Lullaby

THEIR SECRETS BEHIND
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     

 

"I'll be going home on that day, oppa... sorry," I muttered, biting my nail on my index.

"Oppa?" His brows furrows which made me chuckle. He never liked me calling him oppa now. 

He's wearing that gray hoodie once again with the hood up and a black cap on.

"Wait... home? You mean... Australia?" He asked.

"Yes... Melbourne." I answered, fidgety and worried that he might feel disappointed.

"I see. No worries. Guess I'll be moving it then." He replied, I heard a soft sigh but I wasn't sure if he really was disappointed.

He just asked me if I can go with him this Chuseok for that date outside Seoul. He refused to tell me any detail of his plan, only that it is a surprise. He's always saying it'll be outside Seoul but assured me that it wouldn't be that far, just in the suburb location outside Seoul City.  It wouldn't be a vacation or anything. Just one-night stay and he promised to bring me home if I wanted to.

It was alright for me and I'd love to go with him but, Chuseok is the only time I get to fly back to Melbourne... only I forgot to tell him this detail.

"Yes. Please tell me as soon as you're able to reschedule. I'm so sorry." I apologized genuinely.

"You don't need to apologize to me. It's alright." He replies. "I want to see you, though."

A smile crept to my lips as I feel all giddy again, "Me too..." I muttered softly, holding my phone to my other ear while laying on the bed.

"So, what're you up to this Chuseok?... since we can't make it together?" I asked.

"Back to Japan... I guess. Snowboarding with Kasper and the others, I think Sehun will tag along. I initially canceled because I thought you're free but, easy to fly there."

I feel really guilty.

How could I have forgotten that I have already purchased the ticket since last year? I should've told him sooner.

He's not guilt-tripping me but it's really effective to make me feel that way.

"Sorry," I muttered once again and this time, he let out an obvious sigh.

"How many times do I have to hear that word?" He asked.

Okay, so maybe this is not guilt-tripping. But I still feel really guilty. I'm looking forward to that 'date' yet I couldn't come on the day he planned because I'm heedless at times.

"I'll make it up to you when I come back," I muttered, pouting. However, after my last word, the call got disconnected which made me frown with all confusion as to why he would disconnect the call.

Is he that mad?

But suddenly, my phone rang with an incoming video call. I quickly got up to check myself in the mirror and fixed my hair then put a tint on my lips and cheeks in a matter of 10 seconds before exhaling calmly then answer the call. 

As soon as the video started, I immediately smiled, "That was too sudden, Channie."

"I told you I wanted to see you. A video call would do for now. Am I not bothering you?" He asked, pulling the camera farther from his face until I was able to see a glimpse of that pirate flag hanging by the wall behind him.

He's at his studio... again.

"Can't do anything about it now, can I?" I chuckled.

"So, how will you make it up to me then?" He asked.

"Uhm... I don't know." I answered. I know what I said but I said it out of the spur of the moment I felt guilty.

"I have something in mind." He smirks gently, somehow showing off his dimple while squinting his eyes. 

"And that is?" My heart suddenly felt tight, unsure of what he'll make me do. Though I know Channie isn't the type of guy who takes advantage of situations like this... Well, he kinda does given what he's done before.

I'm starting to think that I've been making a few clumsy mistakes when it comes to this relationship like that time when I tried to avoid him but failed just as I was getting started.

Lisa laughed at me when I told her about that but at the same time, she felt embarrassed on my behalf.

The guilt really eats the back of my head because he's such a good guy.

Somehow, it's kind of scary thinking of how he will react because I don't like hurting his feelings... it's scary in a good way. I'll do something to make it up to him if I can do what he wants me to do to compensate for my shortcomings.

What will he make me do?

"Sing..." He smiles, pulling the camera towards his face again.

"... that's it?" I asked in disbelief. 

To be honest, I was expecting something more complicated, even if I can't think of what that something is... I just thought it would be hard for me to do.

"No music... just your voice. I think I need something that would calm me, and lately, listening to your calm voice is... calming. Will you be able to do that for me? I have no other music to listen to that's as comforting anyways."

I suddenly felt my knees weak even if I was sitting down comfortably in my own bed. The thought of making someone calm and peaceful just by listening to my voice is the sweetest and innocent thing I can ever think of.

"Will that be enough for you? I mean, that's easy..."

"Well, I'd love to have you around but unfortunately we can't see each other all the time so..." He trails off, shrugging.

"Alright. Do you have any song requests?"

"No. Just sing what you can sing for me. English or in Korean, up to you. As long as I hear your voice."

"Now?" I asked.

"Hmm... before we say goodbye? before going to sleep? I want to sleep well." He suggests and I nodded in response. 

I'd willingly do this for him. If he wants me to do it every night, then I will. 

I feel happy to think that he wants to hear my voice before going to sleep, it's like my voice will be the lullaby that could calm him down and have sweet dreams.

But, is he troubled? Is he having a hard time sleeping?

"Is there something bothering you, Channie?" I asked. 

"Huh?" He hummed in confusion.

"Are you having a hard time falling asleep? Why would you need a lullaby?"

He paused, just looking at me straight from the camera before sighing, "I sometimes feel so exhausted, not physically but... my mind kept going on things. You know, at the end of the day, talking to you keeps my mind at ease like the rest of the world does not exist. But when I wake up in the morning, life goes on. I have my family, my friends... but, there are just things I do that---" he trailed off sighing as he brushes his h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter