Awkwardly Good

THEIR SECRETS BEHIND
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I waited for his text before going out of the back building. I made sure I looked presentable even after practice -- tying my hair in a low ponytail, light make up and of course, wore my favorite cologne.

Even if it's too sudden for me and I can back out and say I'm busy, it's Chanyeol. If it's someone else, I can easily make up an excuse.

Sneaking out had never been so exciting for me until now.

This will be my first time to eat out alone with a boy I like.

When I received his message, I went out of the back building exit and look for his car which is parked on the left side of the road.

My heart races like that of the first time I was formally introduced to him. I've admired him from afar and knowing him, befriending him had been such a privilege for me. And like everyone says about him- Chanyeol being the kindest is very true. His talent alone is enough for anybody to realize how amazing he is plus his determination and his passion for work. His looks are just a bonus.

I was able to spot his SUV quickly. Everyone knew what he bought for himself as his reward but I never thought it would be bigger than expected. His car is overwhelming to look at but when he unlocked the door for me and saw him with his soft, unkempt curls and an oversized hoodie, a smile broke from my lips.

"Hi." He shyly greeted with that wide yet gentle smile.

"Hello, Channie oppa." I smiled back, feeling flustered all of a sudden but with a sigh, I calmed myself down before hopping in the passenger seat beside him. "Your car is huge..." I complimented in awe while looking around. However, he reaches at the back seat until he revealed a black, fur baby he now holds.

"Tobennie?" I gasped, reaching for the puppy until I was able to hold it in my arms. "I thought you wouldn't bring him?"

"He wants to meet you, so..." He replied, smiling as he watches me while I scratch both sides of the puppy's neck while puckering my lips, leading the pup for a smooch.

"We'll go back to my noona before we have dinner then I'll take you home. Do you stay at dorms?" He asked.

Am I gonna meet his sister? The news anchor?

"Yes. We have another practice tomorrow so I need to be home early. But you shouldn't have brought him. It's a hassle driving back and forth." I retorted.

"You said you wanna see him. It's the least I can do after you named him and, please,  it's not a hassle."

"Thanks, oppa. He's so cute and so behaved." I replied.

"Behaved is the opposite of what he is." He chuckled softly. "Unleash him at the park and he'll go berserk."

"Really? He's a lot like you then?" I asked while chuckling.

"I am well behaved if I needed to." He pouted.

"If needed to?" I asked, teasing him.

"Just like right now." He smiled shyly again, staring at me before he immediately averted his gaze forward.

"Still like Toben..." I muttered, smiling back at the cute puppy who's staring at me with those bright, little black orbs.

It kinda felt awkward, both of us just smiling, not knowing what to say at the moment but the awkwardness of that moment is not bad... it's awkwardly good that it's making me squeal internally. 

I realized we don't need to have words to say all the time because I  might say thing I shouldn't say yet.

We then went to his sister's apartment where he introduced me as a friend. They look so alike. What separates them is that she's femi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter