Beethoven

THEIR SECRETS BEHIND
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyoung's POV:

"Oh my gosh..." I gasp while looking at the photo he sent. Channie oppa had adopted a cute little, black furbaby and this cute little puppy matches curls with him.

He had been planning about this for a week now and I thought he wouldn't continue due to a health issue. But, he surprised me when he sent this photo so suddenly.

Despite having allergies like my mom, he still adopted a dog after the New Year.

He spent the new year in Japan with friends because he loved skiing so much. I don't know how to ski but watching the videos he sent me had me interested for I'd always loved adrenaline-pumping activities. Or at least the thought of it as I have not tried anything thrilling next to that. 

I pouted when I watched the video of the pup he sent later on. This little, curly puppy is playing with a little stuffie and it had me feeling really jealous. I wanna cuddle with the puppy so bad.

Suddenly, my phone buzzed and a video call request appeared on my screen. He was calling while I'm in the middle of a break during rehearsals. 

We're currently inside the practice room for performance rehearsal for GDA this coming week. 

I quickly got up from the floor and ran to my bag to get my earphones so that no one would hear his voice while we talk. I then ran to the corner in front by the mirror wall and sat, fixing my hair before I turned, answering his call. And as soon as the cam , the puppy appeared on the screen.

No one knows we've been in touch ever since the practice for the acoustic stage, even the members of my group nor my sister. I'd like to keep it that way to avoid trouble. I mean, oppa and I are just friends but, being friends with someone else especially a guy from outside our company might get me and the rest of the girls in trouble. It might trouble him too and I'd hate to cause that especially after he helped me a lot.

"He's so cute and fluffy..." I said, muttering softly on to the mouthpiece of my earphones.

"Oh... you're on practice? Did I disturb you?" He asked. His cam's still focused on the puppy tho he might have noticed the mirror I'm leaning against which is commonly found in practice rooms.

"I'm on break so it's alright." I smiled, avoiding to call him Channie or oppa out loud. "Is it a boy?" 

"Yeah... I haven't named him yet. Any suggestions? My sister wants to call him Leo... " He said in a kind of unamused tone.

"Oh... I'm not good with names." I sheepishly replied. 

"Me either." He chuckled. "I wanted a unique and cute name for him but, I can't think of anything at the moment." 

I started thinking as I watch the puppy play with a little Pikachu stuffie. "A unique name huh? How about Beethoven? You know him oppa, right?" I asked.

"The deaf musician? Yeah... But why Beethoven?" He asked before the camera turns to his form wearing specs, a grey hoodie and a grey scarf around his neck. His hair is still curly which had me awe-ing internally. 

"Uhm... well, his hair doesn't match the puppy's because Beethoven's were white while that cutie is black and curly. That doesn't make any sense..." I answered, biting my lower lip in the end out of embarrassment. That's just the first thing that popped out my mind after watching a movie about a St. Bernard breed. Everything I said was a total contrast which is kind of making me embarrassed.

"Are you talking about the puppy or about me?" He asked, followed by a quick, sheepish chuckle. "Forget I said that." 

He had me giggling on the corner with his remarks, "We'll... I'll have to give you credit for looking a little cute." 

"I prefer not to be called cute." He replied, pursing his lips. Lisa then sat on the bench right in front of me but she's facing the whole room. "But, kinda made sense because you're referring to what's opposite his appearance, am I right? 

I nodded in response, "Mm... and the puppy's dad is a musician with great ears." I giggle in the end.

"My ears are precious..." He pouted.

"I know, oppa." I replied, chuckling still. "Do you know the huge dog named Beethoven? It's a movie..."

"Yeah, the St. Bernard." He answered. "Now that you mentioned it, that name is used by a lot of St. Bernards. Not quite unique" he scrunches his nose with a slight shaking of his head.

How could oppa pull off being cute while being so tall? 

I don't know men who can pull off tall and cute at the same time because it's quite the opposite.

"Yeah, so let's just make it short... How about Toben." I suggested, smiling at him. I recalled having a poodle whose

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter