Starry Sky

THEIR SECRETS BEHIND
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

             

 

"I found the best spot the other night. I thought it would be perfect but that would mean we're going to be outside all night so I've booked a hotel if you want to be comfy. We can also see the stars at the rooftop." He stated as he drives us to the freeway out of Seoul.

"It's fine with me if we stay out all night. It would be clearer if there are no lights, right?" I asked, looking at him.

"Yeah but, it will be cold tonight. I brought blankets of course, but you should be comfortable." He replied, gaze turning swiftly towards me before looking back ahead on the road again.

"If it's better to stay out all night, then I'm fine with it," I responded with a smile which also earned his wide smile.

"Hey, you mentioned you found the spot for us to stay just the other night, you mean you went there already?" I asked, tilting my head as I look at him.

"Mm..." He hummed in response with a nod, "I needed to make sure we can see the stars clearly."

"How long 'til we get there?"

"About... an hour and a half, I think." He squinted his eyes as if he's unsure. Channie's a fast driver though he's very careful. If it would take an hour and a half to get to the destination, that means it's really far from Seoul and there's barely traffic this afternoon.

"Let's get dinner first. I plan on cooking for you at the hotel." He suggested.

"You booked a room with a kitchen?" I asked before a soft chuckle escape my lips as I thought of how cute he is, trying to impress me.

"Yes, I hope you like jjajangmyeon for dinner." He answered, pursing his lips into a smile to which I, of course, nodded vehemently to.

At this stage, I'm not in the position to ask for anything because he's basically doing everything for me. And of course, I'd like to see how this date will go according to his plan. And so far, I don't have any concerns or complaints about everything that he had planned. 

By far, Channie had been such a sweetheart from the first day we met until now. They said that a man will change once he gets what he wants after the relationship progressed after courtship. But I feel like he's still courting me. Though it's still too early to tell in our case because the words we told each other yesterday aren't the basis.

But nevertheless, he and I are sharing something now that's deeper than friendship. I'm fine with it even if we still haven't confirmed what this relationship is. I just love him more than a friend should love someone, and I know he feels the same.

After we arrive, Channie really did have everything prepared after we checked in the hotel as he really brought groceries for dinner. I helped in preparing our meal by cutting the pork, vegies and other toppings while he prepares the noodles and the sauce. He said he'll cook tteokbokki for me on our next date which I'm already looking forward to.

Channie's such a good cook as the jjajangmyeon he prepared was not the usual, adding a bit of his own recipe in and new side dishes that aren't usual for jjajangmyeon which surprisingly goes well with the dish itself.

The least I could do is to literally fill my stomach with good food.

He kept saying that I eat so well and so enthusiastically that anyone would feel really hungry just by watching me. It kind of embarrassed me a bit. Though he assures me that it's nothing to be embarrassed about by doing the sweetest possible way I could only imagine making me feel assured - by kissing me on the cheek as I chew.

I was so preoccupied with chewing that I didn't realize he had been so close. And after the kiss which had frozen me for a good minute, he looked at me with the sweetest, shyest smile before telling me how cute my cheeks are when I eat before he goes pecking my cheek again.

My cheeks feel so warm at that moment. It's not only my stomach that is filled but also my heart which I thought would burst out.

After finishing the meal that's clearly not only for two, we rest for a bit. We just talked about random stuff that came from the conversation that started with beef until it goes to music again.

We stayed there for a few hours just sitting on the sofa together, even though it felt too short for a couple of hours. Now I truly understand how time passes so fast when you're enjoying your time with someone.

We then went to that dark place that he says. It was actually really dark but it was just a wheat field.

As soon as I stepped out of the vehicle, the stars greeted me. I've seen many stars before but I never have seen this many at the night sky. It's as if I was inside of a movie. I've never been to the bush in Australia so I never knew how the night sky would be there. *the bush in AU means an unpopulated area*

"Uwah..." I exhaled in amazement as I look up, not even trying to move from where I had gotten off from the car. I then heard the car door slammed shut which had snapped be back to earth and found him walking towards me with his phone flashlight switched on.

"So, later on tonight there will be more stars?" I asked.

He smiled and nodded in response, "There's no pollution to this side of town that's why you get to see them clearly unlike in Seoul."

"How'd you know this stuff? I mean, finding the Milky Way or even finding the best spot to stargaze?" I asked.

"I love Astronomy..." He answered instantly.

"Really?" I asked again, now chuckling.

"I'd be an astronaut if I wasn't an idol." He responded with a chuckle looking like he's kidding.

"Now I get it, why most of EXO's concepts are out of this world," I said before softly giggling, hiding my lips behind the hems of my sweater. "There's a difference between an astronaut and astronomer, you know?" I added the question.

I look up once again and sighed as I was in awe. How much more could it g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter