Story

THEIR SECRETS BEHIND
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He saw the episode of King of Mask Singer on its airing date and practically waited in front of the TV without calling me nor texting me when it was on as he said he was too concentrated on the show which is an adorable but an overreaction at the same time. It's as if he's like a kid watching his favorite show. 

There were a few things he learned on that show. He really couldn't believe my waist is 24 inches. It was just my pant's size but, I'll keep him guessing what my waistline really is because it isn't really 19 inches either. He initially believed it was 19 even saying waist is a handful - meaning it's as wide as his hand from thumb to pinky stretched out. He has huge hands, so... it's not accurate. 

Channie left for London today. He said he will be signing as an ambassador for a famous brand and gets to have his vacation at the same time. We're not able to meet up as I was busy, finishing recording our group's new album that we hope to be released June of this year. We're also learning the choreography of the title track so, it's a hectic time. 

"I wish you were here. I'm accompanied by my manager who brought her girlfriend with us and now they're out for a date... I can't date with just myself." He says as we talk over the phone after his arrival. "You said you'll be teaching me English. I could use the lesson now."

Somehow, even without seeing his face, I could already tell how he would be looking like, the expression he would wear by just the tone of his voice. I could imagine him pouting cutely already with brows all furrowed.

"I'm sorry." I chuckled, "I'm starting to get used to speaking Korean lately because of you so... I promise to teach you some other time." 

"Can you teach me now?" He asked. 

"Fine." I agreed, rolling my eyes but a chuckled escaped my lips, "Where do you want to start?" I asked, already switching the language to English." 

"Yah... don't talk so fast." He complained. 

"If I'm gonna teach you English, then, you have to speak in English as well. English only policy, do you understand?" I sternly said. 

"Uhh... yes." He answered, now in the same language.

"Very good." 

"I like your accent." He says with his native accent which I find cute. I know I sometimes slur my words when speaking in Korean and he had told me it's also cute even if I find it embarrassing. I avoided pointing out how he also slurs his words so he wouldn't feel embarrassed as well.

But the conversation inevitably went to straightening accents so I told him that I felt that embarrassed when I slur words. He told me not to be embarrassed as I could speak more than just one language and that I'm still learning so it's natural to make pronunciation mistakes. Some people out there made fun of those who had a funny accent, finding themselves superior just because it's their native tongue, yet, they can only speak one language.

I was once told to stick to speaking in English because my Korean . It really embarrassed me because there were people listening but I never let those words get to me. Not everyone will put it out nicely for me as Channie does. I admit I am not as fluent as other foreigners are. Others are very forthright and wouldn't care about feelings because facts don't care about your feelings. 

"I need to teach you personally, Channie. I can't teach you properly while over the phone. I can't show you how to accentuate each word with how the mouth moves." I said, reverting back to Korean.

"I could've taught me yesterday. We have a few hours off and I could've come and fetch you there before I left but you wouldn't let me so..." he trailed off with a sigh before continuing, "...okay." 

"You're at it again." My lower lip curled to a pout since he began guilt-tripping me once again. He's the one who told me to be careful yet he's so eager to show himself around the premises of our dorms. No matter how he disguises himself, his ears would always blow his cover. It's needless to say that those ears are already iconic. If a fan happens to be around our are then it would totally cause an issue as to why he's there or worse, take a picture of him. He has a poor choice of disguise as he prefers a cap that leaves those ears exposed more than a bucket hat or a beanie. 

I don't want to tell him what to wear because he has his own style. We have been controlled on what to wear so I'm not gonna be included to those people who control him. I don't want him to feel that way towards me, even if it could help him hide those ears. He's just too recognizable. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter