Friendship

THEIR SECRETS BEHIND
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I stare at myself blankly while the stylist curls my hair. Make-up is done and the others are putting on their suits. But as I stare at myself, my head drifts to the thoughts of her until it's fully occupied of what happened last night.

Each word, each phrase, I remember them clearly.

"Had a great morning, Chanyeol-ssi?" The stylist asks, looking at me through the mirror with a soft smile across her lips.

"More like a great night which caused this great morning," I replied, smiling back.

"Good for you, you guys needed a break." She said, before continuing to go over the next set of hair to curl softly.

Chaeyoung and I came to an understanding -- that whatever happens, we wouldn't let it get to us. That we must always open up on what's happening or what's bothering us so we could help out each other.

But before all this,

"Uhm, about my text..." she started, thumbs fidgeting as she holds a cup of tea right after we had dinner.

"Channie's been such a good friend to me and I don't want to think of it in such a way that I'll be mistaking your goodness to something else... We, uhm... going out publicly like this, it's dangerous for us, isn't it?"

The moment she admitted she lied, I knew it has something to do with getting caught. At the first place, we kept our friendship a secret to everyone. This is just friendship but we both knew the cost of someone finding out we are secretly meeting.

If she had not admitted, I knew that the lie would've continued because she will try to avoid me so we wouldn't get caught by everyone else.

"I'm sorry if I got you in trouble... but, mistaking my goodness?" I asked. I was treating her special and I'm glad she felt it which would mean that she thinks she's assuming things she thought wasn't real.

"You're not mistaking anything," I added, looking at her eyes who instantly darted up to mine in disbelief.

I should be the one to admit something like this. I shouldn't be making her confused as it clearly is what she is thinking at the moment. 

"Huh?" She hummed in such a melodious, questioning tone.

"It's exactly what you think it is. But, I just don't want to rush things and overwhelm you because I'm afraid you'll avoid me if I do." I answered.

She then looks down on her cup before biting her lower lip. "So... Channie, you actually..." she trailed off before lifting her gaze back at me again.

I nodded once and smiled.

I don't know if my smile was awkward and nervous because heck, it felt like my heart is finding it's way out my chest.

"But, can we take our time? Stay like this and get to know each other?" She asked.

"Yes, that's what exactly what I was thinking. I just wanted to let you know that you're not mistaking anything. I'm not going to lead you to something that will hurt you. That's not what I want." I answered.

"So, it's safe to say that you and I are friends?" She asked.

I nodded gently and added, "Yeah, friends with an understanding?"

"Mmm... that sounds much better." She then smiled brightly and I swore, melted my heart right at that moment.

"Chaey, thanks for admitting and for not leaving me hanging..." I said, wanting to hold her hand again but I feel too embarrassed to even do so at the moment, not when both her hands were glued to the cup of tea.

"Of course. You've been very good to me, Channie oppa. The last thing I want to do is... hurt you." She timidly smiled.

"Me too. Let's not allow something like this to get between us. Let's talk it out with each other first before deciding anything..." I suggested and she nodded immediately.

After coffee, I then brought her back to the dorms. But I didn't leave immediately nor she got off my car.

We talked for an hour inside the car and she teased me for bringing up what I've come across the net.

"Tomorrow, you know, there will be a lot of people... I know I'm not in the position to tell you this but don't get too excited or overwhelmed over anything. I mean, anyone maybe filming you and so, you know... people kinda presume your reactions into something else... you know..." I said, trailing off with my words because I instantly regretted bringing it up.

It's not like I was trying to tell her what to do or not do during events like this.

"Do you think I react a lot?" She asked.

"Uhm... no, but, you know..."

"You react a lot to anyone, well... everyone, Channie." She then chuckles.

"Well... that's because... that's how I am."

"Exactly... so, I'm not really worried about anything like that." She replied. "Besides, it's not like everyone will believe everything they see. It's just a reaction."

"That's when you're wrong..." I chuckled.

"Hmm?"

"People will see what they want to see and the same goes on with what they believe in even if it's just a mere coincidence," I answered.

"I guess that's right..."

"But, I'm not like---telling what to do or what

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter