Closer To You

THEIR SECRETS BEHIND
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

             

             

A week passed by fast for me after spending fun times in Japan. I even set up a YouTube account to post the video I made at Rusutsu showing all the fun I had snowboarding with friends.

When we're given time for ourselves, each member of our group can choose whatever they want on how to spend it, either vacation or rest.

I always choose to do something. Be it a new hobby or visiting new places because it keeps my mind off the problems. We didn't have things easy just because we're idols who got it big in South Korea, in one of the biggest entertainment company. Fame has its perks but of course, it has its downside.

But no one can't make it without support and inspiration to keep us motivated.

And now, I'm waiting for my inspiration to arrive.

I immediately recognized her when people started arriving from that flight she had told me she was in. Even when she had her cap and mask on, I knew it was her.

"Welcome back!" I cheerfully greeted, walking towards her. I swear, I wanted to hug her right then and there but, I kind of hesitated at the moment because I'm scared she'll think I'm too forward.

But as she gets closer, I thought of her kiss.

She had already kissed my cheek... She already gave me a kiss, so, an embrace wouldn't be awkward, right?

Plus, it was a kiss, why would I be scared to even give her a hug? Kissing me on the cheek must've taken a lot of courage to do.

My hands immediately trembled while my heart continues to race when the distance between us gets closer, and when she's only an arms reach away, I went for it and initiated the hug.

But I wasn't expecting this...

The comfort when I was able to wrap my arms around her, and hers around me. I am now able to breathe comfortably as if a thorn was plucked out my throat, plus, the warm and fuzzy feeling inside makes my knees weak.

It was perfect.

She fitted perfectly in my arms.

God, I missed her.

"You're finally back." I muttered just right above her head where her cap almost came loose because I was hugging her too tightly.

"It's good to be back..." she replied before she lifted her head to look up to me.

Despite the mask hiding half of her face, I knew she was smiling beautifully for her eyes smiled as well.

I helped her with her stuff while we talked about how her flight went. Spending several hours on a jet is quite tiring especially when you're alone.

"Let's find someplace to eat?" I asked and she immediately nodded her head while she does that eye smile again.

There's a lot of places in Seoul to find good food and some privacy. It didn't need to be a five-star restaurant. This time, she gets to decide where and it's a simple, small restaurant she and Lisa went a lot to when they were trainees.

After having a meal and a few desserts as if our stomachs are bottomless, we went to her dorm to drop off her stuff after daring myself to invite her again to my place to which she shyly agreed to.

But this time, I'm not taking her to my apartment. I'm taking her to my studio where we could play music as long as we want to.

"This is where I record most of my songs," I stated after letting her in first. It's larger than what I had in my apartment where the room is too compact. Some of SM staffs also come here. This place have a lot of space for instruments for recording. It's like my main office.

"I wish I could set up something like this one day." She replied, looking around.

"That's not impossible to do... I mean, it took me some time to have all the stuff I needed. Some were even gifts. If you need any help, you can just tell me."

"This is just amazing. You can make your own songs without asking for your company's help. You can do your own thing here." She stated, turning in almost a twirl where her long blonde hair flowed with her movement

"Yeah, only a few of my songs make the cut. But nevertheless, that won't stop me from making my music."

"So it should be." She smiled. "There's something I really wanted to ask you, Channie." She asked, standing in front of the keyboard and desktop I usually, mostly use with everything.

Finally, something I can help her with.

"Uhmm... I'd like to learn Yiruma's song on the piano?..." she shyly revealed. It's my favorite song 'till this day and I'm still actually practicing it.

After setting up the electronic keyboard, I played for her while she sits beside me, observing my fingers while my fingers move across the monochromatic tiles of the instrument.

I was hoping to really impress her but, of course, my trembling fingers wouldn't let me and with every mistake, I realized I had been clicking my tongue which made her giggle.

But when it came to the chorus, it went very smoothly despite it's fast pace.

I printed it's the score for her as requested and she tried to play it. Of course, playing it beautifully would take a lot of practice but we sat there, just enjoying the moment learning the song... I don't know how to read music but she does so even if I already know how to play,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter