002

DARLING

Bb

 

Baekhyun can figure out almost everything that revolved around him in this world. There will always a solution for every problem and he always find a way to overcome it. He knew how to solve calculus equation, he knew how make a good meal, he's good with his surrounding, but he seems cannot figure out anything about her.

 

Byul Dahee-- he learned about the woman that goes by this name only around past week but he seems like having the biggest crisis in his life. Where was she all this time that they only crossed their path now? And most importantly, why it was him at the first place. He had all the questions lingering on his head for few days.

 

On the first day they met, she surprised him with her bold act by introduce herself, well we can say, not in a normal way. She boldly said that they have the same surname when in fact, it was nowhere to be same. The fact that she maintaining her cute smiles (he do admit that she is cute) when Baekhyun turned her confession down is another factor why he thinks about her all the time.

 

Second day they met again at the faculty foyer, this time she was with her bestie as they walk into the lecture hall. Dahee did noticed him and wink at him from afar. Which made Baekhyun face turned red immediately. On the third day during programming club annual meeting, Baekhyun was puzled when she acted like she did not know him. He then realized that she probably acted out when no one else around him, just to .

 

The forth day-- Baekhyun was standing in front of the vending machine taking his sweet time wondering which carbonated drink that he should buy during his break time. While he still can't figure out either Coke or Spritzer to choose, suddenly someone press the red button on the vending machine, disperse out mineral water and pass it to him.

 

"Don't drink carbonated drink Baekhyun. It is not good for your health" As she advised.

 

He turned around and to his suprised, it was Dahee standing there beside him, being all giddy. Baekhyun clear his throat while saying, "It is not your business, lady"

 

"Of course it is my business" She laughed when Baekhyun eventually took the mineral water and drink it. "I don't want my crush to die early because of diabetes. See ya Byun Baekhyun!" She left the place making Baekhyun choked on his drink.

 

Baekhyun, Jongdae and Jongin decided to spend their after classes break at the library on that evening. Being the last year students, they usually fill up their time either completing their bachelor degree thesis or be in lab to finish up their final-year project. While the other two Kim's seems so focus with their laptop, Baekhyun had his mind on other place.

 

He look on his right, there is Kim Jongdae. A sweet person with his angelic smile plus, he is so smart that make him more attractive than he already is. Baekhyun wonder again. He then look on his left side. Kim Jongin. It sounds so gay but Baekhyun think that even if he is a girl, he surely will have crush on Jongin. Who else did not fall for his bad-boy image? The fact that he is so y? That is bonus.

 

“Jongdae, do you think you are attractive than me?” Baekhyun asked all of sudden.

 

His sudden question almost had Jongdae choked on his drink. “What— Well, considering my brilliant brain, I think yeah”

 

Baekhyun seems like he still not done with him queries. “Jongin, we all know that you are the hottest between three of us right?”

 

“Of course I am” Jongin confidently pushing his hair back, showing his agreement.

 

“I know right?!” Baekhyun suddenly screams. “Then why the hell she choose me out of everyone? Ugh! This makes me so frustrated!”

 

“Baek, are you losing your minds or what?” Jongin had enough his best friend act weirdly all day.

 

Jongdae who seems like understanding the whole situation whisper to him, “There is one girl, our junior apparently confessed to him and it made him go haywire”

 

“Isn’t that normal? This is not the first time someone said they like you actually—“ Jongin was interrupted when he about to ask more.

 

“She’s different tho—" Baekhyun himself have no answer to Jongin question. Yes, Dahee can be like anyone else that used to confess to him directly, but then, he seems can’t figure out this one.

 

Baekhyun is one of the college heartthrob that always be on top of the list for most-admired senior in their campus along with Jongdae and Jongin. Having a secret admire, or girl coming at him with their confession is no longer surprise for him. It is either public confession or love letter that he got almost every day, Baekhyun can easily reject them.

 

He will politely say that he is sorry for the rejection and even advise them to find someone better than him. This is totally opposite with what he did to Dahee. He does told her that he did not have the mutual feelings with her; but weirdly at the same time he did not ask her to stop chasing him.

 

“Oh oh shut up, shut up. She’s coming” He said when he noticed Dahee walking on the opposite way towards him. All three of them is walking out from the library area.

 

Jongdae and Jongin is having their good time seeing their friend losing his insanity like this. As far as they have been friends for years, they never saw anyone that can shake the almighty Byun Baekhyun like this.

 

He is the joker of the group, the moodlifter and the talkative one. Baekhyun only will keep his mouth shut up when he have issue with his thesis, he could not run his coding, or when his mother asking him about his imaginary girlfriend. So when they saw Baekhyun goes all panic because of this stranger girl, it caught their attention.

 

In fact, this also not the first time that they teased Baekhyun about the same. It made Baekyun walking far from them when they walk together to class, just in case they will call her for him. He knew that his super best friend would like to see his face going all red in embarassment. He knew them well.

 

Jongin also agreed to play as matchmaker to make Dahee reality come true-- this is one of the time that he got hit by Baekhyun cap. He also make sure to warns Jongin that this is absolutely not funny. (Jongin and Jongdae thought that this is the funniest thing happened during their four-year college time).

 

"Where should we go for lunch today, Baekhyun?" Jongdae purposely emphasize his name to make the girl noticed that he is hiding behind his friend.

 

"Damn it" Baekhyun cursed when his friends got him busted.

 

But then, instead of staying there, looking at him, she just bow her head slightly and greet them while casually leaving the place. For once, Baekhyun think that she is acting normal, totally like a normal stranger.

 

He could be wrong.

 

“Hello there handsome!” She turns back and shouted. That is enough to make him flustered.

 

 

This morning wasn't not going as Baekhyun planned at all. Due to all pending assignments that he had last night, he accidentally forgot to set his alarm this morning, which resulting him waking up late for his new registered class. It was already 10am and he only remembered that he should have their elective subject, Computer Art class at 10.15am. He sprinted out through the hallway, trying his best not to be late.

 

As he reached to the class, he felt relived when he saw his friends and Jongdae show him a clear sign where the lecturer is not coming yet. He then walk to the left side of the lecture hall to be seated with his two other friends. What he did not expect is when the seat is now occupied with other person. Much more surprised, someone that he totally not expected.

 

His not so secret admire.

 

“Move. Now” He said sternly.

 

“I didn’t know that this desk I sat down at was yours Baekhyun” Amazing how she can keep her smiles on her face, while Baekhyun on the other hand was about to loose his .

 

Baekhyun glared at his friends as he knew that they purposely let her sit beside them instead of leaving a space for him. He could walk away and sit at the other place, but the hall is now full and that is the only available seat.

 

“Now you already know so why don’t you leave?” He is mad, but still keep his voice down to not make a scene.

 

“It just a seat right? So instead of telling me to move why don’t you just sat beside me and started taking notes” Well, she have a point. Unable to argue more on that and as the professor already comes, he decided to just tagged along.

 

Baekhyun know he will regret his decision soon, and as expected, Dahee is ready to . She come closer to whisper to him, “Oh Baek, Also, I kinda don’t want to move because you’re really cute when you are mad”

 

"Shhh.." He pointed out the lecturer in front. "Just shut up, the class is started"

 

Surprisingly she do focus during the class and not to bother him at all. Unlike Baekhyun who secretly peeping into her notes and checking her out, Dahee maintain her attention solely for the lecture. After all, it is amazing to stay unbothered while having your crush seated beside you.

 

Jongdae and Jongin making their conversation with her during the break, and officially become a friend afterward. Baekhyun has made face all the time during their conversation and mentally cursed them for being so friendly with her. They are not supposed to be close with her, as it will trouble him.

 

He felt uncomfortable with their new friendship, but still have his ears close to their conversation. From there he learnt that she took this class earlier that she intended to in her semesters because of her high interest in art. Even when she did jokes that she decided to enroll it to be in the same class with Baekhyun, he had he straight face all along pretending that he did not pay attention to it.

 

"Do you have question for me Baekhyun?" She suddenly asked when she noticed that Baekhyun had been staring at her since ealier.

 

"Me?" He asked. "N-- no"

 

She chukles. "You have been staring at me, you must have something on your mind to ask me"

 

"How come you can take this class? You are on your second year only" Baekhyun finally let out what he has been holding so far.

 

"Why are you asking? Feeling insecure already as I am your junior?" Really, Baekhyun were right when he said she is different. "Well, I skip some credit hours as I kind of perform on my subjects. So they let me take elective class earlier"

 

Now it explained that why everyone been saying that she is genius. Baekhyun thought. In fact he do acknowledge it when he can see how she participated in the class, she do well when the lecturer asking some question and she able to provide a fresh idea when it comes to suggestion for the subject. While Baekhyun, he was busy thinking why he is in that class for the whole period.

 

He were informed by Jongin (his secret spy) that she is famous for their faculty and got a top rank within her batchmade. Baekhyun wasn't believe at first, considering that he saw Dahee skip the lecture few times during his observation for his admire. He does call it observation instead of stalking-- Jongin had his eyes rolled when he heard his excuses.

 

Three days were allocated for him to secretly watching her from afar. His friends were right, he is super dramatic when it comes to unnecessary business. Baekhyun just takes precaution steps as he afraid that he was fooled by his junior. Who knows if she was in bet with her friends or there is hidden camera located somewhere.

 

During the times also Baekhyun has comes to conclusion that she was far from his ideal type. He always wanted a shy girly girl, very graceful and looking all polite-- Dahee is totally opposite from that. She skips classes, she is loud, too confident and she a lot which annoyed him all the time.

 

"But don't worry. I won't be your rival and take all credit for this class. I want to be your friend instead" She added.

 

He then leaned forward and smirk. "Who said I want to be your friend?" At this rate, a normal girl might have left the place and crying. But we have Byul Dahee as we talking about.

 

"You don't want be my friend?" She asked again, but with a playful hint on her face. "Be my boyfriend then"

 

Baekhyun was too shocked that he did not plan on his response next. "I already have a girlfriend"

 

"No you don't have" Does he looks that panic that she can sense he was lying? Baekhyun is going nut. "You don't like me, that is not new. But you don't have a girlfriend, Baekhyun. Find better excuse okay?" She ruffles his hair, making him more frustrated.

 

"Yah! You--" Baekhyun gritted his teeth.

 

"Loose up a bit Baekhyun, being old and grumpy does not suit you" She tease again.

 

"I'm not old!" He protested as she trying to ruffle his hair again.

 

Dahee moves backward and scan him again, "Two years older than me still consider old Mr Byun" She shrugged her shoulder. "...and grumpy too"

 

 

It was funny to see Baeakhyun reaction all along the class. First class of Art was the best thing that happened to Dahee for this new semester and she finally find a reason to keep coming into class. It could be that Art is her favourite apart from Programming, or the fact that she have her crush in the same class with her, but the most fun part is to .

 

Baekhyun snapped a lot, he would show how he annoyed, how he frustrated with Dahee sudden moves but that is the best part of the class. After all, she only have one year with two semesters to before he graduate. But then, she still cautious on her steps, trying her best to not cross the line. As long as Baekhyun did not hate her, she is fine with that.

 

He finally accepted that he need to be seated with her all semester for the class; Jongdae and Jongin have make sure that he will sat beside Dahee and not them, and eventually he made it habit without questionning them again on why they avoid him in the class.

 

Dahee also make sure that there is separate line between playing and studying; her number 1 rules is to not disturb him during lecture. Rules number 2 is to restrict any skinship among them; Baekhyun hate clingy girl as Jongdae advise so she should avoid that. And the last rule is to not making fun of him even though he was that stupid during Art class.

 

“Yah—“ He called her and no response.

“Psst” He called again.

 

Only after the third time he throw his pen that he managed to get her attention.

 

Dahee turns around, looking more calmer than Baekhyun expected. “You called me?”

 

“Is there anyone else here?” Baekhyun mocks her. “Anyway...” He cleared his throat before asking her some question. “Who is your partner for the project?”

 

Now it’s time for Dahee to get back to him. “Why? You want to be my partner Baekhyun?” She smirked.

 

“Huh! As if I want to be in the same group with you!” In a glance, they look more like cat and dog quarrelling with each other. Baekhyun is being so snobby that she was getting pissed with his attitude.

 

She walked back to her place after talking with her professor and handle him the project paper. “Too bad Baekhyun darling, you are now my partner for the whole semester”

 

“Wait— what?!” He’s screaming and nothing get funnier than to see Baekhyun panic. “Me— you— together? Why!”

 

She tapped his shoulder and tiptoe match their eyes level, only to make Baekhyun more panic than he already is. “Isn’t that obvious? Jongdae will team up with Jongin and leave you alone" He looked around and she was right, they already team up.

 

"Plus, I heard that you are that bad in this subject. You may need my help then” She added.

 

Baekhyun hate art and that is obvious. The fact that he was team up with her? That is another reason. Unlike Dahee who can balance with her critical skills and creativity; Baekhyun is totally far from being called artistic. You can give him equation or programming code to debug, he will do it in no time. But when it comes to art, he is noob.

 

So when they partner up and Dahee do almost everything for the project, it was not surprise anymore. All Baekhyun do is to starred at the blank canvas and complaint every single thing that she painted.

 

"That is not even looks like an apple"

"The color is not red enough"

"Don't you ever heard that there is a green apple?"

 

"Ah Baekhyun can you shut up for a while?" It is now Dahee turns to be annoyed.

 

She take a breath again, smilling and talk to him nicely. "Please do me a favor Baekhyun"

 

"Wh-- what?" He kind of afraid of her sudden burst earlier.

 

"Just sit there and be handsome for me. Do your part nicely and--" She stopped. "Do. Not. Disturb. Me. Get it" Unknowingly, he nodded as in agreement.

 

"Geez, this woman is crazy" He muttured it slowly, only to be heard by Dahee.

 

She come closer and confront him. "What did you call me?"

 

“Woman, I will call you as woman” He replied without feeling guilty.

 

“Call me by my name” At this rate, she will probably go nuts to match up with his level.

Baekhyun being annoying again by rolling his eyes. “No”

 

“Byul-Dahee” She tried again. “Now, say it”

 

“Da-Ree? Da-Mi? Sorry what is your name again?” Baekhyun purposely making her mad.

 

"You leave me no choice Baekhyun!" She run away from their desk to go to Jongin place and take the sharpie pen that he hold.

 

Without further notice, she grab Baekhyun arm and move his sleeve. What he did not expect is when she write her name 'Byul Dahee' on his arm, all bold, in black permanent ink. Not to forget she even put a little heart symbol at the end of it.

 

"Now you will never forget my name, Byun Baekhyun"