A Hundred

THEIR SECRETS BEHIND
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

             

I sighed as I held my chin while leaning against the window at the backseat of the van with both legs up on the seat.

I stared at the sky that is just starting to display hues of orange and yellow near horizon as the sun is just about to rise. It reminded me of that night we spent together. The sky now looked exactly like of that sky that day.

We have an early schedule today but the first thing I checked was my messages.

It's been two hours since he replied.

Channie had been so busy as he had been learning choreographies and also recording for the repackage album even if they hadn't had their comeback yet. It's actually incredible learning how time for us would be next to impossible but it's understandable. He actually sleeps 4 hours a day recently and that's if he's lucky.  The last time I talk to him through a video chat that only lasted 5 minutes, he had a huge pimple on his cheek so I knew how exhausted he might be.

I always make sure I won't be bothering him during his naps though it's kinda making me lonely after getting used to his constant messages as the interval of his replies is a bit too late most times now. But he never forgets to respond. 

It's June and now we're promoting at several music shows after the release of our music video and I was so grateful that people have been really enjoying our music. I even read sweet messages from fans and handwritten letters handed to us whenever we arrive or leave locations during promotions. 

However, I couldn't help but think constantly about him. I truly admire him for working so hard. He loved his fans so much that he doesn't complain about exhaustion. He never did complain to me even if I was anticipating it.

He's doing his best for them and it's inspiring. Seeing him like this made me vow to never slack off and work the hardest as well. It's not just because of him, but also to the number of inspiring messages I have received. If a time comes that we would be really exhausted to the point that we'll be also sleeping less, I'll never complain because the fans don't deserve that whether they hear about it or not. Because we wouldn't be here without them. 

The comeback actually gave me a lot of free time after every schedule. I had made time to see some friends from church and even a few idols. But only now do I realize what Channie might be feeling before when he always wanted to see me during spare times because a time would come where we will not be able to talk properly nor see each other. 

Going to his apartment seem so lonely because I knew I wouldn't catch him there. He stays at their dorm, especially during these busy times since it's near SM. 

However, today is different.  He said he'll be coming home later after lunch. I somehow felt that texts from him became so rare that as soon as I received a text, I immediately glued myself to my phone as I wanted to catch this time with him even if it's just through text. 

"Yah... Chaeyoung's so attached to her phone but she never replies to our messages." Jisoo frowned with a pout curling on her lower lip as she stared at me while the stylists softly curls my hair.

"Hey, I do reply...." I defended, also pouting back. 

"After an hour or two." Lisa chuckles. 

"She's busy, girls, you know what I mean." Jennie sniggers, turning her head looking at the two with a kind of gaze that hiding a message. 

I couldn't talk openly about it especially since there are other people in the room but I could only shrink in my seat while pouting as the girls kept sniggering.

I'd always lose hold of my phone whenever Channie and I are together. It's actually quite relaxing when you have time off from all social media and spend quality time with someone you love.  

The stylists eventually asked me if I'm seeing someone and I actually got flustered.

I'm really seeing someone and it's my boyfriend. Even if we really haven't talked about it, Chanyeol is already that guy to me.

But I felt bad denying it. 

After recording our performance which went smoothly, we waited for the ending of the show and to our surprise, we had our first with our comeback. It felt so rewarding to have won and I always feel indebted to the fans for this. 

But after receiving lots of praise, we eventually headed next to a radio station as a guest. It was kind of flustering to be asked about our ideal guy and whatnots because I always kept thinking of him but I needed to answer differently.

Right after this, I was so excited to go to his apartment that I only did not bother to wash my face. I just clipped my bangs, tied my hair up, wearing a plain blouse and denim shorts and not forgetting a mask. I requested our manager to drop me off near SM Coex with an excuse for meeting a friend. It was on the way back to our dorm so it was convenient for me. 

Before leaving, I actually was able to ask for a few skincare products from our stylist which she gladly spared me a few. Channie's pimple had given me quite an impression so I decided that I'd like to take care of it by getting rid of it. 

When I arrived at his apartment, it was very quiet and I somehow assumed that he hasn't arrived yet but then, I noticed that the AC was on since the temperature is quite cold. I silently entered even if his lock had beeped after I locked the door. 

No one came to greet me so I actually thought that he must've gone out or something. I never told him I was coming over at this time as I was planning to surprise him again. But as I was walking in, checking my phone for any messages and felt sad finding no notification, I gasped as I almost drop my bag on his face without realizing that he was napping on the couch. 

He was sleeping so peacefully that the beep from the lock of his door didn't wake him up. 

I somehow felt bad for him because looking in closely while he's sleeping, he looked really exhausted and that pimple now has a companion. However, he looked so cute with that luscious lower lip hang slightly open.

I took my phone and snapped a picture of him, feeling triumphant now that I have something personal to with. I was taking photos of different angles when the third clicking sound of my phone awoken him. He slowly opens his eyes before closing his mouth until his lower lip curled into a pout. 

"What are you doing?" he asked speaking softly, keeping that pout before hiding his face behind his hands which had me chuckling. 

"You looked too cute, I couldn't help it." I chuckled softly and sat on the free space on the couch by his waist. 

"Sorry if I woke you." I leaned down and gave him a peck on his pimple-free cheek before embracing him warmly. 

He then asks, "I thought you'd be coming over later tonight?" his arms wrapped around me.

"I'm too excited to get rid of your pimple," I answered but giggled when his embrace tightened before he turned us over until I found myself laying down with him, sandwiched between the backrest of the couch and him. 

"My pimple misses you too." He replied, feeling him kiss the side of my head until he started sniffing, "You smell good... you changed perfume?" 

"Mm." I hummed in response. "I tried something different. Do you like it?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter