 

Eventually, Dahee can find someone other than Baekhyun. Someone than actually reciprocate to her one sided feelings. She was not a loser, and she have a lot of admirers; why would she wasted her time and wait for someone that doesn’t even following her on Instagram.

 

Dahee does all she can think of to have Baekhyun to follow her back on the social media site, but only to have his respond as he wasn’t even active. He definitely lied as Dahee can clearly saw his story update three minutes ago. She has stopped asking him the same question after that, afraid that he will make his page private and voila— Dahee will loss all access to see his gorgeous selfie posted!

 

Maybe because the other guy who confessed to her, make move to her and even buy her flowers is not Byun Baekhyun. Even when the super handsome guy in her faculty taking a sit beside her in the lecture hall and eventually staring at her the whole time— she’s not even interested in.

 

“Sorry, what was you said?” She had to asked the guy again as he repeatedly asked her the same again. He has been waiting for her answer since they were in lecture hall until they finished their class. Taeyong, the faculty heartthrob been following her all around the campus.

 

“I’m asking if you free this upcoming Saturday” Taeyong gives his best smile that would actually melt every single girl in the world, well minus Byul Dahee.

 

“I’m sorry but I” Every time he asked her the same thing, she would came out with different excuses. “—I have to bring my sick grandma for her weekly health check up”

 

For the Nth time, she had to lied again. Thankfully her phone ringing at the perfect time. Dahee managed to apologise to the disappointed Taeyong before she run out of the space, leaving the upset heartthrob all alone.

 

Dahee was so happy when she received the call from one of her favourite person, but she definitely not ready of the upcoming message. “I’m coming to the city from Jeju this weekend, remember what I told you. Or else...”

 

She can’t remember when was the last time that she actually run— or be this athletic by running around the campus to find someone. Another 15 minutes running and Dahee was so sure that she will collapse as she already run out of her breath.

 

They were finally spotted after so many efforts she used to search around for him. Byun Baekhyun was having his leisure time with Jongdae and Jongin on the faculty foyer near the entrance. She wanted to cursed him so bad that he didn’t pickup when she rings him and not even bother to check the messages she sent.

 

“Baekhyun!” She called him as she approached their table. “I finally found you!”

 

Dahee wanted to talk to him straightly but she would not be rude to his friends. “Hi Jongin” She greet him. “Congratulations for chosen as the winner for Modern Dance in our uni Art festival last week. You are so cool, Jongin!” As she showed him a thumbs up sign.

 

“And you—“ Dahee then greet Jongdae. “I had no idea that you actually have that ah-ma-zing voice. You know what, I’m a big fan of you guys now”

 

Jongin and Jongdae always favours her compare to other girls that have a crush on their best friend and when they have gotten closer and be friend with each other, they can’t help but to feel comfortable with Dahee.

 

“Dahee, you might have to resign for being this fans and be our fanclub president!” Jongin jokes around, or more into being sarcastic to Baekhyun.

 

“Definitely girl! We can even form a band!” Jongdae added giving all three of them a good laughs. “Anyway what brings you here?”

 

“Ugh guys! I’m distracted from my initial reasons why I’m here!” She groaned when finally remembered that. “Baekhyun, I need to talk to you”

 

“Talk to me here” He said lazily, finally they realised that he was there all along.

 

“Seriously?” She asked. “In front of them? Are you sure?”

 

Jongin eyed them suspiciously before he said, “What’s going on here and what actually you guys planning?”

 

“Darling, you haven’t tell them yet about us?” Dahee found a perfect time to tease Baekhyun again. “Do you want me to tell them that—“

 

“Tell us what?!” Jongdae are getting impatient. “Are you guys....”

 

“Wait no!” Baekhyun got up from his seat and glaring at Dahee like he’s going to kill her and burry her under his grandma yard. “Nothing. Ever. Happened” He make sure that his two best friends clearly got his message.

 

“And you” He called Dahee. “Come with me”

 

Byul Dahee 2, Byun Baekhyun 0.

 

“I swear that the next time you do that again especially in front of those dorks, I will teach you a lesson!” He grunted.

 

“What will you do then, Baekhyun?” It’s not surprise anymore that she was not afraid of his threat. “Kiss me to shut up?”

 

“I need your help” She said when she finally able to recomposes herself. Baekhyun didn’t reply anything but just to furrowed his eye brows.

 

“Remember last time at the charity house, when you said that you will do anything in return for me to forgive you?” Dahee said in one breath.

 

Baekhyun, if he can return back to the time when he promised her, he would do that so that the words will never go out from his mouth. Who knows what she capable to ask him for. “Yes, even though I kind of regret it now. Why is that?”

 

“I need a favour from you— wait no” Dahee made correction on her statement so that he will have no choice. “I want to use that card, you have to grant it this time”

 

“And? What you want me to do?” Baekhyun replied uninterested.

 

“My younger sister is coming to Seoul this weekend. I need you to be my fake boyfriend” Her eyes twinkling, in hoping that he will do it. “Pretty please, Baekhyun?” Now that she have both of her hand clasped, in a split second, he do think she is cute.

 

But when reality hit him, “Wait— What?! Are you crazy?”

 

“Please Baek, I really need your help. Just for two days, and—“ Dahee back to her sense and really, she have to make this thing work. “You had promised me that you can do anything”

 

“Wait— hold up. Firstly, why would you need a boyfriend just because you lil sister coming to town?” Baekhyun asked curiously.

 

Dahee sigh and facepalmed. “She said that she will set me up with her teacher back in our home town. So I mention to her that I‘m in relationship already”

 

Baekhyun shakes his head and laughed. “How come you bluntly said that when you don’t even have a boyfriend” He then prompt her with suggestion, “Why don’t you ask someone else instead of me? Ah!—“ He remembered something.

 

“How about that Taeyong guy, I heard that he fancy you a lot. You even got a confession today” He do sound bitter but Baekhyun was right actually, she can get someone else.

 

“He is too handsome that I’m sure my sister would not believe it” Dahee replied make Baekhyun alert.

 

“Are you trying to say that I’m not even in his level?” He snapped.

 

“Oh sweetheart, as much as I like you” Dahee come closer and pat his shoulder, “I have to admit that he is more handsome than you” And she finished it with a giggle.

 

“But still, you are my favourite” Dahee added, still teasing him. “So, please, my favourite Byun Baekhyun?”

 

 

“There he is!” Dahee said when she finally spotted him coming to her car direction. She rolled out the window, “Hello, Baek— i I mean, h—hi b—baby?” She greet him politely.

 

“Hmm hi? b—baby” He said nervously as he went into the car and meet them. “And hello to you too—“ As he scan the other girl at the back seat.

 

“Byul Han Hae. But you can call me Han. Nice to meet you, my dearest sister boyfriend” For once, he thought that he just met another set of Dahee; yes they are sisters so it’s logic if they resemblance each other. But they are so look alike and she is cheeky like her sister too.

 

Awkwardly, he rubbed the back of her neck and smiles, “Nice to meet you too, Han”

 

They went silent for few minutes, with Dahee focusing on road to drive, his sister at back scrolling her phone and Baekhyun— he just think that there is no need to start a conversation when he wasn’t even there voluntarily. He agreed to be her fake boyfriend; but he didn’t said that he will act like it.

 

Two traffic lights has been passed and Han seems can’t be in this silent situation any longer. She dropped her phone on the seat beside her, and move forward to be in the middle of Baekhyun and Dahee.

 

Clearing , she started to make a conversation (more into she want to interrogate him further). “So how long you have been together?”

 

“Since my second semester in first year. So that would be around 6 months?” Dahee answer it calmly while Baekhyun nodded, they have been discussing certain questions just in case her sister will ask about.

 

It goes further with Han asking about Baekhyun more— how old he is, what major he is taking, how he met her sister. Dahee was quick to answer it because she knew, Baekhyun will have issue in giving the answer. As she was about to blurt more lies, Han beat her by saying that she was actually the boyfriend (so she should have shut up and focus on the road).

 

So far, everything went well and Baekhyun surprisingly able to mingle well with Dahee sister. He have no issue to be friendly and she glad that he can do that; she had enough when pleading him to be her fake boyfriend. At least, he wasn’t rude to her sister to give the bad impression to the girl.

 

No matter how calm Baekhyun looks like, he do feels nervous and restless when Han starting to ask several questions that caught him off guard. Dahee had warned her to not be noisy but of course, she had to play the I’m-your-sister-I-need-to-know-this card.

 

She asked him if who confess to whom, which made Dahee eyes widen due to unexpected question. Contrasting with what Dahee would expect, Baekhyun calmly and proudly mentioned that Dahee was the one who confessed to him in front of everyone.

 

It never happened— well minus the public confessions part. While Han was busy uwu-ing at the back, Dahee managed to sent him a death glared and Baekhyun smirk. Issa win for him as he purposely did that to pissed her off.

 

Han then dropped the bomb again. This time she asked when was their first kiss. Maybe, Dahee thought that this is the perfect time to get her revenge so she quickly declared that Baekhyun initiates their first kiss during their first date at the park. She did made him flustered as his face has turned red and it does looks he was about to explode due to so much embarrassment.

 

Luckily that she asked when they just arrived to the shopping mall. Han wanted to do some stationery shopping while she is here and Dahee was more than glad to bring her around. She park the car and as they were about to exit the car, Baekhyun quickly left the car and went first, leaving them behind.

 

“He is a shy person, don’t worry” She said cover for him as Han already looking at Baekhyun weirdly.

 

They went to several shops together with Baekhyun following from the back. He did waited for them inside and after Dahee mouthed ‘play along please’ to him, only that he walk with them to stroll around.

 

Dahee is so close with her sister, they grow up together as the only child and spent most of their childhoods together. Han is 16 years old, leaving them with only few years , that is what makes them more closer and shared the same interest.

 

They had a same interest in choosing the stationeries, had a same taste in clothing, and even shared the same favourite Fish and Chips from foods menu. That is enough to portray how close they are and it was not surprised when Han feels bad when her sister boyfriend act like total .

 

“Are you perhaps—“ Han scanning him from head to toe, back to his eyes again and sent him a death glares. “Allergic with your own girlfriend, Mr Baekhyun? Because that will answer why you have so much trouble to be close with her, hold her hands and even pay attention to my sister!”

 

“Han! Don’t be rude!” Dahee raised her voice to reprimand her sister, at the same time mouthed ‘I’m sorry’ to Baekhyun who dumbfounded for the whole scene. She then dragged her to a corner to talk to her lil sister privately.

 

“Han“ Dahee call her again when they have distance themselves from Baekhyun. “It’s not nice to say that to him, he wasn’t as what you think”

 

“I’m sorry—“ Her sister lowered her head. Dahee didn’t blame her in other way, she knew that for a 16 years old girl, she have a perfect boyfriend-girlfriend imagination from what she saw in romantic drama. She must be expecting the same when it come to all relationships. “It just, Baekhyun is so annoying”

 

“Hey! Don’t say that—“ She pinch Han arm slightly, “About my boyfriend” and finished it with a whisper.

 

“That is just his personality, he is cold sometimes—“ Dahee started her explanation but Han interrupted her by saying, “Well, I can see that obviously” She rolled her eyes.

 

“Baekhyun didn’t like the skinship and sometimes act like a complete , but he stay with me when I was sick, he help me with my uni assignment, he even stick to his promise”

 

At the end of it, she admitted, “I just like him like that. I like Byun Baekhyun being a Baekhyun, as what he is” Dahee won’t need a script for this, she sincerely thought that is what her crush is.

 

“Now little missy, can you do me a favour? Don’t be too grumpy and be nice to him, who knows that he might buy you the ice cream” Dahee winks before return back to  Baekhyun.

 

Han wasn’t really satisfied with the fact that her sister completely okay with her boyfriend being cold like that, but she will refrain herself to hate Baekhyun, well at least because she love her sister and she wanted to respect her decision by choosing him.

 

She saw that he do looks like he regretted what he did, or more into he had screw himself in front of her own girlfriend sister, so Han decided that maybe she should give him another chance. Taking that as sign she was actually just third wheeling on their date, Han then excused herself to wander around and leaving them behind.

 

“I’m sorry—“

“I’m sorry—“

 

They both said at the same time as there were only two of them, walking side by side. Baekhyun, he just wanted to say sorry because he wasn’t completely giving cooperation on their planned ‘date’ and Dahee, she wanted to say sorry on behalf of her sister.

 

“She’s feisty” Baekhyun statement really made Dahee laugh, but at the same nodded in agreement.

 

“I know right?” She said and then the two goes silent again. They never went for a date together and this is absolutely awkward.

 

 

Somehow it managed to the awkwardness faded when Baekhyun tried his best to blend in with Han, and surprisingly they bonded well. It could be because of Han outspoken characters, or the friendly side of him, but at the end of the day Dahee concluded that her mission to let her sister believe that they are actually together work.

 

It was spur of the moment when he actually did his part well, or maybe the best that it makes Dahee heart fluttered for the whole day. He knew how to play the role as her boyfriend and even impressed Han through out the day.

 

Baekhyun didn’t go extreme to the level that he kiss her in front of Han but he did hold Dahee hand when they were walking in the busy street of Myeondong. Not only that, he will let her walk on the safer side when they walk among passerby (as if holding her hand is not consider as safe enough) and he also helped to carry their shopping bags like a gentleman.

 

For once Dahee felt really grateful that he didn’t pick any fight with her today and how she wish she would have him act along the way, only to see the nice and charming side of Byun Baekhyun. But maybe, she concludes it too fast.

 

“Let me drive the car” Baekhyun open out his palm and insisting that Dahee should let him drive the rented car.

 

“Baekhyun no! I have drive safely earlier right?” She protested, not wanting to let him win this unnecessary argument.

 

He sigh. But still, he would not back off. He had enough Dahee hurting his pride as a man when she was the one who picked her up earlier. “Listen to me, Byul Dahee”

 

“No!” The stubborn Dahee won’t give up either.

 

“Dahee—“ He called her again, his tone is not strict as the previous one. “Give me the keys, baby”

 

Her heart is beating faster than ever, they were on a fake date, she should have been this surprised when Baekhyun called her like that. Dahee always be the one who throws him flirting acts, but when he did; she went nuts!

 

She almost trapped in asthma attack again but luckily she quick pull off her dreaming state when Baekhyun grabbed the keys that she had been holding on her palm and hold her shoulder slightly to prompt her to walk into the other side of the car.

 

Dahee was still speechless when Baekhyun took advantage of her situation by open the door and force him to sit as his co-driver. He even give a quick warning to her to wear the seatbelt and let her know that he will do the driving. No more discussion accepted.

 

“Ugh! Finally! Istg that you guys arguing like an old married couple!” Han complained when they finally settle down.

 

Dahee always think that Baekhyun is just so handsome, but when she was there sitting beside her on the same car and admire the way he made himself being more handsome, if that possible; it’s just so unreal. The way he drive with only one hand, another one resting on his thigh, his hair slightly pushed back and the way he rock the black retro sunglasses— wow, just wow Byun Baekhyun.

 

Once a while he will look into her, feeling so weird that why she had her eyes on him instead of admiring the view on the road. Dahee can stares at him for all the time that is pretty sure not tiring for her. Surely, that Seoul city had an amazing view, but Baekhyun is on another level of magnificent view.

 

“You are staring” Baekhyun said, while his eyes remained on the road.

 

“I am” It just so cool that Dahee can admit it just like that. “I’m staring at my handsome boyfriend”

 

Baekhyun was about to protest but when he saw reflection of Han from the rear mirror, he remembered that they were on fake dating and he have to play along. He sure enough that Dahee enjoyed this more  as she can flirt with him openly. Her boyfriend— really?

 

He just shrugged it off, too used with her unexpected act and to be honest, he didn’t bother anymore. He can’t stop Dahee and he secretly enjoy the attention that he got from his number one (not so) secret admire.

 

The radio was boring during the hour, mostly with them playing the news. Thank God that the traffic light turned red at the junction, Baekhyun then took the chance to connect his phone with the car radio via Bluetooth and go through his playlist.

 

Once DPR song blasts in the car, Han at the back immediately jump up and lean forward so that she can hear it clearly. Excited that her sister boyfriend play a good song, she humming to the beats and it automatically change the atmosphere of the car.

 

It only take third track of the playlist, when it plays GroovyRoom song, for Baekhyun and Han to get clique right away. He always a big fan of underground music and when he found out that Han also have a same taste in the music that he listened a lot, Baekhyun was amazed with her. Usually 16 years old teenage girl mostly choose to fangirling around Kpop idols, that is what made Han even more cooler.

 

That is also another factor added to why Baekhyun had to stopped by the ice cream shop to treat her some sweets. He made sure that he didn’t only bring only a cup of ice cream for her, but of course his lovely fake girlfriend as well. Dahee almost wanted to snapped at him because he just went out from the car without even asking if she want it or not.

 

“Macadamia Caramel for you, Han” As he passed the Baskin Robin cup to the back passenger. “Salted Honey Vanilla for you Miss Grumpy” Baekhyun jokes.

 

“I’m not grumpy!” Dahee argue back.

 

“You are to me!” Baekhyun more. “You are about to kill me earlier when I didn’t asked you if you want ice cream or not”

 

“You see, women, we tends to be sensitive when it comes to food” She replied. “And you should consider to ask me what I want, in case I have allergies on—“

 

“Nuts” Baekhyun stole a spoonful of her ice cream and have it. “I choose the flavour that have no nut in it, don’t worry” He then come closer to whisper in her ear, so slow to make sure that Han won’t listen to it. “I won’t kill you, even though I wish I could”

 

“Yah! Baekhyun!” Dahee was so pissed that she started to hit his arm multiple times.

 

He hissed in pain but when Dahee started to pull his hair, Baekhyun can’t even stopped himself, “Stop it you crazy women! It’s hurt!”

 

There is, the second episode of Baekhyun-Dahee never ending fight.

 

“Stop it! Both of you!” Han finally spoke to stop their war. She shake her head repeatedly and facepalmed.

 

“Be honest with me, are you guys truly in a relationship?”

 

 

 

A/N: Probably longest chapter that I ever wrote for this story. And please, I need more comment juseyo T.T