It's Just A Peck

THEIR SECRETS BEHIND
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     

"Thanks for everything, Channie." I smiled at as we head on our way to the airport tonight.

My flight schedule to Melbourne is earlier than his, going to Japan. He fetched me from the dorms early as well, helping me carry my bag and my cabin trolley.

We had a barbecue for dinner. It made me really happy and surprised at the same time as I didn't know how to eat that huge ball he made with lettuce and pork belly which he fed me and it took me a while since I bit half of it instead of devouring it all in one go. I'm too shy to even open my mouth so widely in front of him. But I had my revenge when I fed him an even larger ball of leaf piled with a couple of meat, rice, paste and all other banchan I could put in.

I was trying so hard to hold back my laughter as he tried to squeeze it all in his mouth, but I helped him along the way even if he was already having a difficulty in breathing.

He looked liked a cow as he chew the ball I just fed him and I was cracking up all the while he tries to chew it down.

He had never made me pay for anything despite me asking to share the expenses. 

He said that this is just how he is even with his friends and family. He added that, a meal will always be his treat.

Never had I ever met such a gentleman... except from my dad but, Chanyeol has been living up to how rumors describe him to be. 

But what I found really adorable is his charm with his shyness. He could be really confident but then, he'd suddenly hide his face and get all shy. I can't get enough of it especially when he smiles so widely, showing off those pearls and those wrinkles at the sides of his eyes.

And he does that behavior again while driving. 

"No problem. You don't need to thank me for it." He replied which had me grinning at his reaction. Though I probably am the same whenever he says good things that make my heart flutter.

Especially yesterday. 

The time we spent at his apartment made me really happy, especially being inside his mini-studio, discussing what we both love dearly and especially learning how he is when he's inside that room. Now I know why he spends most of his time there even if he has a lot of things he wants to do.

It had become my favorite place in this apartment.

After parking the car, we went inside the lobby, he walked me to the terminal and waited with me there. Both of our faces were hidden under surgical masks and we picked the least crowded area to sit in beside each other

"Do you want me to get you anything while I'm in Japan?" He asked, pulling his mask down as he looked into my eyes.

"Hmm... I haven't been there yet so I don't know. Ref magnet? I guess?" I shrugged. No one knew of our trip today and there was a lesser crowd. I felt relaxed as we sat there, so I also pulled my mask down.

He chuckles upon hearing my answer, "Alright. I'll buy you a magnet."

"What about you. Anything from Australia?" I asked.

His lips then purses into a shy smile before humming as he thinks, "hmm..."

"I can't bring home a koala or kangaroo... those might scare Toben." I teased, softly chuckling at the end, somehow embarrassed of my unfunny remark.

"I already have you from Australia. So, just come home."

I sighed out loud, staring back at his eyes. I sighed not because what he said made me cringe or getting tired of a pick-up line but because my heart just melted and a sigh came out after my breath stopped in a brief moment and it followed by the feeling of being weak in the knees.

But before I could open my mouth and respond, my flight was called by the ground steward to board the cabin which both got our attention.

"I have to go," I muttered.

It was years since I left Melbourne and I have hoped to come home for so long after living in Seoul for years. But I suddenly felt like staying, feeling I'm leaving behind something dearly important.

It's not like I'm not coming back but, just as we were really getting closer, knowing each other... I'd have to leave him behind.

Kinda makes my heart sink but, it's just for a week.

"Take me on a date when I come back." I shyly said, lowkey asking him to immediately schedule the date he asked of me before.

"The date is set, all that's missing is you." He smiled widely but softly.

I don't know what's gotten into me but it was the boldest move I've done my entire life.

I leaned towards him, reached for his right cheek before laying a soft peck upon that mochi with a dimple.

I just felt the surge of excitement and apprec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter