Forgetting How To Breathe

THEIR SECRETS BEHIND
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After all the phone calls, the sweet messages and video chats, all of it would never be enough once you've gotten so close. You'd crave for the touch of his hand, the softness of the kisses laid on the hands and cheeks, the music that is his voice and the warmth of his embrace.

It had only been just a couple of months, yet, it felt like the connection we had after we first met was different amongst other new people we just met.

I know we had to slow down but, how could we? It feels like it's going to happen anyway so why should we force ourselves to take it slow?

"Yah! Park Chaeyoung, I thought your date will be later this evening? Why are you getting ready this early?" Lisa asked as she laid on her stomach upon my bed, watching me put light make-up on.

"We're going to his studio to try some stuff," I answered, pursing my lips to a smile that puffs my cheek so I could blush it up lightly.

"Try some stuff, huh?" She sniggers questioningly, "like smooches and stuff?"

I chuckled softly, feeling my cheeks flush which gave me a hard time putting the blush on, "We don't smooch."

Lisa gasps, forming and o on her lips, "Oooh! So you're admitting it then? You've kissed him! A peck perhaps but not a smooch?"

"Just on the cheek." I answered shyly, trying not to look at her through the mirror out of embarrassment.

"I bet'cha today it'll be on the lips." She replied, wiggling her brows. "Awe, my Chaeyoungie is all grown up now. And she's taken by a handsome puppy-ape."

"What even?" I asked, turning around with a burst of soft laughter.

"You know, he's a giant puppy who looked like an ape." She shrugs with her answer. "How can a big guy like that pull off something like that?"

"Lili..." I started, getting all serious and she replied with a hum.

I've already asked my sister about this and her answer encourages me. But I also need to know from the people really close to me if what I'm putting myself into, where Chanyeol and I are headed is in the right path.

"I just met Chanyeol last year, December. I knew him for such a long time but he knew me just a couple of months ago and beyond that, we are still strangers who know each other a couple of months old. And now, we're already like this... do you think we should slow down?" I asked, looking straight in her eyes.

"What makes you think you're going too fast?" She asked.

"Well, because we're just a couple of months old?" I answered back in a question.

"So?" She raised a brow, "What is it that really worries you?" She asked.

"Mmm... what other people might say? And, what if... he gets over it as fast as he gets on with it?" 

"Why would you worry about other people?" She asked with a brow raised, "C'mon, you have a private life and it should remain private. And by the looks of it, you don't even care what the rest of us would say because you're happy. And, do you think Chanyeol is that type of guy who jumps in and jumps out just as fast? No, right? But what do I know... It's all just a leap of faith." She stated.

I pouted with the familiarity of her answer which made me assume that she might have spoken to my sister, "Did you talk to Alice?" I asked.

"No. Tho she told us the same, remember? When we're worrying if we'll really get to debut? Everything you do for the first time will be a leap of faith. You just need to hope for the best. I just thought it's the same with your worries now... you're unsure right? But as long as you're happy then, I'd say go for it. I'll always be right here for you." She stated with her pretty smiles.

"I'm glad you say that because... I really like him." I replied, smiling shyly before bitting my lower lip softly.

"Ugh! Oh please!" She groaned out loud, "You're already in love with him. And even if I tell you to slow down, you won't listen to me." She retorted back, scoffing before really breaking to a chuckle.

With Lisa's words in mind, I hopped in his car with my unsteady, beating heart. Although, my heart's already sure of what it wants.

I brought some change of clothes since it was an overnight stay. I don't know exactly where but I brought all the stuff I think I needed and thankfully, all of it fit into a single backpack.

"Studio? or you wanna grab something to eat first? Though, I brought a few snacks already." He said.

He had been always so considerate of me with his never-ending questions like, have you eaten yet, wanna grab some snacks, do you want something to eat? Even with little things that he thought I'm uncomfy with, he would always consider what I want and how I'm doing as a gentleman would.

Not to forget what had happened last week. I kind of feel he's hesitating with his actions. I thought I was being too touchy but I realized that he was just really unsure of how to act because he's afraid that I may feel violated if he acted fi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter