Purple Tongues

THEIR SECRETS BEHIND
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


After locking the main door, I found Baekhyun almost opening the door of my room. 

I wasn't ready for any one of them to find her in my room. It's not like they don't know she has been coming over but she doesn't know people are coming and staying for the day. I don't want her to get surprised especially when he was just about to barge in on her. 

I dashed towards the door and was able to get a hold of the knob before Baek could, and it definitely surprised him, "What's your problem? I'm just getting a pillow..." He asked. 

"Chaeyoung's in here," I revealed which immediately changed that surprised reaction. Fortunately, he just nodded while his mouth hangs open forming an o.

"Ooh!... please get me a pillow. And tell her I said hi..." He continues then smiled but he remained by the door, seemingly waiting for me to go inside. 

"Okay..." I replied, gaze locked at his eyes with all my brows furrowed tightly but he just stood there with that grin, so I pushed him gently, "Can you not move back?" 

"Oh, yeah I was waiting for the pillow but okay..." He answered, finally turning around but he looks back again just to snigger with his eyes squinting, "So protective..." 

I stepped inside my room and locked the door to finding Chaeyoung sitting on the right side of the bed, flipping through the pages of my notebook where I usually write drafts of lyrics that would suddenly come to my mind.

"Who was it?" She asked, smiling but noticed me looking at what she's holding, "Oh, sorry, I just got curious." 

"It's fine, just lyrics, I told you about that... I hope you don't mind, Baekhyun and Sehun came." I answered, walking to the bedside and sat beside her.

She then nods gently, "Okay. I'll visit some other time then." 

"No, I wasn't asking you to leave. They're just going to play games here. But if you mind, we could go somewhere. I mean, they came unannounced." I retorted. 

"They came here to play with you, Channie... But would it be fine with them if I'm here?" She asked sincerely. 

"I asked you first..." I chuckled. 

"I don't. I'm fine." She replied, smiling sweetly,

"And they'll be fine too... But first, can you uhm, cover up a little." I suggested since she's wearing a crop top. 

Her eyes squinted as she ask, "Seriously?" 

"It's fine if it's just me but you'll be alone in the same place be with three men... you can take the cover off after they leave." I retorted back. 

"One of those men is my boyfriend. The two other are his best friends... should I be worried?" She chuckles as she questions. 

Damn it...

She has a point but can't she get mine?  Am I asking an unreasonable request?

I know she wears a lot of these clothes. I know it's also an occupational requirement to wear something short and revealing but she doesn't have to wear these when she's with me. I know she might be comfortable wearing these clothes even if it's revealing. I respect what she wants but can't she do it for me?

"Are you mad?"

"No why would I be mad?" My brows furrow again as I asked. 

She suddenly sighed softly before saying. "Okay, I understand, but I didn't bring anything for cover-up." 

"No, you don't need any covering up... You're fine." I replied holding her hand and immediately standing up but then, she pulled, "I'm sorry. I just like it when you're being protective like this even if you aren't too upfront in reprimanding me of what to wear." 

I wasn't mad, just felt frustrated but she asked if I was mad... Do I look like I'm mad?

"You're not mad, right?" She asks again. 

"Do I look mad?" 

"You're frowning and you sound annoyed after I reasoned out." She replies as she stood up facing me. 

A sigh then escaped my lips.

So I had to react like this, huh?

Do I have to sound annoyed or frown or show her I'm mad for her to do what I wanted? I just asked her to cover up. It's not like I was speaking in tongues, I wasn't asking her to cover herself for the rest of her life...

Anyway, maybe I am being too overprotective. 

"Channie..." She called out softly, lower lip curling to a soft pout. 

If I'll be honest to myself, I don't really know if I am annoyed with her reasoning or at myself. 

"I'm not mad... and I'm not gonna force you. If you want to cover up you can use any of the clothes in the closet if you'll find anything to your liking." 

"Alright... choose for me." She then smiled sweetly. 

And that's only what it takes for me to feel better.

We then raided my closet looking for something she might like. There wasn't much to choose from since most my shirt and hoodies were black and were all too big for her. She'll look like she isn't wearing anything underneath if she wore any of my hoodies. But I don't know what to offer so I end pulling a long-sleeved, plain black shirt. The fabric isn't too thick which won't make it too warm for her.

She wore it without question and even tucked the front in her skirt. At least her tummy wouldn't be exposed and it actually looks good. 

When I opened the door, Sehun and Baekhyun quickly turned their heads on our direction. They've already set up their laptops on the coffee table while sitting on the floor. Chaeyoung then waves her hand shyly at both men before bowing and both guys bowed to her as well. 

"Sorry to bother you. We didn't know you're here." Baekhyun said while wearing a puppy dog smile on his face. 

"It's alright, sunbaenim. I hope you don't mind me staying here for a bit." She replied. 

"You can just call me Baekhyun... or oppa... oppa sounds better though... It's about time we get to hang around with you anyway. Chanyeol is keeping locked in his apartment, right? After that sasaeng thing going on. I really hate sasaengs." 

She just nodded in response to Baekhyun. Right after, Baek focuses on his laptop while I urge her to take a seat on the couch. She looked up to me while holding my arm, seemingly asking me to sit with her. 

Now she's shy?... She sounds pretty confident back when she was inside the room.

"I'm going to make breakfast." I muttered before continuing, "As you said, they're my best friends, what are you shy for?" I chuckled as I asked.

"I'm not shy... I'm gonna make you breakfast. What would you like?" 

I knew that's a lie. But of course, she might feel awkward alone with people she doesn't know well yet.

"Uhm... toast? Like the one you made last week?" 

She then chuckles, "That's all you're going to have for breakfast?" 

"Yeah, make a lot." I nodded and smiled. 

"Finally, you smiled. I thought you're going to be mad at me all day..." 

I didn't realize I wasn't smiling. Well, who can force a smile if they're annoyed? But I wasn't intending on making her feel that I'm mad especially after what we have discussed earlier. 

I had to control my facial expression somehow.

"I'm gonna make crisp bacon for you too. Goes well with the toast. Oh, eggs too." She excitedly stated before skipping her way to the kitchen. 

I then walked towards my PC that's just beside my TV and switched it on to join the two in the game. Then Baek stated, "She looks sprightly... and she quickly changed your mood... and you forgot my pillow" Baekhyun commented sniggering with that grin. 

"Go get it yourself." 

Suddenly, Chaey came back to the living room with a spatula at hand, "Does Baehyun and Sehun oppa like some bacon and toast too?" 

"If it's okay with you then, sure." Sehun replied while Baekhyun just pulled his thumb up while nodding vehemently. 

Chaey then looked at me and smiled widely before going back to the kitchen. 

"That's one of the perks of having a girlfriend, Sehun. They will feed you." Baekhyun stated before putting on his headphones. 

"Why would I need a girlfriend if Kyungsoo hyung cooks for me and Chanyeol hyung pays for my meal." The younger shrugged with a grin.

"Maknae, your is wasted on you." Baekhyun then rolled his eyes but Sehun was quick to fire back, "Why? Is your any useful than mine?" 

"Can you avoid talking like that today? Please? Just today..." I sternly asked. 

"It's gonna be fun today, I can feel it. I'm all tingly." Baekyun wiggled his shoulders, sniggering again. 

"Please don't say unnecessary things," I asked in nonchalance despite the pleading. 

It's actually hard to ask Baek to behave and I'm not really expecting him to do what I ask. He does things his way nowadays. He lets his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter