Mask

THEIR SECRETS BEHIND
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Do you think he likes you? Like... as in... he wants to date you?" Lisa asked, clinging on my arm as we walk in the street, finding a good place to have lunch.

I've told her about my dinner with Chanyeol and how I've felt so nervous yet so comfortable at the same time like it's so crazy to have good mixed feelings by just being with him which doesn't make sense at all even up to now.

Three days have passed since then and to be honest, I still think of that time and it had me sleepless at night.

This was the only opportunity that I can to Lisa about him.

However, her question had me thinking.

"I don't know." I shook my head with a pout on.

"He hasn't invited you out again, right? But you'll see each other tomorrow so, I guess it's not needed." She shrugged.

Tomorrow, Channie and I will see each other again at an awards show.

"That isn't the same, Lili. It's not like I can openly talk to him nor even smile at him during awards." I retorted.

"Well... yeah but you can bow whenever you cross path with him." She said followed by soft chuckles.

"Of course." I pouted with my reply.

"What if he only sees you like a dongsaeng? He's five years older, right?" She asked. "Or what if he's just taking good care of his hoobae?"

Chanyeol is definitely the kind of person that treats his hoobaes as dongsaengs and he definitely is good to them. I haven't known him for long but based on what people say about him, I think I don't need to wait for a long time to realize that. What people say about him, especially when our managers talk about EXO is close to being a testimony of the truth about him.

People won't call him kind to a fault for nothing.

"Awe, don't be sad, Chaeyoungie..." Lisa said before her arms wrap around my waist and resting her chin upon my shoulder as we walk.

I didn't realize I've maintained my pout while looking sad after she asked her question.

"If he sees me as what you told me then, I should be happy and contented, right? I mean, I should not expect so much from someone as kind as him. I should not confuse his kindness into something else."

"But you're somehow assuming, right? That he likes you? I would if I were you." She retorted which made me dart glares.

"Yah... I'm not saying I like the guy." She defended with a chuckle. "What I was trying to say is if someone like him showed me the same treatment to me, I won't be able to help it. I'd assume that he likes me. Everyone would."

Of course. I'll be lying to myself if I say that I'm not expecting anything. Tho, stopping myself from expecting would prevent me from hurting just in case he doesn't feel the same.

Lisa and I then went to a small ramen store nearby since we were both craving for it.

"And you totally like the guy even before he knew you which will make it harder for you."

It's no secret between Lisa and I that I like Chanyeol. I don't usually talk about it in the past but I've expressed that I like men who are musically inclined, who plays instruments like piano and guitar, who's passionate about music, who has the same taste as mine and can introduce me to music I didn't know. These have always attracted me and finding someone that have these qualities especially in this industry had me feeling motivated.

I made him my inspiration.

But I never expected we would be friends.

"But!... I think he likes you. I mean, duh! He took you out for dinner. That's pretty risky." Lisa enthusiastically bumps my shoulder as we walk our way back to the dorm after the meal.

However, even after her assurance, I've come to realize that I should also protect myself.

What if her speculations were right and I've let myself ride on with these emotions accompanied by my assumption that he likes me? I'd be the one to get hurt.

"Don't worry, Lisa. I'm not assuming much from him. I'm just happy that we're getting to know each other." I smiled, though somehow, it left a pricking pain inside my chest.

"And if he really likes you and asks you to date him?" She asked, raising her brow.

I nervously laughed out loud though I knew my cheeks were giving me away because I felt hot out of embarrassment. "That would be totally ridiculous."

"You're acting defensive, Chaeng." She squinted her eyes in scrutiny, keeping a grin on her lips. "And that isn't impossible to happen."

"Well, it's not gonna happen anytime soon." I retorted.

"You think so? Even if you're now forgetting to respond to our chats and messages because you're consistently talking with him?"

"Yah... I never forget to reply." I defended, eyes widening.

"Yeah... after an hour." She chuckled. "Anytime soon I bet you'll forget."

That night, after a refreshing shower, my phone rang. Surprise no surprise, it's him who's calling. 

"Channie oppa..." I quickly answered, heart, beating rapidly.

"Hello, Chaeyoungie? Did I call on the wrong time?" He asked.

"No. Not at all. I'm idle at the moment." I replied, sitting on the edge of my bed.

"I know it's late and we have the SMAs tomorrow but, I'm outside and I was around the corner... Uhm, do you wanna grab a snack?" He asked, voice kinda muffled.

"Erm... sure. I just need to get dressed."

"Alright. I'm just at the corner."

Aft

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter