Dazed

THEIR SECRETS BEHIND
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

CHANYEOL'S POV:

Chill... just chill...

I told myself.

A lot of cameras are all around and of course, eyes that are ever so watchful.

There's a lot of pretty women out tonight tho only one catches my attention and she's honestly giving me a hard time to resist looking.

I know I'm known to react to everyone -- performances, speeches... heck, fireworks had always almost given me a heart attack, even Kyungsoo's sudden subtle movements surprises me. But I'm trying my best to keep my cool tonight, especially after seeing her in person in that dress. Other girls wore gaudier, eye-catching dresses compared to hers but she just has that something that I knew I'm not the only one who's seeing.

After a while of having my back on their table so my eyes wouldn't get seduced, I was seated to where I could steal glances and even if it were just glances, it meant so much to me because I couple of times I've taken a quick look, our eyes would meet and she would avert her gaze then smile.

The prettiest smile I've seen... even if she wasn't looking at me.

After a wardrobe change, they were then called to the stage to take their award. And as expected, she's the one who's going to make a speech.

I felt the warmth at the moment she started talking. It's the feeling of sudden anxiety and nervousness even if I wasn't the one on stage.

She's still so nervous after accepting a couple of awards and it made me smile on how cute she can be while containing shyness being at the edge at the same time.

After her acceptance speech, the girls passed by in front of our table and by custom and respect, we stood and bow but as soon as I bow, Baekhyun gave me a nudge so as I looked up and found Chaey bowed directly at me before averting her gaze again.

"She's kinda cute," Baek whispered.

"What do you mean kinda?" I glared at him playfully.

"Proud of your girl, huh?" Suho asked, nudging my arm with his elbow.

I stayed quiet, not responding and kept my gaze up at the emcee for the night introduces the next presenters for the award.

My girl.

She's not mine tho.

Just because we had an understanding doesn't mean we're already dating.

We've agreed that we're friends...

I was satisfied with just that when she and I were talking about it but, why do I feel different now? It's as if I wanted to really label what she and I share just because someone found out I like her. I have this feeling of wanting to claim what they were saying but that would be lying. She and I are friends, that's all.

After another winner for an award was called, their group performs next and I was not ready to see it live.

I was enjoying their performance, tapping on the table, catching the beat of their song, making the table my drums but when that moment came that she sat on the floor before laying on it, sweeping herself beneath the girls, all I could do is sigh, leaning against the backrest of my seat, unable to even move to the beat and just stared at her on the screen, 

"Aigoo..." is all that escaped my lips while I watch that particular choreography focused on her.

It was such a provocative move for someone as innocent and pure as her.

Right at that moment, I realized that no matter how much you try not to react to a specific someone especially if you admire that person so much, your facade would still break down right at that unexpected moment.

Her voice that effortlessly hits that note, her looks, everything is breathtaking... especially how her gaze focuses at the camera and then smiles, turning from seductive to adorable real quick.

Plus, she just laid on the floor... why does she look like that with that simple move?

When the screen had left her gorgeous form and focused on someone else, I was snapped out my dazed state. Then, I danced on my seat when the beat dropped on the chorus while Baekhyun being hilarious, dancing with a bottled water to keep me back to how I am.

After their performance, Suho whispered to me, "She's really impressive especially tonight."

I nodded in agreement and felt proud.

The evening goes fast after we were called to perform. And tonight, EXO-Ls won when we take home a few daesangs and the last stage was given to us.

To be honest, being on stage and celebrating success with fans had been always so rewarding and this night is about them. They got us to where we are now and I couldn't be grateful enough. 

The trophies we got are not for us, it's for them. They won it. And taking the stage on the closing of an awards show could never be more rewarding especially when they sing our song out loud and it roars within and out the venue.

They're the reason I kept dreaming and they're the reason I work hard for that dream.

Now, someone added to my inspiration and I know I can work harder than ever before.

I don't know much about her yet but I knew she's the kind of woman I'd easily fall for and I know very well with myself that I'm in that situation now... falling.

She's sweet in her own shy ways and it's always adorable. Just hearing her voice would be enough for me despite not being able to see her every day.

She was like my peace despite all this attention, the attention that's both rewarding and stressing.

I'm lucky to see her in events like these and I'm even blessed to be even able to take her out.

After the awards season, I'll be with her again and I'm looking forward to it.

But, for now, I hope she's watching me.

CHAEYOUNG'S POV:

"Look, he's not even roaming the stage like the rest." Jisoo smiled before eyeing up the stage, looking at the giant, curled beagle

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter